Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 08:51:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 ... 97 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] FIMK: 2.5G POS, extra block rewards, messaging, asset colors, p2p shopping  (Read 184271 times)
Simakki

Activity: 697
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2014, 07:45:55 PM

Yep, just utter crap.

Check out Betsikingi
for betting tips and for https://betsikingi.info/vedonlyontibonukset-vedonlyontisivustot and Unibet TV for sports live streaming!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
altcoin4u

Activity: 159
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 07:58:52 PM

New to FIMK. If wishing to Forge from Web Wallet, you are informed that your secret phrase will be sent to Web Server? Concerning? Thanks for the help
and replies.

You are safer to forge from the Downloadable Browser Wallet (password stays on your computer only)
http://fimk.fi/en/wallet.htm

Plus, the FIMK devs will occasionally restart the web wallet and any logged-in accounts will stop forging.

Thanks for the help. I have downloaded Java on my computer. I read you must have Java to run Browser Wallet.
Should I be extracting the "Run" Windows batch File from the Downloaded Zip file, This loads me into FIM NRS command screen?
teletobi

Activity: 734

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 08:04:13 PM

There should be a readme.txt ...

Join the Elastic revolution!  Elastic - The Decentralized Supercomputer
ELASTIC WEBSITE | NEW ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD | ELASTIC SLACK | ELASTIC FORUM
altcoin4u

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 08:38:36 PM

Thanks for the help. I have downloaded Java on my computer. I read you must have Java to run Browser Wallet.
Should I be extracting the "Run" Windows batch File from the Downloaded Zip file, This loads me into FIM NRS command screen?

Unzip the whole package, then run the run batch file.  Should see some startup text in a console window.  (not entirely sure, I don't personally use Windows).  Once java process has started successfully, can access the local wallet in a browser at http://localhost:7886

Unzipped complete file. "Run" batch file..
Opened up into command screen. Last line reads:
"FIM Server 0.2.2 started successfully"

Do I need to enter command.

Regret my troubles and appreciate all the help.
Primitive

Activity: 658

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 08:42:35 PM

its pretty simple on windows.  here are the steps:

1) download the latest wallet from https://github.com/fimkrypto/fimk/releases

2) when the download is complete, extract the zip file - you will then have a folder called "fim-0.2.2"

3) open the folder and double click on the file called "run" (it may show as "run" or "run.bat")

4) a java window will open and execute.  wait a few moments until you see it say "FIM server started successfully."  leave this java process open and running.

5) open a browser and go to address: "localhost:7886"

6) log in with your passphrase and you should be good to go.  remember you will have to wait for the blockchain to download before your wallet shows accurate data

NEM, LSK, STRAT
altcoin4u

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 08:57:27 PM

2) when the download is complete, extract the zip file - you will then have a folder called "fim-0.2.2"

3) open the folder and double click on the file called "run" (it may show as "run" or "run.bat")

4) a java window will open and execute.  wait a few moments until you see it say "FIM server started successfully."  leave this java process open and running.

6) log in with your passphrase and you should be good to go.  remember you will have to wait for the blockchain to download before your wallet shows accurate data

Thanks everyone. Great community. Up and running with Browser Wallet.
Do I need to keep Java window open or may I close out Java window?
Thanks again. Regards to all.
Primitive

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 09:16:07 PM

keep java window open. 

NEM, LSK, STRAT
PilotofBTC
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 09:22:56 PM

If you close the java console the server will stop and you won't be forging.

So, yes, you need to keep the java window open. Just minimize it and you should be good to go.

You can also make this a service with srv any, so it will auto start and run in the background so you won't see the java window.
Eliphaz Fimk (OP)

Activity: 773

Heatledger.com

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2014, 10:01:13 PM

Whoa that's the worst case of disinfo I have seen for a while. The author must be seriously disillusioned at the least.

I especially wonder about these parts:

FIMKrypto offers no new innovations, and is a one-to-one clone of Nxt

Due to the developers neglectance to market FIMKrypto further, the coin ultimately suffers with a dwindling community support, and eventually, a possible death is near.

I bet he didn't even hear about Kryptoradio or Basic Income with strong authentication capabilities offered by registered public nonprofit organization that is growing its membership regularly.

If we weren't aware of the inbred ignorance plaguing certain people, that would seem somewhat like an orchestrated attempt to discredit FIMK for a reason or another.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
   ████      ████      ████████████          █████        ████████████████  
   ████      ████      ████████████          █████        ████████████████  
   ████      ████      ████                ████ ████            ████        
   ██████████████      ████████████        ████ ████            ████        
   ██████████████      ████████████      ████     ████          ████        
   ████      ████      ████              █████████████          ████        
   ████      ████      ████████████    █████████████████        ████        
   ████      ████      ████████████    ████         ████        ████

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

██      ██████  ██████    ██████   ██████  ██████
              ██      ██      ██   ██  ██    ██  ██      ██   ██
              ██      ██████  ██   ██  ██  ▄▄▄   ██████  ██████
              ██      ██      ██   ██  ██  ▀▀██  ██      ██   ██
              ██████  ██████  ██████    ██████   ██████  ██   ██

gvans

Activity: 281
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 02:02:49 AM
Last edit: July 18, 2014, 02:23:19 AM by gvans

Yeah poor "journalism"  Roll Eyes

Which makes me think of efficient pr. It has to be as good as it gets. I know it is all in early stage still and maybe devs have been planning it somehow. But it would be crucial for greater success to have professional marketing. I would definitely get an advertising agency (professional and fresh) onboard with few btw from ipo. Even better, make them genuinely involved by giving them some fimk from development fund so they would stick in for the long run. And why not do that with two or three agencies and pick the one you like after first results or make them collaborate. But this kind of project would definitely need way more than a guy or two who can do some graphics and build a website. There is so much more to it.

Think out of the box, aim high, get a professional outsider point of view on the overall image with website and all.

I know how it feels to be the father of an idea and having the urge to control everything about it. I'm a designer myself, not advertising but different kind of stuff. Anyhow in the end if your vision of the project is strong enough (as it seems to be in FIMK) that vision will be the heart and framework of the project and you will only benefit if you let outside professionals tamper with things Wink

BTC 1Mye3mqB9WQdCj3uFwx6zcRArnzbUiq6Ro  ★ [NXT] NXT-RA49-RXFR-V6WE-97HT9
★ [ORA] LOGO  ★ [NEM] LOGO  ★ [NXT] MONOLITH  ★ [EXO] LOGO  ★ [FIMK] LOGO  ★ [NODE] LOGO
rommaz

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 03:38:12 AM

FIMKrypto reviewed on Coins Source

http://www.coinssource.com/crypto-coins/fimkrypto/

"lack of social promotions" - Yes, it's true.

"FIMKrypto is lost at sea with the hundreds of other alternative coins" - It's what I'm afraid of.

I'd like to be wrong, but there is a lack of news, no information about further steps in development...
The blockchain radio is a great news really. But it is the only news after IPO!

And now when DGEX.com is down there is no exchange at all!

How can we increase community and involve new people in Fimk project with such kind of things?
Primitive

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 06:34:09 AM

we should all just stay patient until DGEX is back online.  once it is, we can work on growth.  the coin is brand new.  dont get discouraged.

NEM, LSK, STRAT
casx

Activity: 59

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 08:22:46 AM
Last edit: July 18, 2014, 08:59:18 AM by casx

still loving this coin!

but i want to sell some at 0.0000033 have to pay my appartment =/

just pm me

qora dan

Activity: 37

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 09:53:58 AM

Be as it may we can not get around the fact that that at the moment there is a damaging article about FIMK on the web and whoever outside the community reads it will think FIMK is a joke. We can not afford that. There are hundreds of coins out there and not everyone takes the time to do the research on each coin. At the moment itd " What's this FIMK"

I agree that FIMK is not a pump and dump coin and that we need to look to the long term future but I can not help but think that a massive opportunity was missed to really put FIMK on the map straight after IPO when a lot of buzz was created because of the 533 BTC raised. Once you have that kind of momentum you can not sit back and relax. A lot of us believe in FIMK and the dev team but we will be stupid if we think that without any marketing or effort from the community that this will be a success.

Its not Dgex's fault but the fact that trading has been stopped is a blow and we cant blame crappy journalism for anything. Most people belive what their told by the media so I think its time to use some of the 533 BTC and launch this rocket.

I am sure people in the community will be happy to help once we get a idea which direction the dev team wants to go.

We need a proper website
Social Media accounts with regular updates
More exchanges
A big community project that will create publicity.
rommaz

Activity: 11

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 10:20:48 AM

Be as it may we can not get around the fact that that at the moment there is a damaging article about FIMK on the web and whoever outside the community reads it will think FIMK is a joke. We can not afford that. There are hundreds of coins out there and not everyone takes the time to do the research on each coin. At the moment itd " What's this FIMK"

I agree that FIMK is not a pump and dump coin and that we need to look to the long term future but I can not help but think that a massive opportunity was missed to really put FIMK on the map straight after IPO when a lot of buzz was created because of the 533 BTC raised. Once you have that kind of momentum you can not sit back and relax. A lot of us believe in FIMK and the dev team but we will be stupid if we think that without any marketing or effort from the community that this will be a success.

Its not Dgex's fault but the fact that trading has been stopped is a blow and we cant blame crappy journalism for anything. Most people belive what their told by the media so I think its time to use some of the 533 BTC and launch this rocket.

I am sure people in the community will be happy to help once we get a idea which direction the dev team wants to go.

We need a proper website
More exchanges

More people involved - more success coin gets. It's clear.

I think that devs just hiding their coin from public attention. But I can't imagine, why?
casx

Activity: 59

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 10:45:11 AM

We need a proper website
More exchanges

More people involved - more success coin gets. It's clear.

I think that devs just hiding their coin from public attention. But I can't imagine, why?

as you can see we have no exchange in the moment.. it would be not a great deal to get the attention atm at fimk.

im sure that fimk will success and hit min the 6 mio marketcap in nearest future!
altcoin4u

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 11:37:50 AM

I read this statement on the FIMK Forum regarding Forging.

"Last, look in the peers section. Most peers should be connected and have a green icon (mouse over and you will see "Connected")"

I do have the Green Icon displayed and stating I am Forging.
I do not see "Connected" when moving mouse over Green Icon?
hyo

Activity: 6

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 12:35:56 PM

I read this statement on the FIMK Forum regarding Forging.

"Last, look in the peers section. Most peers should be connected and have a green icon (mouse over and you will see "Connected")"

I do have the Green Icon displayed and stating I am Forging.
I do not see "Connected" when moving mouse over Green Icon?

If there is around 40 peers how many should be connected?
Would half of them be ok?
And if not - how to connect to other connected peers?

Not worry about dgex and fimk crew - they are the men with the plan:)
Primitive

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 04:11:24 PM

we should all just stay patient until DGEX is back online.  once it is, we can work on growth.

Have an idea running around in my head for community to support a growing and healthy FIMK economy.  Please let me know what you think.

A Give 10% Back campaign.  Basically, every FIMKster would be encouraged to give away 10% of their earned block rewards to growing the community and/or the tech.  Large, small, medium sized-holders, doesn't matter.  Everybody can participate at a level comfortable to them.

I am committed to this ideal.  Who else is with me?

how would it work?  just as p2p transactions / donations?  how to avoid beggers masquerading as newbs with no coins?

NEM, LSK, STRAT
PilotofBTC
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 04:54:01 PM

Does FIMK allow for leased forging? Or, was that pulled out of the core?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 ... 97 »
  Print  

Jump to: