Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 06:28:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 [716] 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 ... 1628 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos  (Read 1483639 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Synarchist

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 11:28:32 AM

I cant wait for the mobile wallets to come out, everything else is dandy. Been waiting for a proper anon i can use among my friends and colleagues that implements blockchain v2 technology. Thats money.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
florida.haunted

Activity: 241
Merit: 125

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 11:30:04 AM

I'm not the dev, I'm the community manager. The xc source code is not being open sourced for a long time as in years, we don't want clones of xc and people have asked for it not to be open sourced.

Sorry I thought you are Dan, the main dev.

We have just seen design of

http://www.xc-official.com/

and we are afraid XC source is the same by design.

Also we afraid, whether in critical situation, Dan can easily embed backdoor into XC under a FBI pressure. He is a good man, but he is just a good man with family and children...

So for years, as you mentioned, nobody guarantees our own anonymity.
Teka (OP)

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 11:31:53 AM

I'm not the dev, I'm the community manager. The xc source code is not being open sourced for a long time as in years, we don't want clones of xc and people have asked for it not to be open sourced.

Also we afraid, whether in critical situation, Dan can easily embed backdoor into XC under a FBI pressure. He is a good man, but he is just a good man with family and children...

Dan didn't make the website. Also, sorry decision has been made and it's not changing.
cyberhacker
Legendary

Activity: 1330

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 11:32:16 AM

All cryptocurrencies have a broadcasting system that allows nodes to communicate transactions to each other. These transactions hang around until a miner solves a block, and then the transactions get written to the blockchain.

For XC's messaging, we use the broadcasting system (a secure encrypted one), but there's no need to also write messages to the blockchain. That'll just make them public and bloat the blockchain.

got it! amazed.

best decision i have ever made! secure-no bloat-fantastic solution.  
CrazyLeoW

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

XC

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 11:33:10 AM

XC website is a hack job - with cities around the world as a background..Venice = WTFBBQ and a shitty menu on the left that jumps around all over the place.

This was rushed and done by an amateur. The future list looks like a pump and dump hype list. Be realistic.

Agree with you. I hope, XC source code does not resemble it.

Teka, when do you open the XC sources? Just for us to be calm.

florida.haunted:
Your FUD is really low level.
You are too young too simple.
Maybe hot wind of Florida hurt your brain, bro.

xchat: XNvUSCdvZgZcXsYd3Gs91w8tKQmeMKHS9G
Pubkey: 2Ax9bYXwifbqyxsmC9pbhfGyPoLJNf3wdtQ7dFdzKK1ZX
cyberhacker
Legendary

Activity: 1330

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 11:33:35 AM

I cant wait for the mobile wallets to come out, everything else is dandy. Been waiting for a proper anon i can use among my friends and colleagues that implements blockchain v2 technology. Thats money.

wow. i mistake you and Synechist for several times.

holly
rockstahh

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 11:35:32 AM

Your website is a fail...please replace it with something pro...you manage a 6M$ coin and make this noobish website? please...

A lot of people disagree

Please...are you serious? I'm a designer and that site is so noobish, only investors can say that it's ok

Replace it, and make it pro. Just an advice.

i agree http://xc-official.com is a shitty site. it's all jumping jacks and broken links(download). I also have seen people(teka?) hypes http://forum.xctalk.com like crazy but the logo not even work! i would fire whoever managed http://forum.xctalk.com - xctalk.com right away. what a lazy moron. please redirect xctalk.com to forum.xctalk.com
if you having health problem then quite. my apology if i'm rude but this is how a company/business operate.

Forum.xctalk is being worked on, with a brand new theme. There logo is an issue that I tried fixing multiple times but it's not as easy as you think, there is some serious issue with a cloudflare

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=ip+board+change+logo&spell=1

Yup, that doesn't work including ftping into it. As I said it's not as easy as you think. Anyways the them is being changed

since we're being honest here, the off green color throughout the "branding" is hidious. (i know money is green).

the color should be in the blue family! Blue = trustworthiness dependability and strength! I'm Just another arsehowell expressing my opinion..lose the green!

https://s3.amazonaws.com/m.helpscout.net/blog/2013/jul/color-emotion.jpg

Read and learn: https://www.helpscout.net/blog/psychology-of-color/

1MKvsb5ULZrJqX9UjBpgESvfn5ftSg85qH
studio1one

Activity: 1218
Merit: 500

BintexFutures

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 11:35:39 AM

Still making an ANN today guys?

BINTEX

Powered by,
leigh2k14
Legendary

Activity: 1288

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 11:35:43 AM

XC website is a hack job - with cities around the world as a background..Venice = WTFBBQ and a shitty menu on the left that jumps around all over the place.

This was rushed and done by an amateur. The future list looks like a pump and dump hype list. Be realistic.

Keep it closed as looooong as you possibly can!

If the source code is going to be kept closed for years then i'm afraid we might loose community support. After all crypto is supposed to be open source.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄▄                   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄      ▄▄▄
████████████▄       ███                ▄███████████▄            ▄██████████      ███     ███▀
███     ▀▀███▌      ███               ████▀     ▀████         ▄███▀▀     ▀▀      ███    ███▀
███       ███▌      ███              ███▀         ▀███       ▄███                ███   ███
███     ▄███▀       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███  ███
██████████▀         ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███ ███
███▀▀▀▀▀████▄       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███  ███     ███           ███
███      ▀███▌      ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███   ███     ███         ███
███       ███▌      ███              ███▄         ▄███        ███                ███    ███     ███       ███
███     ▄▄███▌      ███               ████▄     ▄████         ▀███▄▄     ▄▄      ███     ███▄    ███▄   ▄███
████████████▀       ███████████        ▀███████████▀            ▀██████████      ███      ███▄    ███▄ ▄███
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀          ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                  ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀       ▀▀▀     ███▄███
                                                                                                    ▀███▀
                                                                                                     ▀█▀

Token Sale Starts on [ 12 October ]
[ PRESALE IS OPEN ] ●●●

synechist
Legendary

Activity: 1190

To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2014, 11:36:19 AM

Still making an ANN today guys?

Yup ;-)

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
SushiChef

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 11:36:41 AM

You re-send that message you where talking about? Also send you a pm Cheesy
CrazyLeoW

XC

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 11:39:11 AM

florida.haunted, your brain has been crashed by your ass?
You could say backdoor could be embedded into every computer. So what should you do? fuck your computer? Just remind you, turn off your computer before fucking it and add some lubricating oil at CPU socket. Have your good time.

synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2014, 11:39:27 AM

[abusive remarks removed]

If the source code is going to be kept closed for years then i'm afraid we might loose community support. After all crypto is supposed to be open source.

I agree. Our official statement on this indicates that we'll release code on a delayed timeline, not all at once in the distant future.

Dan in particular prizes collaboration and sharing resources, and the way he engages other developers behind the scenes to implement aspects of the code is testament to this.

We will issue a fuller statement very roughly around the time of Rev 3 as to when/how we'll release the source code . For now though, here's our statement:

XC is committed to the open source model. Open source code is vital for the health and advancement of cryptographic technologies, and it is a privilege to share our technical breakthroughs with a community such as this. We believe that XC's code embodies several world-firsts enabling anonymity that is scalable, mobile-friendly, POS-integrated, and is ultimately a platform upon which a broad range of Blockchain 2.0 technologies will be built. However we have been under severe attack from competing projects. Furthermore people’s faith in altcoins is significantly hindered by clones. Therefore we believe that the ethical way to engage with the community is to make code available on a delayed timeline. This way, the community will still benefit from our work, while we'd reduce the incentive for developers to flood the marketplace with clones that lack a long term future and reduce the trustworthiness of the altcoin phenomenon. XC represents several market-leading innovations, and we are honoured to make these available to the community in the near future.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
CrazyLeoW

XC

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 11:39:46 AM

ok, sent.

florida.haunted

Activity: 241
Merit: 125

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 11:41:51 AM

Dan didn't make the website. Also, sorry decision has been made and it's not changing.

Thank you to be honest person here. Respect you.

One last question to all:

Assume I look at this site:

http://chainz.cryptoid.info/xc/#!rich

and found 10 most rich people.

After Rev.2 or Rev.3 have been released at mainnet, I look at that (or similar) site again.

Can I still track top 10 rich people or not?
SushiChef

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 11:43:45 AM

ok, sent.

I already did couple hours ago. Waiting for yours
leigh2k14
Legendary

Activity: 1288

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 11:44:19 AM

I agree. Our official statement on this indicates that we'll release code on a delayed timeline, not all at once in the distant future.

Dan in particular prizes collaboration and sharing resources, and the way he engages other developers behind the scenes to implement aspects of the code is testament to this.

We will issue a fuller statement on when/how we'll release the source code very roughly around the time of Rev 3. For now though, here's our statement:

XC is committed to the open source model. Open source code is vital for the health and advancement of cryptographic technologies, and it is a privilege to share our technical breakthroughs with a community such as this. We believe that XC's code embodies several world-firsts enabling anonymity that is scalable, mobile-friendly, POS-integrated, and is ultimately a platform upon which a broad range of Blockchain 2.0 technologies will be built. However we have been under severe attack from competing projects. Furthermore people’s faith in altcoins is significantly hindered by clones. Therefore we believe that the ethical way to engage with the community is to make code available on a delayed timeline. This way, the community will still benefit from our work, while we'd reduce the incentive for developers to flood the marketplace with clones that lack a long term future and reduce the trustworthiness of the altcoin phenomenon. XC represents several market-leading innovations, and we are honoured to make these available to the community in the near future.

Agreed, it should be released in few months and a piece at at time, I think this way we keep the integrity of XC and we don't loose the community.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄▄                   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄      ▄▄▄
████████████▄       ███                ▄███████████▄            ▄██████████      ███     ███▀
███     ▀▀███▌      ███               ████▀     ▀████         ▄███▀▀     ▀▀      ███    ███▀
███       ███▌      ███              ███▀         ▀███       ▄███                ███   ███
███     ▄███▀       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███  ███
██████████▀         ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███ ███
███▀▀▀▀▀████▄       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███  ███     ███           ███
███      ▀███▌      ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███   ███     ███         ███
███       ███▌      ███              ███▄         ▄███        ███                ███    ███     ███       ███
███     ▄▄███▌      ███               ████▄     ▄████         ▀███▄▄     ▄▄      ███     ███▄    ███▄   ▄███
████████████▀       ███████████        ▀███████████▀            ▀██████████      ███      ███▄    ███▄ ▄███
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀          ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                  ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀       ▀▀▀     ███▄███
                                                                                                    ▀███▀
                                                                                                     ▀█▀

Token Sale Starts on [ 12 October ]
[ PRESALE IS OPEN ] ●●●

Bitcycle

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 11:44:58 AM

All cryptocurrencies have a broadcasting system that allows nodes to communicate transactions to each other. These transactions hang around until a miner solves a block, and then the transactions get written to the blockchain.

For XC's messaging, we use the broadcasting system (a secure encrypted one), but there's no need to also write messages to the blockchain. That'll just make them public and bloat the blockchain.

Wait, so every chat message will be broadcast to every node?

Two things - 1) Is that at all scalable?  2) It might as well be in the blockchain since someone somewhere will just save them all off (encrypted or not).

synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2014, 11:45:27 AM

We will issue a fuller statement very roughly around the time of Rev 3 as to when/how we'll release the source code. For now though, here's our statement:

Agreed, it should be released in few months and a piece at at time, I think this way we keep the integrity of XC and we don't loose the community.

Indeed. Community is vital, as is sharing valuable knowledge. We don't own the world. We can only be of benefit to it and to others.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2014, 11:46:27 AM

Hey folks, feel free to upvote this on Reddit!

http://uk.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/2a64ue/xcurrency_changing_the_way_the_world_views/cisg0o3

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
Pages: « 1 ... 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 [716] 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 ... 1628 »
  Print  

Jump to: