Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 12:38:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 [774] 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 ... 1628 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos  (Read 1483639 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Mountaingoat

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2014, 05:31:33 PM

Hi all

If you make a payment in privacy mode, you won't get a confirmation notice and the transaction won't appear under the "Transactions" tab until after the transaction is sent (~30 minutes).

In future updates you will get confirmation. You'll also get progress tracking. For now, you won't.

If you make a payment in privacy mode, does that just mean that the addy where you got it from is hidden basically?

I know this might be a stupid question, but I have very small knowledge of this.
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
synechist
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2014, 05:34:15 PM

Hi all

If you make a payment in privacy mode, you won't get a confirmation notice and the transaction won't appear under the "Transactions" tab until after the transaction is sent (~30 minutes).

In future updates you will get confirmation. You'll also get progress tracking. For now, you won't.

If you make a payment in privacy mode, does that just mean that the addy where you got it from is hidden basically?

I know this might be a stupid question, but I have very small knowledge of this.

Yup. There should be no connection between sender and receiver in the blockchain.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
infinitechaos

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 05:36:58 PM

I'm sure this has been asked already, so my apologies for being behind, but...

Do we need to sign up again in order to use the revamped forum? I had signed up for the old one weeks ago and today my login details are not working...

Nope, can you just straight up not login?

Yeah, it doesn't even seem to have record of me having registered because when I go to 'forgot password' and I enter my username and e-mail the system says it can't find an account by that name.

Perhaps I should just re-register?

Yeah probably best...

So I just signed up and I got this immediately after registering:

Sorry, you don't have permission for that!

What do I do now?  Huh

▄▄█████████████▄▄       
     ▄███▀▀▀         ▀▀▀███▄     
   ▄███▀       ▄▄▄       ▀███▄   
  ███▀       ▄██▀██▄       ▀███ 
 ▐██▌        ██   ██        ▐██▌
 ███         ██▐█▌██         ███
▐██▌          ▀▐█▌▀          ▐██▌
▐██▌          ▄▐█▌▄          ▐██▌
  ███▄       ▀██▄██▀       ▄███ 
   ▀███▄       ▀▀▀       ▄███▀   
     ▀███▄▄           ▄▄███▀     
        ▀▀█████████████▀▀       
B I T N A T I O N
G O V E R N A N C E  2.0

Android app available now
▀█▄▄           
 ██▄▀███▄▄       
 ████▄▀████▀▄▄   
 ██████▄▀█▀█████
 █████▀▄███▄▀▀   
 ███▀▄██▀▀       
 █▀▄█▀▀         
INSTALL PANGEA
       IOS coming soon
cyberhacker
Legendary

Activity: 1330

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 05:43:28 PM

Hi all

Yup. There should be no connection between sender and receiver in the blockchain.

is this how multipath work?  huge?
swish

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 05:48:40 PM

Success: I can see your service on 37.xx.xx.x on port (32348)
Your ISP is not blocking port 32348

Wink Wink

XC - The Future of Anonymity
Cinni - Innovation
conradjohnson

Activity: 158
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 05:49:46 PM

It did not work I went to http://www.canyouseeme.org/ but it gave me an error

Error: I could not see your service on <IP Adress> on port (32348)

Reason: Connection timed out

router!

what's that? Explain as I never done something like that.. im checking for a software to download to open the ports of the router as well I have found Port forrward network utilities 2.0.1 is that safe to download? any suggestion? until now I just plugged the ethernet to the router I never installed it

Not easy to explain or assist in the config from the outside. If you have never done something like this before maybe it's better to wait for the version you do not need to change this config or risk setting your computer wide open.
ATC did say:
In order for the private mode to work with this release, you must have have UNPNP enabled on your router OR have the port mapped correctly inbound -- this will be resolved in a future release

Yea I think that is the best solution I will wait for next release and do my research in the mean time as suck big time to do not know those stuffs that I think are pretty basic..

Hey Cryptico... most routers have a mini web server on them to allow you to config them.  The ip address they listed is a common one and you can pop that into your browser and should get a login page at one or the other ip addresses.  Some routers have .10 at the end of them (192.168.1.10)... just all depends on your setup.  put (http://192.168.1.1/) into your browser... might have to try the last number or .0.x.  You'll know you're are at the right place if there is a login and display for the router brand.

Now the login... This is usually printed on the router itself and should have something like 'admin'  as the user and something crazy for the password.  Some routers just leave a default 'admin' 'admin' for user and pass.    If you can find your router type and don't have a printed password on it, google search for the default user/pass for that router.  If you've never changed it, it'll still be that.  

Once you get past the login, you should see somewhere (every router interface is different), enable UPnP radio box.  If you can't find it, post a screen grab and we should be able to post you in the correct direction.

Teka (OP)

Activity: 840

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 05:51:58 PM

I'm sure this has been asked already, so my apologies for being behind, but...

Do we need to sign up again in order to use the revamped forum? I had signed up for the old one weeks ago and today my login details are not working...

Nope, can you just straight up not login?

Yeah, it doesn't even seem to have record of me having registered because when I go to 'forgot password' and I enter my username and e-mail the system says it can't find an account by that name.

Perhaps I should just re-register?

Yeah probably best...

So I just signed up and I got this immediately after registering:

Sorry, you don't have permission for that!

What do I do now?  Huh

That's because I have to accept your memebership.. which I have done. Also it seem like you were auto banned by the filter but everything should be fine now.
bitcad4u

Activity: 602
Merit: 255

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 05:54:04 PM

Hi all

It means the transaction is Un Traceable

Real Life Example :

u put mail in ur mailbox to send to friend.  before putting in box u put a lock on it and send your friend the key.  only your friend has this key to unlock.  the mail man gets your mail and rips it up into 1000 pieces.  he gives 1000 pieces to 1000 other mail men.  each mail men routes the mail down different routes to your friends house.  Each mail man gets a tip from you for routing their portion of the mail (lets say 0.001 XC), the more pieces of mail the mail mens deliever the more tips they get Smiley /  when all the pieces of the mail hit your friends house your friend re-assembles the 1000 pieces of mail back into the letter.  and then he uses the key u gave him earlier to unlock and read the message.
-XC  (SUPREME PRIVACY)

synechist
Legendary

Activity: 1190

To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2014, 05:56:17 PM

Hi all

is this how multipath work?  huge?

Well... this is multipath:

- your transaction is broken into fragments
- the fragments are sent to multiple other nodes
- trustless mixing: some fancy multisig stuff happens so that the nodes don't need to be trusted (I'm still waiting for the devs to have some time off so they can explain this to me)
- other fragments are sent from different addresses to the recipient.

I'll post more details (or possibly corrections) when I know them.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
atcsecure

Activity: 756

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2014, 05:56:55 PM

Hi all

Real Life Example :

u put mail in ur mailbox to send to friend.  before putting in box u put a lock on it and send your friend the key.  only your friend has this key to unlock.  the mail man gets your mail and rips it up into 1000 pieces.  he gives 1000 pieces to 1000 other mail men.  each mail men routes the mail down different routes to your friends house.  Each mail man gets a tip from you for routing their portion of the mail (lets say 0.001 XC), the more pieces of mail the mail mens deliever the more tips they get Smiley /  when all the pieces of the mail hit your friends house your friend re-assembles the 1000 pieces of mail back into the letter.  and then he uses the key u gave him earlier to unlock and read the message.
-XC  (SUPREME PRIVACY)

and this isn't our last layer, we have 1 more layer of blockchain privacy coming out as well with REV3, and at that stage it will be 100% anonymous & bullet-proof when combined with all the layers we have built

Join the revolution - XC - Decentralized Trustless Multi-Node Private Transactions
bitcad4u

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 05:57:14 PM

It did not work I went to http://www.canyouseeme.org/ but it gave me an error

Error: I could not see your service on <IP Adress> on port (32348)

Reason: Connection timed out

router!

what's that? Explain as I never done something like that.. im checking for a software to download to open the ports of the router as well I have found Port forrward network utilities 2.0.1 is that safe to download? any suggestion? until now I just plugged the ethernet to the router I never installed it

Not easy to explain or assist in the config from the outside. If you have never done something like this before maybe it's better to wait for the version you do not need to change this config or risk setting your computer wide open.
ATC did say:
In order for the private mode to work with this release, you must have have UNPNP enabled on your router OR have the port mapped correctly inbound -- this will be resolved in a future release

Yea I think that is the best solution I will wait for next release and do my research in the mean time as suck big time to do not know those stuffs that I think are pretty basic..

Hey Cryptico... most routers have a mini web server on them to allow you to config them.  The ip address they listed is a common one and you can pop that into your browser and should get a login page at one or the other ip addresses.  Some routers have .10 at the end of them (192.168.1.10)... just all depends on your setup.  put (http://192.168.1.1/) into your browser... might have to try the last number or .0.x.  You'll know you're are at the right place if there is a login and display for the router brand.

Now the login... This is usually printed on the router itself and should have something like 'admin'  as the user and something crazy for the password.  Some routers just leave a default 'admin' 'admin' for user and pass.    If you can find your router type and don't have a printed password on it, google search for the default user/pass for that router.  If you've never changed it, it'll still be that.  

Once you get past the login, you should see somewhere (every router interface is different), enable UPnP radio box.  If you can't find it, post a screen grab and we should be able to post you in the correct direction.

For testing I would just put your test machine into the DMZ.  usually in every router u can put a check box to enable DMZ... it allows you to then input an ip address.  input the internal address of your test machine.  

for instance my test machine (a virtual machine) is running @ 192.168.1.55  so in my rrouter I enable DMZ and point it to 192.168.1.55  - this should work
infinitechaos

Activity: 462

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 06:00:14 PM

Hi all

Real Life Example :

-XC  (SUPREME PRIVACY)

and this isn't our last layer, we have 1 more layer of blockchain privacy coming out as well with REV3, and at that stage it will be 100% anonymous & bullet-proof when combined with all the layers we have built

BOOM!!!

▄▄█████████████▄▄       
     ▄███▀▀▀         ▀▀▀███▄     
   ▄███▀       ▄▄▄       ▀███▄   
  ███▀       ▄██▀██▄       ▀███ 
▐██▌          ▀▐█▌▀          ▐██▌
▐██▌          ▄▐█▌▄          ▐██▌
  ███▄       ▀██▄██▀       ▄███ 
   ▀███▄       ▀▀▀       ▄███▀   
     ▀███▄▄           ▄▄███▀     
        ▀▀█████████████▀▀       
B I T N A T I O N
G O V E R N A N C E  2.0

Android app available now
▀█▄▄           
 ██▄▀███▄▄       
 ████▄▀████▀▄▄   
 ██████▄▀█▀█████
 █████▀▄███▄▀▀   
 ███▀▄██▀▀       
 █▀▄█▀▀         
INSTALL PANGEA
       IOS coming soon
swish

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 06:02:35 PM

Success: I can see your service on 37.xx.xx.x on port (32348)

Your ISP is not blocking port 32348

Wink Wink

Will the rewards? 760 xc

XC - The Future of Anonymity
Cinni - Innovation
bitcad4u

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 06:10:31 PM

made a XC data flow chart for newbies

Driv3n

Activity: 364

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 06:11:42 PM

Hi all

Real Life Example :

-XC  (SUPREME PRIVACY)

and this isn't our last layer, we have 1 more layer of blockchain privacy coming out as well with REV3, and at that stage it will be 100% anonymous & bullet-proof when combined with all the layers we have built.

conradjohnson

Activity: 158

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 06:12:21 PM

made a XC data flow chart for newbies

raffern

Activity: 159

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 06:13:20 PM

Requires UNPNP or Port Forwarding of TCP:32348.

Can someone please explain to a noob like me how to do those things please?

Thank you Smiley

Settings>options>network>tick box mark UPnP and that is it correct?

It is already set up by default in the wallet

yes but your router must support it of your using NAT/Internal/Private IP

Ok and How do I see if the router support it? It is a CISCO EPC2425

http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Cisco/EPC2425/POP3.htm follow these instructions and you wont go wrong Smiley
HerkulesBee

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 06:17:16 PM

who  is the idiot selling after these news?  Grin

please post your BTC (because you dont like XC) address so we can organize crowdfunding for your psychiatrist  Grin
bitcad4u

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 06:19:15 PM

who  is the idiot selling after these news?  Grin

please post your BTC (because you dont like XC) address so we can organize crowdfunding for your psychiatrist  Grin

short term price is irrelevant... u are looking at a multi billion dollar de centraized company.  go long or u are stupid.
Artoodeetoo

Activity: 518

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 06:20:48 PM

Exactly, just whale games trying to scare out the weak hands..... Expect a sharp rebound soon..

DASH #DashDC #DashIntoDigitalCash
Pages: « 1 ... 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 [774] 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 ... 1628 »
  Print  

Jump to: