Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:02:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 [802] 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 ... 1628 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos  (Read 1483639 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
JakeThePanda

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 02:06:25 PM

I notice someone launched a double spend attack on NAV. I don't want to be alarmist , but just want to check if that is possible with all POS coins?
Might as well clear it up and move on.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=679791.msg7848188#msg7848188

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=679791.msg7848512#msg7848512

Please let me know if this is not appropriate and I'll delete it   Smiley

I join to the question.

As I predict by intuition (may be wrong), in PoS coin, 51% atack is still available, but one have to possess 51% of coins, not hash power.
So, if total PoS coin's volume has a tendency to be accumulated in few hands, 51% attack is even more dangerous, than for PoW coins,
because PoW requires real money to buy mining equipment. PoS coins do not, just exchange speculations.

Also I heard, 51% PoS holder may do 'stealth' fork, without entire blockchain corruption, and may 'stick' all other holders to his forked blockchain by hidden way.

Correct me, please, and explain, how things are going in XC.

This is a good question to bring up.  Are we protected against this style of attack?

What do you mean, protected?  I thought this was a Mintpal issue, not an issue with VRC?
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
PowderMonkey

Activity: 105
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 02:14:55 PM

the 24h volume is doing really great today!

It's been nine days since the Rev 2 beta was released.

rev2 beta was split into RC parts. The roadmap is still active.

even though the price blows for all us us holders, XC is still the best game in town by a long stretch! I just gotta Keep my mind off the price and the price off my mind!

i know ppl around here hate price speculation, but i look at this way, you have a crypto here that is superior to BTC in a lot of ways.
only 5 + million coins, fully POS so no new coins entering market so price is more stable then BTC DRK LTC etc.
 a lot faster too confirm transaction's making it more usable for wide spread adoption then other coins( plus we will have payment cards in the near future basically a debit card for XC)                                                                                                                                                  

it's got interest incentive via POS and Xnodes, encrypted & anonymous messaging (almost running) 100% anonymous transaction( running) both will become highly valued the more things are leaked and the government corruption on mass spying and intelligence gathering is exposed world wide.
also a hard working team, who get things done on time and over deliver, a Developer with excellent credentials, a transparent identity, and a vision that makes sense, all this adds up to a product that can dominate in the near future, if XC is marketed properly and i believe they will since we have a DEV who has helped run major company's in the past , therefor experience in managing major company's and that is what XC is set to become in the near future, but also no doubt he is contact with professional marketers who know how to sell XC, BTC's rise had a lot to do with the crises in Greece, lets be honest, the financial system world wide don't look good, a lot more country's banking institutions are going to be doing bank runs in the future, people are going to want to put there money into a solid asset before it's taken(gold and silver is hard to smuggle over borders a USB isn't), like citizens of Greece did.
if you had the decision of putting your money into BTC that isn't anonymous or XC that is, which would you choose knowing your bank owned government will take anything they can catch you with to please there masters, what would u choose? ( i know right now u need BTC to buy XC this will change in the future) the conclusion is the price of XC if marketed properly can be worth much more then BTC, it will ride on BTC to establish adoption quicker then it has, and price will not take years to take off because investors are on the look out for the BTC 2.0(and it's here) it has come around at the perfect time when government run surveillance is no longer conspiracy theory but conspiracy fact, and also when the financial system is extremely shaky and people getting nervous, XC has the perfect storm brewing to take it to prices never before seen in crypto, don't forget BTC has a tiny market cap compared to what it could, to be worth a million each even with all coins mined, it only needs to catch 1% of the world GDP and a lot of top investors and financial annalists are certain it will....what can XC be worth a product that is better, actually everything BTC wanted to be when it was first created and over 5x less product, 5x more rare..XC acceptance, recognition and major price spike will not take years and years like BTC, it has BTC's foundation to ride on, the future is big and bright for XC. congratulations to all who plan to hold long term it is by far the best decision you will ever make.

This was a good read. +1

oblox
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1018

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 02:19:40 PM

I notice someone launched a double spend attack on NAV. I don't want to be alarmist , but just want to check if that is possible with all POS coins?

I join to the question.

As I predict by intuition (may be wrong), in PoS coin, 51% atack is still available, but one have to possess 51% of coins, not hash power.
So, if total PoS coin's volume has a tendency to be accumulated in few hands, 51% attack is even more dangerous, than for PoW coins,
because PoW requires real money to buy mining equipment. PoS coins do not, just exchange speculations.

Also I heard, 51% PoS holder may do 'stealth' fork, without entire blockchain corruption, and may 'stick' all other holders to his forked blockchain by hidden way.

This is a good question to bring up.  Are we protected against this style of attack?

What do you mean, protected?  I thought this was a Mintpal issue, not an issue with VRC?

All POS coins are at risk of a staking attack for those that hold 30%+ of the network weight, IIRC. As it relates to VRC, Mintpal was the issue that allowed a hacker to inject withdrawal code into their servers in which they obtained a large percentage of the outstanding VRC that happened to have been sitting in a hotwallet on their servers.
conradjohnson

Activity: 158
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 02:21:08 PM

I join to the question.

All POS coins are at risk of a staking attack for those that hold 30%+ of the network weight, IIRC. As it relates to VRC, Mintpal was the issue that allowed a hacker to inject withdrawal code into their servers in which they obtained a large percentage of the outstanding VRC that happened to have been sitting in a hotwallet on their servers.

This isn't the VRC/Mintpal issue... this is a NEW thing!!   (never a dull moment in crypto world.). 

Navajo coin was the subject of an attack of a new (now known) POS exploit.  Bittrex was the exchange.  Cloak coin hard forked to protect against it (I thinks).
leigh2k14
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 02:30:21 PM

Come on Dan, release the finishing code for REV2. Smiley

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄▄                   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄      ▄▄▄
████████████▄       ███                ▄███████████▄            ▄██████████      ███     ███▀
███     ▀▀███▌      ███               ████▀     ▀████         ▄███▀▀     ▀▀      ███    ███▀
███       ███▌      ███              ███▀         ▀███       ▄███                ███   ███
███     ▄███▀       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███  ███
██████████▀         ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███ ███
███▀▀▀▀▀████▄       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███  ███     ███           ███
███      ▀███▌      ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███   ███     ███         ███
███       ███▌      ███              ███▄         ▄███        ███                ███    ███     ███       ███
███     ▄▄███▌      ███               ████▄     ▄████         ▀███▄▄     ▄▄      ███     ███▄    ███▄   ▄███
████████████▀       ███████████        ▀███████████▀            ▀██████████      ███      ███▄    ███▄ ▄███
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀          ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                  ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀       ▀▀▀     ███▄███
                                                                                                    ▀███▀
                                                                                                     ▀█▀

Token Sale Starts on [ 12 October ]
[ PRESALE IS OPEN ] ●●●

oblox
Legendary

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 02:34:03 PM

I join to the question.

This isn't the VRC/Mintpal issue... this is a NEW thing!!   (never a dull moment in crypto world.). 

Navajo coin was the subject of an attack of a new (now known) POS exploit.  Bittrex was the exchange.  Cloak coin hard forked to protect against it (I thinks).

We were talking about VRC...

As it relates to Navajo, I haven't finished reading the thread but so far, it's not a new attack... it's the same instance of someone having a large percentage of coins in their wallet because so many people opt to keep them on exchanges, staked their coins on a private network for the confirms and then sold the coins on Bittrex. Again, this is well known for large percentage holders of POS coins as they have much weight over the network.
infinitechaos

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 02:51:59 PM

You're still asking for REV2 to be "finished"?

Please, take a look at the roadmap:

http://xc-official.com/about/

Everything listed under REV2 has been delivered. Therefore, it IS finished.

What you are looking forward to is REV 2.5 which has no clear release date yet.

We know that Dan and team have been testing encrypted messaging on testnet. Thus it would seem that REV 2.5 is coming along nicely and is perhaps not long from being ready.

Just please stop asking for a finished REV2 because it's already here.

▄▄█████████████▄▄       
     ▄███▀▀▀         ▀▀▀███▄     
   ▄███▀       ▄▄▄       ▀███▄   
  ███▀       ▄██▀██▄       ▀███ 
 ▐██▌        ██   ██        ▐██▌
 ███         ██▐█▌██         ███
▐██▌          ▀▐█▌▀          ▐██▌
▐██▌          ▄▐█▌▄          ▐██▌
  ███▄       ▀██▄██▀       ▄███ 
   ▀███▄       ▀▀▀       ▄███▀   
     ▀███▄▄           ▄▄███▀     
        ▀▀█████████████▀▀       
B I T N A T I O N
G O V E R N A N C E  2.0

Android app available now
▀█▄▄           
 ██▄▀███▄▄       
 ████▄▀████▀▄▄   
 ██████▄▀█▀█████
 █████▀▄███▄▀▀   
 ███▀▄██▀▀       
 █▀▄█▀▀         
INSTALL PANGEA
       IOS coming soon
leigh2k14
Legendary

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 02:54:04 PM

We know that Dan and team have been testing encrypted messaging on testnet. Thus it would seem that REV 2.5 is coming along nicely and is perhaps not long from being ready.

Wrong wrong wrong wrong!!!!!

It is still not finished.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄▄                   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄      ▄▄▄
████████████▄       ███                ▄███████████▄            ▄██████████      ███     ███▀
███     ▀▀███▌      ███               ████▀     ▀████         ▄███▀▀     ▀▀      ███    ███▀
███       ███▌      ███              ███▀         ▀███       ▄███                ███   ███
███     ▄███▀       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███  ███
██████████▀         ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███ ███
███▀▀▀▀▀████▄       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███  ███     ███           ███
███      ▀███▌      ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███   ███     ███         ███
███       ███▌      ███              ███▄         ▄███        ███                ███    ███     ███       ███
███     ▄▄███▌      ███               ████▄     ▄████         ▀███▄▄     ▄▄      ███     ███▄    ███▄   ▄███
████████████▀       ███████████        ▀███████████▀            ▀██████████      ███      ███▄    ███▄ ▄███
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀          ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                  ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀       ▀▀▀     ███▄███
                                                                                                    ▀███▀
                                                                                                     ▀█▀

[ PRESALE IS OPEN ] ●●●

G-Bert

Activity: 364

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 02:57:17 PM

true. the version is 1.9.4 or something. not 2.0.

XChat XJkVnYD4N4oSjNStgbAUD6UyWuBTWuMRgv
public key  fuYPYmK4Sj57PkU2NKg1gKW91euMKkstQPeeexUcxnb8
evtrmm

Activity: 392

So much for "Community"

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 02:59:42 PM

Any updates on what the pr team has been doing? Any new announcements soon?
leigh2k14
Legendary

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 03:01:34 PM

Thank you.

We are all waiting for the final piece of code, that will put us ahead of any alt coin, then watch the price explode!!!

Just waiting on Dan now, I don't mean to keep on, but it is 8 days late.

▀███▀
                                                                                                     ▀█▀

[ PRESALE IS OPEN ] ●●●

G-Bert

Activity: 364

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 03:05:17 PM

wheres synechist? any little tidbits of information i recon would cheers us all up a little bit Smiley

XChat XJkVnYD4N4oSjNStgbAUD6UyWuBTWuMRgv
public key  fuYPYmK4Sj57PkU2NKg1gKW91euMKkstQPeeexUcxnb8
cryptico

Activity: 700

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 03:05:30 PM

Plus with the Official REV2 release it was promised to be as well a public Bounty in BTC to try to Crack the anonimity

.WildBeastBlock.       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
  with New Wallet & Smart Message Insertion
  with Smart Doc Insertion
  Free WBB Chat App | Fully Secure and Private
infinitechaos

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 03:07:18 PM

Thank you.

We are all waiting for the final piece of code, that will put us ahead of any alt coin, then watch the price explode!!!

What final piece of code?

All I'm saying is that everything that was promised for REV2 is already here and they seem to have moved on to what is listed under REV2.5.

I'm not aware of any final piece of code that is missing.

If you want to point to version numbers as an indication that REV2 is not finished yet while all of the promised REV2 tech/features are already here, well...do your thing.

P.S. The version is v0.9.2.40XCurrency-2.42. If we're going to go off of version numbers then this isn't even REV1 yet. I'm skeptical that the version numbers are relevant.

▄▄█████████████▄▄       
     ▄███▀▀▀         ▀▀▀███▄     
     ▀███▄▄           ▄▄███▀     
        ▀▀█████████████▀▀       
B I T N A T I O N
G O V E R N A N C E  2.0

▀█▄▄           
 ██▄▀███▄▄       
 ████▄▀████▀▄▄   
 ██████▄▀█▀█████
 █████▀▄███▄▀▀   
 ███▀▄██▀▀       
 █▀▄█▀▀         
INSTALL PANGEA
       IOS coming soon
leigh2k14
Legendary

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 03:08:16 PM

[/quote]

Thank you.

[/quote]

Plus with the Official REV2 release it was promised to be as well a public Bounty in BTC to try to Crack the anonimity
[/quote]

Do you know if they have anyone in mind to test the anon, or is it just an open bounty?

▀███▀
                                                                                                     ▀█▀

[ PRESALE IS OPEN ] ●●●

oblox
Legendary

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 03:09:05 PM

What final piece of code?

All I'm saying is that everything that was promised for REV2 is already here and they seem to have moved on to what is listed under REV2.5.

I'm not aware of any final piece of code that is missing.

If you want to point to version numbers as an indication that REV2 is not finished yet while all of the promised REV2 tech/features are already here, well...do your thing.

P.S. The version is v0.9.2.40XCurrency-2.42. If we're going to go off of version numbers then this isn't even REV1 yet.

...or REV 2.42 ;-)
atcsecure

Activity: 756

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2014, 03:10:38 PM

In response to the attack that was carried out today on navajocoin.

While I am still reviewing the limited amount of information, based on my review of both the code and the available data, the attack was successful partly due to the 30 second block time.  

XC use's a 90 second block time.

I am reviewing the additional variables & Proof of Stake code involved in this attacked for any potential issues

2nd

The current REV2 test-release will be updated, additional data collected and then the final rev2 will be released

Dan

Join the revolution - XC - Decentralized Trustless Multi-Node Private Transactions
cryptico

Activity: 700

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 03:12:25 PM

Thank you.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Do you know if they have anyone in mind to test the anon, or is it just an open bounty?
[/quote]

Should be Open Bounty.

Plus for my understanding the release is still not complete as it does not set up Xnodes automatically yet, so Xnode multipath communication in the wallet is not ready yet as I understood, I might be wrong though.
And as well for what I understood the final release of Rev2 will not need the user to change anything in the router settings anymore to use the anonimity feature

.WildBeastBlock.       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
  with New Wallet & Smart Message Insertion
  with Smart Doc Insertion
  Free WBB Chat App | Fully Secure and Private
infinitechaos

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 03:14:31 PM

While I am still reviewing the limited amount of information, based on my review of both the code and the available data, the attack was successful partly due to the 30 second block time.  

I am reviewing the additional variables & Proof of Stake code involved in this attacked for any potential issues

2nd

The current REV2 test-release will be updated, additional data collected and then the final rev2 will be released

Dan

I stand corrected. More updates to come on REV2 indeed.

▄▄█████████████▄▄       
     ▄███▀▀▀         ▀▀▀███▄     
     ▀███▄▄           ▄▄███▀     
        ▀▀█████████████▀▀       
B I T N A T I O N
G O V E R N A N C E  2.0

▀█▄▄           
 ██▄▀███▄▄       
 ████▄▀████▀▄▄   
 ██████▄▀█▀█████
 █████▀▄███▄▀▀   
 ███▀▄██▀▀       
 █▀▄█▀▀         
INSTALL PANGEA
       IOS coming soon
oblox
Legendary

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 03:15:24 PM

2nd

Dan

Anyway to also implement a check against the current user's stake as a percentage of network weight to restrict staking in the event the coins make up a significant portion of the network?
Pages: « 1 ... 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 [802] 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 ... 1628 »
  Print  

Jump to: