Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 07:53:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 [905] 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 ... 1628 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos  (Read 1483631 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
CryptoGretzky

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 06:40:31 AM

Hi guys, I haven't been following this thread for a while.

I have a quick question: Have you implemented  Xnode system where you stake the 550XC to run the node?

They removed the requirement to have 550 XC to be an Xnode.   That might change later on, but for now, you don't need it.  Every wallet is an Xnode now.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
leigh2k14
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 07:23:52 AM

I have a quick question: Have you implemented  Xnode system where you stake the 550XC to run the node?

They removed the requirement to have 550 XC to be an Xnode.   That might change later on, but for now, you don't need it.  Every wallet is an Xnode now.

I see. I think this is one of the reasons why this coin hasn't taken off, people want to earn extra coins through running a node, unless i'm mistaken and you get a payment for running a Xnode?

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄▄                   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄      ▄▄▄
████████████▄       ███                ▄███████████▄            ▄██████████      ███     ███▀
███     ▀▀███▌      ███               ████▀     ▀████         ▄███▀▀     ▀▀      ███    ███▀
███       ███▌      ███              ███▀         ▀███       ▄███                ███   ███
███     ▄███▀       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███  ███
██████████▀         ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███ ███
███▀▀▀▀▀████▄       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███  ███     ███           ███
███      ▀███▌      ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███   ███     ███         ███
███       ███▌      ███              ███▄         ▄███        ███                ███    ███     ███       ███
███     ▄▄███▌      ███               ████▄     ▄████         ▀███▄▄     ▄▄      ███     ███▄    ███▄   ▄███
████████████▀       ███████████        ▀███████████▀            ▀██████████      ███      ███▄    ███▄ ▄███
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀          ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                  ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀       ▀▀▀     ███▄███
                                                                                                    ▀███▀
                                                                                                     ▀█▀

Token Sale Starts on [ 12 October ]
[ PRESALE IS OPEN ] ●●●

cryptico

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 07:49:49 AM

I see. I think this is one of the reasons why this coin hasn't taken off, people want to earn extra coins through running a node, unless i'm mistaken and you get a payment for running a Xnode?

Yes but the payment has not yet been decided and is not active in the node yet. I think this will be added in Rev 2.5 Synechist might be able to clarify.

.WildBeastBlock.       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
  with New Wallet & Smart Message Insertion
  with Smart Doc Insertion
  Free WBB Chat App | Fully Secure and Private
leigh2k14
Legendary

Activity: 1288

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 07:58:24 AM

Yes but the payment has not yet been decided and is not active in the node yet. I think this will be added in Rev 2.5 Synechist might be able to clarify.

The sooner we get a fee for running an Xnode the sooner this coin takes off.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄▄                   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄      ▄▄▄
████████████▄       ███                ▄███████████▄            ▄██████████      ███     ███▀
███     ▀▀███▌      ███               ████▀     ▀████         ▄███▀▀     ▀▀      ███    ███▀
███       ███▌      ███              ███▀         ▀███       ▄███                ███   ███
███     ▄███▀       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███  ███
██████████▀         ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███ ███
███▀▀▀▀▀████▄       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███  ███     ███           ███
███      ▀███▌      ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███   ███     ███         ███
███       ███▌      ███              ███▄         ▄███        ███                ███    ███     ███       ███
███     ▄▄███▌      ███               ████▄     ▄████         ▀███▄▄     ▄▄      ███     ███▄    ███▄   ▄███
████████████▀       ███████████        ▀███████████▀            ▀██████████      ███      ███▄    ███▄ ▄███
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀          ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                  ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀       ▀▀▀     ███▄███
                                                                                                    ▀███▀
                                                                                                     ▀█▀

Token Sale Starts on [ 12 October ]
[ PRESALE IS OPEN ] ●●●

prospect

Activity: 270

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 08:39:31 AM

Ha looks like they have just about every crypto on there... I recently worked through the old thread for the DeFUD campaign so I'll send them a message and see what happens. I'll check out that thread as well.

Hey Driv3n. Exciting to hear about the progress of the DeFUD campaign. How far along are you?

I react to one thing in OP, using the short version "it'll" instead of "it will be" does not sound that professional. Call me a whiner Wink

Kind regards
Hermann1337
Legendary

Activity: 1003

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 08:40:29 AM

+1

waiting for this since i first heard the word xnode!
synechist
Legendary

Activity: 1190

To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2014, 09:53:54 AM

+1

Yes I think there is some degree of an incentive to use XC if Xnode fees are charged.

However I do not think the incentive is all that great, since the fees will not be particularly high.

(And if the fees were high, then we'd disincentivise people from using XC to make payments.)

To my mind by far the greatest incentive to invest in XC is its solid fundamentals. At this stage you make money out of investing early, not by processing transactions.

Transaction fees would become a viable income when XC becomes truly mainstream. Before then, they're just not that much of an incentive.

That said, we're still considering what fees will be charged for private transactions, and whether there's sufficient warrant for a minimum wallet balance. We will, of course, keep you posted on this as things develop.

Just don't expect it to change people's behaviour much when we announce these details. What'll change wallet usage is Privacy Mode and a great client for secure instant messaging, and those are on the way.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
cryptico

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 10:39:26 AM
Last edit: July 28, 2014, 11:01:28 AM by cryptico

Yes I think there is some degree of an incentive to use XC if Xnode fees are charged.

However I do not think the incentive is all that great, since the fees will not be particularly high.

(And if the fees were high, then we'd disincentivise people from using XC to make payments.)

To my mind by far the greatest incentive to invest in XC is its solid fundamentals. At this stage you make money out of investing early, not by processing transactions.

Transaction fees would become a viable income when XC becomes truly mainstream. Before then, they're just not that much of an incentive.

That said, we're still considering what fees will be charged for private transactions, and whether there's sufficient warrant for a minimum wallet balance. We will, of course, keep you posted on this as things develop.

Just don't expect it to change people's behaviour much when we announce these details. What'll change wallet usage is Privacy Mode and a great client for secure instant messaging, and those are on the way.

I am dazzled on How Professionally this project is being developed everything here screams Full Business approach and not just Crypto Price speculation coin... XC will be Indeed the Market Leader in the Crypto Economy in the near Future.

Superior Tech, amazing PR and the First Crypto managed as a real Company.

You are buying Early Shares in the most amazing innovative tek Company in the New Crypto Economy.

Congrats Folks!

.WildBeastBlock.       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
  with Smart Doc Insertion
rockstahh

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 11:10:20 AM

This is Synechist the morning that REV3 is released! ha ha...!

Done in the spirit of fun, I hope you can take a joke syne!

1MKvsb5ULZrJqX9UjBpgESvfn5ftSg85qH
synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2014, 11:19:12 AM

This is Synechist the morning that REV3 is released! ha ha...!

[Snip]

Done in the spirit of fun, I hope you can take a joke syne!

Ha ha! My goodness.

I'm having trouble maintaining my gaze on the screen with that gif cycling round!

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
CrazyLeoW

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

XC

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 11:26:26 AM

How about the UI update preview?  Grin

xchat: XNvUSCdvZgZcXsYd3Gs91w8tKQmeMKHS9G
Pubkey: 2Ax9bYXwifbqyxsmC9pbhfGyPoLJNf3wdtQ7dFdzKK1ZX
synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2014, 11:33:33 AM

Heh. Rev 2.5 ;-)

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
Queeq

Activity: 427

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 11:43:07 AM

Anything new to update daily update? Smiley http://xctalk.com/index.php?/topic/168-the-xc-daily-update/
cryptico

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 11:51:25 AM

Heh. Rev 2.5 ;-)

End Of July? Make me Jizz

.WildBeastBlock.       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
  with Smart Doc Insertion
tr8kr

Activity: 661

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 12:10:49 PM

+1

This an old post where i was suggesting some idea to support the cost of running an xnode and balance the fact that when you reserve a balance you dont stake that reserve and lost the 3,3% of interest in staking.
Right now i dont know if running the new wallet use again this reserve balance.

http://xctalk.com/index.php?/topic/71-xnode-and-the-incentive-to-run-it/

Using this technology for becoming anonym cant be free that my vision.

Discuss ?
hoertest

Activity: 882

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 12:11:54 PM

Heh. Rev 2.5 ;-)

please share the new privacy feature before. Also last try for new thread title. Cheesy
synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2014, 12:36:06 PM

+1

This an old post where i was suggesting some idea to support the cost of running an xnode and balance the fact that when you reserve a balance you dont stake that reserve and lost the 3,3% of interest in staking.
Right now i dont know if running the new wallet use again this reserve balance.

http://xctalk.com/index.php?/topic/71-xnode-and-the-incentive-to-run-it/

Using this technology for becoming anonym cant be free that my vision.

Discuss ?

At present it isn't free to make an anonymous transaction. It costs 0.00001XC, or something (can't remember).

You can run your Xnode and earn 3.33% interest on your entire balance; you no longer have to lose out on the interest on the 550XC that you previously had to reserve for an Xnode.

In future we may increase the transaction fee, and this would pay Xnode owners to keep their apps running. However I doubt that we'll do this for the following reasons:
- increasing fees will disincentivise people from using XC
- XChat will incentivise people to keep their apps running, so we won't need to provide a further incentive.

However there may still be use-cases for trusted Xnodes. In such cases there's a reason to require a minimum balance and charge higher fees. I'm honestly not sure what these use-cases are because I haven't chatted about it with Dan in enough detail yet, but this could be one (of several?) ways in which you can earn transaction fees for running an Xnode.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2014, 12:39:12 PM

Heh. Rev 2.5 ;-)

please share the new privacy feature before. Also last try for new thread title. Cheesy

The undisclosed privacy feature will come before Rev 2.5, because it's a Rev 2 feature. :-)

As for a new thread title, you'll have to ask Teka because he's the moderator. How about "[ANN][XCurrency] Trustless mixing; multipath; encrypted P2P instant messaging"

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
Driv3n

Activity: 364

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 12:54:41 PM

Heh. Rev 2.5 ;-)

End Of July? Make me Jizz

You mean that gif doesnt do it for you?? Cheesy
Artoodeetoo

Activity: 518

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 12:58:14 PM

REV 2.5 is end of July? Yay if thats correct..

One request if you please....   Please release it properly and not at 23:59 on the 31st in a non complete state Cheesy

Would rather have it as intended even if it means waiting longer.

DASH #DashDC #DashIntoDigitalCash
Pages: « 1 ... 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 [905] 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 ... 1628 »
  Print  

Jump to: