Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 04:00:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The Litecoin Development Club  (Read 24448 times)
StewartJ (OP)

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 14, 2012, 09:25:54 PM
Last edit: March 14, 2012, 10:10:10 PM by StewartJ

This thread should make note of the recent litecoin gpu mining software...

Write a blurb and provide a relevant thread link, I will post on the original post section.

Thanks!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Cosbycoin

Activity: 980
Merit: 506

View Profile
March 14, 2012, 09:26:42 PM

Just sent 1000 LTC to the faucet address: LVjTGE71w5UQj5bedEQNoVoxcXidBAbJ1D

Grin
StewartJ (OP)

Activity: 392

View Profile
March 14, 2012, 10:11:33 PM

Grin

Wow, that is very generous Cosby.

You have now been deemed a Litecoin "Angel."   Smiley
Cosbycoin

View Profile
March 14, 2012, 10:30:20 PM

There are rumors of people GPU mining litecoins with fairly decent results. But they're keeping the miner under wraps  Huh

The source is not credible. I recommend ignoring it until evidence is offered.

looks like this is now a reality
Cosbycoin

View Profile
March 14, 2012, 10:31:37 PM

Grin

Wow, that is very generous Cosby.

You have now been deemed a Litecoin "Angel."   Smiley

no problem...hope it helps!
bitcoinsarefun

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 15, 2012, 12:28:52 AM

Grin

thanks!
bitcoinsarefun

View Profile
March 16, 2012, 03:11:13 PM

Is there any interest out there for a litecoin tumbler service?

I've been playing around with creating a wallet site for litecoin lately and I thought that this might be a good feature for it or perhaps a standalone app
moocow1452

Activity: 240

Don't mind me.

View Profile
March 16, 2012, 03:30:05 PM

I know that Pool-X has an instawallet service, so you probably couldn't just make another clone. http://wallet.it.cx/
sexystick

Activity: 60

Bitcoin & Litecoin Accepted Here

View Profile
March 20, 2012, 12:17:24 PM

I would really like to create a vanity litecoin address website like www.bitaddress.org or www.firstbits.com but don't know how to write it.
With www.liteaddress.com already secured, would anyone have a clue where to start with getting something like this off the ground?
I'd be happy to donate LTC to get it going and can do the webdesign side of the project.
bitcoinsarefun

View Profile
March 20, 2012, 02:17:22 PM

I would really like to create a vanity litecoin address website like www.bitaddress.org or www.firstbits.com but don't know how to write it.
With www.liteaddress.com already secured, would anyone have a clue where to start with getting something like this off the ground?
I'd be happy to donate LTC to get it going and can do the webdesign side of the project.

hmm, that is actually pretty interesting ... I have some free time later this week, maybe I'll try to put something together by sunday ...
moocow1452

Don't mind me.

View Profile
March 20, 2012, 02:52:01 PM

Thinking that something this might be the way to go if we're looking at Litecoins as a micro-transaction currency. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=70067.0
sexystick

Activity: 60

Bitcoin & Litecoin Accepted Here

View Profile
March 20, 2012, 03:28:22 PM

hmm, that is actually pretty interesting ... I have some free time later this week, maybe I'll try to put something together by sunday ...

Cool!  I know many of us would love something like this and my guess is it's a jumpstart to more ecommerce sites possibly getting into LTC.
I'll start working on the design of www.liteaddress.com as well.
bitcoinsarefun

View Profile
March 25, 2012, 09:34:39 PM

Just thought I'd give an update, I have all the fundamental code written to generate a valid litecoin address in python. I will be putting together something not unlike www.bitaddress.org over the next few days.

I've also been playing around with vanity address generation:

here's the first one I generated: LYt7hkHw1ioCUM5QSeNq4YBqnSxyFuCKqa

I have lots more work to do obviously, but I figured I open the floor to see if anyone has any suggestions ...

LiteBit
Legendary

Activity: 1133
Merit: 1050

View Profile
March 26, 2012, 01:41:05 AM

This is exciting! I'll get a project page going on LiteBit for this...
moocow1452

Don't mind me.

View Profile
March 26, 2012, 01:14:08 PM

Just thought I'd give an update, I have all the fundamental code written to generate a valid litecoin address in python. I will be putting together something not unlike www.bitaddress.org over the next few days.

I have lots more work to do obviously, but I figured I open the floor to see if anyone has any suggestions ...

Are swears the new Hello, World?
bitcoinsarefun

View Profile
March 26, 2012, 01:15:08 PM

Are swears the new Hello, World?

Yes, or at least they are in my world ...

I know it's terribly infantile of me, but I get a kick out of it ... I also had a poo address Smiley

oh yeah - Generating/checking addresses in python is slow (duh) ... I'm thinking it may be worthwhile to just put a patch together for vanitygen since it does around 20k addies a second. I would think we'd only need to change one value ( version byte ) but I haven't looked yet
bitcoinsarefun

View Profile
March 27, 2012, 08:17:49 PM

I'm thinking it may be worthwhile to just put a patch together for vanitygen since it does around 20k addies a second. I would think we'd only need to change one value ( version byte ) but I haven't looked yet

Well, looks like vanitygen doesn't require a patch, I've been able to generate valid litecoin addresses like so ...

./vanitygen64.exe -X 48 -r (?i)van[i!1][t!7]y

Pattern: (?i)van[i!1][t!7]y
Address: LSp5HvaNityjQLBSRbTSnibx9Up5JAZvBL
Privkey: 6vV51a37XpQVryFPGD5pP4Zkk3QJEsug7PivgWpvf6KpzYAB7dF

Please feel free to take the litecoins at this address ...
PinkBatman

Activity: 267

View Profile
April 03, 2012, 09:51:31 PM

Does anyone have a vector or high res version of the litecoin logo?
matthewh3
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2012, 10:37:09 PM

For litecoin to grow then users who don't know about bitcoin will have to be introduced to litecoin. So a new website/introduction has to be created for litecoin for people totally new to crypto-currencies. It would be good if this website was also a faucet and online wallet too.

Tachikoma

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2012, 12:53:23 PM

Since the opening topic mentioned Litecoin based games I thought I would give my two cents.

I've been thinking of creating an economy based browser game where the in-game currency being used would be Litecoins (or exchanged for Litecoins). Since Litecoins are very easy generated at the moment and because of the low price it seems like a perfect blend of real-life vs game-life.

The game itself would be a mix of games like 'Transport Tycoon' mixed together with 'Sim City' elements. There would be a whole economical chain where users need to trade with other players to build their empire. For instance you transfer 100LC to the game and use half of this money to buy your first woodcutter factory. You would then need to acquire wood which you can buy (or trade) from an other player that decided to start out with a foresting service. You can use the logs you create to trade and sell on the market to players that want to build housing (or other stuff) using your logs. The idea is that the more work your factory does the better you will perform decreasing costs and/or producing more with the same amount of resources (thus encouraging specialization). There should always be resources on the market so the game itself will offer certain resources for a fixed price to make sure the circle doesn't break. The idea is that you can always withdraw your LC and thus in theory could make money playing the game (although considering the going rate you won't be making much). 

The idea itself is very raw at the moment. I have no clue how far to go with the resources. If you want to build factory do you need parts to build it? Do you need workers for your factory? Do you need food to feed the workers? Do the workers need housing? The answers to these questions will greatly determine the scope of the game as you can take this principle pretty far.

There are some possible caveats already.
  • Since you can buy in-game resources you are basically turning the game into a pay-to-win system. Pool operators can probably buy loads of factories / resources to get ahead in the game. I haven't decided if this is a real problem though. Real life is just so unfair, those who get born into money (or even born in a western country) often have a leg up in life. Since this game is mirroring real life economics it might not be such a bad idea to have this aspect of the game and not try to fight it.
  • For an economic game to work you require a large player base. LC's own userbase is very small already so in order to achieve enough traction you would require quite some marketing to attract enough people to make the game fun.

Before I even venture into thinking more about this I wanted to check to see if there are any things that I did not think off that can easily kill this idea. So please let me know what you think, would this be doable?

Electrum: the convenience of a web wallet, without the risks | Bytesized Seedboxes BTC/LTC supported
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: