Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 02:21:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1499 1500 1501 1502 1503 1504 1505 1506 1507 1508 1509 1510 1511 1512 1513 1514 1515 1516 1517 1518 1519 1520 1521 1522 1523 1524 1525 1526 1527 1528 1529 1530 1531 1532 1533 1534 1535 1536 1537 1538 1539 1540 1541 1542 1543 1544 1545 1546 1547 1548 [1549] 1550 1551 1552 1553 1554 1555 1556 1557 1558 1559 1560 1561 1562 1563 1564 1565 1566 1567 1568 1569 1570 1571 1572 1573 1574 1575 1576 1577 1578 1579 1580 1581 1582 1583 1584 1585 1586 1587 1588 1589 1590 1591 1592 1593 1594 1595 1596 1597 1598 1599 ... 1628 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos  (Read 1483639 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
reebokasss

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 06:01:09 AM

wow 46k coin buy order....that would easily bring the price back up to 100k+ without a doubt.

And that just proves how little these trolls actually know when they come in here and FUD about our dropping price.

XC's price my look a little pitiful right now, but its still only 6-7 months old. Imagine how far we will be in another 6 months or even 1 year.

why the huge buy order at 70 are asked at bter where volume is 0,1 btc? why not on exchange with bigger volume (like bittrex) ? and why do you think that this buy order will bring us to 100 again easily?

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Este Nuno
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

amarha

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 06:06:24 AM

I believe now, especially coupled with FinCen's latest ruling, that Blocknet's nature puts it ahead of other public offering styled events. It being fully decentralized (not having any set of core coins, which I admit I argued against before the FinCen ruling ), and lack of trust on one single team(It's composed of a large set of different decentralized coins), makes it an even better contender than Supenet was.

Every coin in SuperNET is a 'core' coin. There's no practical difference in this regard between the two systems.
cryptico

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 07:16:53 AM

Just thought I'd throw this out there:

Overheard on IRC: ATCSECURE: "there is a new LTE update coming which XC will be leveraging for ad-hoc [physical] mesh networking via direct p2p."

What is LTE?

It's 4G for mobile phones.

P.S. Physical mesh networks are not in XC's mid-term future. We're not currently coding it.

Can you elaborate a bit more on this Arlyn.

Is this the beginning of the development of the Tech that will allow users to connect to to the internet using XC app via phone trough LTE? How it will get access to LTE withouth a sim card? is XC app communicating directly with LTE radio signals withouth the use of a SIM card in the future?, hence it will create a network based on the hardware with XC...hmmm yes I need more explanations about this please

.WildBeastBlock.       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
  with New Wallet & Smart Message Insertion
  with Smart Doc Insertion
  Free WBB Chat App | Fully Secure and Private
Dungor

Activity: 178
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 07:25:38 AM

I believe now, especially coupled with FinCen's latest ruling, that Blocknet's nature puts it ahead of other public offering styled events. It being fully decentralized (not having any set of core coins, which I admit I argued against before the FinCen ruling ), and lack of trust on one single team(It's composed of a large set of different decentralized coins), makes it an even better contender than Supenet was.

Every coin in SuperNET is a 'core' coin. There's no practical difference in this regard between the two systems.

BTCD?

XChat XZFT9YxW9Uhv4R5yoWgUmYhAzqP5qVuZp8
Public Key 288p7Jom8LvQ1UNVgc7H7wzpZoQkqLdtqfR7Ls4Bgo3Mz
braxx

Activity: 392

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 08:06:47 AM

Got some good news and some bad news today.

Good news is I had my first successful mix, so I guess I had it setup correctly after all.

Bad news is, it charged me!

Anyone have any info on this?

It was an old bug... I thought it was fixed...
send pm to ATCsecure with the TX

I'm on v0.9.2.49.08.XCurrency-REV2.

Apparently it was "remixed" without cause.
have you pm'd Dan (atcsecure) about this?
Este Nuno
Legendary

amarha

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 08:18:37 AM

BTCD?

TL;DR BTCD is technically equivalent to every other coin, but since all the developers from BTCD+jl777 are currently working on making the first reference implementation of SuperNET part of BTCD it makes it seem like it's exclusive to BTCD. When in fact the situation is almost perfectly analogous to how XC and atcsecure are providing Xbridge and Xmixers to Blocknet. So BTCD and XC are 'special' in the sense that they provide critical technology, but are not 'above' any other coin in their respective networks. Same goes for NXT and NHZ, both will be provided the asset exchange tech for SuperNET and Blocknet.

From my post earlier in this thread:

I got a little bit more information regarding the first two points we were discussing yesterday:

Quote from: jl777
every SuperNET node becomes one via libjl777, I made a reference implementation of a SuperNET node:

jl777 [03:33]
//
//  main.c
//  libtest
//
//  Created by jl777 on 8/13/14.
//  Copyright (c) 2014 jl777. MIT License.
//

#include <stdio.h>
#include <stdlib.h>
#include <unistd.h>
#include <memory.h>
#include "SuperNET.h"

...code...

jl777 [03:35]
The SuperNET_start call and the broadcast/narrowcast are how it is integrated into a coin

BTCD has done this already

also every SuperNET node is a "server" and a private node, both

The issue here is that jl777 and the other BTCD devs have all been working on implementing libjl777 which I think is analogous to Xbridge in this case and BTCD is just the first reference implementation. But the idea behind libjl777 is that it's supposed to be implemented in to every coin in superNET. Right now that's BBR, VRC, BITS, NXT, BTCD (all equal memebers but providing different technology or assets). Each developer of coins in superNET will eventually add libjl777, but for now the attention is focused on getting it in to BTCD first. Crypto_Zoidberg the lead dev for BBR only just started talking with jl777 about integration last week, so it's probably going to be a little while. But every coin is supposed to be equal, even though it may seem like BTCD is special, it's only really special in the sense that it has a bunch of people working full time and testing at the moment making it the first implementation of superNET. And of course in the same way that XC is meant to provide its mixers BTCD provides teleport. But BTCD isn't a necessary condition for someone to use superNET. The majority of people might end up using BTCD as their 'gateway' to superNET in a similar way that XC people would presumably hope that people will be using XC as a their coin of choice when using Blocknet.

Also, from what I can understand everyone person running superNET is equal and node and there's no particular server(other than each node being a "server" in the p2p sense) so I unless I'm missing something I would expect that to qualify as true p2p considering there are no central servers.

Personally, I don't think you need to justify Blocknet anyway based on those contrasting points you were using. A good idea is a good idea. And a new implementation of the same concept with a different network of coins should be sufficient in my opinion.
reebokasss

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 08:22:17 AM

less than 26hours till blocknet if i correct understand EST time Smiley one question, will we see how much tokens are already sold on every exchange?

Dungor

Activity: 178

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 08:32:52 AM

BTCD?

TL;DR BTCD is technically equivalent to every other coin, but since all the developers from BTCD+jl777 are currently working on making the first reference implementation of SuperNET part of BTCD it makes it seem like it's exclusive to BTCD. When in fact the situation is almost perfectly analogous to how XC and atcsecure are providing Xbridge and Xmixers to Blocknet. So BTCD and XC are 'special' in the sense that they provide critical technology, but are not 'above' any other coin in their respective networks. Same goes for NXT and NHZ, both will be provided the asset exchange tech for SuperNET and Blocknet.

I got a little bit more information regarding the first two points we were discussing yesterday:

every SuperNET node becomes one via libjl777, I made a reference implementation of a SuperNET node:

//
//  main.c
//  libtest
//
//

#include <stdio.h>
#include <stdlib.h>
#include <unistd.h>
#include <memory.h>
#include "SuperNET.h"

...code...

The SuperNET_start call and the broadcast/narrowcast are how it is integrated into a coin

The issue here is that jl777 and the other BTCD devs have all been working on implementing libjl777 which I think is analogous to Xbridge in this case and BTCD is just the first reference implementation. But the idea behind libjl777 is that it's supposed to be implemented in to every coin in superNET. Right now that's BBR, VRC, BITS, NXT, BTCD (all equal memebers but providing different technology or assets). Each developer of coins in superNET will eventually add libjl777, but for now the attention is focused on getting it in to BTCD first. Crypto_Zoidberg the lead dev for BBR only just started talking with jl777 about integration last week, so it's probably going to be a little while. But every coin is supposed to be equal, even though it may seem like BTCD is special, it's only really special in the sense that it has a bunch of people working full time and testing at the moment making it the first implementation of superNET. And of course in the same way that XC is meant to provide its mixers BTCD provides teleport. But BTCD isn't a necessary condition for someone to use superNET. The majority of people might end up using BTCD as their 'gateway' to superNET in a similar way that XC people would presumably hope that people will be using XC as a their coin of choice when using Blocknet.

Also, from what I can understand everyone person running superNET is equal and node and there's no particular server(other than each node being a "server" in the p2p sense) so I unless I'm missing something I would expect that to qualify as true p2p considering there are no central servers.

Personally, I don't think you need to justify Blocknet anyway based on those contrasting points you were using. A good idea is a good idea. And a new implementation of the same concept with a different network of coins should be sufficient in my opinion.

Thanks for clarifying Smiley

XChat XZFT9YxW9Uhv4R5yoWgUmYhAzqP5qVuZp8
Public Key 288p7Jom8LvQ1UNVgc7H7wzpZoQkqLdtqfR7Ls4Bgo3Mz
mav137

Activity: 163

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 08:43:14 AM

Overheard on IRC: ATCSECURE: "there is a new LTE update coming which XC will be leveraging for ad-hoc [physical] mesh networking via direct p2p."

What is LTE?

P.S. Physical mesh networks are not in XC's mid-term future. We're not currently coding it.

Is this the beginning of the development of the Tech that will allow users to connect to to the internet using XC app via phone trough LTE? How it will get access to LTE withouth a sim card? is XC app communicating directly with LTE radio signals withouth the use of a SIM card in the future?, hence it will create a network based on the hardware with XC...hmmm yes I need more explanations about this please

If it's what I think it is, it's gonna be based on LTE Direct
http://www.telecomstechnews.com/news/2014/sep/30/lte-direct-mesh-networks-are-future-connectivity/

According to this whitepaper, it's gonna use a licensed band on LTE and providers will charge a fee for using it.
https://www.qualcomm.com/system/files/document/files/Research_LTE-D_White_Paper.pdf
So, yes it's device 2 device (d2d), but it's still depending on a subscription from your provider.

It's like when we just discovered (if your old enough) using text messages. A whole new level of applications will become available with this.

Dan, can you confirm your anticipating on this technology?

Front row seats people! Front row!!
synechist
Legendary

Activity: 1190

To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2014, 08:43:52 AM

BTCD?

//
//  main.c
//  libtest
//
//

#include <stdio.h>
#include <stdlib.h>
#include <unistd.h>
#include <memory.h>
#include "SuperNET.h"

...code...

Thanks for clarifying Smiley

Morning all

Hmm... point broadly accepted, but:

- Dan is not providing Xmixer tech to the Blocknet. That's an XC feature only.

- There are no plans for development of the XBridge to run on XC first. It's not an analogous situation to BTCD.

There is no "internet of blockchains" if one coin has superordinate status over another. This would be like one website having superordinate status over others.
It's great to hear that BTCD's position is temporary BTW.
On the other hand, the SuperNET runs on NXT's blockchain and as far as I know that can't change. This could be a problem.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
cryptico

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 08:58:52 AM

buy wall on bter is now 75000...they should put it on bittrex

.WildBeastBlock.       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
  with Smart Doc Insertion
reebokasss

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 09:01:01 AM

ho ho ho, buy wall just increased to 75k coins Smiley

it would be nice to see that buy wall at bittrex Smiley

cryptico

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 09:03:03 AM

What is LTE?

http://www.telecomstechnews.com/news/2014/sep/30/lte-direct-mesh-networks-are-future-connectivity/

According to this whitepaper, it's gonna use a licensed band on LTE and providers will charge a fee for using it.
https://www.qualcomm.com/system/files/document/files/Research_LTE-D_White_Paper.pdf
So, yes it's device 2 device (d2d), but it's still depending on a subscription from your provider.

It's like when we just discovered (if your old enough) using text messages. A whole new level of applications will become available with this.

Arlyn can you comment on this as well please?

Can we go on IRC as well to discuss XC in a more direct way as here folks? who's with me?

.WildBeastBlock.       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
  with Smart Doc Insertion
mav137

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 09:09:17 AM

Joining irc

Edit, it's the middle of the night in the us now Smiley
Este Nuno
Legendary

amarha

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 09:09:39 AM

- There are no plans for development of the XBridge to run on XC first. It's not an analogous situation to BTCD.

There is no "internet of blockchains" if one coin has superordinate status over another. This would be like one website having superordinate status over others.
On the other hand, the SuperNET runs on NXT's blockchain and as far as I know that can't change. This could be a problem.

Yeah, I should have been more clear there. XC is providing Xmixer tech as a fee based service similar to how BTCD is providing Teleport.

Well, Xbridge has to be developed and implemented on some platform first I assume. If your planning on having the official release of Blocknet ready and available on all platforms that would be good too. Not sure if SuperNET will have every implementation ready for whatever release date is set. It's mostly just a matter of limited time, since each implementation requires that particular coin's devs to work with jl777 getting it set up. After BTCD is fully completed though it should move pretty fast through since most of the work will already be done.

A lot of jl777's existing projects have been built around NXT and many of those are being implemented as features into SuperNET. I'm not sure if the network as a whole relies on the NXT blockchain to function, but a lot of the most useful parts of it that involve the decentralised asset exchange certainly do.

synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2014, 09:11:31 AM

What is LTE?

Arlyn can you comment on this as well please?

I've just been reading an executive summary on LTE Direct, and it'll use a licensed spectrum.

This means that mobile operators will be able to charge both developers (for API access) and customers.

This is a little odd since it won't be the mobile operators' infrastructure transmitting data, but customers' hardware.

I'm unaware of how feasible it'll be to hack LTE to make it just function without the interference of mobile operators, but since no central infrastructure will be needed, it's at least a practical possibility.

Perhaps hackers will develop alternative firmware or drivers for LTE D-compatible hardware that'll make this happen.

Lastly, I'm not certain that this is what Dan is going to use. I'm also not yet sure that it'll be a problem (or a cost) to customers to use licensed spectrum.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
shockstar

Activity: 141

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 09:17:59 AM

Depth Chart is reversing as we speak. Time to buy before its too late lol
mav137

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 09:18:40 AM

Yeah, that is odd. If it's truly d2d, there should be no need for a subscription.
Would be great if Dan could comment on the technology he's focusing on
synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2014, 09:22:32 AM

Yeah, I should have been more clear there. XC is providing Xmixer tech as a fee based service similar to how BTCD is providing Teleport.

Well, Xbridge has to be developed and implemented on some platform first I assume. If your planning on having the official release of Blocknet ready and available on all platforms that would be good too. Not sure if SuperNET will have every implementation ready for whatever release date is set. It's mostly just a matter of limited time, since each implementation requires that particular coin's devs to work with jl777 getting it set up. After BTCD is fully completed though it should move pretty fast through since most of the work will already be done.

A lot of jl777's existing projects have been built around NXT and many of those are being implemented as features into SuperNET. I'm not sure if the network as a whole relies on the NXT blockchain to function, but a lot of the most useful parts of it that involve the decentralised asset exchange certainly do.

Aha. Thanks.

Regarding NXT's blockchain, I've yet to encounter any statements more detailed than "SuperNET runs on the NXT blockchain," so I've just taken that at face value for the time being.

(Incidentally, I've discovered that the best way to be educated about SuperNET is to make statements about it publicly and have people come and correct me. Ha ha. :-)

Speaking of blockchains, to the best of my knowledge the Blocknet will use its own blockchain (not XC's or another coin's) but this will only handle transactions denominated in BLOCK - which is to say, the paying of fees to asset-holders. All other transactions on the Blocknet will be handled by the blockchains of whatever currencies are involved. So when it comes to service-provision, a service will be rendered, and payment for it made, on the blockchains native to the nodes involved. But in addition, Blocknet microfees will be sent off, exchanged for BLOCK, and paid to asset-holders.

Tying all this together is of course the XBridge protocol and the decentralised exchange. As you can see above, the blockchains of participating currencies are not sidelined or made secondary to a master blockchain. I'm not sure that this is that case with SuperNET.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
sq

Activity: 294

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2014, 09:28:23 AM

Yeah, that is odd. If it's truly d2d, there should be no need for a subscription.
Would be great if Dan could comment on the technology he's focusing on

i agree

Pages: « 1 ... 1499 1500 1501 1502 1503 1504 1505 1506 1507 1508 1509 1510 1511 1512 1513 1514 1515 1516 1517 1518 1519 1520 1521 1522 1523 1524 1525 1526 1527 1528 1529 1530 1531 1532 1533 1534 1535 1536 1537 1538 1539 1540 1541 1542 1543 1544 1545 1546 1547 1548 [1549] 1550 1551 1552 1553 1554 1555 1556 1557 1558 1559 1560 1561 1562 1563 1564 1565 1566 1567 1568 1569 1570 1571 1572 1573 1574 1575 1576 1577 1578 1579 1580 1581 1582 1583 1584 1585 1586 1587 1588 1589 1590 1591 1592 1593 1594 1595 1596 1597 1598 1599 ... 1628 »
  Print  

Jump to: