Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 01:51:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 [874] 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 ... 1628 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos  (Read 1483638 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
rockstahh

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 10:20:43 PM

I dont think you guys understand why people are dumping and to be honest it blows my mind. It's simple, its nothing to do with the quality of the product, its how the messages are delivered and sometimes, the content.

Mistake 1, the late Rev 2 release, huge mega dump.

Mistake 2, promises new road map during the weekend, proceeds to make almost THE SAME mistake by revealing the new road map late on Sunday.

Mistake 3, road map is pretty much the same thing as the first one,  just presented differently. Lets be serious, that is what took a few days to wait for and also with no ETA?

In the meantime no one seems to acknowledge the fact that there are other coins around that people can make short term money from while XC is floundering. People are able to make serious money in the crypto market but cannot do that if their money is tied in XC, and that is why they dump.

Its not a whale dumping, its people that want to make money and dont want to wait months.

This is little to do with Cloak or Dark

Please for goodness sakes have some sort of Focus Group to test how people will receive your announcements, it really is bad the way they're been delivered. Also, when you say 'weekend release' you better make sure you release that news on a Saturday and not late on a Sunday.

yahtzee!

1MKvsb5ULZrJqX9UjBpgESvfn5ftSg85qH

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
The-C-Word

Activity: 100

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 10:28:47 PM

I dont think you guys understand why people are dumping and to be honest it blows my mind. It's simple, its nothing to do with the quality of the product, its how the messages are delivered and sometimes, the content.

Mistake 2, promises new road map during the weekend, proceeds to make almost THE SAME mistake by revealing the new road map late on Sunday.

Mistake 3, road map is pretty much the same thing as the first one,  just presented differently. Lets be serious, that is what took a few days to wait for and also with no ETA?

In the meantime no one seems to acknowledge the fact that there are other coins around that people can make short term money from while XC is floundering. People are able to make serious money in the crypto market but cannot do that if their money is tied in XC, and that is why they dump.

Its not a whale dumping, its people that want to make money and dont want to wait months.

Please for goodness sakes have some sort of Focus Group to test how people will receive your announcements, it really is bad the way they're been delivered. Also, when you say 'weekend release' you better make sure you release that news on a Saturday and not late on a Sunday.

Finally someone making sense here ...I will add a few things more but I will keep my mouth closed for now.

Why the silence?
knowbrainar

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 10:31:56 PM

Mistake 3, road map is pretty much the same thing as the first one,  just presented differently. Lets be serious, that is what took a few days to wait for and also with no ETA?

Finally someone making sense here ...I will add a few things more but I will keep my mouth closed for now.

Why the silence?

The second someone puts across a negative point of view due to the money they have lost, they are accused of FUD.... that may have something to do with it.
ssmc2
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1040

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 10:36:18 PM
Last edit: July 22, 2014, 10:51:34 PM by ssmc2

Please for goodness sakes have some sort of Focus Group to test how people will receive your announcements, it really is bad the way they're being delivered. Also, when you say 'weekend release' you better make sure you release that news on a Saturday and not late on a Sunday.

If your trite "reasons" really are why some people are dumping then more power to 'em. I'll be glad to be there to scoop up the cheap coins. I'm not in this for daytrading or weektrading and I'll hazard a guess that most of the folks here who truly understand what's going on aren't either. The mentality you described of people wanting to make money and not wait months? Lol
infinitechaos

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 10:38:00 PM

Please for goodness sakes have some sort of Focus Group to test how people will receive your announcements, it really is bad the way they're being delivered. Also, when you say 'weekend release' you better make sure you release that news on a Saturday and not late on a Sunday.

LOL, what? Last time I checked Sunday night is still considered the weekend.

The only thing the PR team could have handled better with regards to the REV2 release was to have better managed expectations.

I feel that the team delivered adequately, but people seemed to have had unfounded expectations that were not met - expectations like "weekend release" somehow means Saturday night.

Roll Eyes

▄▄█████████████▄▄       
     ▄███▀▀▀         ▀▀▀███▄     
   ▄███▀       ▄▄▄       ▀███▄   
  ███▀       ▄██▀██▄       ▀███ 
 ▐██▌        ██   ██        ▐██▌
 ███         ██▐█▌██         ███
▐██▌          ▀▐█▌▀          ▐██▌
▐██▌          ▄▐█▌▄          ▐██▌
 ███         ██▐█▌██         ███
 ▐██▌        ██   ██        ▐██▌
  ███▄       ▀██▄██▀       ▄███ 
   ▀███▄       ▀▀▀       ▄███▀   
     ▀███▄▄           ▄▄███▀     
        ▀▀█████████████▀▀       
B I T N A T I O N
G O V E R N A N C E  2.0

Android app available now
▀█▄▄           
 ██▄▀███▄▄       
 ████▄▀████▀▄▄   
 ██████▄▀█▀█████
 █████▀▄███▄▀▀   
 ███▀▄██▀▀       
 █▀▄█▀▀         
INSTALL PANGEA
       IOS coming soon
Abrupto

Activity: 84

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 10:38:04 PM

People are probably just cashing out due to Ethereum launching their ipo.
Abrupto

Activity: 84

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 10:40:42 PM

The only thing the PR team could have handled better with regards to the REV2 release was to have better managed expectations.

I feel that the team delivered adequately, but people seemed to have had unfounded expectations that were not met - expectations like "weekend release" somehow means Saturday night.

Roll Eyes

What? I thought weekend release meant Saturday morning at 12:01 in the am. Grin
knowbrainar

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 10:54:57 PM

If your trite "reasons" really are why some people are dumping then more power to 'em. I'll be glad to be there to scoop up the cheap coins. I'm not in this for daytrading or weektrading and I'll hazard a guess that the most of the folks here who truly understand what's going on aren't either. The mentality you described of people wanting to make money and not wait months? Lol

Like I said, the reasons are simple, its not assumption its fact. Look at the price, there is little to dispute. This might be a suprise to you but if people are confident XC price will stay low then guess what? They'll pull out, make some money elsewhere and come back to buy even more XC when the price is about to rise again.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Maybe you dont understand what Focus Groups are for and thats why you so easily dismissed everything I said rather than say "maybe he has a point". Again, the price speaks for itself.

Focus Group was just an idea for me to throw out, dont get too hung up on it, common sense is all that should be needed.

Make people wait too long for news (little dump out of fraustration).

Road map similar to the one previously posted (little dump)
+
No ETA + increased fraustration + watching other coins blossom while you're tied up in a coin thats falling = (HUGE dump).

In regards to a Focus group, if you had one for instance and you asked them "Hey when we say we'll release something on the weekend, would you be happier if we release it on a Saturday or late on a Sunday?" what answer do you think they would give?  

Yeah.
synechist
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2014, 11:00:33 PM

Mistake 3, road map is pretty much the same thing as the first one,  just presented differently. Lets be serious, that is what took a few days to wait for and also with no ETA?

This perspective doesn't adequately explain the facts.

- the announcement of Rob Kremers? Big news, huge dump.

- all the other non-minor announcements lately? Dumps right on the news.

Look up my posts and compare their times with the dumps on Mintpal. It's obvious.

I'm not particularly interested in discussing the complexities of expectations and deliveries. I've stated my opinion on this already, and I think that the reactions to our announcements have mostly to do with the circulating of misinformation and with the mysterious dumps. Your interpretation here rides upon these facts instead of preceding them.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
FUD_master

Activity: 28

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 11:18:39 PM

Buy the rumor, sell the news  Roll Eyes
oblox
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1018

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 11:18:50 PM

Regardless of what has happened in the past in terms of updates and such, the daily updates going forward will be welcomed. I agree waiting till Sunday both times was foolish but hopefully major updates will have learned from poorly timed execution previously.
Artoodeetoo

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 11:21:40 PM

+ 1

Daily updates are a great idea. Crazy price action today though.

DASH #DashDC #DashIntoDigitalCash
CryptoChronic

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 11:21:55 PM

Look up my posts and compare their times with the dumps on Mintpal. It's obvious.

I'm not particularly interested in discussing the complexities of expectations and deliveries. I've stated my opinion on this already, and I think that the reactions to our announcements have mostly to do with the circulating of misinformation and with the mysterious dumps. Your interpretation here rides upon these facts instead of preceding them.

Mysterious Dumps...aka DRK instamine
Slaxt

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

Gone......

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 11:23:26 PM

TC is the worse thing to happen to default, needs to open his eyes and not jump to conclusions, not everyone lies!!! Anyway as promised I have left, pass word changed to long random which I will forget like that plonker who ruined a perfectly fine account.
knowbrainar

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 11:25:49 PM

There is literally no need to discuss the complexities of expectation and deliveries, theres absolutely nothing to gain from it. You know your job, you're going to do your job the way you want to and investors will act accordingly in their best interests, end of.  As I said, the reason is simple, whether anyone wants to except it or not, that's their choice. Its not only a whale that's dumping, while I do not dispute that there has been heavy manipulation of the XC coin (my post history will confirm as much), these dumps and price slumps are more than that.

At the end of the day, for the majority of people this is all about making money as quick as possible (as safely as possible for the smarter ones). The daily updates that have been proposed is probably the best way forward to ensure confidence and stability in XC.
oblox
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1018

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 11:26:01 PM

Mysterious Dumps...aka DRK instamine

Well, if you knew how to read a block explorer and followed the price action on the exchanges, you'd see those coins have long since been distributed.
knowbrainar

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 11:29:47 PM

http://sd.keepcalm-o-matic.co.uk/i/keep-calm-and-say-fuck-you-hater-2.png
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m0cdbrqqfb1rqfhi2o1_500.gif

Behaving stupid suits you, keep up the stellar work.
biskyb33

Activity: 121
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 11:34:34 PM

arlyn, all of a sudden we have a bunch of newb members holding huge conversations amongst themselves on this thread. it's comical from my perspective. reading through this thread the past weeks, i see that this team IS a focus group and any attempt at manufactured drama here is being ignored by those impressed by you, we are also ignoring the momentary suppressed value of our investment. Just keep doing what your doing (as if you aren't already!)

XChat XLo9fHrgmhwzUJxQwkvTq1oWAoMqXHwCVi
PubKey 2
synechist
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2014, 11:40:58 PM

arlyn, all of a sudden we have a bunch of newb members holding huge conversations amongst themselves on this thread. it's comical from my perspective. reading through this thread the past weeks, i see that this team IS a focus group and any attempt at manufactured drama here is being ignored by those impressed by you, we are also ignoring the momentary suppressed value of our investment. Just keep doing what your doing (as if you aren't already!)

Thank you :-).

We'll press on. A lot of opinions are shared on threads, and they can strongly affect how people interpret XC's announcements in the short term.

However the facts speak for themselves, and this always wins out. And the future is precisely as bright as it was before.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
flashbit

Activity: 1008
Merit: 505

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 11:43:06 PM

On some positive news XC is still up over 15% in the past 30 days  Shocked
Pages: « 1 ... 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 [874] 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 ... 1628 »
  Print  

Jump to: