Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 03:42:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 [846] 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 ... 1628 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos  (Read 1483639 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
The-C-Word

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 09:51:01 PM

Arlyn, thanks for the communication. Took a look this morning and saw that Bittrex was now 3rd overall in volume, and one of their top coins has a problem with a missing dev. People are confused about the communication with XC? At least we have people around to communicate with. Just keep doing what you are doing Arlyn. Many supporters here who appreciate your time and effort.

Thank you sir! I'll keep on communicating. And the clarity of information on XC will only improve.

My goal is to have the necessary information highly visible from all our platforms - and to have it all continually updated without some info getting out of date.

It must be so frustrating having to deal with all the trolls that have insecurity issues because they got burned by having other pump and dump coins dev constantly disappearing on them.   They are just not used to XC with the professional team that actually have an official PR person.

Keep up the good work!

Heh. Yeah, it'll take a while before the crypto world realises we're not the usual transient cryptotrash.

Until then, we'll need to continually affirm, support, and reaffirm people of where XC's at and what XC is.

It's a trust thing, and honestly people's low level of trust about cryptocurrencies is realistic, given the past.

But the community here is awesome, and it's growing. I can't wait to see how things will be in a month.

I feel you man.

I think the matter of perspective can fuel frustration on each side also.

I mean, you see all the great thing going on behind the scenes and that things are really starting to come together. You guys are also busting your butts and putting in long hours, so when you see posts from people constantly asking for updates or yet another confused investor, I can see how it might grate your nerves a bit. It can make them seem a bit whiny, ungrateful, etc.

From the investors' side--- They're in it for the long haul. Most of the coins are off the exchanges and in their wallets. They have quite a bit invested because they see the potential.  As someone mentioned earlier, some may have been burned by other coins in the past.  When it's quiet on the update front for a few days (because you're working, have lives, etc.) they can start to get a bit antsy. Especially when they're essentially told to trust or gtfo (not saying you've done this personally).

There's just that point where trust/anticipation and proof/delivery need to meet. Once you find that sweet spot you have happy campers all around. Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
synechist
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2014, 09:56:48 PM

Looks just like the 1st roadmap.

I beg to differ:

- UI update at Rev 2

- Rev 3 UI preview at Rev 2.5

- Rev 2.5 is the point at which trustless mixing is merged with secure private messaging

- Additional updates to xnodes in the Rev 2 phase (just to whet your appetites :-).

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
cryptico

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 09:58:17 PM

from dan :

"I will be releasing an updated roadmap this weekend and also an updated wallet with improvements to the private transactions feature"

Is the wallet already been released with 2.45 or we will have a wallet release as well today?

Thank you.

PS:I am sorry to sound as a dick but no ETA at this stage is not really professional... at least for Rev 2.5.. and when there will be the official bounty?

.WildBeastBlock.       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
  with New Wallet & Smart Message Insertion
  with Smart Doc Insertion
  Free WBB Chat App | Fully Secure and Private
synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2014, 09:59:36 PM

I feel you man.

I think the matter of perspective can fuel frustration on each side also.

I mean, you see all the great thing going on behind the scenes and that things are really starting to come together. You guys are also busting your butts and putting in long hours, so when you see posts from people constantly asking for updates or yet another confused investor, I can see how it might grate your nerves a bit. It can make them seem a bit whiny, ungrateful, etc.

From the investors' side--- They're in it for the long haul. Most of the coins are off the exchanges and in their wallets. They have quite a bit invested because they see the potential.  As someone mentioned earlier, some may have been burned by other coins in the past.  When it's quiet on the update front for a few days (because you're working, have lives, etc.) they can start to get a bit antsy. Especially when they're essentially told to trust or gtfo (not saying you've done this personally).

There's just that point where trust/anticipation and proof/delivery need to meet. Once you find that sweet spot you have happy campers all around. Smiley

Couldn't agree more. It feels like a fuel line... the flow's gotta be just right. Alternatively more trust will allow greater variation in the flow.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2014, 10:02:04 PM

from dan :

"I will be releasing an updated roadmap this weekend and also an updated wallet with improvements to the private transactions feature"

Is the wallet already been released with 2.45 or we will have a wallet release as well today?

Thank you.

PS: no ETA at this stage is not really professional... and when there will be the official bounty?

Dan's post referred to Rev 2.45. It's out already.

We're under no obligation to give you an ETA. Why would you expect one? You've got no idea how many variables this depends on.

It's not only professional to not give one, it would be irresponsible, thus unprofessional, to wantonly give dates without being 100% certain we couldn't keep our word.

Why would an ETA make a difference anyway? EM is already being tested; it's not as if we've got nothing to show for. It'll be out in due course.

The big public bounty is around Rev 3.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
BrewCrewFan

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 10:05:04 PM

hate to sound like a troll here, but any relative ETAs?

I can answer this one....

/puts on asshole cap

When its good and done and ready to be so.

( Then I wonder why I am never in charge of PR lol )

Free SIGNs giving everyday. Be part, do not miss!.
SqMe5ceYfdcGsRyVpgvpYb6bRLS9j8omvB

XChat : Addy : XYuZESQpeMtZ2wit8nVVnXKGytfiaTBCo6 PubKey : eteshLzeq8Bh54BRjGSunMTc6Ytxtk7HYaSmDYMQn61z
Herbix

Activity: 97

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 10:05:44 PM

Just a small suggestion, could you release new roadmaps with same layout as the previous one? Wink
silkybrah

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 10:06:00 PM

from dan :

Thank you.

PS: no ETA at this stage is not really professional... and when there will be the official bounty?

We're under no obligation to give you an ETA. Why would you expect one? You've got no idea how many variables this depends on.

It's not only professional to not give one, it would be irresponsible, thus unprofessional, to wantonly give dates without being 100% certain we couldn't keep our word.

I agree with you. Thanks for the updated roadmap too.
Artoodeetoo

Activity: 518

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 10:06:12 PM

from dan :

Thank you.

Thanks synechist...

One question though...

Is rev2 out and working on mainnet? If it is im not sure than many people are aware of that fact mate? And if it is I "thought" we were going to use some of the bounty to promote it.. I may be way off here? I think im still confused from the REV 2 release day ! lol

DASH #DashDC #DashIntoDigitalCash
cryptico

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 10:07:05 PM

I intended an estimate... you can give as well a week time frame or a month time frame.

Anyway when there will be the public bounty? after 2.5? Was supposed to be after rev 2

thank you

.WildBeastBlock.       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
  with Smart Doc Insertion
synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2014, 10:09:38 PM

from dan :

Thank you.

Thanks synechist...

One question though...

Is rev2 out and working on mainnet? If it is im not sure than many people are aware of that fact mate? And if it is I "thought" we were going to use some of the bounty to promote it.. I may be way off here? I think im still confused from the REV 2 release day ! lol

Yes Rev 2 has been implemented since 7/7/14, and has been on mainnet for weeks.

The paid PR will go out when Rev 2's UI update and yet-to-be-announced "Xnode update" tech is done.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
five8andten

Activity: 71

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 10:12:24 PM

Just a small suggestion, could you release new roadmaps with same layout as the previous one? Wink

just tilt your  head sideways and you're all set  Wink

HYP - pURCi5HeWabYfF3WoCuAWRCWz5G1hxuhMz
Mwalshe89

Activity: 233
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 10:13:45 PM

I intended an estimate... you can give as well a week time frame or a month time frame.

Anyway when there will be the public bounty? after 2.5? Was supposed to be after rev 2

thank you

Think about it. Rev 2 was released thirteen days ago, we are now on Rev 2.45..
cryptico

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 10:15:42 PM

thank you

yea and still no public bounty to crack the anon

.WildBeastBlock.       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
  with Smart Doc Insertion
silkybrah

Activity: 31

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 10:18:18 PM

Why would an ETA make a difference anyway? EM is already being tested; it's not as if we've got nothing to show for. It'll be out in due course.

synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2014, 10:18:53 PM

thank you

I've just told you guys that the public bounty is a Rev 3 thing. Did you not see it?

It's been a Rev 3 thing since we released the previous roadmap. I don't know how many times I've mentioned this.

Here's how it works:

- we release Rev 3 as an official public launch.

- thus we declare Rev 3 ready for general public use

- and to prove it we have a big bounty for anyone who can provably break XC's privacy.

Make sense now why it's stupid to offer a bounty before then? We'd have neither a completed app nor a reason to prove it.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
zythos

Activity: 48

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 10:19:00 PM

Thank you for the updates synechist Smiley. I personly think that you are doing a fantastic job. everything is perfectly clear in my mind as to what has been implemented and what is under development.

The updated roadmap is very clear and easy to understand.

A big thanks to you and the Dev team.
Keep up the Fantastic work Cheesy
Mwalshe89

Activity: 233
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 10:19:09 PM

thank you

It's completely understandable. Look, if they are making a new secure feature for anon that's yet to be announced, if its a new key feature, another world first for example, a public bounty would have allot more impact alongside its release, as well as with a PR campaign.

Business wise it makes perfect sense.

On a side note, keep up the excellent work synechist.
CryptoGretzky

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 10:20:13 PM

thank you

I've just told you guys that the public bounty is a Rev 3 thing. Did you not see it?

It's been a Rev 3 thing since we released the previous roadmap. I don't know how many times I've mentioned this.

Here's how it works:

- we release Rev 3 as an official public launch.

- thus we declare Rev 3 ready for general public use

- and to prove it we have a big bounty for anyone who can provably break XC's privacy.

Make sense now why it's stupid to offer a bounty before then? We'd have neither a completed app nor a reason to prove it.

Let's bold it for the trolls.  Their eyesight aren't that good.

ssmc2
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1040

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 10:23:52 PM

Come on people. Reading comprehension. Seriously.
Pages: « 1 ... 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 [846] 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 ... 1628 »
  Print  

Jump to: