Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 12:14:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 [718] 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 ... 1628 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos  (Read 1483638 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
cyberhacker
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 12:11:31 PM

is there something left to FUD?

maybe DAN looks too old? not handsome enough?  but sun glasses may look attractive to female investors?

can some body make up more reliable FUD schemes?

lol

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SushiChef

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 12:13:18 PM

not handsome enough?  

Agreed, he should do some plastic surgery. We don't want our lead developer looking like he does! That is not good for the platform and will hurt it in the long run.. PLEASE ATC do something about it. SCREAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM
the_game1224

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 12:13:52 PM

maybe DAN looks too old? not handsome enough?  but sun glasses may look attractive to female investors?

lol

Hmm I'm sure they will come up with something completely off the wall, I am always impressed at the ridiculousness of the FUD.
bitcad4u

Activity: 602
Merit: 255

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 12:14:44 PM

not handsome enough?  

Agreed, he should do some plastic surgery. We don't want our lead developer looking like he does! That is not good for the platform and will hurt it in the long run.. PLEASE ATC do something about it. SCREAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM

Dan needs penis enlargement before I can take XC seriously.
Teka (OP)

Activity: 840

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 12:14:53 PM

lol

You laugh but one guy on reddit said try to fud about the fact that Dan in his resume uses: 'extensive' to much. Wink
the_game1224

Activity: 252

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 12:15:07 PM

not handsome enough?  

Agreed, he should do some plastic make-over. We don't want our lead developer looking like he does! That is not good for the platform and will hurt it in the long run.. PLEASE ATC do something about it. SCREAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM

Hmmm I don't know we dont want him being too handsome or they will question his skills as no great coder could possibly look that good.  Perhaps we could have a plastic surgeon do a few renderings and we could vote on it?
cyberhacker
Legendary

Activity: 1330

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 12:16:59 PM

lol

Hmm I'm sure they will come up with something completely off the wall, I am always impressed at the ridiculousness of the FUD.

since Mr. Chaeplin shows no further intention to enlighten newbies like me, i am surprised by the low level of FUD.

sorry to keep talking about these children behavior. but i am sure they are not children, but more professional than me.

SushiChef

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 12:17:04 PM

and we could vote on it?

Voting threw the blockchain.. such 2.0
Teka (OP)

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 12:19:16 PM

Sorry florida.haunted, do your research then at least trying fudding around that..
cryptico

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 12:27:56 PM

I wonder why everyone missing a crucial point from yesterday's test.

<cryptico>    19:29:17  distmix 3e57f85d993f561811416b7ff9c37705c16bf4cbc422c010b72f225185e27c1a 1 10.00000000 XE4xFKV9e7cMSukTqaxHk19XKp4P6b7UWv 1

<cryptico>   not really nice..
<atcsecure>   I did 2 tests
<atcsecure>   looks like 1 failed
<cryptico>   lol
<XCtestermang>   lol

Cryptico sent 10 coins to address XE4xFKV9e7cMSukTqaxHk19XKp4P6b7UWv which have never arrived http://cryptexplorer.com/address/XE4xFKV9e7cMSukTqaxHk19XKp4P6b7UWv they got lost in limbo

And before you accuse me of FUD or other things, go and check the irc logs for yourselves...

You, sir, would need to earn some respect back before there's warrant to trust your intentions.

It's well known already that tests are in order to get things working. The testers tried some things, changed parameters, and then got it working. End.

This is COMPLETE FUD - the LOLs between cryptico and myself XC tester were from a joke I posted just the line prior - go read the irc logs for yourself if u dont believe... and cryptico never lost 10 coins as far as i know.. so i dont know who wrote that bullshit.

Eaxactly I can confirm everything and already clarified and gave my answer to the troll. Actually I just noticed the Troll does not even recognize the send trough mixer command as it is one coin sent out of 10..

So glad It was you Yesterday on IRC did not think it was you Smiley we had good time with nice jokes NERD Smiley

.WildBeastBlock.       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
  with New Wallet & Smart Message Insertion
  with Smart Doc Insertion
  Free WBB Chat App | Fully Secure and Private
infinitechaos

Activity: 462

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 12:33:39 PM

NOOOO!

I just made the most brain-dead mistake. I went to go fill out the 'buy' form to buy more XC, but in my haste I accidentally filled out the 'sell' form and sold half my XC!

Buy order waiting to get filled so I can have my XC back..  Sad

▄▄█████████████▄▄       
     ▄███▀▀▀         ▀▀▀███▄     
   ▄███▀       ▄▄▄       ▀███▄   
  ███▀       ▄██▀██▄       ▀███ 
 ▐██▌        ██   ██        ▐██▌
 ███         ██▐█▌██         ███
▐██▌          ▀▐█▌▀          ▐██▌
▐██▌          ▄▐█▌▄          ▐██▌
 ███         ██▐█▌██         ███
 ▐██▌        ██   ██        ▐██▌
  ███▄       ▀██▄██▀       ▄███ 
   ▀███▄       ▀▀▀       ▄███▀   
     ▀███▄▄           ▄▄███▀     
        ▀▀█████████████▀▀       
B I T N A T I O N
G O V E R N A N C E  2.0

Android app available now
▀█▄▄           
 ██▄▀███▄▄       
 ████▄▀████▀▄▄   
 ██████▄▀█▀█████
 █████▀▄███▄▀▀   
 ███▀▄██▀▀       
 █▀▄█▀▀         
INSTALL PANGEA
       IOS coming soon
KimmyF

Activity: 978

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 12:34:42 PM

Yes, you can still track the top 10 addresses (not people) in that list.
Normal transactions from those addresses can still be followed in the blockchain (like a exchange withdraw) but you can't follow the anon transactions comming in or out.
But you will always be able to see there balance. But it is still al to easy for them to split that balance over several addresses.

Perfect answer! Respect you too. Also honest person.

Now you can see, even after closed source's Rev.2 or Rev.3 will be released, balances are still being world-wide accessible. Of course, you may split them amoung addresses, but BTC is very sufficient for that too.

Why closed source XC for years instead of open source BTC for past 5 years hard tested worldwide at main net?

May be I mistake, and decentralized mixer is not MAIN feature of XC today?

I see you are completly missing the point.
http://www.michaelnielsen.org/ddi/how-the-bitcoin-protocol-actually-works/
btw: whats stopping me from sending my own balance anon to a new address i own?
SushiChef

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 12:49:17 PM

NOOOO!

I just made the most brain-dead mistake. I went to go fill out the 'buy' form to buy more XC, but in my haste I accidentally filled out the 'sell' form and sold half my XC!

If you don't make mistakes you can't learn!
Teka (OP)

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 12:56:40 PM

NOOOO!

If you don't make mistakes you can't learn!

I nearly sold xc at 3k when it was 30k but mintpal has a feature where it sells at the highest buy bid.
synechist
Legendary

Activity: 1190

To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2014, 01:00:01 PM

Morning folks

Today, as promised, we will be revealing the latest news on the XC team.

However we do not have just one new member, but four to introduce to you!

At 10am, 12pm, and 2pm EST we will reveal who the new people helping to take XC to the mainstream are.

There may be opportunity for you to meet them in XC's Bitcointalk forum too (it's up to them).

Till later,

Arlyn

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
cryptico

Activity: 700

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 01:04:53 PM
Last edit: July 09, 2014, 01:15:48 PM by cryptico

From the website: xc-official.com

ANONIMITY

XC’s privacy technology is currently industry-leading, both in the degree of privacy that is possible, and in the flexibility of its privacy solution.  XC offers multiple and optional layers of privacy that are suitable for a variety of purposes.  Here’s a brief overview of how it works.

Multipath Architecture

Before a transaction or a message moves through the XC network, it’s first broken down into small fragments, which are then sent along multiple, randomly selected paths through the network.  This allows for several privacy benefits.  Firstly, the amount paid or received is kept confidential, because any one fragment is not associated with any other fragment.  Secondly, once a payment is made, there is no public record whatsoever to associate the receiving address with the sending address.  As a result, onlookers can neither know the amount received or sent for any given transaction, nor can they know which addresses sent or received the original transaction.  Additionally, the security and robustness of the network is bolstered, because if any one node fails to forward a fragment of your transaction, there are multiple others to take its place.

Multipath routing is optional.  It maximizes the privacy of a transaction.

End-To-End Encryption

By default, transactions (and broadcasts on the XC network) are encrypted from end to end.  This means that if any party intercepts a message, it is impossible (i.e. computationally infeasible) for them to decode it.

The XC App automatically uses end-to-end encryption whenever you make a payment.

TOR Network

To steal a private key, a malicious actor would have to gain access to your computer.  To do this, (s)he would first have to know which computer a transaction comes from.  For this reason, the XC App connects to the XC network via TOR (“the onion router”), which obfuscates your IP address, making it extremely difficult to decipher where any given transaction comes from.

Using TOR to connect to the XC network is optional.

App Encryption

If a malicious actor intercepts a transaction, before it can be read the private key for that message would have to be stolen (in order to decode the message).  Private keys are themselves encrypted and stored securely in the XC App.  This makes it impossible (i.e. computationally infeasible) to find out what the private keys are.

When you download the XC App, you can encrypt it and set a password to unlock (decrypt) it whenever you use it.  However, don’t store your password on your computer.  In fact, don’t share it with anyone.  (If you forget your password, you will be able to get your private keys back from a backup that you will make.

Multilayered Privacy

In summary, it is a monumental effort to breach XC’s privacy or security:

Your IP address would need to be revealed, which TOR makes effectively impossible.
    Your transactions or messages would need to be identified with your app, which multipath makes impossible.
    The balance in your app will need to be known for there to be any incentive to invest the massive resources required to hack a wallet, which end-to-end encryption and multipath routing make impossible.
    Lastly, your app would need to be hacked, which is computationally infeasible unless your password is known.

Without surmounting these challenges, a malicious actor will not have a chance to compromise your privacy or steal your money.  The amount of processing power necessary to break the strong encryption in any one of these layers is generally more than that of the entire internet!  In other words, it is computationally infeasible – practically speaking, impossible – to compromise any one layer of XC’s privacy platform.  In this light, XC offers true privacy and true security, and this puts you back in control of your information, your money, and your identity.

FUTURE PLANS

XC Mobile

Currently in progress is the fully featured XC mobile wallet/app.  This app for smartphones will be made available for both iOS and Android operating systems.  Users will be able to earn interest on the go, made possible thanks to XC’s adaptive design.  XC is also working on the technology to allow the purchase of XCurrency directly through the mobile app – this will add ease-of-use for those with less tech knowledge, and will make reloading with XCurrency easier than ever.

Decentralized Cloud Storage

The incorporation of Blockchain 2.0 architecture into the XC framework allows for a broad range of future developments.  One area being looked into by the XC team is the use of the XC blockchain for decentralized cloud storage.  This storage could be utilized by individuals, businesses, or even political campaigns.  The ability to safely store and transfer important documents, without fear of disclosure to third parties, is something that a diverse group of people could benefit from.  XC is taking steps to make this feature a reality.

Payment Networks

As the XCurrency base is further developed, adding XCurrency to an existing payment network, such as the Visa network, will be a number one priority.  Imagine XC being as easy to use as a credit card, but without the need for the actual card, since XC will be fully functional on any mobile device.  This integration into any one of the larger payment networks will allow XC to be utilized at millions of point of sale locations across the globe.  It will also open the door for utilization with ATM’s, otherwise known as cash machines in some countries.  Combined with the ability to reload your mobile app with XCurrency at the click of a button, this will be the premier step toward bringing XC before the masses as a usable, functional, flexible, and robust currency alternative.

NFC Payments

A project that’s been in the works for years, near field communication (NFC) payment technology is starting to gain mass adoption and acceptance as a simpler, faster, and more secure way to make payments at point of sale locations.  With the development of XC’s mobile app, the timing for such an acceptance of NFC technology by the general population couldn’t have been better.  Some of the key benefits associated with utilization of NFC technology in conjunction with XC:

No need for your wallet – your phone can replace your credit cards
    Faster payments means getting out of the store sooner
    No worn-out credit/debit card to worry about
    No fumbling with PIN numbers
    Protection for your financial data with your phone’s built-in security measures
    Avoid spreading of germs due to NFC’s contactless nature

It’s clear that NFC payment technology has numerous benefits over traditional payments methods.  As such, XC is taking every step to lay a foundation suitable for future NFC integration.  This is just another example of the type of forward-thinking mentality that drives the XCurrency team to stay one step ahead of the curve.

Blockchain 2.0 Apps

XCurrency is built on Blockchain 2.0, a flexible digital platform which allows easy integration for current and future XC applications.  A few examples of upcoming applications would include the use of the XC App for encrypted messaging and chat, and the use of the XC blockchain for decentralized cloud storage.  These are just the start; the potential to build upon the XC platform is limitless.  With the Blockchain 2.0 architecture already in place, the blockchain for XCurrency is like a foundation awaiting the actual building to be erected.  Stay tuned to see what the XCurrency team has planned, and as always, if you have a great idea that you would like to see implemented, by all means contact us and we’ll take a more detailed look.

Web 3.0 Development

Web 3.0 represents the evolution of the World Wide Web.  Poised to make the internet fully and provably secure against identity theft, fraud, and spying,  Web 3.0 is a fundamental change in the architecture of the Internet. XCurrency’s platform approach incorporates Web 3.0 concepts, like decentralization and appropriately secure protocols for various types of information. As XC’s Blockchain 2.0 applications grow in number, XC will increasingly become a fundamental building block of Web 3.0.

Proof of Blockchain

Proof of Blockchain (PoBC) is such new technology, that very few understand it.  Invented by Jasinlee, one of XC’s developers, PoBC will essentially allow blockchains to talk to each other.  At this point, PoBC is a revolutionary concept that, if successfully implemented, will become an incredibly powerful facet of the XCurrency project, further increasing privacy and reducing blockchain size.  PoBC is not going to be implemented in the immediate future due to the enormous amount of work required to code and implement it, (and there are more immediate goals, as outlined in the XC roadmap), but keep an eye out for announcements regarding PoBC, and the positive impacts that PoBC may have on XC’s future.

Now look at the Price run to your Bank buy some BTC and Convert to XC, best Smart Money someone can put in an Investment right now.

.WildBeastBlock.       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
  with New Wallet & Smart Message Insertion
  with Smart Doc Insertion
  Free WBB Chat App | Fully Secure and Private
synechist
Legendary

Activity: 1190

To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2014, 01:05:45 PM

[abusive comment removed]
Agree with you. I hope, XC source code does not resemble it.

Teka, when do you open the XC sources? Just for us to be calm.

I'm not the dev, I'm the community manager. The xc source code is not being open sourced for a long time as in years, we don't want clones of xc and people have asked for it not to be open sourced.

Thank you for confirming that the source code will be kept closed for years. This has finally put the final nail in the coffin.

No one is going to trust let alone use this for any transaction if its closed. This is the most centralized coin on the market.

Firegod, that's particularly unethical. You omitted my post on this topic.

I repeat:

Our official statement on this indicates that we'll release code on a delayed timeline, not all at once in the distant future.

Dan in particular prizes collaboration and sharing resources, and the way he engages other developers behind the scenes to implement aspects of the code is testament to this.

We will issue a fuller statement very roughly around the time of Rev 3 as to when/how we'll release the source code. For now though, here's our statement:

XC is committed to the open source model. Open source code is vital for the health and advancement of cryptographic technologies, and it is a privilege to share our technical breakthroughs with a community such as this. We believe that XC's code embodies several world-firsts enabling anonymity that is scalable, mobile-friendly, POS-integrated, and is ultimately a platform upon which a broad range of Blockchain 2.0 technologies will be built. However we have been under severe attack from competing projects. Furthermore people’s faith in altcoins is significantly hindered by clones. Therefore we believe that the ethical way to engage with the community is to make code available on a delayed timeline. This way, the community will still benefit from our work, while we'd reduce the incentive for developers to flood the marketplace with clones that lack a long term future and reduce the trustworthiness of the altcoin phenomenon. XC represents several market-leading innovations, and we are honoured to make these available to the community in the near future.

Now slither off elsewhere.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
Bitcycle

Activity: 420

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 01:05:53 PM

Thank you for confirming that the source code will be kept closed for years. This has finally put the final nail in the coffin.

No one is going to trust let alone use this for any transaction if its closed. This is the most centralized coin on the market.

Thank you for confirming you no longer have anything useful to say about this coin.

Clicking ignore.
qawzsx

Activity: 280

NOT FUD! FACTS!

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 01:06:14 PM

XC website is a hack job - with cities around the world as a background..Venice = WTFBBQ and a shitty menu on the left that jumps around all over the place.

This was rushed and done by an amateur. The future list looks like a pump and dump hype list. Be realistic.

Agree with you. I hope, XC source code does not resemble it.

Teka, when do you open the XC sources? Just for us to be calm.

I'm not the dev, I'm the community manager. The xc source code is not being open sourced for a long time as in years, we don't want clones of xc and people have asked for it not to be open sourced.

If you think like that, you should never touch a software, any software on the net ever, as its pretty much very easy for any software to steal all your information from your pc...
battbot

Activity: 616

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 01:06:42 PM

Morning folks

Today, as promised, we will be revealing the latest news on the XC team.

However we do not have just one new member, but four to introduce to you!

At 10am, 12pm, and 2pm EST we will reveal who the new people helping to take XC to the mainstream are.

There may be opportunity for you to meet them in XC's Bitcointalk forum too (it's up to them).

Till later,

Arlyn

Looking forward to meeting the new additions to the team!
Pages: « 1 ... 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 [718] 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 ... 1628 »
  Print  

Jump to: