Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 03:13:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: (Poll is over — Does anyone know how to delete this?)  (Voting closed: June 02, 2014, 06:53:27 PM)
3% - 0 (0%)
6% - 0 (0%)
12% - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 0

Pages: « 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 [76] 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] New Piggycoin [PIGGY] | 3% interest | Web PiggyBank | Android PiggyBank  (Read 222530 times)
ebliever
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1035

View Profile
April 02, 2016, 02:58:58 AM
Last edit: April 02, 2016, 03:10:31 AM by ebliever

Ahem... either someone knows something special about our dear little Piggycoin, or Poloniex is having an April Fools joke. Anyone care to spill the beans on why Piggycoin has just shot up from ~20 satoshi to over 140???

PS: And I'm still not selling! I'm going to HODL til I can retire on PIGGY. ;-)

PPS: OK, I sold a smidgen to see if it is real. For 135 satoshi, and it sure looks real. So what is the good news??!

Luke 12:15-21

Ephesians 2:8-9

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ebliever
Legendary

View Profile
April 02, 2016, 03:40:57 AM
Last edit: April 02, 2016, 04:12:17 AM by ebliever

Rumors on the Poloniex chatbox, something about a game or games that pay out in PIGGY. One comment referred to an Angry Birds type faucet/game. Looks like the price may have exceeded the all time high around 275 a little before I checked in. Yup... looks like 308 satoshis, a new ATH to the best of my recollection.

Edit: The old ATH I refer to was with Old Piggycoin, so it's not directly comparable. This is easily the ATH today. Just hope it's based on something real, because I still don't see any confirmation.

onetoc

Activity: 113
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 02, 2016, 03:46:19 AM

Hey guys!

Good to see everyone is well!

I have been away for a while but would always come check in once in a while

Im the bloke who created the piggycoin website and all the graphics, so if you need them piggycoin, please contact me Smiley

Just wondering how big the piggycoin blockchain is these days? Just curious to know how long my wallet will take to update?

How many active connections do other people have on their wallet? Is there a way to add more?

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks guys!
Trial

Activity: 664
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 02, 2016, 06:34:47 AM

Long time did not come. What's the news?
onetoc

View Profile
April 02, 2016, 06:57:33 AM

Why are my transactions from the piggy wallet all conflicted?

Let me know please someone! Panicking right now!
onetoc

View Profile
April 02, 2016, 07:37:31 AM

Never mind, figured it out! Just needed to update blockchain then copy my wallet backup back into the directory!
huzhongqi

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 02, 2016, 11:03:45 AM

Is there anyone can tell me that  i  have the  old dat of piggycoin...How should i exchange it to new..i found that  old wallet can not be down  .maybe when it be down it can not ypdate...pelase help me  thankyou ..
piggycoin (OP)

Activity: 658

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 10:08:43 AM

Is there anyone can tell me that  i  have the  old dat of piggycoin...How should i exchange it to new..i found that  old wallet can not be down  .maybe when it be down it can not ypdate...pelase help me  thankyou ..

What version is your PiggyBank?  (Help -> About)

If you're talking about the old proof-of-work PIG, then the swap period to New PiggyCoin is over and no more swaps will happen, sorry.

New Piggycoin [PIGGY]: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=633803
The crypto for kids!
ikonic1

Activity: 28

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 05:31:22 PM

I have a couple of questions about the recent price rise.

I noticed that yesterday (April 2) the price rose in a 24 hour period from 18 to 308 satoshis.

I am wondering why? There was heavy volume on Poloniex of around 200 BTC whereas usually PIGGY is under 0.5 BTC. So it's not as if the rise was due to one or two orders of a couple of BTC which you often see with alt-coins. There was genuine community interest.

At 00:00 GMT on the 2nd, the price rose from 18 to 308 in a matter of minutes before falling to around 130 and hovering around this level for about six hours before falling. Even now at 19:00 GMT on the 3rd, the price is still around 40 satoshi.

My second question is whether this rise was predictable? In other words, was it based on something "real" (new news) or just some irrational market sentiment based on FUD and FOMO?

FWIW, I have looked at PIGGY before and think it's a great idea. I didn't buy because of the very low volumes and thus poor liquidity although, quite obviously, I now wish I had.

Thanks for any suggestions / speculations / ideas about why the price rose and whether it was predictable.
piggycoin (OP)

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 02:13:17 AM

Not sure of the reasons for the price rise.  I and neurocis thought it was extremely underpriced around 18 sat but why there was a sudden rise and drop I don't know.

I haven't been online much this past week due to moving house.  Perhaps people began to feel the absence of my oinking and felt the urge to secure some piggies for themselves?

Oink,
Mo

The crypto for kids!
ebliever
Legendary

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 02:19:37 AM

I noticed that yesterday (April 2) the price rose in a 24 hour period from 18 to 308 satoshis.

I am wondering why? There was heavy volume on Poloniex of around 200 BTC whereas usually PIGGY is under 0.5 BTC. So it's not as if the rise was due to one or two orders of a couple of BTC which you often see with alt-coins. There was genuine community interest.

At 00:00 GMT on the 2nd, the price rose from 18 to 308 in a matter of minutes before falling to around 130 and hovering around this level for about six hours before falling. Even now at 19:00 GMT on the 3rd, the price is still around 40 satoshi.

My second question is whether this rise was predictable? In other words, was it based on something "real" (new news) or just some irrational market sentiment based on FUD and FOMO?

FWIW, I have looked at PIGGY before and think it's a great idea. I didn't buy because of the very low volumes and thus poor liquidity although, quite obviously, I now wish I had.

Thanks for any suggestions / speculations / ideas about why the price rose and whether it was predictable.

I wish I had something solid to offer, but since I raised the same question above I've found nothing despite repeated google searches and checks of the few Piggycoin message threads, websites, etc. out there. If the dev team here knows anything they are keeping mum for now.

The only thing I have to report is that on the Poloniex trollbox there were some statements about a game or games that someone had apparently seen, that would pay out in piggycoin. One comment specified it was an "Angry Birds" type  game. A popular game faucet that brought in advertising revenue for the game owner could create a sustained stream of Piggycoin purchases by the game operator in order to fund the payouts to players. For a coin with a very small market cap like Piggycoin, the promise of even one such popular game could cause a major price spike. It would be a logical move, too, because someone with the ability to create such a game could quietly buy up a lot of PIGGY ahead of time and then benefit handsomely when the price rose in the general excitement of the announcement/release of the game. Think "Big fish in a small pond." By contrast someone creating a game faucet for Bitcoin is not going to cause any price impact at all. So there is incentive for them to focus on supporting an alt like Piggycoin.

But my failure to find any corroboration for the trollbox comments means I think there is a strong likelihood that this was an April Fools joke that got out of hand, or is otherwise a false rumor that let to the speculative price spike. In which case we can expect to see the price gravitate back to where it was previously. I'd like to think otherwise, but I'll just have to wait and see...

ikonic1

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 07:44:55 AM

This all makes

I wish I had something solid to offer, but since I raised the same question above I've found nothing despite repeated google searches and checks of the few Piggycoin message threads, websites, etc. out there. If the dev team here knows anything they are keeping mum for now.

The only thing I have to report is that on the Poloniex trollbox there were some statements about a game or games that someone had apparently seen, that would pay out in piggycoin. One comment specified it was an "Angry Birds" type  game. A popular game faucet that brought in advertising revenue for the game owner could create a sustained stream of Piggycoin purchases by the game operator in order to fund the payouts to players. For a coin with a very small market cap like Piggycoin, the promise of even one such popular game could cause a major price spike. It would be a logical move, too, because someone with the ability to create such a game could quietly buy up a lot of PIGGY ahead of time and then benefit handsomely when the price rose in the general excitement of the announcement/release of the game. Think "Big fish in a small pond." By contrast someone creating a game faucet for Bitcoin is not going to cause any price impact at all. So there is incentive for them to focus on supporting an alt like Piggycoin.

But my failure to find any corroboration for the trollbox comments means I think there is a strong likelihood that this was an April Fools joke that got out of hand, or is otherwise a false rumor that let to the speculative price spike. In which case we can expect to see the price gravitate back to where it was previously. I'd like to think otherwise, but I'll just have to wait and see...

This all makes sense to me. It just shows how rumours can massively amplify the price of a thinly traded coin.

What I found most interesting - and perhaps this is something that more experienced investors / speculators can comment on - is the rapid rise in such a short period. It literally appears that within a 20 minute period the price rose by about 17 times (from ~18 to ~ 300).

The other issue is how do people profit from such speculation. I can only imagine they are constantly viewing the trollbox and making very quick decisions to invest. But this would surely necessitate being glued to the trollbox. Yes?
ebliever
Legendary

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 12:38:48 PM

The other issue is how do people profit from such speculation. I can only imagine they are constantly viewing the trollbox and making very quick decisions to invest. But this would surely necessitate being glued to the trollbox. Yes?

I think so. I noticed the spike about 3-4 hours after it happened. IIRC the volume was pretty massive. It's been a couple hundred BTC the past few days, more than the market cap of PIGGY itself. But since only a fraction of PIGGY is sitting on Poloniex that implies pretty fast trading, with people buying and then selling again within hours or less.

I played a little at that back in 2014, I guess for some people it's fun. But I found it stressful and not worth the modest profits (if any) involved.

ikonic1

View Profile
April 08, 2016, 05:40:54 PM

I think so. I noticed the spike about 3-4 hours after it happened. IIRC the volume was pretty massive. It's been a couple hundred BTC the past few days, more than the market cap of PIGGY itself. But since only a fraction of PIGGY is sitting on Poloniex that implies pretty fast trading, with people buying and then selling again within hours or less.

I played a little at that back in 2014, I guess for some people it's fun. But I found it stressful and not worth the modest profits (if any) involved.

PIGGY is now 33 on Poloniex. So it hasn't gone back to 18 and, in that sense, has almost doubled in value. I will assume that many people who bought at higher rates are hoping the price rises. There are a bunch of sell orders around 50+.
BitcoinNational
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010

Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics

View Profile
April 08, 2016, 06:15:14 PM

Oink

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▄████▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▄
         ▄████████████████▄▄▄███████
       ▄█████████████████████████████
     ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████████▄
   ▄████████▀█▀███▀        ███████████
 ▄████████▀███             ███████████
▄███████▀████                ██████████▄
███████████▀                  ██████████
 ██████▄████                   ██████▄███
  ██████▄████                 ▄█████████
   ██████▄████              ▄██████████
    ██████▄█████▄▄▄▄▄     ▄████████▀
     ██████▄████████████▄████████▀█▀██▀
      ██████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀█▀██▀
       ██████████████████████▀█▀█▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
wiser
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029

View Profile
April 08, 2016, 11:19:32 PM

I was kind of wondering about the price spike myself. I was busy when it happened so failed to take meaningful advantage of it, but truly wasn't interested in unloading all my coins. I'm a long term investor and only sell off my minting proceeds from time to time.

On a sad note, Coinwallet.co is closing. They had a security breach of some sort which was not successful in actually stealing any coins, but they made the assessment that the expense and risk of security was simply too much for them. I'm sad about that, as I was staking all kinds of coins there, not just PIGGY. They are giving everyone until May 1 to withdraw coins. If you have any coins there, be sure to withdraw them. I've had no problem with that but they do warn that if lots of withdrawal requests are happening all at once there may be some delayed processing times. They are also inviting anyone who might want to take over the site to contact them Smiley

I really do hope someone invents a game that pays out in PIGGY. Something fun, sophisticated, and educational. I personally enjoy those farming type games that are starting to proliferate and pay out in satoshis.
piggycoin (OP)

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 11:18:05 AM

lol @ BitcoinNational

As wiser says, CoinWallet.co online wallet and Twitter tipbot is unfortunately closing.  Please withdraw any coins you have there well before the end of the month in case there are delays in withdrawing.

The crypto for kids!
animalroam
Legendary

Activity: 1073
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 11:04:32 PM

It is really unfortunate that CoinWallet.co. They were great guys with a great service. Still, at least Piggy still has an online wallet!
FileMooN

Activity: 53

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 01:08:32 PM

pos  % ? year...
ebliever
Legendary

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 01:21:45 PM

pos  % ? year...

3% interest rate, if that's what you are asking.

Pages: « 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 [76] 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 »
  Print  

Jump to: