Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 09:48:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Its so hard to buy bitcoin these days compared to 2011  (Read 3390 times)
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 12:57:16 AM

I agree with you I miss the days of wire transfers since it was a lot faster back then
Quickbt might work for you otherwise try the other posters suggestions above
Also avoid Chase bank their savings account is 0.001% ...
http://www.truth-out.org/buzzflash/commentary/if-you-put-250-in-a-chase-savings-account-you-ll-get-2-5-cents-in-yearly-interest-and-maybe-charged-4-a-month/18083-if-you-put-250-in-a-chase-savings-account-you-ll-get-2-5-cents-in-yearly-interest-and-maybe-charged-4-a-month

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2014, 02:39:33 AM

dont try bitplastic. its one of a number of scams owned by a guy named moriarty.

stick to local bitcoins and other tried and tested methods. see if there is a bitcoin ATM near you

I connected moriarty via a single hop to http://bpbtconsulting.com/opensource/reachmail-announces-wordpress-integration-business-wire-press-release/
Giulio Prisco

Activity: 173
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 07:05:20 AM

It's obvious that states put more and more regulations, restrictions and controls on online exchanges. This can only get worse.

The best is to buy/sell Bitcoins with cash.

People who want to exchange millions of dollars can meet in Nauru or similar places and transact cash-in-hand, like they do for other things.

The problem is for the little people (as usual). When Bitcoin will be more common it will be easy to exchange it in the street with strangers (like today in NYC we buy and sell cigarettes in the street at one buck per cigarette). Until that point, buy/sell Bitcoin will be a bottleneck.
keithers
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001

This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 07:22:09 AM

I don't think you would have problems with Bank of America and Coinbase. BofA for just about everything else is kind of crappy, but it works fine for BTC
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2384

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2014, 09:01:49 AM

CampBx in the US is decent.

I used to use them until Dwolla dropped them.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
bitcats
Legendary

Activity: 1014
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 10:10:37 AM
Last edit: June 02, 2014, 11:17:33 AM by bitcats

In matters of Bitcoin, they ask more&more AML/KYC stuff today. That's not how Bitcoin was meant to be used. Bitcoin stands for independency, decentralisation and personal freedom!

"Unser Problem ist nicht ziviler Ungehorsam, unser Problem ist ziviler Gehorsam."  - Howard Zinn
Sydboy

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 10:21:40 AM

I think the opposite. It is so easy now. so many companies.
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 11:19:41 AM

I don't think you would have problems with Bank of America and Coinbase. BofA for just about everything else is kind of crappy, but it works fine for BTC

Really from what I have read Bank of America sucks at most things so its good to know they are doing BTC fine.
If you want you should vouch for them in the Friendly list on the hostile and friendly banks thread
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=264679.0

Did note that BOA did value Bitcoin back in December a bit dated so I wonder what they would estimate it at now.
http://www.forbes.com/sites/samanthasharf/2013/12/05/bitcoin-gets-valued-bank-of-america-puts-a-price-on-the-virtual-tender/

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
yatsey87

Activity: 840
Merit: 509

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 02:19:49 PM

I don't think it's hard to buy bitcoin at all and its getting easier all the time. Obviously you should try avoid exchanges that require tedious verification etc, but there are many simple ways to get ahold of coins. You can always easily buy them on the marketplace here.
Beliathon

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2014, 02:21:38 PM

I disagree. Coinbase.com is my argument, as an American.

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
Munz77

Activity: 167

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 06:08:14 AM

In matters of Bitcoin, they ask moreandmore AML/KYC stuff today. That's not how Bitcoin was meant to be used. Bitcoin stands for independency, decentralisation and personal freedom! We shouldn't bend to all the rules they want to impose on us.

Its not just Bitcoin, all the financial institutions have to toughen up on KYC. Even just opening bank accounts. In June, the KYC is tightening up to the point that Australian banks have to ask people if they are American citizens. Bit weird.. Makes me think the USA is behind all the KYC crap.
Benjig

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 07:03:54 AM

Via local bitcoins i think is the fastest way.. or you can buy them via forum,.. i mean its not so difficult to buy them and if thats the case, thats good because once you buy them you wont sell them so easily
Bogleg

Activity: 185

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 10:00:16 AM

Locabitcoin is easy.

The exchange route will most likely get blocked by your own country banks.
ruggedman_dan
Legendary

Activity: 1012

We on P. Sherman 42 Wallaby Way, Sydney

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 02:17:24 PM

Just use lbc. The reason it is more expensive is because most other options suck massively.
Este Nuno
Legendary

Activity: 826

amarha

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 10:22:46 AM

back in 2011 all I had to do was send money via moneygram at walmart and BOOM! BTCs!!

now it seems like its so hard to purchase bitcoins even when the market's bigger.
I was considered a high risk from coinbase, they declined my transaction, (im not a high risk I have enough money),
kraken,BTC-e dont accept USD anymore, my bank CHASE about to shut my account because I was dealing with coinbase..
I don't know where I should go to buy bitcoins at market price (localbitcoin is too expensive)

So ironic and funny..

Im gonna try bitstamp tonight..any words of advice will be helpful

If I remember correctly back when we could buy btc at Walmart that was when Bitinstant was still around and they got in trouble with the gov for facilitating silk road users or something similar.

One thing that we have going for us now is localbitcoins, which I've found to be pretty good. You being an American you could almost certainly go on there now and find a trade. Heck, there's even a bunch of people using PayPal on there(be extra cautious of that though).

Circle is supposedly coming soon and I think people are expecting the to make things easier/better. We'll see how that works out. Not holding my breath.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: