Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:52:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 1 free bitcoin  (Read 3265 times)
Electricbees

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

We are bees, and we hate you.

View Profile
February 09, 2012, 06:32:26 AM

FIRST POST.

Donations are welcome!
1BEES19ds5gEnRBoU1qNFPfjRXe94trMG3

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
red123 (OP)

Activity: 244

View Profile
February 09, 2012, 06:35:32 AM

Hmm.. Question, do you (red123) count? If you do, then isn't rjk the winner? 1: Someone Weird 2: You (1 and 2 are interchangeable) 3. BrightAnarchist 4. Dansko 5. Pay-btc (his post seems to have disappeared, but he still posted. You shouldn't allow the deletion of posts, but even if they are deleted, it should still count in order to be fair) 6. viboracecata and 7. rjk

No my post does not count.

1. SomeoneWeird
2. Pay-btc
3. BrightAnarchist
4. Dankso
5. viboracecata
6. rjk
7. Mason

As you can see Paybtc was accounted for.

Again it isn't the posts that make the difference, it's the usernames. Those are the names in order who have responded individually to this thread. Pay-btc originally erased his post making him the second person and posted again but I still counted him for the post he erased.

People could technically delete their posts if I had said the 20th person and it took a while. This was not really a contest more so than a gauge of forum activity in preparation for future contests. Sometimes other members policing each other is the best way these things will work.
brendio

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 09, 2012, 10:46:01 AM

Surely you are the first poster.

Maybe next time do this in the auction thread so people can't delete or edit posts.

payb.tc

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 09, 2012, 11:36:42 AM

that's what i thought too.

red123 most certainly posted in this thread.
mahingupta

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 09, 2012, 12:12:18 PM

he he he  (rofl)
I love this forum sometimes.. sometimes people cry for 1 BTC and start bitch fight and sometimes people just throw away BTC for fun.. Smiley
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2012, 12:58:56 PM

Why would his own post count?  Get a grip people.

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
payb.tc

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 09, 2012, 01:24:18 PM

Why would his own post count?

uh, because he said 'posters in this thread'.

...and the only way to say that is by posting in this thread.
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2012, 01:56:14 PM

When someone posts a thread to give away stuff, I think it's reasonable to assume they aren't going to be participating.

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
red123 (OP)

View Profile
February 09, 2012, 02:07:09 PM
Last edit: February 09, 2012, 02:18:16 PM by red123

When someone posts a thread to give away stuff, I think it's reasonable to assume they aren't going to be participating.

Thank you.

My post should count because I posted in a thread, that would not exist without that said post?  That doesn't make any sense. If this is the sort of logic confuses you please don't play my giveaways.

In the end I find it doesn't matter. I do giveaways at another site and I find there are members who like to criticize and ruin these contests for the other forums members. Some cause commotion in the threads, others whine and complain and some try to over analyze the rules and apply no logical sense and then start flaming.

I am not sure why but so be it. In the end, these are my giveaways and I make the rules. If you think it's unfair because I did not do something you thought I would and didn't state it, again don't play my giveaways.

If you feel uncomfortable not knowing the rules about one of my giveaways, don't participate.

If I have to get strict about who plays and what not then I guess I can do so. I keep these people on a list and they are not allowed to participate. Does it stop the bitching? No, but at least I gave them a valid reason to bitch.

Maybe next time do this in the auction thread so people can't delete or edit posts.

Thanks for letting me know people can't delete their posts in the auction section. I will do the next one in the auction section.
red123 (OP)

View Profile
February 09, 2012, 02:19:58 PM

Mason can you please confirm you have received your bitcoin? It'd be helpful if the winners would do this to encourage more players in the future.
Dansker

Activity: 740
Merit: 500

Hello world!

View Profile
February 09, 2012, 07:57:24 PM

CLAIMS TO WIN AFTER CONTEST ENDS - DOESN'T POST BTC ADDRESS

the joint
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020

View Profile
February 09, 2012, 08:19:56 PM

It's funny how people argue that some assumptions are more-or-less 'obvious' (e.g. that the OP obviously doesn't count as a poster).

There is no good reason to make any assumption other than to assume that the rules are confined to the language used in the OP and nothing else.  Extrapolating something that isn't there is dumb.

From an outside point of view, OP 'obviously' counts as a poster and there was nothing that would indicate otherwise.

Another example of a bad assumption is to assume that a contest in which 'free' (definitely not the case here, this is a skills-based contest) money is awarded to the winner should never elicit arguments from participants questioning the clarity of the rules.

It's not bitching, or moaning, or selfishness, or anything of the sort.  The only reason people assume that it's bitching is because of the amount of BTC involved and because they think that not arguing about it somehow makes them a better person or cooler or more 'mature.' 

Make the game clear, or don't (not specifically directed to the OP, but to contest-holders in general).  But if you don't, don't be surprised when people call you out on your lack of clarity, especially if they have a stake in your game.

red123 (OP)

View Profile
February 09, 2012, 09:04:41 PM

It's funny how people argue that some assumptions are more-or-less 'obvious' (e.g. that the OP obviously doesn't count as a poster).

There is no good reason to make any assumption other than to assume that the rules are confined to the language used in the OP and nothing else.  Extrapolating something that isn't there is dumb.

From an outside point of view, OP 'obviously' counts as a poster and there was nothing that would indicate otherwise.

Another example of a bad assumption is to assume that a contest in which 'free' (definitely not the case here, this is a skills-based contest) money is awarded to the winner should never elicit arguments from participants questioning the clarity of the rules.

It's not bitching, or moaning, or selfishness, or anything of the sort.  The only reason people assume that it's bitching is because of the amount of BTC involved and because they think that not arguing about it somehow makes them a better person or cooler or more 'mature.'  

Make the game clear, or don't (not specifically directed to the OP, but to contest-holders in general).  But if you don't, don't be surprised when people call you out on your lack of clarity, especially if they have a stake in your game.

I call it bitching because if you notice, everyone does it AFTER THE FACT. As in they don't ask the question, just bring it up when it doesn't suite them. If you really wanted to know why not ask a question before you post?  Also I already sated what you need to do if you think I am being 'too unclear' in this post which I have in bold for anyone confused. If you are still confused after these posts I am afraid I cannot help you.

This is a free bitcoin because any time you spend trying to win it is equaled by the time I have to moderate and determine a winner. People don't get paid for time here, this is mean to be something fun. If you don't agree with anything I do? Don't participate. You say, too bad expect people to complain anyways? I call that bitching. I have a feeling my banned list is going to be rather long on this site.

If you think it's unfair because I did not do something you thought I would and didn't state it, again don't play my giveaways.

If you feel uncomfortable not knowing the rules about one of my giveaways, don't participate.

Surely you can't still be confused after those statements.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: