Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 12:10:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 [683] 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 ... 1628 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos  (Read 1483631 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
synechist
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2014, 10:16:44 AM

I think in this case the problem was not so much underdelivering but more "overannouncing".

Synechist you know how to fuel the hype for a release very well but you also have to learn to anticipate the reaction to what is going to be released and then adapt the communication accordingly.

ME personally i don't buy or sell on things like that but just look at the basic facts and those got MUCH BETTER over the last night yet again with REV2 , testnet or not.
But while what was released yesterday is satisfying for me due to the build up its dissapointing to some.

You have exceptional writing skills and know how to brand this project for mass adoption, but this isn't the music industry where you announce the next big thing every two weeks and it doesn't matter if its not quiet it.

to end it on a positiv note I think the XC team ,dev and PR, is the best in crypto right now. This guys will learn from this and improve from release to release like they did in the past.

3 months from now XC will trade on 20 $ each, quote me on that. If you are not dytrading but are out for the best investments mid term its almost insane to not be in XCurrency at least with parts of your portfolio.

Decentralized trustless Anonymity is the biggest fucking step in crypto since bitcoin itself !!! And ONLY XC has the platform.

Thank you hoertest. Points well taken.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Teka (OP)

Activity: 840

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 10:17:03 AM

Who should I trust... Dan Metcalf a rising young star in the Cryptoworld, on the precibus of launching the FIRST & ONLY coin to have 100% truly decentralized & trustless mixing.

Or a bunch of newbie accounts who have minor issues with the release?

Seriously?

The dev & teams actions speak for themselves..or rather not speak.

They have probably gone to bed whilst making a fortune from you suckers....

Yup sure not because I was up for 20 something hours... answering question, cssing reddit, reading emails etc. Same goes for the entire team, Arlyn was up for probably an entire day.
SushiChef

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 10:17:06 AM

I think in this case the problem was not so much underdelivering but more "overannouncing".

Synechist you know how to fuel the hype for a release very well but you also have to learn to anticipate the reaction to what is going to be released and then adapt the communication accordingly.

ME personally i don't buy or sell on things like that but just look at the basic facts and those got MUCH BETTER over the last night yet again with REV2 , testnet or not.
But while what was released yesterday is satisfying for me due to the build up its dissapointing to some.

You have exceptional writing skills and know how to brand this project for mass adoption, but this isn't the music industry where you announce the next big thing every two weeks and it doesn't matter if its not quiet it.

to end it on a positiv note I think the XC team ,dev and PR, is the best in crypto right now. This guys will learn from this and improve from release to release like they did in the past.

3 months from now XC will trade on 20 $ each, quote me on that. If you are not dytrading but are out for the best investments mid term its almost insane to not be in XCurrency at least with parts of your portfolio.

Decentralized trustless Anonymity is the biggest fucking step in crypto since bitcoin itself !!! And ONLY XC has the platform.

So true!
studio1one

Activity: 1218
Merit: 500

BintexFutures

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 10:17:12 AM

Morning all

After staying awake for 23 hours I've now got a few hours' sleep and would like to do my best to field questions about Rev 2.

First off, I am sincerely sorry for having let you all down. I appreciate how a late, testnet-only release has injured your faith in XC, in the team, and in ATCsecure. We're very sorry for both what happened and for how we handled it. Down to the last 30 minutes we all believed, as most of you did, that the release would come out in time. If we had not thought this, then we would have informed you as early as possible about a delay and taken the hit. But we did believe it would be released. Unfortunately there was a single issue with the mainnet compile, that Dan identified and understood, yet that would take too long to resolve.

The broader reason for not having released on time are circumstances over the weekend that have nothing to do with development, severe in nature, and private to the affected person, which unavoidably took up the majority of this person's time. It's frustrating, but in a small team these sorts of events have a large effect. Nonetheless we were confident that the release would be out in time, but some minor details (and our complete unwillingness to risk your funds) prevented it.

But what we have achieved is nonetheless a world first. Until today, there has never been a decentralised trustless mixer. And now there is, in the app you downloaded today.

I've been saying for a while that XC is not semi-centralised, therefore no "security bottleneck" in the form of supernodes.

Well, with Rev 2 every singe wallet is automatically an Xnode. It's completely decentralised.

This should address people's questions about how to set up an Xnode in Rev 2. It's set up already. Just start testing it, and track what it does in the blockchain.

Updates will be very frequent and the app will go onto the mainnet in due course.

We're also unveiling the promised announcements today and tomorrow, and they're no less positive.

Enjoy what's good about the situation: a world-first that in fact surpasses the Xnode/normal node distinction, which is better than what we stated we'd release. This, plus the fact that XC's fundamentals are the same, plus the news we have to share with you later today, paints a very optimistic picture.

Ask me as many question as you like. I can't promise to be able to answer all of them, since I'm not the dev, but I'll try.

Humbly,

Arlyn

No worries mate, we all fuck up just need to learn lessons from it. I have been in games development for 20 year. I know what it is like around milestones.

The main issue I think was the lack of documentation that came with it. Some kind of release notes and change log would have gone a really long way o mitigating the worry that this caused.

Onwards and upwards. I'm not unhappy. I sold all my XC, rebought them all and have 5BTC in my pocket Grin

BINTEX

Powered by,
knowbrainar

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 10:18:27 AM

Morning all

After staying awake for 23 hours I've now got a few hours' sleep and would like to do my best to field questions about Rev 2.

First off, I am sincerely sorry for having let you all down. I appreciate how a late, testnet-only release has injured your faith in XC, in the team, and in ATCsecure. We're very sorry for both what happened and for how we handled it. Down to the last 30 minutes we all believed, as most of you did, that the release would come out in time. If we had not thought this, then we would have informed you as early as possible about a delay and taken the hit. But we did believe it would be released. Unfortunately there was a single issue with the mainnet compile, that Dan identified and understood, yet that would take too long to resolve.

The broader reason for not having released on time are circumstances over the weekend that have nothing to do with development, severe in nature, and private to the affected person, which unavoidably took up the majority of this person's time. It's frustrating, but in a small team these sorts of events have a large effect. Nonetheless we were confident that the release would be out in time, but some minor details (and our complete unwillingness to risk your funds) prevented it.

But what we have achieved is nonetheless a world first. Until today, there has never been a decentralised trustless mixer. And now there is, in the app you downloaded today.

I've been saying for a while that XC is not semi-centralised, therefore no "security bottleneck" in the form of supernodes.

Well, with Rev 2 every singe wallet is automatically an Xnode. It's completely decentralised.

This should address people's questions about how to set up an Xnode in Rev 2. It's set up already. Just start testing it, and track what it does in the blockchain.

Updates will be very frequent and the app will go onto the mainnet in due course.

We're also unveiling the promised announcements today and tomorrow, and they're no less positive.

Enjoy what's good about the situation: a world-first that in fact surpasses the Xnode/normal node distinction, which is better than what we stated we'd release. This, plus the fact that XC's fundamentals are the same, plus the news we have to share with you later today, paints a very optimistic picture.

Ask me as many question as you like. I can't promise to be able to answer all of them, since I'm not the dev, but I'll try.

Humbly,

Arlyn

Thank you for the clarification and the hard work! I think everyones faith was tested but not destroyed.... those damn mintpal numbers can give anyone a panic attack.

Congratulations on the world first! This newbie is still invested till the end.
lawgicc

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2014, 10:18:48 AM

a little bit of whale manipulation & retardism going down on mintpal

mrBitcoinZ.com
@mrB1tc01n
thensa

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 10:19:46 AM

Morning all

Humbly,

Arlyn

From what I gather you are a self-proclaimed PR "manager" that has no clue and idea what is going on and just push the hype train as far as you can. How can there be a compile issue that prevents releasing a wallet. If you are working on a software project, in a unnmanaged language like C++ which the wallet is made in you write code, compile, test and repeat which means there must have been intermediate versions all along or THERE HAS NEVER BEEN ANY WORKING MAINNET IMPLEMENTATION EVER, AT ALL which is the most plausible situation given that ridiciolous and stupid explaination you've made.

I won't even go and touch the issue of "announcements of annoucements" which is nothing but pure market manipulation and not done in any good faith.
synechist
Legendary

To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2014, 10:20:23 AM

[snip]

No worries mate, we all fuck up just need to learn lessons from it. I have been in games development for 20 year. I know what it is like around milestones.

The main issue I think was the lack of documentation that came with it. Some kind of release notes and change log would have gone a really long way o mitigating the worry that this caused.

Onwards and upwards. I'm not unhappy. I sold all my XC, rebought them all and have 5BTC in my pocket Grin

Thank you. Documentation will be out ASAP. Normally the software is ready long before a deadline and I have time to write out some helpful stuff. As you might imagine, this wasn't the case.

So for now, I'll tell you all I can here. Ask me.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
Limpuls

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 10:20:59 AM

I'm so regret that I didn't sell xc then the price was .0028, now it's so cheap that I could buy almost 2x more. Also could buy now, but problem is that I don't have any btc Cheesy
adhitthana
Legendary

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 10:22:04 AM

Who should I trust... Dan Metcalf a rising young star in the Cryptoworld, on the precibus of launching the FIRST & ONLY coin to have 100% truly decentralized & trustless mixing.
Or a bunch of newbie accounts who have minor issues with the release?
Seriously?
The dev & teams actions speak for themselves..or rather not speak.
They have probably gone to bed whilst making a fortune from you suckers....
Yup sure not because I was up for 20 something hours... answering question, cssing reddit, reading emails etc. Same goes for the entire team, Arlyn was up for probably an entire day.
Don't worry about him Teka. I mean, six posts. Who seriously has six posts, then comes and says stuff like that? Roll Eyes
studio1one

Activity: 1218
Merit: 500

BintexFutures

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 10:24:15 AM

[snip]

Thank you. Documentation will be out ASAP. Normally the software is ready long before a deadline and I have time to write out some helpful stuff. As you might imagine, this wasn't the case.

So for now, I'll tell you all I can here. Ask me.

I can picture exactly how it was. You delay the launch, confidence falls, you release it in a state your not happy with, confidence falls. Lose, lose.

I'm sure it will recover when full documentation of what has been implemented and how it works is released. My advice, which you are free to take or totally ignore is, just make sure it is really clear and really well presented with good technical info. A small wait will do less damage to price than a half assed document

BINTEX