Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 11:44:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I think it is safe bet to BUY bitcoins now. My speculation.  (Read 7022 times)
Edward50 (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 10, 2012, 10:27:08 PM

Holy shit, a bullish Edward? What’s going on here?

^^
A sure sign of the apocalypse; I'd better sell everything I have, because when sentiments on this subforum become this bullish things often seem to go the other way. LOL

You make a very good point. This is what worries me. I have not placed any bets yet LOL.

Only one other time did I recommend buying and selling in the short term, and right after I did that the price fell pretty dramatically.

What I can't understand is that it looks like sombody wants it known that the $5.6 price range won't be taken down.

By doing this it is like someone saying you can play blackjack, and any losses you take we will pay you the money. So you will only gain money. This is what this obvious price floor is showing.

I would think that the person putting in this price floor is paying a price for showing everybody that he has put a price floor in, but is he?

Either way it looks like we have a pretty stable price floor, so your really only betting on the price rising from this point. Place your stop losses, and enjoy the ride up. If it rides down then just sell your coins back.

Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup; You put water into a bottle it becomes the bottle; You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Spekulatius
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 10, 2012, 11:29:30 PM

I am only bullish because the manipulation is very easy at the current price level and volume of bitcoins. Somebody with a few million dollars can have no trouble controlling the market.

I think it was in the "the money makers" who said that anything that can be made scarce and quantity controlled can be manipulated. Even gold can be manipulated.

Bitcoins, with its very small volume, and especially very small volume being actively traded can be very easily controlled and manipulated.

I originally underestimated the extent to which bitcoins can be manipulated. I did this because I did not think somebody with a few million dollars would be trading.

That is why I think currently it is a safe bet, especially considering somebody with large runds was able to buy hundred of thousands of dollars worth of bitcoins, just to protect the price from falling. He is not going to let his current investment go to shit.

SO we are gambling with what looks to be a nice floor, so your upwards potential is very high here. The odds at winning this gamble is in your favor if you put a stop loss in about $5.00.

For that very reason, IMO, it is good to have the early adapters keeping millions of bitcoins away from the exchanges. To prevent people with a lot of money controlling the bitcoin supply.

Strongly disagree!
When early adopters (or anyone) keeps their BTC out of the market, then that means inciting SCARCITY. That way the available BTC can easily be bought and prices are more vulnerable to large trades.

@ others: What would happen if prices take a downturn and the bullipulator decides to sell all his BTC aquired while keeping the BID wall up only to reinvest once prices have dropped?
waveaddict

Activity: 532

View Profile
February 10, 2012, 11:42:23 PM

a 'big' move is coming given how close the daily MACD is to crossing on the neutral line and how close the weekly MACD is to crossing up past the neutral line. Either a massive amount of selling happens like now or we are going to be hitting new highs and fast come the next couple of weeks to months because of basic technical analysis.

SkRRJyTC
Legendary

Activity: 1008

View Profile
February 11, 2012, 02:56:17 AM

a 'big' move is coming given how close the daily MACD is to crossing on the neutral line and how close the weekly MACD is to crossing up past the neutral line. Either a massive amount of selling happens like now or we are going to be hitting new highs and fast come the next couple of weeks to months because of basic technical analysis.

+1 Im new to TA but that what my crystal ball says too.  Smiley

So be ready for the fall... or the boom.
istar

Activity: 523

View Profile
February 11, 2012, 10:28:27 AM

I am only bullish because the manipulation is very easy at the current price level and volume of bitcoins. Somebody with a few million dollars can have no trouble controlling the market.

I think it was in the "the money makers" who said that anything that can be made scarce and quantity controlled can be manipulated. Even gold can be manipulated.

Bitcoins, with its very small volume, and especially very small volume being actively traded can be very easily controlled and manipulated.

I originally underestimated the extent to which bitcoins can be manipulated. I did this because I did not think somebody with a few million dollars would be trading.

That is why I think currently it is a safe bet, especially considering somebody with large runds was able to buy hundred of thousands of dollars worth of bitcoins, just to protect the price from falling. He is not going to let his current investment go to shit.

SO we are gambling with what looks to be a nice floor, so your upwards potential is very high here. The odds at winning this gamble is in your favor if you put a stop loss in about $5.00.

If you put a stoploss at $5 what would you do if you hade huge pockets?
I would cause a crash down below $5.

Buy the coins from those who panic.

Bitcoins - Because we should not pay to use our money
Bro

Activity: 218
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 11, 2012, 11:28:33 AM

That's why it's so easy to manipulate this market.  You don't have to move the price, you just have to manipulate the MACD and you'll leverage every amateur who trades using only that signal.

this.
legitnick

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2012, 11:54:41 AM

no

5 BITCOIN RAFFLE GIVEAWAY
"I dont lift" - Lord Furrycoat
SkRRJyTC
Legendary

Activity: 1008

View Profile
February 11, 2012, 12:29:18 PM

That's why it's so easy to manipulate this market.  You don't have to move the price, you just have to manipulate the MACD and you'll leverage every amateur who trades using only that signal.

this.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MACD

Not only do you have to move the price to "manipulate" MACD you have to move the price over a long enough period of time to see it reflected in a moving average
Bro

Activity: 218
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 11, 2012, 12:33:26 PM

Not only do you have to move the price to "manipulate" MACD you have to move the price over a long enough period of time to see it reflected in a moving average

it is true that I have no idea of what I'm talking about, but I'm really surprised that someone would actually notice it
legitnick

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2012, 12:43:37 PM

5 BITCOIN RAFFLE GIVEAWAY
"I dont lift" - Lord Furrycoat
copumpkin
Donator

Activity: 266
Merit: 252

I'm actually a pineapple

View Profile
February 11, 2012, 06:36:09 PM

I think the basic point is that if any of the obvious indicators like MACD or RSI had any predictive power for trades, someone would take advantage of it and they would stop being meaningful. I don't subscribe blindly to the EMH, but when there's a whole community of people drawing funny lines over charts and making simplistic arguments that the market is therefore going up or down, I know what I would be doing if I had a lot of money to throw at bitcoin.
Oldminer
Legendary

Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 12, 2012, 01:10:03 AM

Your assuming hes not going to dump lot the lot at some stage. Its a trap.

It very well can be a trap, that is why you should have a stop loss in there.

I think at this point there is more of a chance of it going higher at this point. Especially considering you probably have that $5.6 floor.

so the odds are in your favor to buy right now.

I hope everyone did this?  Grin

If you like my post please feel free to give me some positive rep https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=18639
Tip me BTC: 1FBmoYijXVizfYk25CpiN8Eds9J6YiRDaX
Edward50 (OP)

View Profile
February 12, 2012, 01:32:59 AM

The 5.6 floor will not be broken!

No reason to really even put in a stop loss.

Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup; You put water into a bottle it becomes the bottle; You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.
Edward50 (OP)

View Profile
February 12, 2012, 01:58:15 AM

You took it too exact, when I say 5.6 will not be broken, it may dip below 5.6, but it will very fast be right back above 5.6.

The manipualtors need time to push it back up.

Back over 5.6 again.

It is futile to try and push the bitcoin price below that point.

Oldminer
Legendary

View Profile
February 12, 2012, 02:03:41 AM

You took it too exact, when I say 5.6 will not be broken, it may dip below 5.6, but it will very fast be right back above 5.6.

The manipualtors need time to push it back up.

Yea. Pity the banks are closed on the weekend.  Grin

If you like my post please feel free to give me some positive rep https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=18639
muyuu
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 980

View Profile
February 14, 2012, 10:01:22 AM

Lulz.

Waiting for my funds to be available so I can buy some more Cheesy

GPG ID: 7294199D - OTC ID: muyuu (470F97EB7294199D)
forum tea fund BTC 1Epv7KHbNjYzqYVhTCgXWYhGSkv7BuKGEU DOGE DF1eTJ2vsxjHpmmbKu9jpqsrg5uyQLWksM CAP F1MzvmmHwP2UhFq82NQT7qDU9NQ8oQbtkQ
Oldminer
Legendary

View Profile
February 14, 2012, 11:37:59 AM

Lulz.

Waiting for my funds to be available so I can buy some more Cheesy

Yea Ive already bought a few. Not going in too deep just yet though.

proudhon
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311

View Profile
February 14, 2012, 01:11:42 PM

Fuck it.  I'm jumping back in.

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
N12
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1010

View Profile
February 14, 2012, 01:23:13 PM

Fuck it.  I'm jumping back in.
Dude, are you me? 61.8% retracement is 4$, we have absolutely overdone it in terms of length and severity of the crash. People are scared shitless at the moment. I am, too.

Reversal (at least short term) will be had. Short squeeze, sup!
wobber
Legendary

Activity: 1064

View Profile
February 14, 2012, 01:24:45 PM

More downside? Why aren't rallies so aggressive too?

If you hate me, you can spam me here: 19wdQNKjnATkgXvpzmSrkSYhJtuJWb8mKs
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: