Bitcoin Forum
September 23, 2017, 05:55:48 AM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.0.1  [Torrent]. (New!)

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wolf's XMR/BCN/DSH CPUMiner - 2x speed compared to LucasJones' - NEW 06/20/2014  (Read 398640 times)
delicopsch56

Activity: 56

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 10:06:13 AM

Iptables has a couple counterintuitive concepts that aren't flat apparent, reminds me of a crazy commission determination engine I worked on once.  I can't give you a better answer than that because I'm not highly knowledgeable about it myself and my unix machines are all fine now and it's been awhile since I had an iptables problem.  I **think** I solved my last issue by an answer at stackexchange.

You can keep digging at iptables via that suggestion and you may find your answer, but DDOS attack and protection is very hard even for the folks that are experts in that or can throw lots of money to those folks to help.  Honestly I'd start with switching VPS to one that provides DDOS as part of the package if I couldn't solve in a couple days.  Sometimes throwing money at it *IS* the best way to solve a problem.

I have a friend that manages linux but he does not know anything about mining and he tells me that he needs to know the port that the program uses input and output data so he can free the traffic in it ... I am gathering the maximum information Possible and passing to him and then see what you can try. The site that I'm using is easier and spends little to account for ... the others that have protection are more expensive and at the moment I'm in the test base trying to find a place to replace the amazon because the accounts do not last Nor 4 hours more or does not release limits. It just does not work anymore.

I try in stackwebsite ..... but if anyone else has an idea ....

*sorry fot my bad english. i use google translate to help me Cheesy

That's fine.  I'm understanding you ok.   If you really trust your friend and you believe he can solve, and there isn't a lot of risk, add him as admin temporarily and let him have a look.  You can change passwords, 2FA, etc after. 

Another alternative is to test small scale at another location you OWN, testbed, maybe at home, behind any decent recent router that can drop DOS attacks.  Change a bunch of stuff, different mining account, wallet, etc, for that and then you will possibly have more time for you and\or him to try to poke and prod at something that stays running without getting shut down real fast.

Baby steps.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
kattycris

Activity: 23

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 10:19:09 AM

Iptables has a couple counterintuitive concepts that aren't flat apparent, reminds me of a crazy commission determination engine I worked on once.  I can't give you a better answer than that because I'm not highly knowledgeable about it myself and my unix machines are all fine now and it's been awhile since I had an iptables problem.  I **think** I solved my last issue by an answer at stackexchange.

You can keep digging at iptables via that suggestion and you may find your answer, but DDOS attack and protection is very hard even for the folks that are experts in that or can throw lots of money to those folks to help.  Honestly I'd start with switching VPS to one that provides DDOS as part of the package if I couldn't solve in a couple days.  Sometimes throwing money at it *IS* the best way to solve a problem.

I have a friend that manages linux but he does not know anything about mining and he tells me that he needs to know the port that the program uses input and output data so he can free the traffic in it ... I am gathering the maximum information Possible and passing to him and then see what you can try. The site that I'm using is easier and spends little to account for ... the others that have protection are more expensive and at the moment I'm in the test base trying to find a place to replace the amazon because the accounts do not last Nor 4 hours more or does not release limits. It just does not work anymore.

I try in stackwebsite ..... but if anyone else has an idea ....

*sorry fot my bad english. i use google translate to help me Cheesy

That's fine.  I'm understanding you ok.   If you really trust your friend and you believe he can solve, and there isn't a lot of risk, add him as admin temporarily and let him have a look.  You can change passwords, 2FA, etc after. 

Another alternative is to test small scale at another location you OWN, testbed, maybe at home, behind any decent recent router that can drop DOS attacks.  Change a bunch of stuff, different mining account, wallet, etc, for that and then you will possibly have more time for you and\or him to try to poke and prod at something that stays running without getting shut down real fast.

Baby steps.

i change the miner, I have other vps that take a week to give these warnings of attack in the network in the pool, but now I'm stopping everything if not I'm going to lose those accounts that I already have despite being tests ...
I have another friend who is using the same cloud and is not having these problems because she is using it in two pools.

Is it possible someone without knowing what miner I am using send attack to pool trying to attack me having the address and id? I made an account in git to make it easier to use xmr stack, but I changed it to cpumulti, but I'm going to take everything out of git ... I do not doubt anything that has someone bailing me ....

The other pool that I could test to see if it does not generate an attack is the minergate but that is horrible, or they rob in the hash or do not let you make a withdrawal .... I find another pool that gives the same yield and makes automatic withdrawal with I do not care that way

I only have to find out how to free iptable cpumulti
delicopsch56

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 10:11:27 PM

At this point if my suggestions can't work for you my last is to start an iptables question thread in a more appropriate venue\forum.  This thread doesn't see much traffic anymore is my guess, and if you KNOW you have an iptables problem then you are way off topic anyway because your issue is really not specifically about the miner software.
SateRebus

Activity: 154

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 06:02:02 PM

Dowload link at 1st page not work

anyone still have link for Non AES-NI miner ?

thanks

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ●    UTRUST // The FUTURE of Online Payments    ●  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬        whitepaper     facebook     twitter     slack         ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PRE-ICO | 28th August 2017
delicopsch56

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 07:40:38 PM

thanks

Nope.  I wouldn't waste your time or electricity, probably take ya an eon to get a whole coin.  I have a HP Z600 Workstation 2X Xeon E5640 Quad Core 2.67GHz/16GB/500Gb/V3800 with 20 ml of L3 cache that only hashes monero at .6 KH/s.  I was just trading electricity for XMR for quite a while on speculation, it might be slightly profitable now that monero is at about $33 USD, but mostly I'm just speculating still.
ox_20

Activity: 1

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 04:35:45 PM

Hello everyone.

Recently I received a dozen of IBM servers with Xeon CPU's. And I have free(!) electricity with no limits.

Is here someone who still has Wolf's miner binaries for windows?

Please share!

Unfortunately, all links from 1st page are dead.

I'm looking for:

Windows x64 binaries! AES-NI only
cpuminer-multi-wolf-06-09-2014.zip

06/12/2014
Windows binary for non-AES-NI
cpuminer-multi-wolf-06-12-2014.zip

Windows x64 binary for non-AES-NI
minerd-wolf-07-09-14.exe

Many many many thanks in advance!
SateRebus

Activity: 154

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 01:31:38 PM

thanks

Nope.  I wouldn't waste your time or electricity, probably take ya an eon to get a whole coin.  I have a HP Z600 Workstation 2X Xeon E5640 Quad Core 2.67GHz/16GB/500Gb/V3800 with 20 ml of L3 cache that only hashes monero at .6 KH/s.  I was just trading electricity for XMR for quite a while on speculation, it might be slightly profitable now that monero is at about $33 USD, but mostly I'm just speculating still.

do you have a miner link ?

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ●    UTRUST // The FUTURE of Online Payments    ●  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬        whitepaper     facebook     twitter     slack         ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PRE-ICO | 28th August 2017
tfeagle

Activity: 29

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 08:07:45 PM

Hello!!  I have also been looking for Wolf's 2014 CPU miner.  I have not seen a link posted here.  Did anyone get a link from private message?  Could you share with me?  Thanks!! 
Mattthev

Activity: 168

⛏ Indeed Miners ⛏

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 08:15:21 PM

Hello!!  I have also been looking for Wolf's 2014 CPU miner.  I have not seen a link posted here.  Did anyone get a link from private message?  Could you share with me?  Thanks!! 
XMR-STAK-CPU it's port of Wolf's miner with optimizations.

Guide: RX 470/480/570/580 4GB, 8GB Bios Mod Tutorial - SRB, Polaris Bios Editor ⛏ 🤑💰💲 │ Guide: AMD/NVIDIA/CPU How to Mine Monero + Miners Download Links ⛏
Need bios mod, performance timings or help? Cool E-mail: monerobiosedit@gmail.com
Donations: ETH  0xA266f3158E84A70Cd2AD2cE9F0Da3143C0392A73│ BTC  36aU6vUWxTG7UigKEpZzXmB6k6jy2D7xVY│ LBC  bUjyDMPwaE8GYGiat1P2jufSuef3ahE7Sm
variantolog

Activity: 2

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 10:38:44 PM

thanks

Welcome:  https://yadi.sk/d/QMEng-Lw3KK395,  password:  bitcointalk.org
brackhap

Activity: 6

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 04:08:13 AM

Is there any version of this miner for linux?

Regards
Mattthev

Activity: 168

⛏ Indeed Miners ⛏

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 07:00:48 AM

https://github.com/OhGodAPet/wolf-xmr-miner/releases

Guide: RX 470/480/570/580 4GB, 8GB Bios Mod Tutorial - SRB, Polaris Bios Editor ⛏ 🤑💰💲 │ Guide: AMD/NVIDIA/CPU How to Mine Monero + Miners Download Links ⛏
Need bios mod, performance timings or help? Cool E-mail: monerobiosedit@gmail.com
Donations: ETH  0xA266f3158E84A70Cd2AD2cE9F0Da3143C0392A73│ BTC  36aU6vUWxTG7UigKEpZzXmB6k6jy2D7xVY│ LBC  bUjyDMPwaE8GYGiat1P2jufSuef3ahE7Sm
cisA

Activity: 210

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 08:43:07 PM

Take care:

https://news.drweb.com/show/?i=11326&c=5&lng=en&p=0

btc-e.com ->
" eksperteille: vitalik please hardfuck once more"
normalboy

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 09:53:22 PM

im using VPS ubuntu 16.04 anh use Putty to conect VPS.
now im using this code for mining xmr
sudo apt-get update && wget https://minergate.com/download/deb-cli -O minergate-cli.deb && sudo dpkg -i minergate-cli.deb
minergate-cli -user myemail -xmr

Everyone can help me edit for mining xmr and fnc, i wanna both. THanks
Almeida

Activity: 140

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 04:25:46 AM

Hello, complete noob here.

I tried to test mining some monero, so I downloaded wolf-xmr-miner-v0.4 (processor with AES-NI). When I try to run from cmd, with compatibility mode, I get the following error message (windows 8 ):

The procedure entry point clCreateCommandQueueWithProperties could not be located in the dynamic link library

Any ideas?

I created an offline wallet I plan to input in the miner, so I don't really want to install the whole cli wallet. But I noticed the cli wallet has an option to mine also. How is the cli wallet miner algorithm in comparison with this one?

cheers

yerfei

Activity: 53

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 06:26:39 AM

Hello, complete noob here.

I tried to test mining some monero, so I downloaded wolf-xmr-miner-v0.4 (processor with AES-NI). When I try to run from cmd, with compatibility mode, I get the following error message (windows 8 ):

The procedure entry point clCreateCommandQueueWithProperties could not be located in the dynamic link library

Any ideas?

I created an offline wallet I plan to input in the miner, so I don't really want to install the whole cli wallet. But I noticed the cli wallet has an option to mine also. How is the cli wallet miner algorithm in comparison with this one?

cheers

If you want to mine Monero or similar  Algo you can try Winminer
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2004875.0
RobDust

Activity: 9

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 09:28:00 AM

on one miner it opens the dos box, and then

access denied

why?
Almeida

Activity: 140

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 11:46:43 AM

on one miner it opens the dos box, and then

access denied

why?

I did the noob thing to try to run the .exe, maybe you did the same. What you need really is to call the exe with the cmd (in case you use windows), and you need to imput the commands there. BUT, it is easier if you create a .bat file so you can click on it and run what you want. I'll leave an example here for you so you can test:

1. go to the folder where wolf miner is;
2. create a simple txt file (no doc, rtf, plain txt);
3. open the txt file and write:

[the path of the minerd.exe file in your computer, like C:/xxxx]/minerd -a cryptonight -o stratum+tcp://mine.moneropool.com:3333 -p x -u 45quMfKHHRXCaTKTkiiLaSPwpqL3JAXMP863f6miz3ny6mrM62VjV6a5jnxKMAG4dCEopSwVJQGkvab A9ctVjYRVHFHaYvx -t [type here the number of threads you want, if your cpu is x cores you might try x threads]

NOTE: I put my address, change to yours, change the mining pool if you want another pool. Don't type the number of threads between [], only the number, like 4. I think it runs without the path, but with the path you can move the bat to other places and still execute it.

4. save the txt file and change its extension from .txt to .bat;

5. double click the .bat file and start to mine.

justuser

Activity: 3

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 12:14:18 PM

Hello
I have 3.10.0-427.36.1.lve1.4.44 linux version
I try to install daemon
git clone https://github.com/wolf9466/cpuminer-multi - ok
But ./autogen.sh - there are some problems

Makefile.am: installing './depcomp'
configure.ac:133: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_MSG_ERROR
      If this token and others are legitimate, please use m4_pattern_allow.
      See the Autoconf documentation.

How to fix it?

If I run configure,

./configure: line 5668: syntax error near unexpected token `,'
./configure: line 5668: `LIBCURL_CHECK_CONFIG(, 7.15.2, ,'

amadir

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 11:07:34 AM

I am mining Monero at approx 520 H/sec with my DELL PowerEdge R620. Shouldnt it run faster? Mining with -t 16

Regards
Amadir
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.