Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 07:20:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 [860] 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 ... 1628 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos  (Read 1483638 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
synechist
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2014, 04:15:58 PM

Anyone have thoughts why all the dumping today?  Very odd as there seems to be nothing but good news coming out.
Yeah, same thing is on my mind. Good news comes out .... and a 10k dump comes. Everything I learned about crypto seems to work opposite with XC.
Am still in, sold nothing and will keep holding my precious . . . .

You're right that things seem to work in the opposite way for XC lately.

If were to guess why, I'd say that competitors know we're for real. They really don't want to be surpassed.

So they dump coins mined early on to keep XC appearing as if nothing big is happening. But it is, and they've got it coming.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2014, 04:19:48 PM

Anyone have thoughts why all the dumping today?  Very odd as there seems to be nothing but good news coming out.
Yeah, same thing is on my mind. Good news comes out .... and a 10k dump comes. Everything I learned about crypto seems to work opposite with XC.

If were to guess why, I'd say that competitors know we're for real. They really don't want to be surpassed.

So they dump coins mined early on to keep XC appearing as if nothing big is happening. But it is, and they've got it coming.

Of course this is pure speculation, but hey.

It's a lame and short-lived tactic to keep dumping coins at cheap prices. Before long the news will be too good and even their dumping will make no difference. And before long they'll run out of cash and we'll be free of them henceforth.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
flashbit

Activity: 1008
Merit: 505

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 04:30:19 PM

It's a lame and short-lived tactic to keep dumping coins at cheap prices. Before long the news will be too good and even their dumping will make no difference. And before long they'll run out of cash and we'll be free of them henceforth.

I was thinking the same thing Arlyn. It seems to be the only explanation. The crypto war seems to be quite evident and XC is a huge contender and force to be reckoned with. Holding strong as good times are coming folks.
synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2014, 04:32:56 PM

I was thinking the same thing Arlyn. It seems to be the only explanation. The crypto war seems to be quite evident and XC is a huge contender and force to be reckoned with. Holding strong as good times are coming folks.

Yeah. I don't have a better explanation, that's for sure. Why else would someone dump on good news?

So basically I'm just interpreting this dumping as perverse good news. It's a sign that we're a serious threat.

Note to self: next time someone dumps on news, smile and wait patiently for the fundamentals to express themselves ;-)

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2014, 04:34:59 PM

Yeah. I don't have a better explanation, that's for sure. Why else would someone dump on good news?

So basically I'm just interpreting this dumping as perverse good news. It's a sign that we're a serious threat.

Note to self: next time someone dumps on news, smile and wait patiently for the fundamentals to express themselves ;-)

To be a little more strategic, we can just buy these dumps up. Put in support for the price and you're gonna get cheap coins.

The more support, the faster this mystery whale runs out of coins to dump, and the richer we all get. :-)

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
demgains

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 04:35:14 PM

my first guess would have to be DRK bag holders, who also happen to have several thousands in XC. Possibly some from the Cloak community afterwards, then theres probably a fair amount from the other anon coins too that are trying to keep XC down as well. I bought up several hundred coins last night and took them off the exchange for staking. Taking coins off the exchange prevents bagholders from other coins to manipulate XC's price further. I don't mind these cheap prices now to accumulate more, but XC should easily be worth double this right now.
G-Bert

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 04:36:56 PM

To be a little more strategic, we can just buy these dumps up. Put in support for the price and you're gonna get cheap coins.

The more support, the faster this mystery whale runs out of coins to dump, and the richer we all get. :-)

If a whale feels threatened because they think were onto a winner, why would they dump XC over whatever else it is that they are worried is inferior?

XChat XJkVnYD4N4oSjNStgbAUD6UyWuBTWuMRgv
public key  fuYPYmK4Sj57PkU2NKg1gKW91euMKkstQPeeexUcxnb8
Artoodeetoo

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 04:37:01 PM

Agree 100 percent on the coin price, its silly low.. Took a handful more in 140 range... Cant see it here for long...

DASH #DashDC #DashIntoDigitalCash
synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2014, 04:37:52 PM

[various competitors named]

Yeah, quite possibly. But let's not mention/accuse any parties because that'll just bring unnecessary trouble.

We don't know who it is. But who cares? Nobody can hold back reality.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2014, 04:39:12 PM

Anyone have thoughts why all the dumping today?  Very odd as there seems to be nothing but good news coming out.

[various competitors named]

Yeah, quite possibly. But let's not mention/accuse any parties because that'll just bring unnecessary trouble.

We don't know who it is. But who cares? Nobody can hold back reality.

If a whale feels threatened because they think were onto a winner, why would they dump XC over whatever else it is that they are worried is inferior?

The hypothesis only pertains to a whale who has a vested interest in a competing project.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
dida
Legendary

SoNiC BooM

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 04:41:12 PM

Hi folks

Another announcement:

We've stated in the past that we value open source code very highly and are privileged to share our ground-breaking tech with the crypto community.

Well today we make our mixing tech - that testing has shown to remove any link between sender and receiver on the blockchain - open source!

This is our Rev 1 mixer code. It is not the trustless mixing that XC currently uses.

You can expect more of XC's tech to be made public as we continue.

Enjoy, world! We hope that this will demonstrate XC's commitment to transparency, information-sharing, and good faith in the crypto community.

http://pastebin.com/G4mH4AxR

SHITTY TIMING ..
synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2014, 04:42:09 PM

Hi folks

Another announcement:

We've stated in the past that we value open source code very highly and are privileged to share our ground-breaking tech with the crypto community.

Well today we make our mixing tech - that testing has shown to remove any link between sender and receiver on the blockchain - open source!

This is our Rev 1 mixer code. It is not the trustless mixing that XC currently uses.

Enjoy, world! We hope that this will demonstrate XC's commitment to transparency, information-sharing, and good faith in the crypto community.

SHITTY TIMING ..

Why? I wouldn't think so. 

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
demgains

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 04:44:25 PM

They probably bought in on a competitor coin and accumulated much more than they have in XC, however they still hold a substancial amount of XC. XC's price may severely limit their profit margin if they were to buy back in and accumulate more ATM. Because they probably acquired the competitor's coin for next to nothing, they will do everything they can to keep XC's price low which may divert more investors to their coin and increase the potential for profit
dida
Legendary

SoNiC BooM

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 04:47:54 PM

Hi folks

Another announcement:

SHITTY TIMING ..

we will see..depends on next move by DAN... I could be wrong
synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2014, 04:50:35 PM

Hi folks

Another announcement:

SHITTY TIMING ..

I don't understand. How would releasing the Rev 1 mixer code have any bearing on Dan's next move?

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
demgains

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 04:51:18 PM

Hi folks

Another announcement:

SHITTY TIMING ..

surely you have some reasoning to support why its 'shitty timing'. I don't see how this even does much for people trying to copy this coin, other than offer increased transparency.
braxx

Activity: 392

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 04:54:34 PM

Hi folks

Another announcement:

opening part of the code should UP us on that coingecko website...

Very interesting way to rank coins other than by market cap. 
http://www.coingecko.com

I recently sent them an email and they were very quick to add XC to the POS list and added the new facebook page.

I just sent an email with the updated name and logos hopefully that will be a quick fix too. Bobby who I have been in contact with said he would publish an updated about section if we provided it. Teka or Synechist could you please let me know if you have any about writeup for these kind of things or I can PM you his email info if you want to send an update for the about field.

ALSO I noticed earlier someone wanted an XC website for price. I would say this might even be better and is a new feature of coingecko check em out!

http://www.coingecko.com/widgets/ticker/xc/btc

Not too sure about their ranking system XC seems very low, but any exposure is better than none.
But one thing that really stoodout for me was XC's very low number of facebook likes compared to most of the other coins.
This is something that we could remedy very quickly by everybody just adding XC as a like on facebook   Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley  https://www.facebook.com/XCurrency

I agree, our facebook is still pretty new though (so is XC) but yeah or social media presence is a bit on the low side. Another factor for our lower ranking is the closed source so our developer score is much lower than it could be. They have updated logo and name now just need an updated about page info.
synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2014, 04:55:34 PM

The open source announcement on :

- the official forum: http://xctalk.com/index.php?/topic/166-xcs-mixer-tech-goes-open-source/

- Reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/XCofficialreddit/comments/2bb1k2/xcs_mixer_tech_goes_open_source/

- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/XCurrency/posts/1522438121313423

- Twitter: https://twitter.com/XCurrency/status/491249330813423616

Feel free to retweet, reply, like, and comment away. Let's grow XC's public awareness.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
KimmyF

Activity: 978

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 04:56:54 PM

well, opposite is good because no other alt coin has succeeded in getting out of the BTC shadow. Second, coin movement from early miners to investors is in my book also a great thing.

still, counter intuitive to see
synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2014, 04:58:46 PM

well, opposite is good because no other alt coin has succeeded in getting out of the BTC shadow. Second, coin movement from early miners to investors is in my book also a great thing.

still, counter intuitive to see

+1.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
Pages: « 1 ... 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 [860] 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 ... 1628 »
  Print  

Jump to: