Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 08:45:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 [720] 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 ... 1628 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos  (Read 1483639 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
synechist
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2014, 01:35:42 PM

P.S. Anti-FUD fuel for those wishing to substantiate XC's tech advancements:

XCurrency is, at present, the only project with trustless decentralised mixing. This is a world-first, and a fundamental game-changer in cryptocurrency.

Consider it in perspective: Satoshi Nakomoto solved the Byzantine Generals' problem with Bitcoin, creating a trustless digital cash system. However Bitcoin is insufficiently private for several real-world use-cases, like keeping company accounts out of full public view, or allowing political donors (and the amounts donated) to remain private.

Until XC, there was no solution to the Byzantine Generals' problem that allows sufficient - and flexible - privacy for the real world. And now it's here.

In addition:

XC is the only functioning anoncoin that avoids bloat.

It is completely decentralised, avoiding what Gregory Maxwell refers to as a "security bottleneck" in other anoncoins' use of semi-centralised supernodes to forward transactions.

XC is designed from the ground up to be mobile friendly. Fully functional staking mobile wallets are on the way.

Check out the news on Yahoo Finance for a bit more info: http://finance.yahoo.com/news/xcurrency-unveils-industry-leading-cryptographic-124348907.html

Upvote here.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
pookielax31

Activity: 462
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 01:36:08 PM

Stating simple facts... Like i said ive been here since before the 1st great crash hold tons of the coin.. just think you guys have very skewed "proffessional" perspective... Im giving my kid something constructive to do on a summer day.. You should understand when people are competeting to better your brand that's when it receive the best ideas... maybe you will see something different you like.. As i said im doing this for my son to have something constructive to do.. who knows maybe it will give you a fresh look or see somethign you like you can add... jesus don't always take everything negatively... Great companies have tons of employees who compete with each other...I personally love going up against a colleague in the work environment... I strive to be that much greater not knowing what the competition might bring..
KimmyF

Activity: 978
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 01:38:37 PM

I see you are completly missing the point.
http://www.michaelnielsen.org/ddi/how-the-bitcoin-protocol-actually-works/
btw: whats stopping me from sending my own balance anon to a new address i own?

Already discussed. Nothing does stop you. Here XC behaves exactly as BTC, being 5 years open source heavy tested on the main net.

So why XC, not BTC?

I am honest to believe that anonymity is not prime feature of XC. But community is configured aggressive not just for criticism but for regard another main feature of XC.  Sad
With no facts coming from you i can only conclude we discussed nothing.
Hope you find your way in one of the many BTC threads here, for now, lets agree to disagree
xibeijan
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 01:40:50 PM

Is there a whitepaper for XC somewhere?

Notable projects 2019: Semux, Dero, Wagerr, BEAM
CrazyLeoW

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

XC

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 01:45:05 PM

Already discussed. Nothing does stop you. Here XC behaves exactly as BTC, being 5 years open source heavy tested on the main net.

So why XC, not BTC?

I am honest to believe that anonymity is not prime feature of XC. But community is configured aggressive not just for criticism but for regard another main feature of XC.  Sad

It's not about trying to hide something, but protecting IP.
Have a look at this ALTs market, scam coins flood again and agin. If open source at this stage, there'll be XC1, XC2, XC3 tomorrow morning when you wake up.
You mentioned OPEN HW? do you know even CPU has software in it? How do you think Intel and Qualcomm will open source for you? Are you kidding?
BTW, if you have interesting in below ISA code of CPU, we could have a talk LOL.

xchat: XNvUSCdvZgZcXsYd3Gs91w8tKQmeMKHS9G
Pubkey: 2Ax9bYXwifbqyxsmC9pbhfGyPoLJNf3wdtQ7dFdzKK1ZX
florida.haunted

Activity: 241
Merit: 125

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 01:46:15 PM

Hope you find your way in one of the many BTC threads here, for now, lets agree to disagree

Can we stop to discuss XC's anonymity feature therefore?

May we focus on what is *another* main feature or features of XC against just BTC, not other altcoins?
conradjohnson

Activity: 158

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 01:49:09 PM

So why XC, not BTC?

Fair question and one I'm sure the XC team will need to better define and compress into an elevator speech.  I'm also pretty sure the team is flattered you're already drawing the comparison to BTC.  

I'm not sure I fully understand the superiority of the tech so I'll let others fill in, but I do know:
no mining -> so that takes care of the pesky unnecessary power consumption
POS -> so that makes holders interest, which is nice and helps offset 'some' volatility
P2P -> So messaging and blockchain transfers don't need to go through any central node
Multi Layered for Privacy -> I can't do a good job describing this, but this is a big deal for consumers here in the US

cryptico

Activity: 700

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 01:49:51 PM

Can we stop to discuss XC's anonymity feature therefore?

May we focus on what is *another* main feature or features of XC against just BTC, not other altcoins?

Can You crack REV1.5 anonymity and come back to us please? not REV 2 Just Crack REV 1.5 and then come back, otherwise shut your stupid mouth.

There will be a bounty soon to Crack REV2 as well maybe you can find someone that will crack it so then you will prove your point and get some BTC as well.

.WildBeastBlock.       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
  with New Wallet & Smart Message Insertion
  with Smart Doc Insertion
  Free WBB Chat App | Fully Secure and Private
florida.haunted

Activity: 241
Merit: 125

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 01:52:18 PM

Have a look at this ALTs market, scam coins flood again and agin. If open source at this stage, there'll be XC1, XC2, XC3 tomorrow morning when you wake up.
You mentioned OPEN HW? do you know even CPU has software in it? How do you think Intel and Qualcomm will open source for you? Are you kidding?
BTW, if you have interesting in below ISA code of CPU, we could have a talk LOL.

Let us finish on it.

Agree, IP protecting is nice feature, but it behaves in context of anonimity we've decided not to touch on.
If I am somewhat paranoid, I can completely switch to TOR or VPN tunelling on my comp to use BTC instead of XC because BTC source is open.

But XC does have another intersting features against BTC, you do ignore again and again Sad

synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2014, 01:59:39 PM

Hi all

You may have heard mention here and there of the incipient XC Foundation. Today we introduce you to its first two members!

They'll be helping to take XC to the world in the form of XC ATMS and XC-based crowdfunding, and will be working behind the scenes to attract investors to XC.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
Teka (OP)

Activity: 840

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 02:00:15 PM

Hi everyone, Can we please keep the thread on track and refrain from absuive comments.
synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2014, 02:00:34 PM

Hi all

You may have heard mention here and there of the incipient XC Foundation. Today we introduce you to its first two members!

They'll be helping to take XC to the world in the form of XC ATMS and XC-based crowdfunding, and will be working behind the scenes to attract investors to XC.

They're here to introduce themselves to the community.

Samuel and Antoun, welcome!

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
SushiChef

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 02:01:25 PM

https://twitter.com/DtjeOver/status/486427919276072960

Grin
silverkinguk

Activity: 404
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2014, 02:01:52 PM

Hello everyone good to be here

Co-Founder Visionary of QIBUCK
uk.linkedin.com/in/silverkinguk
cryptico

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 02:02:12 PM

Let us finish on it.

Agree, IP protecting is nice feature, but it behaves in context of anonimity we've decided not to touch on.
If I am somewhat paranoid, I can completely switch to TOR or VPN tunelling on my comp to use BTC instead of XC because BTC source is open.

But XC does have another intersting features against BTC, you do ignore again and again Sad

Here you go:

From the website: xc-official.com

ANONIMITY

XC’s privacy technology is currently industry-leading, both in the degree of privacy that is possible, and in the flexibility of its privacy solution.  XC offers multiple and optional layers of privacy that are suitable for a variety of purposes.  Here’s a brief overview of how it works.

Multipath Architecture

Before a transaction or a message moves through the XC network, it’s first broken down into small fragments, which are then sent along multiple, randomly selected paths through the network.  This allows for several privacy benefits.  Firstly, the amount paid or received is kept confidential, because any one fragment is not associated with any other fragment.  Secondly, once a payment is made, there is no public record whatsoever to associate the receiving address with the sending address.  As a result, onlookers can neither know the amount received or sent for any given transaction, nor can they know which addresses sent or received the original transaction.  Additionally, the security and robustness of the network is bolstered, because if any one node fails to forward a fragment of your transaction, there are multiple others to take its place.

Multipath routing is optional.  It maximizes the privacy of a transaction.

End-To-End Encryption

By default, transactions (and broadcasts on the XC network) are encrypted from end to end.  This means that if any party intercepts a message, it is impossible (i.e. computationally infeasible) for them to decode it.

The XC App automatically uses end-to-end encryption whenever you make a payment.

TOR Network

To steal a private key, a malicious actor would have to gain access to your computer.  To do this, (s)he would first have to know which computer a transaction comes from.  For this reason, the XC App connects to the XC network via TOR (“the onion router”), which obfuscates your IP address, making it extremely difficult to decipher where any given transaction comes from.

Using TOR to connect to the XC network is optional.

App Encryption

If a malicious actor intercepts a transaction, before it can be read the private key for that message would have to be stolen (in order to decode the message).  Private keys are themselves encrypted and stored securely in the XC App.  This makes it impossible (i.e. computationally infeasible) to find out what the private keys are.

When you download the XC App, you can encrypt it and set a password to unlock (decrypt) it whenever you use it.  However, don’t store your password on your computer.  In fact, don’t share it with anyone.  (If you forget your password, you will be able to get your private keys back from a backup that you will make.

Multilayered Privacy

In summary, it is a monumental effort to breach XC’s privacy or security:

Your IP address would need to be revealed, which TOR makes effectively impossible.
    Your transactions or messages would need to be identified with your app, which multipath makes impossible.
    The balance in your app will need to be known for there to be any incentive to invest the massive resources required to hack a wallet, which end-to-end encryption and multipath routing make impossible.
    Lastly, your app would need to be hacked, which is computationally infeasible unless your password is known.

Without surmounting these challenges, a malicious actor will not have a chance to compromise your privacy or steal your money.  The amount of processing power necessary to break the strong encryption in any one of these layers is generally more than that of the entire internet!  In other words, it is computationally infeasible – practically speaking, impossible – to compromise any one layer of XC’s privacy platform.  In this light, XC offers true privacy and true security, and this puts you back in control of your information, your money, and your identity.

.WildBeastBlock.       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
  with Smart Doc Insertion
SushiChef

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 02:03:12 PM

Yeah, welcome! nice additions guys.. great work
Teka (OP)

Activity: 840

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 02:04:04 PM

Hi!
synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2014, 02:04:26 PM

Hey silverking.

Will you tell us a little about your role and your plans for XC?

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
policymaker

Activity: 210

Crypto Currency Supporter

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 02:04:51 PM

Hi all

They're here to introduce themselves to the community.

welcome new team members! ATM projects? GREAT.

there are 2 more members for a total of 4? is that correct synechist?

XCurrency Price Speculation Topic
Coin Control Basic guide                                                                XChat address/private/instant/absolute: XSKu1fpwvRcAekfK91qVHi51Tgz4ckoA91
XChat public key: zcfx74j4fFK9hW7rQniTvLyDyXd9SyRCrncP9vdukbVT
cryptico

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 02:05:13 PM

Yeah, welcome! nice additions guys.. great work

Welcome To XC community Guys and thank you for joining your Resumes are Impressive!

Excuse us for the Trolls in the Forum Teka Will sweep them out soon Smiley

.WildBeastBlock.       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
  with Smart Doc Insertion
Pages: « 1 ... 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 [720] 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 ... 1628 »
  Print  

Jump to: