Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 12:32:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Yubikey stolen  (Read 1174 times)
aqueous (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 11, 2012, 08:20:19 PM

I had my backpack with my yubikey, wallet, phone, basically my entire life stolen. I cannot access my mtgox account with $2000 in it. I have been talking with support for a week but they cannot seem to get the yubikey disabled, or maybe I am just being impatient. I wouldn't think it would be that hard to disable. I have already proven my identity by giving them many facts about the account. They are not questioning that. I am just wondering if this has ever happened to anyone else. I am trying not to bother them much but I am pretty concerned that I just lost $2000.
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Lord F(r)og
Donator

Activity: 477
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 11, 2012, 08:25:19 PM

sorry for that but just order a new yubikey. yubikey can't be used without your username and password. dunno if the old yubikey is disabled when ordering a new one. btw got a yubikey with logo?
aqueous (OP)

View Profile
February 11, 2012, 08:28:36 PM

How do I order a new one when I can't even login?

No it didn't have logo luckily, so the thief wont know what it is.
Lord F(r)og
Donator

View Profile
February 11, 2012, 08:33:37 PM

https://yubikey.mtgox.com/

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?&topic=61997

In case your yubikey is lost, you will be able to order a new one with only your username and password. This will require you to perform no successful login for a few days, and to have enough on your account to buy a new yubikey.
aqueous (OP)

View Profile
February 11, 2012, 08:38:38 PM

I don't get the option when I try to login, and I haven't had a successful login for 2 weeks now.  Undecided

Not looking good from the end of that thread...
Lord F(r)og
Donator

View Profile
February 11, 2012, 08:45:16 PM

yep, looks similar. sorry but that's all I know jet.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: