Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 04:58:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Radeon 48xx series optimization  (Read 705 times)
eroxors (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

Think. Positive. Thoughts.

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2012, 07:18:27 PM

Has anyone broke 100MH/s with single-gpu 48xx series hardware? I have 2 4850s, neither go above 90ish with overclocking. Just curious as to the limits of this generation of hardware. I'm also curious if this is profitable at all with the power draw, they are cheap enough to buy ($30-$50 on forums).

Thanks

If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
February 10, 2012, 07:24:20 PM

Someone alleges they were able to reach 101MH/s with 4850 on https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Mining_hardware_comparison#AMD_.28ATI.29

Whether or not it's profitable depends on how many cards you're running per rig, PSU efficiency, and draw of other components. But, assuming you run 2 cards @ 90MH/s on one rig, and total, the rig consumes 300W, and say you spend $.125/kWh for electricity after fees/taxes....  No, it wouldn't. It perhaps could be if you have very cheap electricity or slap 4-8 cards in a single rig, but you probably wouldn't be seeing much profit margin, and you'd be at a high risk of it being unprofitable as difficulty/price changes while others are upgrading to much more energy-efficient rigs.

If the numbers I pulled out of my arse are way off, you can plug in your own numbers @ http://bitcoinx.com/profit/index.php
eroxors (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

Think. Positive. Thoughts.

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2012, 07:45:07 PM

Thanks, I figured it was either not profitable or not very profitable. It seems like nothing except overclocking changes the speed, I've tried -w 32, -w 64, -w 128, etc... and different F values. No discernible change.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: