Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 08:56:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 [70] 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] FIMK: 2.5G POS, extra block rewards, messaging, asset colors, p2p shopping  (Read 184267 times)
verymuchso

Activity: 421
Merit: 250

HEAT Ledger

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 09:16:42 PM

Can you tell more about the service you are working on?
It's a paid P2P Q&A site, based on crypto instead of FIAT. We are a few months away from open beta.

Thats great. And FIMK is supported too  Grin awesome!!

Too bad it's just a little bit too early or I could have assisted you in tuning mofowallet to your needs, basically help setup a plugin to assist in your NXT + FIMK administration needs I bet a site like that could use at least some backend/administrative software that could be used for (small repetitive) daily administrative tasks. 
Even if it's just to verify the work done by the automated parts that you undoubtedly have built. That would have been another perfect testbed for mofowallet plugins. But you mention a few months so who knows where we are with mofowallet then.

Keep us posted. The idea sounds promising.

The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
darkwood1

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 09:27:05 PM

A question: I withdrew ~30,000 FIMK (the first FIMK I bought) from DGEX 1-2 days ago to my address FIM-XZXB-V4LF-ZU82-44RPX

The problem is the FIMK haven't yet shown up in my wallet. At the time of my withdrawal I was using the client I downloaded from your website. This was the first transfer I have sent to this address. Then I started using the wallet here: https://fimkrypto.github.io/mofo/launch.html The transfer does not show up in the mofo wallet either. To test whether it works, I then sent 2 FIMK from a faucet to my address and it worked, it showed up in my mofo wallet (although I remember I did something called - if I'm not mistaken - "publishing my public key" from the mofo wallet before the 2 FIMK faucet transfer).

So bottom line: is there something I might have done wrong and that can be corrected to have my balance reflect the ~30,000 FIMK I sent from DGEX? Or does the fault lie entirely on DGEX and I have to keep pressing them for an answer and to speed up the processing of my withdrawal?

Many thanks for your help!

Seems like the FIMK is there http://80.240.143.139/accounts/FIM-XZXB-V4LF-ZU82-44RPX

Do you know of a reliable online wallet where I can see my real balance?
verymuchso

HEAT Ledger

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 09:52:03 PM

A question: I withdrew ~30,000 FIMK (the first FIMK I bought) from DGEX 1-2 days ago to my address FIM-XZXB-V4LF-ZU82-44RPX

The problem is the FIMK haven't yet shown up in my wallet. At the time of my withdrawal I was using the client I downloaded from your website. This was the first transfer I have sent to this address. Then I started using the wallet here: https://fimkrypto.github.io/mofo/launch.html The transfer does not show up in the mofo wallet either. To test whether it works, I then sent 2 FIMK from a faucet to my address and it worked, it showed up in my mofo wallet (although I remember I did something called - if I'm not mistaken - "publishing my public key" from the mofo wallet before the 2 FIMK faucet transfer).

So bottom line: is there something I might have done wrong and that can be corrected to have my balance reflect the ~30,000 FIMK I sent from DGEX? Or does the fault lie entirely on DGEX and I have to keep pressing them for an answer and to speed up the processing of my withdrawal?

Many thanks for your help!

Seems like the FIMK is there http://80.240.143.139/accounts/FIM-XZXB-V4LF-ZU82-44RPX

Do you know of a reliable online wallet where I can see my real balance?

Mofowallet seems to show your balance https://fimkrypto.github.io/mofo/launch.html#/accounts/FIM-XZXB-V4LF-ZU82-44RPX/show
(notice the show part at the end - hidden feature  Cool) give it some time to load, we are working on the performance issues.

verymuchso

HEAT Ledger

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 10:45:54 PM

We are working on a solution for the performance problems of mofowallet. On some systems it works very well on others it's just slow.
There is a technical explanation of the problem and the solution here http://forum.fimk.fi/index.php?topic=428.msg2382#msg2382

TL;DR

In the coming days we'll be fixing mofowallet, problem is that it seems to pile up network requests when on a slow(er) connection.
The solution is to optimize bandwidth usage and implement prioritization of certain network requests. The expectation is that it will run much faster even on a slow connection.

xibeijan
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 01:04:14 AM

It should just start it on localhost and do away with all the overcomplicated UI.
Which part of the UI is the most overcomplicated in your opinion?

Thanks for actually being interesting in user feedback.  This is so much better than other coins where the developers don't ask and don't care.  You guys are doing a really good job and I hope you receive my comments below constructively.  They are just my opinion.  I'm no expert.

1] I think the MofoWallet will be really good, but I am not keen on the name as it sounds a bit like a joke.

2] I can't see the benefit of the all the front page with all the "Power by..." stuff.  When I bring up a wallet, I want it to go right into my only wallet or give me a list of wallets to choose from.

3] Can't see the point of having whether the server is running as an option.  The less low-level options (in the user's face) the better.  Run the server by default.

4] The application flow of "Create account" -> "Existing FIM Account" does not make sense.  Perhaps you mean "Create wallet" -> "Existing FIM account"?

5] Make opening a wallet give two options: "Brain wallet" or "Wallet file"  Many users actually prefer brain wallet for its simplicity and you shouldn't try to force them into wallet files if they don't like that sort of thing... especially in the NXT community

6] No sure about the option of saving secret phrases to wallet... seems kind of risky.

7] When I click on "Forging" I get a dialog asking me to enter the server URL.  In my opinion this is overcomplicated.  Why not just automatically have the server running (it is energy efficient after all!) and have a toggle button for forging (on or off).  When you switch it on, it asks for your password.

8] I don't care about themes.  I think a uniform branded look is probably best.  Professional icons, etc.  Make it unique.

Other than that, it looks like it will be a very cool wallet.

Notable projects 2019: Semux, Dero, Wagerr, BEAM
Primitive

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 07:33:24 AM

i'll also add my 2 cents regarding the name "mofo"

at least here in the US, that name does sound slightly strange, and not very professional.

NEM, LSK, STRAT
4emily

Activity: 577

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 09:28:55 AM

It's always worth consulting an urban slang dictionary before choosing a name, which in this case should certainly command some street credibility but probably not the kind we want - http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=mofo
verymuchso

HEAT Ledger

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 09:38:56 AM

Thanks for actually being interesting in user feedback.  This is so much better than other coins where the developers don't ask and don't care.  You guys are doing a really good job and I hope you receive my comments below constructively.  They are just my opinion.  I'm no expert.

1] I think the MofoWallet will be really good, but I am not keen on the name as it sounds a bit like a joke.
2] I can't see the benefit of the all the front page with all the "Power by..." stuff.  When I bring up a wallet, I want it to go right into my only wallet or give me a list of wallets to choose from.
3] Can't see the point of having whether the server is running as an option.  The less low-level options (in the user's face) the better.  Run the server by default.
4] The application flow of "Create account" -> "Existing FIM Account" does not make sense.  Perhaps you mean "Create wallet" -> "Existing FIM account"?
5] Make opening a wallet give two options: "Brain wallet" or "Wallet file"  Many users actually prefer brain wallet for its simplicity and you shouldn't try to force them into wallet files if they don't like that sort of thing... especially in the NXT community
6] No sure about the option of saving secret phrases to wallet... seems kind of risky.
7] When I click on "Forging" I get a dialog asking me to enter the server URL.  In my opinion this is overcomplicated.  Why not just automatically have the server running (it is energy efficient after all!) and have a toggle button for forging (on or off).  When you switch it on, it asks for your password.
8] I don't care about themes.  I think a uniform branded look is probably best.  Professional icons, etc.  Make it unique.

1] Can't comment on that
2] Agreed it makes no sense in the current situation it is a leftover from an earlier plan on how to present mofowallet. I commented it out and it looks much better.
3] Agreed, also a left over from the dev phase. It was mostly for my convenience during development.
Best IMO would be a dialog at startup that asks to start the servers, it explains it will run faster in the end but it will need time to download the chain first.
An option to "Always start servers on startup" should be on the dialog and checked by default.
The server start process could be visualized in the same dialog shown at startup to show start-up progress.
4] Good point.
5] In mofowallet a wallet is considered to be an encrypted file containing a collection of ACCOUNT_ID+SECRET_PHRASE+DISPLAY_NAME.
It seems what you are suggesting is already the case. All dialogs that ask for your secretphrase have the option to enter it by hand or click open wallet and have the secretphrase read from a wallet file, it's a users choice. Personally I use many accounts and I find it extremely difficult to remember those secretphrases so the wallet file really helps me do things quick.
6] The wallet is encrypted plus you store it in a unique place. Users can designate an empty usb thumbdrive for storing their wallet files, only inserting it into your computer when you need it. If that is perceived as dangerous since the file can be stolen when someone (remotely) accesses your computer then consider that an infected pc is already no longer your pc, it simply belongs to the hacker. Trying to protect against that is pointless, you can buy all the locks in the world but if you leave the backdoor open it quickly becomes pointless.
7] Agreed on the compilcated UI it will be reworked. Good point about the energy efficiency makes rethink point 3.
8] I do like themes  Wink But the default one should confirm to the standards you mentioned.

Thank you for the constructive criticism.

It's always worth consulting an urban slang dictionary before choosing a name, which in this case should certainly command some street credibility but probably not the kind you want - http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=mofo

I can assure you my parents did not use crack cocaine. I'll have to check with the other team members but I would be highly surprised if that was the case.

Eliphaz Fimk (OP)

Activity: 773

Heatledger.com

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2014, 10:36:17 AM

i'll also add my 2 cents regarding the name "mofo"
at least here in the US, that name does sound slightly strange, and not very professional.

It's always worth consulting an urban slang dictionary before choosing a name, which in this case should certainly command some street credibility but probably not the kind we want - http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=mofo

We are well aware of the connotation and it took quite a while of brainstorming to end up with the current name, MOFO Wallet. It's a strategic decision, designated to be strange, jump on your face, maybe cause a bit of facepalming and make a difference. The best way to make a difference in marketing is to make a difference.

As a reference towards this mindset, does Dogecoin look or sound professional? Did the image of it help or hinder the success of that coin which is otherwise substandard in contemporary technical terms?

As for mofo's parents using crack cocaine, it's my policy to not admit to such unless threatened by prison sentence. Dirk dodged the rhetoric question by talking about his own parents, which should be just fine FAPP Grin

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
   ████      ████      ████████████          █████        ████████████████  
   ████      ████      ████████████          █████        ████████████████  
   ████      ████      ████                ████ ████            ████        
   ██████████████      ████████████        ████ ████            ████        
   ██████████████      ████████████      ████     ████          ████        
   ████      ████      ████              █████████████          ████        
   ████      ████      ████████████    █████████████████        ████        
   ████      ████      ████████████    ████         ████        ████

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

██      ██████  ██████    ██████   ██████  ██████
              ██      ██      ██   ██  ██    ██  ██      ██   ██
              ██      ██████  ██   ██  ██  ▄▄▄   ██████  ██████
              ██      ██      ██   ██  ██  ▀▀██  ██      ██   ██
              ██████  ██████  ██████    ██████   ██████  ██   ██

verymuchso

HEAT Ledger

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 10:47:07 AM

Not sure what FAPP means, luckily I now have my urbandictionary to look that up.

4emily

Activity: 577

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 02:17:35 PM

...We are well aware of the connotation and it took quite a while of brainstorming to end up with the current name, MOFO Wallet. It's a strategic decision, designated to be strange, jump on your face, maybe cause a bit of facepalming and make a difference. The best way to make a difference in marketing is to make a difference...

The 'current' name – so there's a possibility you might change it?

If not, perhaps the MOFO name could be marketed on the basis that it's primary intended meaning is as an acronym, for example:

Multi Option Fully Optimised
verymuchso

HEAT Ledger

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 02:24:24 PM

Multi Option Fully Optimised

Nice one.
The official acronym is Multicurrency Operating Financial Offspring.

xibeijan
Legendary

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 02:06:34 PM

Meh... the names just don't do it for me.  Bitcoin is a very good name.   Multicurrency Operating Financial Offspring is not a very good name in my opinion.

funbug

Activity: 243

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 12:46:24 PM

Asset (SRWP) - Stable and Real Weekly Profit for small stakeholder

Hi, l 1st stakeholder after FIMK community and I want that the system began to develop more actively, therefore I want to offer stable profit for owners of the small accounts balance which aren't interested in forging.

Idea

Forging of balance for 20,000,000 FIM ~ = 1,000,000 FIM in month = 5% profit in month.
Therefore I can offer 1% of stable profit a week so far all assets won't be sold out (it will be guaranteed by my active balance more than 23'275'122 FIM).
Further this balance will start working independently what to allow all owners of assets to continue to get profit.
If by the time of time when payment for the block becomes 100 FIM project won't reach self-sufficiency, I again will act as the guarantor the assets and so on.

I besides to watch stability of the project, can make investments for development of various FIMK directions or act as the guarantor.

Asset (SRWP)  INFO

"quantityQNT": "210000",
    "accountRS": "FIM-DK4B-Z8ED-9RS3-7ZVRR",
    "decimals": 0,
    "name": "SRWP",
    "description": "SRWP - Stable and Real min 1% Weekly Profit. More info can be found here: https://forum.fimk.fi/index.php?topic=436.0",
    "numberOfTrades": 0,
    "asset": "1758814052940514729",
    "account": "6620150687243551817"

Start IPO 09.11.2014

1 week - min Buy Orders 99 FIM
2 week - min Buy Orders 100 FIM
3 week - min Buy Orders 101 FIM
4 week - min Buy Orders 102 FIM and so on ...

After sale of 200,000 SRWP assets of no min Buy Orders

Thanks, please sorry for bad english

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
xibeijan
Legendary

View Profile
November 10, 2014, 09:37:00 PM

Is anyone allowed to buy?

funbug

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 05:30:54 AM

Is anyone allowed to buy?

Yes of course.

xibeijan
Legendary

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 07:46:24 AM

Please confirm dividends are paid weekly?

funbug

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 07:52:36 AM

No, I guarantee only a weekly gain on 1 FIM costs of an asset and 1% the weekly income after that as 200'000 assets will be sold, that is only after IPO will be finished

But you can sell the assets in any time before the termination of IPO having got some profit

Buy on 100 FIM today you can quietly sell them on 104 FIM in a month

xibeijan
Legendary

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 07:34:19 PM

No, I guarantee only a weekly gain on 1 FIM costs of an asset and 1% the weekly income after that as 200'000 assets will be sold, that is only after IPO will be finished

But you can sell the assets in any time before the termination of IPO having got some profit

not sure I understand what you mean by "weekly gain on 1 FIM costs"?

I want to support FIM so will probably purchase some of your asset, so you will start paying weekly dividends and giving FIM some tx volume.

funbug

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 07:51:41 PM

not sure I understand what you mean by "weekly gain on 1 FIM costs"?

I want to support FIM so will probably purchase some of your asset, so you will start paying weekly dividends and giving FIM some tx volume.

Please read http://forum.fimk.fi/index.php?topic=436.msg2450;topicseen#msg2450

Pages: « 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 [70] 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 »
  Print  

Jump to: