Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 11:23:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What's to be done when a huge quantity of bitcoins is stolen?(+1% of world btc)  (Read 2837 times)
5flags

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

Professional anarchist

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2014, 02:40:35 PM

Bad example. According to the bible, Jesus told us to be kind to others.

Wait, are you comparing yourself to Jesus? You mentioned him just now!

Where do Mandela and King say, that you should stay in your country and hide from the government, like you do?

Can you cite an example of where I said I hide from the government? Seriously, how many straw man arguments can one poster erect in one thread?

Therefor you say: "Where would my country(obviously not-USA) be, when I would leave it?" I think, it would do just fine.

You're now combining the straw man with the non-sequitur. I am saying - where would we be, as a species, if everyone ran away from injustice, like you advocate.

Staying in their country isn't the main thing, that defines this people.

I do believe you're getting it! Staying in the country isn't the main thing. Resisting injustice is the main thing. If that means staying in the country, then it means staying in the country.

Where would Cuba be, if Che hasn't killed a lot of people? According to your logic, I should kill some people.

...please, on behalf of everyone, don't ever take a job which involves logic.

Edit: In fact, it's probably better for everyone if you avoid firearms, pointy objects and heavy machinery.

http://5fla.gs - @5flags on Twitter

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ShakyhandsBTCer

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

It's Money 2.0| It’s gold for nerds | It's Bitcoin

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 07:06:21 PM

From where you'll draw the line? Tell me why a 1% robbery of the coins should be treated any more differently than someone stealing 0.5% of the coins. If we block or destroy the Stolen Gox coins, then people will ask why this was not done earlier, in the case of Silk Road and other robberies.

There would be no real way to "destroy" the stolen GOX coins, nor any other stolen coin.

Almost all bitcoin robberies have coins moved around several times, often through tumblers, and always with some kind of miners fee.

Some of the stolen coins would be in the hands of the miners, some would be in the hands of tumblers' shareholders and the rest cannot be traced with 100% certainty.
Beliathon

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2014, 07:09:09 PM

Well, in the history books there's many examples of government stealing from their People.
You don't have to read a history book for examples of government stealing from their people. Fiat inflation IS theft. They're doing it right now. They were doing it yesterday. They'll be doing it tomorrow.

That's why the dollar is a dead thing walking.

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: