Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 01:49:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Moneybookers closed my account!!!!!!!! Anti-Bitcoin policy !!!! 2-12-2012  (Read 19176 times)
ColdHardMetal

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 12, 2012, 12:50:24 AM

Looks like Paxum is doing the same thing. Interesting timing.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=63431.msg742945

Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
finway

Activity: 714

View Profile
February 12, 2012, 04:58:34 PM

They sucks.

ziomik
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1009

SELL bitcoinmarket.net | bitcoinitalia.com SELL

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2012, 12:20:08 PM

I am in the same situation. My account opened 4 years ago, has been locked. They want to scan my ID card and proof of address. I'm not a thug but I'm treated as such. This story is not over.

Look italian forum bitcoin: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=63751.0

DOMINI IN VENDITA/NOLEGGIO
bitcoinmarket.net | bitcoinitalia.com

Contattatemi pure per info.
---- +++ ----
"Se domani senti due massaie che parlano di bitcoin tra di loro dal macellaio, forse e' il momento di vendere.. se pero' le sentirai fra 10 anni forse staranno solo pagando il conto" GBianchi
---- +++ ----
R04dRunn3r (OP)

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 14, 2012, 04:52:11 PM
Last edit: February 14, 2012, 07:08:01 PM by R04dRunn3r

I am in the same situation. My account opened 4 years ago, has been locked. They want to scan my ID card and proof of address. I'm not a thug but I'm treated as such. This story is not over.

Look italian forum bitcoin: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=63751.0

Same with me, I was treated as a criminal to.
The US gov is trying to destroy every thing that has to do something with Bitcoin.
Paypal was pushed into banning all Bitcoin related accounts.
Look at what happend to Paxum, they closed all Bitcoin related accounts under pressure of Mastercard.
Tradehill Shutdown because of the US CA Money Transmission Act.
And it's not only the US gov that's actively involved in presenting Bitcoin to the general public as a way to buy illegal drugs or money laundering.
So in the eyes of the general public that makes Bitcoin bad. Because they don't know any better and most them believe anything that the gov tells.

And secondly, goverments activetly try to destroy anythings that makes it easy for the civilians to go around there system, and we all know that the system only serves those who control it.
The Dutch (Netherlands) goverment had a undercover secret agent telling a crime reporter how pedofiles use TOR and Bitcoin, he is partial right but that's not the complete story ofcourse.
And in one of his other shows he did exactly the same as in the "ABC Silk Road Bitcoin newsreport", Bought some Bitcoin with which he bought drugs on hidden marketplace. Boohoohoo, like that is so socking!!!
But you how politician are.... so now every Dutch politician is screaming to make TOR and Bitcoin illegal.
There where even dutch politician that never heard of TOR and have no idea what it is, but still they think I should be made illegal!

So yeah....... whe are all pretty F'd.
On one hand whe have corrupt bankers and politicians who do anything to protect there bussiness model.
And one the other hand whe have naive under a rock living lawmakers and politicians

(Naive bankers are eaten by there fellow bankers, so there are no naive bankers, anyway not the ones who are running the show)

Nuff complaning 4 now.
UnderGod

Activity: 163
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 14, 2012, 08:10:27 PM

Pitty to hear they're still doing that...
Got closed of last year in september, just 3 weeks after receiving my mastercard I bought from them...
I could retreive the money that was stored on the account, but other that that I couldn't do anything with it anymore.

It sucks :p After some less than happy trades with paypal, I too thought I found the ideal way to trade btc for some cold hard cash, but after about 3 months of trading the happy days were over :-/

So yes: don't open an account at moneybookers for trading btc, wich is really a pitty, since I could send/retreive money from them directly from my bank account Sad
max in montreal

Activity: 504

View Profile
February 14, 2012, 08:35:04 PM

why do you have to say its for btc?
UnderGod

Activity: 163

View Profile
February 14, 2012, 08:46:25 PM

Never told them... But one person on an exchange site apparently thought he could do the same on moneybookers as on paypal: revoke payment for "non delivered good", wich immediately locked my account, and got notices 2 weeks afterward that my account was going to be closed and that I could take the money from it only by bank wire, I couldn't use any of their services anymore
Harsh way to handle customers imo
R04dRunn3r (OP)

View Profile
February 14, 2012, 09:04:01 PM

Why should I not tell them I use it for Bitcoins.
max in montreal

Activity: 504

View Profile
February 14, 2012, 09:09:25 PM

ok tell them... Huh
R04dRunn3r (OP)

View Profile
February 14, 2012, 10:43:42 PM

ok tell them... Huh

Yeah I know, I made a mistake. Shouldn't told them I used the account for Bitcoins. But it shouldn't even be illegal, no company or government should have the right to control to what is and what's not to be traded on the internet, this ofcourse to a certain degree. you should not have the right to buy a n-b0mb.
Hoang

Activity: 5

View Profile
February 17, 2012, 04:26:39 PM

I met this problem before, all they said was that for security purposes, crazy, but they solved fast when you supplied all scans!
malavita

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 17, 2012, 04:53:47 PM

Happened to me too about a month ago, supplied all scans, got my account verified + explanation on how funds were received, they were OK with it and cleared the withdrawal. Had two more go through without problems until this week when I got this:

"Dear Mr. XXXXXXX,

Thank you for choosing Moneybookers as your online payment processor.
Please be kindly advised that part of the funds in your account originated from an account connected to Internet gambling.
Due to restrictions imposed by US legislation, we cannot process withdrawals to the USA from Moneybookers accounts that have been used in connection with Internet gambling.
We kindly ask you to choose another option to spend those funds.

We appreciate your understanding.

Best regards,

Moneybookers Security"

To which I replied:

"Hello,

Sounds good - please provide details of the transaction(s) in question so that I can take appropriate measures on my side.  I can easily blacklist any users not complying with your policies from my end.  I'm OK on you not being send all funds my way, just withhold the amounts not in compliance with your policies and transfer the remainder - I will figure out another way to use them.

Best regards!"

Final response from MB after a followup call to their support line where they agreed with me on the fact that I couldn't possibly know the source of funds I get paid with by other MB users :

"Dear Mr. XXXXXXX,

Thank you for your reply.
Unfortunately we are not able to provide the requested information.
We kindly ask you to choose and alternative option of spending those funds. You may spend your balance for purchasing goods and services from online retail merchants who have integrated Moneybookers as a payment option on their websites. You may also send your funds to other Moneybookers account holders through the [Send Money] section of your Moneybookers account
Please accept our apologies for the caused inconvenience.
Best Regards,

Moneybookers Security"

As far as I'm concerned MB is not BTC-friendly and I'm done w/ them - just my two cents Smiley

Somebody's gotta finance this revolution - you can help by donating supplies, ammo, field hospital beds or simply BTCs here: 1QBNASECM8z2LLojkqZH3s2F8Ur7nhafNc
CrownCloud

Activity: 467
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 17, 2012, 05:24:42 PM

First Paxum stopped accepting BitCoin related transactions and now Moneybookers, hope LibertyReserve dont follow them !

CrownCloud - Internet Services
Dedicated servers, OpenVZ and KVM based VPSes and  in 4 locations. (We accept Bitcoin !)
http://crowncloud.net/
R04dRunn3r (OP)

View Profile
February 17, 2012, 06:24:31 PM
Last edit: February 18, 2012, 09:31:27 AM by R04dRunn3r

LibertyReserve is based in San José, Costa Rica, I don't think that the US gov have there political tentacles spreading that far.
Canada, New Zealand, the Netherlands, that I understand they are like little puppies in Obama's arms.
Lets see what happens to LBR, you never know what the US gov is going to do next.
They shutdown MegaUpload and arrested people IN New Zealand, so maybe nobody is safe for the F.B.I (F*cked By Incompetence).
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
February 17, 2012, 06:55:40 PM

I sell BTC using PayPal (nightmare) any 'profit' that was made is slowly going back due to Credit-card charge-back fraud.

I know for a fact PP will randomly select you out if the person you had dealings with is in a dispute with someone else ( doesn't have to be you ). They are trying to check out the other person by checking your dealings with them, they don't tell you this of course and say that its a random check. Then, of course, when you don't have proof you 'mailed' it, they take your funds and return them. I don't see MB being any different. You would have been better off not mentioning the "B" word.

Just happened to me. Guy paid for 2 different auctions over 3 days, 3 weeks later PP disputes just 1 of our transactions, because one of his customers complained about him 2 weeks after the fact. So they randomly select people that had dealings with him and finds me 'guilty' of not "mailing it" and gave his money back. Even tho our transaction was NEVER in dispute, I lost. Sounds like/feels like, theft to me.

I contacted my customer and he gladly resent it. (he mustva been screwed by PP at one time too).

I tried once months ago to get my money back in another situation. After 4 days on the phone with 'support' and 20 pages of Docs proving my story that we were both getting screwed by the same guy, I had it, and give up.... And thats the way they like it.

Look at the Seller Protection Policy - if you didn't ship it, you shit outta luck. Im sure MB is no different

Video Proof??

Doesn't it amaze you that you can show "real proof" and nobody cares. (20 pages of Docs, IP tracking, used old BC addresses, timestamps, IP stamping, blockchain tracking, email header info matching the IP info on your own damned servers, I had this SOB by the short and curlies, he re-used the BC address he used months ago in a legitimate transaction, and the rest of the info just snowballed) but do you have a copy of the box you shipped with a stamp on it?<-- thats all they wanted.

Show them a "video" of proof and they are spellbound and drooling (v-v-v-video) - any fool with a comp and MicroMovieMaker can fake it.

How many people do you know like having their BTC's Shipped in the mail Huh Sellers beware. I'm sure every credit card type company has the same type policy's.
I'd just ship them via a piece of paper.  Tell them that you are selling a private key with the funds, and it will be mailed.  Prove of shipment for paypal disputes, so you should be covered.
danish

Activity: 45

View Profile
February 18, 2012, 08:01:22 AM

My account was frozen too! I've sent them the documents. Hopefully it will be unlocked or it's a good-bye to $300. :?
R04dRunn3r (OP)

View Profile
February 18, 2012, 09:35:25 AM

My account was frozen too! I've sent them the documents. Hopefully it will be unlocked or it's a good-bye to $300. :?

When they close your account, they do give you the option to withdraw your money. I got my money back in they end but it's still BS that they locked the account in the first place.
DiThi

Activity: 156

Firstbits: 1dithi

View Profile
February 18, 2012, 10:32:36 AM

I always send payments as donations. My new bank has a drop-down list for selecting the purpose of the wire, and I select "unregistered donation" there.

I donate money, people donate me bitcoins. Sometimes it's the opposite.

If the sender of the money issues a chargeback, you lose the money, but that's the purpose of bitcoin.de ratings. Better to lose small amounts than have an account frozen. I can't wait to have ratings at bitmarket.eu.

1DiThiTXZpNmmoGF2dTfSku3EWGsWHCjwt
kneim
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 29, 2012, 09:32:54 PM

My moneybookers account was locked twice in quick succession. I think, they do not want Bitcoins traded, and consider Bitcoins as an (inofficial) currency. So I do not use moneybookers for Bitcoin trades any more.

At the end of last year I validated my account, just for not running into a locked account.

At January they locked it the first time, wanted me to give them information about the type of deal I have got money from, and the relationship to the sender.

After telling them the money was got from repayed lending (very close to the truth), they released my account.

I withdrawed my money to my personal banking account completely and successfully.

A few days later they locked my account again:
In order to be able to unlock your account, we kindly ask you to give us a detailed explanation for your activities and also more information for the games you are selling virtual currency(where we can find them, any related URLs)

I'm not a gambler, I never sold a game in my live, and I really believe in BTC as an alternative and stable concurrency.

I planned to use moneybookers mastercard for withdrawing money on holiday. But I'm sure now, I will not. There is no confidence any more (same as with PayPal and OkPay).

Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 29, 2012, 10:41:58 PM

Better to ditch all those payment processors altogether.
As time goes by I love Bitcoin more and more.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: