Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 09:03:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 [835] 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 ... 1628 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos  (Read 1483639 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
flashbit

Activity: 1008
Merit: 505

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 01:53:47 AM

Synechist - can you comment on any work the new teams members recently announced are focusing their efforts on currently?

Christian: C++ work on the core code; not sure exactly what though.

Rob: working on strategy for social marketing, media buys, etc. as well as copy-editing releases and shaping the conversation around how the brand and public image will evolve.

Foundation members: ongoing work on the ATM thing.

Good to hear!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
btcsql

Activity: 292
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 01:55:55 AM

Does XC plan on producing their own line of ATMs? or pairing up with an existing manufacturer? BTCPoint or Genesis1 seem like they would be open to it (they already support LTC/DOGE)
Driv3n

Activity: 364

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 02:31:23 AM

Does XC plan on producing their own line of ATMs? or pairing up with an existing manufacturer? BTCPoint or Genesis1 seem like they would be open to it (they already support LTC/DOGE)

XC has partnered with Antoun Toubia and Samuel Selvarajan who are working on cashless Bitcoin/XC ATMs. Here is a quote from one of them earlier in the thread:

Also me and Sam own a crowdfunding platform which is Decentralized we will be accepting fund rasing Through XC asap. and we are the first to launch the first two ways bitcoin atm in europe and Uk. soon we will be launching the cashless bitcoin atm from diamond circle which currently we introduced to xc, and they will integrate xc if everything goes right in carding system and atms.   the one wallet card holds 9 currencies additional to cryptocurrencies like xc and bitcoin.

For info on the OneWallet card here is a link:

http://swiftbitz.com/docs/OneWalletMerchantOpportunities.pdf

Glad you asked as I'm sure many people missed this announcement and it's huge.
therightmintality

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 02:34:31 AM

My opinion, among many parity features of XC vs. DRK there is one, 'instamine' that intrinsic to XC, and not intrinsic to DRK. People's psychology does not accept unjust feature such as 'instamine'. You may contradict with 'stake' feature. But to stake coins, one need buy them first, buying is not so psychologically comfortable, as minig on the equipment you already possess.

So I call on Dan to return the mining feature, and let XC be PoW coin again, at least 50% PoW, 50% PoS.

You forget that, for investors, one of the central features of XC is that its money supply is not being continually diluted by mining.

So no, we're not bringing back mining.

If there was even a hint of something like that I would dump my thousands in a heartbeat....and it would not only be me either. The coin price be under 80K in short order.

+1,  If you want to read why this is a horrible idea, click on my username and read my post about dilution...  Mining coins until 2050 is an ill fated strategy and will not succeed.  Take any investible asset and continue to add shares to the mix the price will eventually be walking up the down escalator...  

Well, PoS also adds coins to the mix.

They do, and it is small amount, but still attractive.  This is similar to a dividend being paid on a traditional investments share which does not cause dilution. The difference being one coin has a small amount being added to the mix which may not even be greater than the projected coins that are typically lost on a yearly basis, and one still has >75% of their coins still to mine...
JakeThePanda

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 02:38:11 AM

XC has partnered with Antoun Toubia and Samuel Selvarajan who are working on cashless Bitcoin/XC ATMs. Here is a quote from one of them earlier in the thread:

Also me and Sam own a crowdfunding platform which is Decentralized we will be accepting fund rasing Through XC asap. and we are the first to launch the first two ways bitcoin atm in europe and Uk. soon we will be launching the cashless bitcoin atm from diamond circle which currently we introduced to xc, and they will integrate xc if everything goes right in carding system and atms.   the one wallet card holds 9 currencies additional to cryptocurrencies like xc and bitcoin.

Is this true?  How can a piece of news like this be hidden in the thread somewhere.  This sounds like big news if true.
therightmintality

Activity: 98

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 02:46:09 AM

Is this true?  How can a piece of news like this be hidden in the thread somewhere.  This sounds like big news if true.

Yes it is true, this was big news and continues to be.  However, I believe the team believes one in the hand is worth 2 in the bush as the old saying goes for us old timers.   Meaning... announce plans, and then again only when it comes reality...  buckle up...   also, a 3.3% POS will not dilute the coin as this will be offset by lost coins which alt/BTC currency has been projected between 2-4% annually.   Even if there were 0 coins lost it would be very very minimal.  However, you when a POW coin adds over 30% coins each year to the previous years numbers and you have serious, unrecoverable dilution, which when a coin like this becomes currency it leads to a drastic price drop, or drastic inflation in the amount of coins it takes to buy goods and services.
Driv3n

Activity: 364

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 02:47:41 AM

Is this true?  How can a piece of news like this be hidden in the thread somewhere.  This sounds like big news if true.

100% true, XC is makin moves! Check out pages 736-741 to read about the announcement and questions/answers.
bitcad4u

Activity: 602
Merit: 255

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 02:53:44 AM

XC price is normal, but 24h exchange volumes are decreasing again. Anxiety...

Poloniex volumes DRK/XC = 7.516/2.568, mintpal volumes DRK/XC = 684.069/59.180.

Can you explain why people trust in DRK more? Indeed Evan Duffield has opened the sources?! Nor he has hypnotic abilities to make people zombies?

You can't evaluate a coin based on one 24h period.  That is idiotic.  If this were the case, then you would have to conclude just 1 day ago that XC > DRK, because 1 day ago XC had a higher 24h volume than DRK.  So, according to your method, you now have two antithetical reports to reconcile within a period of 48 hours.

Your method is seriously flawed.  And the reason DRK volume has risen to overtake XC's in the last 24 hours is unquestionably because they just released news on RC4.

I am tracking for DRK & XC for a long time. Yes, there are few time intervals in history, where XC > DRK by 24h volume, but MOST of rest time (I estimate 80-90%), DRK > XC by volume.

Today, the volume difference just became drammatic. My opinion, among many parity features of XC vs. DRK there is one, 'instamine' that intrinsic to XC, and not intrinsic to DRK. People's psychology does not accept unjust feature such as 'instamine'. You may contradict with 'stake' feature. But to stake coins, one need buy them first, buying is not so psychologically comfortable, as minig on the equipment you already possess.

So I call on Dan to return the mining feature, and let XC be PoW coin again, at least 50% PoW, 50% PoS.

POW is a baddddd idea at this time... if you were around for this coin when it was X11 coin.. you would know why.   Chinese miner farms gana own u if u pow bro.
policymaker

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

Crypto Currency Supporter

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 02:57:10 AM

I got to say the majority of holders here are special in a good way. Im glad im part of this unofficial team, even though im probably one of the smallest fish in our pond. I just can't w8 until I officially take part in the Xnode Cult(probably at stable release).

Btw im no old timer in crypto or BTC, but im sure gonna promote hard the platform into "my" tech thirsty communities after final. I can't wait till team delivers!

'night every1!

XCurrency Price Speculation Topic
Coin Control Basic guide                                                                XChat address/private/instant/absolute: XSKu1fpwvRcAekfK91qVHi51Tgz4ckoA91
XChat public key: zcfx74j4fFK9hW7rQniTvLyDyXd9SyRCrncP9vdukbVT
swannsonite

Activity: 109

In Crypto We Verify

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 03:10:01 AM

Very interesting way to rank coins other than by market cap.  
http://www.coingecko.com

I recently sent them an email and they were very quick to add XC to the POS list and added the new facebook page.

I just sent an email with the updated name and logos hopefully that will be a quick fix too. Bobby who I have been in contact with said he would publish an updated about section if we provided it. Teka or Synechist could you please let me know if you have any about writeup for these kind of things or I can PM you his email info if you want to send an update for the about field.

ALSO I noticed earlier someone wanted an XC website for price. I would say this might even be better and is a new feature of coingecko check em out!

http://www.coingecko.com/widgets/ticker/xc/btc
ssmc2
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1040

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 03:22:11 AM

Reading through the comments in this Reddit post I couldn't help but think about XC and the raw power it may unleash when the time has come...

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/2aycxs/hi_this_is_ben_lawsky_at_nydfs_here_are_the/
shakesbear

Activity: 684

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 03:36:24 AM
Last edit: July 18, 2014, 04:23:54 AM by shakesbear

I got to say the majority of holders here are special in a good way. Im glad im part of this unofficial team, even though im probably one of the smallest fish in our pond. I just can't w8 until I officially take part in the Xnode Cult(probably at stable release).

Btw im no old timer in crypto or BTC, but im sure gonna promote hard the platform into "my" tech thirsty communities after final. I can't wait till team delivers!

'night every1!

You are definitely a OG of this crew

<iframe id='widget-ticker-preview' src='//www.coingecko.com/widget_component/ticker/xc/btc' style='border:none; height:185px; width: 275px;' scrolling='no' frameborder='0' allowTransparency='true'></iframe>

░░▒▒▓▓▓▓▓************** DFINANCE is New Age of DEFI **************▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░░
░░▒▒▓▓▓▓* Bitcointalk ▐  TwitterReddit ▐  Telegram ▐  Github ▐  Discord *▓▓▓▓▒▒░░
░░▒▒▓▓▓** A Non-Code Platform for Decentralized Trading Instruments **▓▓▓▒▒░░
Abrupto

Activity: 84

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 04:42:48 AM

Reading through the comments in this Reddit post I couldn't help but think about XC and the raw power it may unleash when the time has come...

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/2aycxs/hi_this_is_ben_lawsky_at_nydfs_here_are_the/

Essentially, they want to make it so only venture capitalists and the wealthy, whom are already lawyered up can operate in the state. Crypto won't fail, but if legislation like this is passed in the u.s., people will abandon bitcoin. Xc is the likely candidate to take the deserters.
counter

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

Time is on our side, yes it is!

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 05:08:37 AM

'night every1!

I agree with this sentiment.  Some very open minded and focused people.  The amount of fud has gone down dramatically and everyone seems committed to the success of this coin.  Night friend.
demgains

Activity: 196

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 05:16:22 AM

Essentially, they want to make it so only venture capitalists and the wealthy, whom are already lawyered up can operate in the state. Crypto won't fail, but if legislation like this is passed in the u.s., people will abandon bitcoin. Xc is the likely candidate to take the deserters.

abandon is a strong word, but I am fully inclined to believe that XC's value will grow exponentially. We have to remember Bitcoin is still the only crypto that people outside of  trading and these forums know about. Alot of people I know are beginning to talk about bitcoin, whether its just news, rumors or information passed on from others. If you ask anyone about Litecoin, Dark, or any other crypto they won't have a clue what you're talking about. This is where XC needs to shine in marketing and PR IMO because it can make the coin's value be worth .001 or .05

XC will have possibly the best features available in anon...I dont doubt that for one second, but whats so good about that if its never marketed correctly in the end. Marketing and PR will be the biggest upcoming challenge for this coin, and if it succeeds, it will become oh so valuable. Im both anxious and excited to see what the XC team delivers in the upcoming months.
Abrupto

Activity: 84

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 05:25:20 AM

abandon is a strong word, but I am fully inclined to believe that XC's value will grow exponentially. We have to remember Bitcoin is still the only crypto that people outside of  trading and these forums know about. Alot of people I know are beginning to talk about bitcoin, whether its just news, rumors or information passed on from others. If you ask anyone about Litecoin, Dark, or any other crypto they won't have a clue what you're talking about. This is where XC needs to shine in marketing and PR IMO because it can make the coin's value be worth .001 or .05

XC will have possibly the best features available in anon...I dont doubt that for one second, but whats so good about that if its never marketed correctly in the end. Marketing and PR will be the biggest upcoming challenge for this coin, and if it succeeds, it will become oh so valuable. Im both anxious and excited to see what the XC team delivers in the upcoming months.

I agree with you completely. I am not saying everyone will abandon bitcoin, but there are people who will. I have already met plenty who aren't happy with the direction bitcoin is going and have exited their positions and invested completely in alts. I by the way, am not one of those people.
cyberhacker
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 05:29:25 AM

another Exchange add XC as candidate!

http://www.btc38.com/altcoin/xc/?c=1

and highly likely they will add trading.
demgains

Activity: 196

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 05:34:04 AM

I agree with you completely. I am not saying everyone will abandon bitcoin, but there are people who will. I have already met plenty who aren't happy with the direction bitcoin is going and have exited their positions and invested completely in alts. I by the way, am not one of those people.

Lucky for us we're adopting XC in its early infancy, I can only hope the altcoin market expands and people come to recognize that there may be better cryptos out there than BTC. It's just that much more of a risk right now. With 80% of XC holders storing their coins in their personal wallets, its definitely a positive for XC ATM. People trust this coin enough to point where they realize this is not just another P &D, but possibly the coming of the next big thing to come in the cryptoworld.

I can only hope these prices stay low for a little while longer, because I still have some XC I want to buy.
SirEGB

Activity: 142

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 07:34:01 AM

Very interesting way to rank coins other than by market cap.  
http://www.coingecko.com

I recently sent them an email and they were very quick to add XC to the POS list and added the new facebook page.

I just sent an email with the updated name and logos hopefully that will be a quick fix too. Bobby who I have been in contact with said he would publish an updated about section if we provided it. Teka or Synechist could you please let me know if you have any about writeup for these kind of things or I can PM you his email info if you want to send an update for the about field.

ALSO I noticed earlier someone wanted an XC website for price. I would say this might even be better and is a new feature of coingecko check em out!

http://www.coingecko.com/widgets/ticker/xc/btc

I saw this on twitter and thought it was interesting as well and now we have it.  Smiley
madmanbts

Activity: 70

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 08:27:38 AM

@ demgains So is seems to me that you have something against other people buying illegal substances using XC, but you are perfectly fine if they only use it for tax evasion, bribes and other illegal financial shit....maybe not but at least that's what I understand.

Here is what I think:

The most important feature of XCurrency is privacy there is no doubt about this and getting it done is surely the number 1 priority.
Second priority is, at least in my mind, creating an environment that would enable spending XCurrency. I understand that introducing xc on the currency cards and ATMs will make it possible to spend it anywhere or exchange it for fiat, but people can do this just as well with bitcoin. For XC there needs to be a different application, specific for anon coins, like an online market.

By market I refer to a completely decentralized online market that would use xc. For such a market to have success a true anon coin is necessary and xc is perfect for that. Otherwise there are little applications that would absolutely require the use of an anon coin. I mean using it to sponsor political parties is great but still...not enough. Also what point is there to keep the records of a online company private (using xc) if the actual business can not be conducted also in a private way (using a decentralized anon market based on xc).

I consider cloak coin as the most important competitor. They are currently working on implementing a decentralized anon feature that might work out just as well as Dan's implementation. If they do achieve this then I belive in a very short time xc will be losing its advantage because cloak will also have their Onemarket service, maybe you have read their whitepaper.

I feel that in the future most commerce will move on the online medium and next logical step after getting rid of financial  middlemen, and thus liberating money (as bitcoin and all the other cryptocurrencies have done), is eliminating the ecommerce middlemen (like ebay, amazon and many others).

There is a great deal of bitcoin being transactioned on the dark markets. Those users will most definitely migrate over to the first good implementation of a decentralized market as they are aware that their weak spot is the fact that the markets they transact on are centralized.

Now don't get me wrong, I do not advertise the sale of drugs, child porn, weapons and what not. All of these issues can be resolved through peer reviews or other methods. But the fact still stands: there is a need for such a free market open to anyone and sooner or later someone will make it happen. I only wish that XC will be the one.

So in conclusion I belive that developing such a application should be first priority after anonymity problem is fully done.

Who's the developer's of Cloak?  Can I look up their bios or find them on Linkdin?  I wasn't able to find them on the Cloak site?
I does not matter who is the developer as long as he delivers. Having a profile on linkdin is good for building trust, but it doesn't really matter. However I am not concerned with the cloak developer I am concerned about XC.
Pages: « 1 ... 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 [835] 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 ... 1628 »
  Print  

Jump to: