Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 03:38:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: WARNING: Crypto::stocks currently not allowing withdrawals  (Read 4219 times)
nwfella (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1000

Well hello there!

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 06:34:56 PM

Anybody considering purchasing any digital assets off of crypto::stocks needs to be made aware:

DVC, LTC, and BTC wallets are supposedly offline (preventing one from withdrawing) even though it seems to be accepting dividend payments from asset owners for shares held any attempt to withdraw your coins will currently fail.

¯¯̿̿¯̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿̿)͇̿̿)̿̿̿̿ '̿̿̿̿̿̿\̵͇̿̿\=(•̪̀●́)=o/̵͇̿̿/'̿̿ ̿ ̿̿

Gimme the crypto!!
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
fluffypony
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060

GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2014, 06:45:04 PM

Anybody considering purchasing any digital assets off of crypto::stocks needs to be made aware:

DVC, LTC, and BTC wallets are supposedly offline (preventing one from withdrawing) even though it seems to be accepting dividend payments from asset owners for shares held any attempt to withdraw your coins will currently fail.

I don't like CryptoStocks at all, but the two things you've mentioned are completely disparate and can run in isolation. In order to accept dividend payments all it needs to do is run a node and watch the blockchain ("watch only" style). To withdraw funds, though, that's a hot wallet and would normally be on separate infrastructure if they have any semblance of a clue.

nwfella (OP)
Legendary

Well hello there!

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 06:52:00 PM
Last edit: May 30, 2014, 09:00:19 PM by nwfella

I don't like CryptoStocks at all, but the two things you've mentioned are completely disparate and can run in isolation. In order to accept dividend payments all it needs to do is run a node and watch the blockchain ("watch only" style). To withdraw funds, though, that's a hot wallet and would normally be on separate infrastructure if they have any semblance of a clue.
You do raise an interesting point.  However, the fact remains it doesn't seem to be a very high priority for the fella in charge.  These hot-wallets, if indeed that's even how he has them structured have now been down for several days.

*so now it appears as though dividends are being delayed yet again.  Was kinda hoping I was wrong about not having a multi-tiered wallet situation going on.

Gimme the crypto!!
drmavis

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 03:01:42 AM

And to add to this warning, I tried to deposit 0.1 BTC to my CryptoStocks account today and it has not shown up in my account despite 10 confirmations. I submitted a support request but they administrators have not historically been very communicative.

I think with all of the exchange competition, someone needs to create a more reliable Cryptostocks exchange!
Chef Ramsay
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 03:03:44 AM

And to add to this warning, I tried to deposit 0.1 BTC to my CryptoStocks account today and it has not shown up in my account despite 10 confirmations. I submitted a support request but they administrators have not historically been very communicative.

I think with all of the exchange competition, someone needs to create a more reliable Cryptostocks exchange!
When they were down and out yesterday, I was able to get a div from one of the ventures on there but not a likely payment from one of the sig sponsors here. They better run an audit soon.
nwfella (OP)
Legendary

Well hello there!

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 06:43:33 AM

Have actually been discussing this very topic with a couple of my friends.  Though CS has been around for quite sometime, it's becoming more and more apparent that Kumala doesn't seem to spend a whole lotta time even making sure his sites wallet's are working.  Add to this the ridiculous fee's, 0 due-diligence, and serious lack of support we've all agreed that CS's time is limited at best barring some sort of major delta in Kumala's modus operandi of who gives a flying-<beep>.

Decentralized exchanges are the next logical step in my opinion.  It seems that no matter how decent the intentions anyone of these fellas starts off with, at some point in time they all ultimately let the greed get the better of them and head for the proverbial hill's with everybody's bitcoin.  I really hope I'm wrong about the operator(s) of this exchange (not convinced there is more than 1), but it's not looking good.  :/

Gimme the crypto!!
beaknuke

Activity: 412
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 02:18:59 PM

the stocks are doing deals as well for this weekend, i have a 0.1 BTC on the way to Cryptostocks but fails to show.

Last time this happened the BTC address was missing about a month ago, I also raised it via email but to be ignored until Monday Morning.

So I am wondering if the chap who runs the site? why dont they have more staff that might work weekends?!

fluffypony
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2014, 06:14:21 PM

the stocks are doing deals as well for this weekend, i have a 0.1 BTC on the way to Cryptostocks but fails to show.

Last time this happened the BTC address was missing about a month ago, I also raised it via email but to be ignored until Monday Morning.

So I am wondering if the chap who runs the site? why dont they have more staff that might work weekends?!

It's run by Kumala.

You may know him from his other popular scam, Vircurex.

http://www.cryptoarticles.com/crypto-news/2014/3/24/vircurex-freezes-users-withdrawals-the-next-mt-gox

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=569037.0;all

He hasn't been around here since April 11th when he posted in this thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=140700.0;all

nwfella (OP)
Legendary

Well hello there!

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 11:17:40 PM
Last edit: June 01, 2014, 07:09:54 AM by nwfella

Just tried withdrawing LTC, DVC, and BTC yet again.  Wallets still offline :/

Way to stay on top of things Kumala

**So now we have MSP, DEBT, and KINETICS all requesting that we disclose our e-mail addresses given how shaky things have been at CS lately I can't really blame them...this is really getting pathetic!  No sense crying over satoshi's lost I guess. 

***Have a feeling the fat lady is warming up on CS fellas.

Gimme the crypto!!
bitsword

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 07:22:59 AM

As I understand, all wallets on CS are offline. So probably it just needs restart.

If he was going to scam, he would let people deposit, so he can get more

There are Cryptsy shares on CS, do you thik BigVern would let it slide if its scam?
fluffypony
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2014, 07:39:20 AM

As I understand, all wallets on CS are offline. So probably it just needs restart.

If he was going to scam, he would let people deposit, so he can get more

There are Cryptsy shares on CS, do you thik BigVern would let it slide if its scam?

It's either a scam or an extremely inept operator. Which would make you sleep better at night?

badpeanut

Activity: 333
Merit: 251

Karma is a Btc

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 01:33:43 AM

Ticker "COIN" has just paid dividend to share holders. I wonder if CS wallet is still offline, can anyone confirm?
E.Sam

Activity: 393
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2014, 02:11:36 AM

Maybe Kumala could ask for usagi's help, I heard he's quite good with online wallets.
germanjew

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 07:21:17 AM

I almost listed something on Cryptostocks, but think I will wait and reassess before I do. What we need as a community is to not accept these low standards of service. I really like the idea of what Cryptostocks provides and there definitely is a gap in the market for it, but their execution is terrible. Does anyone know of similar security exchanges? Havelock Investments seems decent, but there are very few securities listed on their exchange.
Anotheranonlol

Activity: 588
Merit: 504

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 07:27:15 AM

Maybe Kumala could ask for usagi's help, I heard he's quite good with online wallets.

great idea, perhaps tradefortress, ukyo and karpeles can lend a hand too, all star lineup creating a killer exchange platform

AcoinL.L.C
Legendary

Activity: 1036

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 05:10:51 PM

I almost listed something on Cryptostocks, but think I will wait and reassess before I do. What we need as a community is to not accept these low standards of service. I really like the idea of what Cryptostocks provides and there definitely is a gap in the market for it, but their execution is terrible. Does anyone know of similar security exchanges? Havelock Investments seems decent, but there are very few securities listed on their exchange.

Havelock's volume is a few times that of cryptostocks. While the variety of shares is important, its better to list on an exchange with good volume than an exchange with no volume and tons of listings (such as cryptostocks)
nwfella (OP)
Legendary

Well hello there!

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 05:35:40 PM

Ticker "COIN" has just paid dividend to share holders. I wonder if CS wallet is still offline, can anyone confirm?
Confirmed.

Just tried withdrawing my DVC, still getting wallet offline error

lmao at the Karpeles, Ukyo, tradefortress.io lending kumala a hand to get things back online...that was funny in a painful sort of way

Gimme the crypto!!
badpeanut

Activity: 333
Merit: 251

Karma is a Btc

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 06:16:41 PM

damit, its time to panic buy whats left in our account?

Tbh i was afraid of this weeks ago that this turned into vicurex saga sigh
jonsi
Legendary

Activity: 1397
Merit: 1019

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 06:30:09 PM

I really don't understand why people keept their money with Kumala after Vircurex fiasco. Maybe they are stuck in "securities" with neverending IPO's, is this the explanation?
Anyway, cryptostocks is a joke aproaching to it's end.
lynn_402

Activity: 462
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 06:31:43 PM

This should raise a red flag about their listing. If they've managed to pay dividends while wallets are not working, this might mean that they never actually used the funds raised on CS, and simply redistribute them to the stock-holders in a pyramid scheme.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: