Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 02:58:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: UK Bitcoiners Friendly Banks Business List Localbitcoin Traders  (Read 3801 times)
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4200
Merit: 4412

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 04:01:18 AM
Last edit: August 05, 2014, 04:19:04 AM by franky1

so if you own a co-op account and have issues.. show them their own words and ask them for the exact reason they wish to shut the account.
http://www.co-operativebank.co.uk/aboutus/ourbusiness/ethicalpolicy/human-rights

Wish I had bought that to my Co-op session would have been great to hear the reps response Cheesy

im looking into developing a template that mentions to UK banks a few fun things. but i will look into them in detail and see which holds weight. read these 2 links and you might understand a few subtle hints i would want bank managers to know when us bitcoiners set up accounts or get told they wish to close our accounts
http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/legacy/thereporters/robertpeston/2010/03/a_legal_right_to_a_bank_accoun.html
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-19511542

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
supert

Activity: 160
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 10:14:10 PM

Has anyone tried Coutt's?
CryptoScotland

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

Crypto Scotland Investor Digital Currency

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 08:59:00 AM

Hi,

Just came across this topic.  While I have 2 business accounts for our property business and now involved in Bitcoin and doing some trading but ideally want to keep it apart from our other businesses.

I have struggled to get a business account spoke with Lloyds they said no,  Used a Digital Bank called Tide and only lasted 6 weeks.

Any experts on here whom can advise which bank to go as we are fully tax paid business and have good relationship with the banks

H Ali
Crypto Scotland Buyer
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3008

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 09:30:31 AM

In all of human history there has not been one single business in the UK associated with cryptcurrencies that has obtained and maintained a British business bank account. It simply cannot be done.

That's why there are no exchanges and little or no business compared to other countries.

Your only hope might be when Fidor launches business bank accounts, but Fidor is looking increasingly useless. Their personal accounts lack giant amounts of functionality.  

I don't know how the Localbitcoins traders do it. I assume they hop from account to account.

CryptoScotland

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 09:43:44 AM

In all of human history there has not been one single business in the UK associated with cryptcurrencies that has obtained and maintained a British business bank account. It simply cannot be done.

That's why there are no exchanges and little or no business compared to other countries.

Your only hope might be when Fidor launches business bank accounts, but Fidor is looking increasingly useless. Their personal accounts lack giant amounts of functionality.  

I don't know how the Localbitcoins traders do it. I assume they hop from account to account.

Fidor is useless already have it and there too slow and not BTC Friendly at all.  Not sure how the LBC Traders do it spoke to one but obviously he could not advise but said they have accountants and lawyers etc in place.

I am sure there must be a way around it or something.  Anyone had dealings with Co-Op Bank?

Thanks

H Ali
Crypto Scotland Buyer
gentlemand
Legendary

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 09:48:22 AM

Fidor is useless already have it and there too slow and not BTC Friendly at all.  Not sure how the LBC Traders do it spoke to one but obviously he could not advise but said they have accountants and lawyers etc in place.

I am sure there must be a way around it or something.  Anyone had dealings with Co-Op Bank?

Thanks

If there was a way around it Bitcoin would be flourishing in the UK. It isn't so there isn't. It's just a fact of life. Nothing's changed since this thread was started.

If you check r/bitcoinuk, pretty much the only subject is how to handle banks.

Bitpay and Coinbase do offer merchant processing but the only possible way they're doing that is by sending GBP from Europe. The only quasi realistic UK exchange is Coinfloor and they have to bank in Poland.

Nationwide sounds like the least crypto hostile. That doesn't mean they'll be open to a business account but it's worth an ask.
CryptoScotland

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 09:55:48 AM

Thanks

If there was a way around it Bitcoin would be flourishing in the UK. It isn't so there isn't. It's just a fact of life. Nothing's changed since this thread was started.

If you check r/bitcoinuk, pretty much the only subject is how to handle banks.

Bitpay and Coinbase do offer merchant processing but the only possible way they're doing that is by sending GBP from Europe. The only quasi realistic UK exchange is Coinfloor and they have to bank in Poland.

Nationwide sounds like the least crypto hostile. That doesn't mean they'll be open to a business account but it's worth an ask.

Spoke with Lloyds and they were not interested,  I know Barclays are useless as was using Tide Business Account powered by Barclays and they closed down in 5 weeks for no reason nothing to do with chargeback.

Will give Nationwide a buzz and see what they say.

However disagree you mention BTC is not doing well in UK.  For the small time I traded on LBC it was busy was only trading with £5000-£8000 and was getting buy and sell orders like easily shifting 1-2 BTC but seen many people doing £50K+ a day on there?  (Confused on the trick I am missing)

H Ali
Crypto Scotland Buyer
gentlemand
Legendary

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 09:58:56 AM

I'm sure BTC itself is thriving, but BTC enterprise certainly isn't.

The big LBC traders must have some major banking secrets up their sleeves. I'd be very curious to know how they do it and some have countless thousands of trades. I guess they're not going to let their secrets slip.
TheQuin

Activity: 2576
Merit: 882

Freebitco.in Support https://bit.ly/2I9BVS2

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2017, 09:59:50 AM

As far as I know, this is the only way to do it in the UK. All UK banks have to comply with Bank of England supervision and that means no crypto businesses. You can trade small amounts that go unnoticed in a personal account, but for any large volume, you need to go to an offshore bank that lets you have a GBP denominated bank account. You are still going to get hit with wire fees for international transfers. I haven't checked it out but Isle of Man or the Channel Islands might be worth looking into.

freebitcoin.TO WIN A  LAMBORGHINI!..

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
                    ▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
                    ▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
                    ▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
                      ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
                           ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
CryptoScotland

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 10:05:02 AM

I'm sure BTC itself is thriving, but BTC enterprise certainly isn't.

The big LBC traders must have some major banking secrets up their sleeves. I'd be very curious to know how they do it and some have countless thousands of trades. I guess they're not going to let their secrets slip.

Yes BTC Enterprise is about as messed up as it can be as Banks don't support them.  For LBC need faster payment and hence offshore etc won't work for me.

Spoke to 1-2 big traders they only gave some tips but did not spill the beans and fair dues as some of them must do 100's of trades a day as I was doing around 15-25 trades a day.

Not looking to trade small amounts as it's a full business set up and want to do it properly legally and with all compliance.

Isle Of Man or Channel Islands may not have faster payment.  Maybe someone on here know's something we dont lol

H Ali
Crypto Scotland Buyer
pat4cryptoreal

Activity: 630
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 12:28:57 PM

This will be a very great and nice concept but the problem you will encounter is getting government approval to run the bank. There is no harm in trying.
CryptoScotland

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 08:53:10 PM

This will be a very great and nice concept but the problem you will encounter is getting government approval to run the bank. There is no harm in trying.

Think the government and even Bank Of England don't have an issue as they have done a consultation on this but it's the Bank themselves just being daft.

Well in couple of years if Crypto Take's over then the Bank go do what they want bloody idiots lol.

H Ali
Crypto Scotland Buyer
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: