Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 07:42:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 [85] 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] FIMK: 2.5G POS, extra block rewards, messaging, asset colors, p2p shopping  (Read 184270 times)
Eliphaz Fimk (OP)

Activity: 773
Merit: 500

Heatledger.com

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2015, 06:33:42 PM

Unfortunately, there is less progress for the coin. The only flicker of hope was the mofo wallet development. But this is not enough to push the coin.
Progress has been good, mostly behind the scenes. As some of the more educated know, Mofowallet is one of the most advanced multi cryptocurrency clients available and we're improving it constantly. Recent developments include closed beta stage of private assets trading, for the deployment of which we have made preliminary arrangements with some undisclosed financial operators. The results of these arrangements should materialize by the end of this year.

I'll be undersigning the largest deal in FIMK's history this week for a marketing & branding campaign lasting from this summer until Feb 2016. Its exact effect is unknown. If it has minimal success, hundreds of new users and a dozen visible merchants is an underestimation.

FIMK's feature implementations and especially marketing has been lagging from the more optimistic early projections. The four year progression plan is intact.

Are there still plans to establish FIMK as a digital alternative for Euro in Finland?

Sure, as much as you could've ever considered such plans as black and white. Digital alternative for EURO in an official way may be far fetched. Everything remains possible though within the 3 years ahead and I already know the marketing campaign brings us more of some very interesting connections on the establishment side of things.

As you see, we prefer to work in silence and bring out the results only when they're ready. This has its drawbacks with some of the pumper personalities who prefer hyped up boom and bust cycles you see in your standard altcoin trend. The most disturbed ones cry the loudest and most often. Don't believe the naysayers and keep your faith. FIMK is designed to deliver.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
   ████      ████      ████████████          █████        ████████████████  
   ████      ████      ████                ████ ████            ████        
   ██████████████      ████████████        ████ ████            ████        
   ██████████████      ████████████      ████     ████          ████        
   ████      ████      ████              █████████████          ████        
   ████      ████      ████████████    █████████████████        ████        
   ████      ████      ████████████    ████         ████        ████

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

██      ██████  ██████    ██████   ██████  ██████
              ██      ██      ██   ██  ██    ██  ██      ██   ██
              ██      ██████  ██   ██  ██  ▄▄▄   ██████  ██████
              ██      ██      ██   ██  ██  ▀▀██  ██      ██   ██
              ██████  ██████  ██████    ██████   ██████  ██   ██

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
xibeijan
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 04:36:59 AM

FIM has something different about it than other projects, progress and FIM use growing slow, but steady.
CCEDK is not a bad exchange for FIM, pretty good.  Things appear to be moving forward.

Notable projects 2019: Semux, Dero, Wagerr, BEAM
Malooka
Copper Member

Activity: 289
Merit: 254

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 11:18:00 PM
Last edit: June 02, 2015, 11:41:39 PM by Malooka

Finally accessed my currency - you may want to make the online MOFOWALLET compatible with Firefox!
xibeijan
Legendary

View Profile
June 08, 2015, 05:16:52 AM

It would be nice if the FIM wallet was a bit more streamlined (it's kind of clunky and slow) and easy to use... also would be good to stop brandishing the silly mofowallet name.

PilotofBTC
Legendary

Activity: 1736

View Profile
June 09, 2015, 02:52:57 PM

When is MoFo going to update for NXT 1.5.x? Running anything before that at this point might put you on a fork, and probably eventually be locked out.
Eliphaz Fimk (OP)

Activity: 773
Merit: 500

Heatledger.com

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2015, 09:14:08 PM

It would be nice if the FIM wallet was a bit more streamlined (it's kind of clunky and slow) and easy to use... also would be good to stop brandishing the silly mofowallet name.
You mean wallet.fimk.fi or wallet.fimk.fi:7886 ? They use older versions for testing purposes. The downloadable wallet should always be pretty swift. Mofowallet will be rebranded in ~1 month.

When is MoFo going to update for NXT 1.5.x? Running anything before that at this point might put you on a fork, and probably eventually be locked out.
I've been told quite soon.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
   ████      ████      ████                ████ ████            ████        
   ██████████████      ████████████        ████ ████            ████        
   ██████████████      ████████████      ████     ████          ████        
   ████      ████      ████              █████████████          ████        
   ████      ████      ████████████    █████████████████        ████        
   ████      ████      ████████████    ████         ████        ████

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

██      ██████  ██████    ██████   ██████  ██████
              ██      ██      ██   ██  ██    ██  ██      ██   ██
              ██      ██████  ██   ██  ██  ▄▄▄   ██████  ██████
              ██      ██      ██   ██  ██  ▀▀██  ██      ██   ██
              ██████  ██████  ██████    ██████   ██████  ██   ██

xibeijan
Legendary

View Profile
June 12, 2015, 10:28:39 AM

You mean wallet.fimk.fi or wallet.fimk.fi:7886 ? They use older versions for testing purposes. The downloadable wallet should always be pretty swift. Mofowallet will be rebranded in ~1 month.

I mean the one I can run locally.  (BTW: The one-click exe version does not allow copy and paste, which makes working with large secure password a pain.  Saving password in the wallet also is not a very secure option for me.)

Great it will be rebranded, but to what?

verymuchso

Activity: 421
Merit: 250

HEAT Ledger

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 09:54:01 AM

Hi,

Short status update, been a while I know..

Our NXT+ product (the made ready for mofowallet version of NXT) has been on 1.5 since before the hard fork. Otherwise no-one could have used NXT since then. So unless you want to run the NXT server yourself locally from within the client, all should work.

The one-click exe version does not allow copy and paste, which makes working with large secure password a pain.
Saving password in the wallet also is not a very secure option for me.

I've had some reports of the copying issue. Thats OSX right?
For the upcoming release I've changed the way keys are stored.
Instead of in the encrypted wallet file they will live (encrypted) in your browser localStorage (your client side db, all browsers have that and it is very secure).
But the main method of login will consist of secret URL's that embed the encrypted passphrase in the url, so you'll need to place that url on your toolbar or something or save it somewhere. You basically only need to visit that url once since visiting it will store the wallet in the browser db, you then need to provide the wallet password each time you do a transaction.

Until we get the proper tools in place for 2FA this will remain a weak spot but it's the same with all other brainwallet coins.

--------

We have completed the Private Assets feature which has been running on testnet for a while now. It has been used for demoing purposes by Eliphaz his banking contacts.
For the purpose of these demos we also reskinned the AE UI.

To get rid of the slowness of the AE (the need to wait for blocks) we developed the Virtual Exchange layer.
This turned out to be a pretty difficult task but as always all turned out well in the end (thanks to our new testing tools).

What the virtual exchange does is exactly as it says provide an exchange but a virtual one.
While in the normal AE orders are matched (and balances are updated etc ..) when a new block comes in, in the virtual exchange orders are matched the millisecond an unconfirmed transaction hits the network. So basically instant. The fun thing now is when you place an order you'll see in realtime (all over the world basically) what the consequences of that action are (your balance will change immediately as will you see all trades that happen from that order as well see all partially matched orders have their remaining amounts updated).
This layer of course had to made fully aware of when new blocks come or blocks are popped. Since you cannot know for sure the order in which transactions are finally placed in the block by the forger the layer (which works like a event system over websockets) had to also be made aware of this and be able to correct it on the clients.

Currently we are finalizing the new identifier mechanism, the goal is to do away with all FIM-XXX addresses, while they are miles better than the old numeric addresses they still don't allow for easy adoption. The system being tested now will offer two types of ID's. There are your free name@fimk.fi names available to anyone (for free through our faucet) and then there are the verified addresses name@gmail.com for instance. If you want one of those you'll have to go through our verification process where you verify (all done using cryptographic methods) that you own that address. Then in a later stadium those verified addresses will become part of the platform in even more integrated ways.

The FIM-XXX address will probably remain working forever but all new things we do will focus on the new identifiers. In the current implementation you can have multiple identifiers point to a single account.

To make all these big and complex changes to the core possible and stay compatible with the upstream NXT critical security releases we now also developed our very own blockchain testing tool suite. While I don't mind writing Java, I like writing Javascript a lot more, mostly since you can so much more with much less code. After writing some tests in Java I figured since FIMK is on Java 8 now, why not make use of the new built-in Nashorn js engine to write tests in javascript instead ?
The result has given me joy and speed ever since, writing tests has become a breeze now, the suite (at least the parts released) can be seen here https://github.com/fimkrypto/fimk/tree/master/src/test/resources.

Dirk

verymuchso

HEAT Ledger

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 10:14:22 AM

About the Private Assets (short descr)

A private asset is an asset designed for use in financial institutions. The control of who can buy. sell, transfer or receive the asset is with the asset issuer. The asset issuer can at any time add or remove accounts to the list of 'allowed' accounts. The fee paid for placing orders and for each trade can be set by the asset issuer as a percentage of the order or trade sum and this fee will be paid to the asset issuer.

verymuchso

HEAT Ledger

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 10:24:33 AM
Last edit: June 16, 2015, 11:29:45 AM by verymuchso

I agree to that.  Except for the slow part (do you mean the page takes a long time to load initially?). The focus of mofowallet has been mostly at the platform level (translation mechanism, provider mechanism, websockets, live feedback everywhere, modular UI approach - basically doing it the proper angular way).
I'm no UI designer we will hire one when the time is ready but for any UI designer to do anything he needs something he/she can work on, the Angular approach and the strict MVC design allow a designer to basically work on the HTML only. All the javascript (and it's a lot) can stay as is because of the strict separation of the model, view and controller parts.

Edit: Where are you situated if I might ask? In my country even on mobiles 4G/3G the hosted version loads in a few seconds and when all the JS was loaded subsequent loads are almost instant. Are in China by any chance? If so I might have an idea what is causing this.

wizzardTim
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000

Reality is stranger than fiction

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 10:30:42 AM

Thank you for the update. Nice to see progress!

Behold the Tangle Mysteries! Dare to know It's truth.

- Excerpt from the IOTA Sacred Texts Vol. I
verymuchso

HEAT Ledger

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 11:14:04 AM

Thank you for the update. Nice to see progress!

Progress has been picking up since the start, we're getting more comfortable with the platform every day.
But I agree that it might not have been showing that much, as was said before FIMK is not about pumping we have a long term vision and for that to become a reality a lot of 'boring' low level work has to be done first.
Some of that work would not have been possible before since a new platform has to be mastered first.

-------

One more thing about the new account identifiers. It might have appeared as if everything has to go through our centralized (delegated would be a better word) verification process.
That is not the case, everyone can assign their own name@fimk.fi address. It is also possible to assign a @fimk.fi address to an account you don't own but for that you have to provide a digital signature signed by the owner of the account you are assigning the id to.
All this functionality will be easily available from all the various clients.

The name@fimk.fi addresses will also be fully functional email addresses to which you can send an email. Hosting for those addresses will be provided by the Krypto Fin ry association free of charge and will allow for a whole new set of possibilities (send FIMK to email, get blockchain notifications, fully encrypted emails and 2FA are only but a few).

Dirk

jl777
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1132

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2015, 05:36:45 AM

WTB FIMK in bulk.

PM me offers

http://www.digitalcatallaxy.com/report2015.html
100+ page annual report for SuperNET
gvans

Activity: 281

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 09:28:03 AM

WTB FIMK in bulk.

PM me offers

Spotted this at fimk-forum https://forum.fimk.fi/index.php?topic=589.0

BTC 1Mye3mqB9WQdCj3uFwx6zcRArnzbUiq6Ro  ★ [NXT] NXT-RA49-RXFR-V6WE-97HT9
★ [ORA] LOGO  ★ [NEM] LOGO  ★ [NXT] MONOLITH  ★ [EXO] LOGO  ★ [FIMK] LOGO  ★ [NODE] LOGO
xibeijan
Legendary

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 10:28:29 AM

WTB FIMK in bulk.

PM me offers

Top account holders.  Sell to this man!  Because you want jl777 on board with FIM.  He knows what he is doing, has good ideas and gets things done.

This is a buy signal for me personally: jl777 knows his stuff.

verymuchso

HEAT Ledger

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 11:27:39 AM

WTB FIMK in bulk.

PM me offers

Hi James, nice to see you here!  Cheesy

Top account holders.  Sell to this man!  Because you want jl777 on board with FIM.  He knows what he is doing, has good ideas and gets things done.

I agree.

xibeijan
Legendary

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 12:04:24 PM

I've had some reports of the copying issue. Thats OSX right?

Yes.  Would be great if you can fix it.

But the main method of login will consist of secret URL's that embed the encrypted passphrase in the url, so you'll need to place that url on your toolbar or something or save it somewhere.

Sounds a little scary, but I wil reserve judgement until after I see it.

We have completed the Private Assets feature which has been running on testnet for a while now. It has been used for demoing purposes by Eliphaz his banking contacts.

Thump!  I just passed out and hit the floor.  These are amazing developments.  I am curious how you maintain security with these virtual exchanges and how it fits in with the main blockchain.  Are they decentralized?

It sounds like FIM could be a dark horse, actually backed by innovative ideas and serious developers.

These are major developments that I would not have suspected were going on@

Tho... I've always liked FIM and supported it. I knew something was coming (hero members post to this thread), but would not have suspected developments on this scale.  Solving the block reward issue with NXT showed some promise... but this takes things to a whole new level, with lots of disruptive possibilities.

Are you working on any kind of cross-chain trading mechanism?

The FIM-XXX address will probably remain working forever but all new things we do will focus on the new identifiers. In the current implementation you can have multiple identifiers point to a single account.

Better be.  Anything else is centralized.  Anonymity is an essential part of cryptocurrency.

funbug

Activity: 243

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 01:28:34 PM

WTB FIMK in bulk.

PM me offers

I sell 3500000 FIMK to jl777 - enjoy

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
jl777
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1132

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2015, 01:34:08 PM

WTB FIMK in bulk.

PM me offers

I sell 3500000 FIMK to jl777 - enjoy
yes, thanks.
I got FIMK during IPO, I couldnt get it to work for a while, but the latest version worked fine and it was pretty interesting, so I decided to increase my personal stake.

James

http://www.digitalcatallaxy.com/report2015.html
100+ page annual report for SuperNET
verymuchso

HEAT Ledger

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 02:15:24 PM

But the main method of login will consist of secret URL's that embed the encrypted passphrase in the url, so you'll need to place that url on your toolbar or something or save it somewhere.

Sounds a little scary, but I will reserve judgement until after I see it.

Nothing is ever send to the server your key remains client side. Many other crypto projects are doing the same thing.
Plus there is basically no difference between either having an encrypted file with your passphrase in it or having a URL with the encrypted passphrase, the latter is just easier to work with.
Of course if you need top security for critical accounts the whole brain wallet mechanism remains fully intact, the new developments are more geared to lowering the barrier for when we start developing UI and apps for the average Joe kinda user.

Thump!  I just passed out and hit the floor.  These are amazing developments.  I am curious how you maintain security with these virtual exchanges and how it fits in with the main blockchain.  Are they decentralized?

There is zero risk involved here, all it is basically trying to do is bring the dynamism as is known in the P2P network (which goes beyond the reality we see each time a block is forged) directly to the client.
So in a way the client 1-on-1 reflects whatever is happening on the network.
For this to be possible websocket support had to be added first, which we did a while back the virtual layer now completes it (although it has to be tuned more).

Are you working on any kind of cross-chain trading mechanism?

Asset to asset (as opposed to asset to fimk) trading is what we have been preparing for.

Pages: « 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 [85] 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 »
  Print  

Jump to: