Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:45:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  
Author Topic: When will people feel comfortable using BTC ?  (Read 12174 times)
jambola2 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1038

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 11:07:29 AM

Simply buy back the bitcoins you spend by using the fiat you saved by spending bitcoin instead.

So instead of doing groceries for $50, do them for 0,08 bitcoin (or something) and than use the $50 to buy back 0,08 bitcoin.

This will make dollars less useful (less people buy with dollars) and bitcoin more wanted.

Actually , I think that forgoes the point.

Let's say I buy a bitcoin from any exchange , which is a pretty popular location.

I then go to my favorite shop and spend it to get 600$ worth of stuff. They use bitpay and it gets converted for them in fiat.

Bitpay levels their stock , maintaining the amount they want to keep , by selling it back to exchanges.

Overall : I bought products that were made from intermediate products that costed fiat. It was instantly converted and the storeholder got the money finally in fiat. I also converted the Bitcoins spent into fiat spent. This process shuns Bitcoin as a currency on a whole and just uses Bitcoin as a round about way to use fiat.

No longer active on bitcointalk, however, you can still reach me via PMs if needed.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
maok

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 11:16:34 AM

I then go to my favorite shop and spend it to get 600$ worth of stuff. They use bitpay and it gets converted for them in fiat.

Bitpay levels their stock , maintaining the amount they want to keep , by selling it back to exchanges.

Not necessarily, many shops use the option to only convert 80-90% back into fiat and the rest remains as btc, so as more merchants will accept it, the less they will convert.

QRKHn6UK3ToS53V6jD1rYWRYS4mxQ1mako
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▀▄▀▄▀ Quark core wallet updates  ▀▄▀▄▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Bit-Gods

Activity: 252

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 11:20:31 AM

Shops online that uses BTC are incredibly raised their earnings. its not a lot of time until more and more people will understand it.

maok

Activity: 392

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 11:31:47 AM

Shops online that uses BTC are incredibly raised their earnings. its not a lot of time until more and more people will understand it.
lets not forget the start-ups companies who wish to open business bank accounts they need a fairly large guarantee deposit, so smart entrepreneurs who have a business idea could simply employ it without the worry of payment processing plus all the risks & extra cost that comes with implementing credit cards payments on theeir website!

QRKHn6UK3ToS53V6jD1rYWRYS4mxQ1mako
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▀▄▀▄▀ Quark core wallet updates  ▀▄▀▄▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Trading
Legendary

Activity: 1455
Merit: 1033

Nothing like healthy scepticism and hard evidence

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 02:42:45 PM

I read mixed reports.

Some stores (specially brick stores) that started accepting bitcoin as payment complain that they spent time and money training their employees, but no ones uses bitcoin.

The Rock Trading Exchange forges its order books with bots, uses them to scam customers and is trying to appropriate 35000 euro from a forum member https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4975753.0
boraf

Activity: 315
Merit: 103

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 02:55:40 PM

Dish network just announce they will take bitcoin as payment.
Harley997

Activity: 266

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 04:10:06 AM

There are people using BTC as a replacement for fiat. There was even an article about a reporter who tried to live on BTC for one week. She did a follow up not long ago, trying to do the same thing and was much more successful this year. Her conclusion was that the lack of businesses accepting bitcoin is preventing people from spending them on everyday items. 

How do you spend 10 mBTC on a 5$ digital good when you believe that the same 10mBTC is worth atleast 15$ , probably more.

The price of bitcoin is determined by the market. If you feel that the price of BTC is undervalued then you can simply buy more. If you wanted to buy a $5 digital good from a merchant that only accepts BTC for 10 mBTC but you feel that 10mBTC is worth $15 then you can simply buy the good then buy 10mBTC on an exchange to replenish your supply.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 05:36:03 PM

Some stores (specially brick stores) that started accepting bitcoin as payment complain that they spent time and money training their employees, but no ones uses bitcoin.

They needs to advertise themselves a bit more, especially in Bitcoin-related forums and blogs. And the most important thing is that they need to remain patient. The bitcoin adoption is only slowly catching on. It is not mainstream yet.
transient858

Activity: 153
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 07:01:56 PM

Some of the miners already feel comfortable using BTC as payment to get their miners.
DolanDuck

Activity: 196
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 07:12:51 PM

When bitcoin value will stop the exponential growth of these years, people will start to use them as substitute of Fiat.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Harley997

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 01:36:31 AM

When bitcoin value will stop the exponential growth of these years, people will start to use them as substitute of Fiat.

People will use bicoin as a substitute for fiat prior to then.

Any time someone holds something of value and they need to purchase something they will use whatever means they have to purchase that item.

People will not go into debt just so they can hold onto their bitcoin.

PRIMEDICE
ApexEvo

Activity: 280

🌟 æternity🌟 blockchain🌟

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 03:12:00 PM

some of them never (less and less with every generation), others very fast, like myself (more and more with every generation)
and technological generations are renewing daily.

▄▄▄▄▄               ▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄        ▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄██▀        ▀██▄    ▄██▀         ▀█▄
██▀            ▀██▄  ▀▀             ██
██               ▀██        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
██                ▀██▄      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
 ██▄          ▄██   ▀██▄          ▄▄▄
  ▀██▄      ▄██▀      ▀██▄▄     ▄██▀
    ▀▀██████▀▀          ▀▀██████▀▀

Unchained Smart Contracts
Decentralized Oracle
Infinitly Scalable
Blockchain Technology
Turing-Complete
State-Channels

▄████▄▄    ▄
██             ████████████▀
████▄         █████████████▀
▀████████▄▄   █████████████
▄▄█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
  ▀██████████████████████
   █████████████████████
    ▀█████████████████▀
      ▄█████████████▀
▄▄███████████████▀
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.TWITTER.
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
TELEGRAM

▄██▄
     ▄      ▐████   ▄▄
   █████     ██████████
    █████████████████▀
 ▄████████████▀████▌
██████████     ▀████     
 ▀▀   █████     ██████████
      ▀████▌▄████████████▀
    ▄▄▄███████████████▌
   ██████████▀    ▐████
    ▀▀▀  ████▌     ▀▀▀
         ▀███▀
.SLACK.
██████████████████████████████████████████████████
REDDIT
f
.FACEBOOK.
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
LINKEDIN

Gianluca95
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1196

Reputation first.

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 03:37:05 PM

When Bitcoin will accepted everyone by everyone entrapeneur which manage it's activity ! Smiley

█████████████████████████████
███▀█████████████████████▀███
███  ▀▀███████████████▀▀  ███
███     ████▀▀ ▀▀████     ███
███     ██▀       ▀██     ███
███     ██         ██     ███
███     ██▄       ▄██     ███
███     ████▄▄ ▄▄████     ███
███  ▄▄███████████████▄▄  ███
███▄█████████████████████▄███
.Mixin Safe.

▄███████▄     
██▀   ▀██
             ▄███████▄
██▄   ▄██             ██▀   ▀██
▀███████▀             ██▄   ▄██
   ███     ▄███████▄  ▀███████▀
   ███▀▀   ██▀   ▀██     ███
   █████   ██▄   ▄██     ███▀▀
   ▀▀▀     ▀███████▀     █████
              ███        ▀▀▀
              ███▀▀
              █████
              ▀▀▀
2/3 Multisig Decentralized
Bitcoin Custody Solutions
💎
💪
🔓
CONFIDENT
RELIABLE
RECOVERABLE
..GET STARTED..
joshraban76

Activity: 252

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 04:21:47 PM

When EVERYTHING is paying paid with BTC, and when it gains more trust and when you see BTC ATM machines in streets.

\   \  \ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\◥◣◢◤//////////////// /  /   /
Win88.me ❖ Fair, Trusted Online BTC Gambling ❖
/   /  / ////////////////◢◤◥◣\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \  \   \
Harley997

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 02:25:03 AM

When EVERYTHING is paying paid with BTC, and when it gains more trust and when you see BTC ATM machines in streets.

The key to the economy having anything close to this happening is getting more merchants to accept bitcoin for payment

PRIMEDICE
jonsi
Legendary

Activity: 1397
Merit: 1019

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 02:27:52 PM

It depends on the person. If you ask when the majority of people will feel confortable using BTC I think it would be after a very long time, surely not in our life time, maybe never.
The vast majority of people don't understand money, how they came to be and what they represent... how do you aspect them to understand the benefits of using BTC as a currency?
dennydotco

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 06:02:04 PM

I love Coinbase's new auto-buy option when making a purchase. That'll certainly help.

I really don't buy much, and the gift card hoop jumping is just annoying - I've played with it but it takes a real effort.

When I can pay for gas at the pump with BTC...
When I can go to the supermarket and spend BTC...
and when local restaurants/bars/coffee shops are taking BTC...

then I will be spending BTC.
gbooz

Activity: 56

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 07:59:33 PM

It depends on the person. If you ask when the majority of people will feel confortable using BTC I think it would be after a very long time, surely not in our life time, maybe never.
The vast majority of people don't understand money, how they came to be and what they represent... how do you aspect them to understand the benefits of using BTC as a currency?
I think it is matter of time. Take a credit card as example. The Charga-Plate, developed in 1928, was an early predecessor to the credit card and used in the U.S. from the 1930s to the late 1950s. Until 1958, no one had a stable revolving credit financial system by a third-party bank; that was generally accepted by a large number of merchants, as opposed to merchant-issued revolving cards accepted by only a few merchants. Only in 1958, Bank of America launched the BankAmericard in Fresno, California and became the first successful recognizably modern credit card. So, it took 30 years...
jonsi
Legendary

Activity: 1397
Merit: 1019

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 08:10:24 PM

I think it is matter of time. Take a credit card as example. The Charga-Plate, developed in 1928, was an early predecessor to the credit card and used in the U.S. from the 1930s to the late 1950s. Until 1958, no one had a stable revolving credit financial system by a third-party bank; that was generally accepted by a large number of merchants, as opposed to merchant-issued revolving cards accepted by only a few merchants. Only in 1958, Bank of America launched the BankAmericard in Fresno, California and became the first successful recognizably modern credit card. So, it took 30 years...

You are confuseing things. A credit card is not a new currency, it just provide the means to spend existing currency: the dollar. This is a different thing, I different ideology that many of my friends have a hard time understanding. Make an experiment: try to explain to a poor uneducated man what bitcoin is and you might be amaized of what he understand.
gbooz

Activity: 56

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 08:20:53 PM

You are confuseing things. A credit card is not a new currency, it just provide the means to spend existing currency: the dollar. This is a different thing, I different ideology that many of my friends have a hard time understanding. Make an experiment: try to explain to a poor uneducated man what bitcoin is and you might be amaized of what he understand.
Well, "yes" and "no". The things are different, but the human psychology and resistance to the change is the same. 
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  

Jump to: