Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 01:01:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: List of bots?  (Read 2516 times)
SgtSpike (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
February 11, 2012, 07:57:22 AM

Is there a list of all bots created for Bitcoin somewhere?  I am looking to see if there are any that fit the strategy I want to try...  But bottom line is, I want to look at all of them that are out there.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
RyNinDaCleM
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1009

Legen -wait for it- dary

View Profile
February 12, 2012, 07:30:51 AM

I'm sure if they're worth using, they probably aren't available.
If you wrote a profitable bot, would you post it up for everyone to use for free?   Wink

CA Coins
Donator

Activity: 305
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 12, 2012, 07:39:30 AM

Be interested to know if there is a list.  There is a recent thread where someone is also looking for one: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=63269.msg740048#msg740048  EDIT:  Never mind the link. just realized you were on the other thread as well.

I have an API I wrote to trade forex and was planning to write one for gox. But I agree that if it is profitable, I'd keep it a secret so good luck.
SgtSpike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 12, 2012, 07:50:20 AM

Is there some sort of basic framework someone has that I could start with?  The only programming language I REALLY know is PHP, and that doesn't seem real optimal for real-time trading.
CA Coins
Donator

View Profile
February 12, 2012, 10:15:12 AM

I assume you're interested in MtGox: check out their API documentation.  You should be able to code through their http api interface with PHP.  The http market data is cached for like 10 seconds and websocket for real-time data looks like a few lines of JavaScript.  Throw on a SQL backend and PHP should work pretty well.  I agree for real-time stocks you would probably want something more high powered than php. I will probably try to code a simple api for gox in a few weeks.  I can let you know how it goes, but otherwise good luck finding one. 
nmat

Activity: 602
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 12, 2012, 06:30:16 PM

Here are two:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=46976.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=27939.msg362816#msg362816

Honestly, I don't think that writing a bitcoin bot in PHP is that bad. The latency of the exchanges is really high when compared to the performance differences between an interpreted language and C. Also, we don't see thousands of trades every second like in the forex market.
SgtSpike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 13, 2012, 03:12:33 AM

I assume you're interested in MtGox: check out their API documentation.  You should be able to code through their http api interface with PHP.  The http market data is cached for like 10 seconds and websocket for real-time data looks like a few lines of JavaScript.  Throw on a SQL backend and PHP should work pretty well.  I agree for real-time stocks you would probably want something more high powered than php. I will probably try to code a simple api for gox in a few weeks.  I can let you know how it goes, but otherwise good luck finding one. 
Yeah, I've been looking at that.  Having some trouble dealing with the JSON output in PHP because it's not something I'm used to...
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=63551.msg745330#new

If I can't find what I'm looking for though, I'll continue to develop my own.

Here are two:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=46976.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=27939.msg362816#msg362816

Honestly, I don't think that writing a bitcoin bot in PHP is that bad. The latency of the exchanges is really high when compared to the performance differences between an interpreted language and C. Also, we don't see thousands of trades every second like in the forex market.
Thanks for the links!  Unfortunately, the second link, which is programmed in PHP, is broken.  That would have shown me the code I need to utilize the JSON dumps though.  :\  Looks like there's a VB.net bot later on in the thread though, and I know that language too, will probably give that a try.
nmat

View Profile
February 13, 2012, 03:25:20 AM

Thanks for the links!  Unfortunately, the second link, which is programmed in PHP, is broken.  That would have shown me the code I need to utilize the JSON dumps though.  :\  Looks like there's a VB.net bot later on in the thread though, and I know that language too, will probably give that a try.

You're right. I didn't notice it was from Megaupload. Anyway, here's something that might help you get started: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=61110.0
SgtSpike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 13, 2012, 03:57:02 AM

You're right. I didn't notice it was from Megaupload. Anyway, here's something that might help you get started: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=61110.0
Thanks!  That looks like exactly the kind of base I need to get started!
SgtSpike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 13, 2012, 08:11:24 AM

Just took about 2 hours and coded my own (very simplistic) PHP bot.  But it executes exactly the strategy I wanted...  I'll still have to work on finding something that executes the strategy I want, but with using real-time data.  I haven't a clue when it comes to websockets in PHP/Javascript, so I'm just using the regular HTTP API.

Maybe I'll pay someone to program it for me... still need to check out the vb.net project though.  If that's already coded to use websockets, then maybe I can modify it to suit my needs.
CA Coins
Donator

View Profile
February 13, 2012, 09:58:33 AM

Nice!  Well, good luck!
nmat

View Profile
February 13, 2012, 10:11:38 AM

Just took about 2 hours and coded my own (very simplistic) PHP bot.  But it executes exactly the strategy I wanted...  I'll still have to work on finding something that executes the strategy I want, but with using real-time data.  I haven't a clue when it comes to websockets in PHP/Javascript, so I'm just using the regular HTTP API.

Maybe I'll pay someone to program it for me... still need to check out the vb.net project though.  If that's already coded to use websockets, then maybe I can modify it to suit my needs.

Bear in mind that MtGox's Socket API usually goes down as soon as the action starts. It's highly unreliable. So even if you make the code for the Socket API you should always use the normal API as a fallback.
SgtSpike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 13, 2012, 05:08:23 PM

Bear in mind that MtGox's Socket API usually goes down as soon as the action starts. It's highly unreliable. So even if you make the code for the Socket API you should always use the normal API as a fallback.
Good to know.

On that note, I went from 1 BTC to 0.92 BTC overnight.  Obviously, my bot needs some adjustments!  :p  I knew of one flaw before I went to bed, but needed sleep, and didn't know if it would affect the results very much anyway.
SgtSpike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 14, 2012, 04:10:14 PM

Made some adjustments, now starting to make some money!  Up 5% overnight, during the downturn from $5.00 to $4.50.  Suppose that means the bot is doing its job!
ThiagoCMC
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1000

฿itcoin: Currency of Resistance!

View Profile
February 14, 2012, 04:35:03 PM

Made some adjustments, now starting to make some money!  Up 5% overnight, during the downturn from $5.00 to $4.50.  Suppose that means the bot is doing its job!

Where can I download a bot?

Tks,
Thiago
Clark

Activity: 548
Merit: 502

So much code.

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2012, 04:43:13 PM

You can connect PHP to socket.io and run it in the command line for a real time solution. No need to go back and forth between PHP + JS with AJAX. And the latest edition to the MtGox API description page (on the wiki) shows how to submit orders over the WebSocket as well.

Yes, you will need fallback to straight API calls.

SgtSpike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 14, 2012, 05:03:10 PM

You can connect PHP to socket.io and run it in the command line for a real time solution. No need to go back and forth between PHP + JS with AJAX. And the latest edition to the MtGox API description page (on the wiki) shows how to submit orders over the WebSocket as well.

Yes, you will need fallback to straight API calls.
Yeah, but I would have no idea what I am doing.  I don't know what socket.io is, I don't know how you would run PHP in the command line, and I don't know how to make a fallback.

Which is why I mentioned having someone else program it for me.  Smiley
Clark

Activity: 548
Merit: 502

So much code.

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2012, 08:37:18 PM

Yeah, but I would have no idea what I am doing.  I don't know what socket.io is, I don't know how you would run PHP in the command line, and I don't know how to make a fallback.

Which is why I mentioned having someone else program it for me.  Smiley

Understood. In that case, I don't know of any bot lists out there.

runlinux

Activity: 566
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2012, 08:42:45 PM

Looks like there's a VB.net bot later on in the thread though, and I know that language too, will probably give that a try.

That's mine!  Grin

It is going to stop working here in a bit as mtGox is discontinuing that API. I am stuck until I can figure out the new API.

I am working on a new one, but progress is slow...

SgtSpike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 14, 2012, 09:35:09 PM

Looks like there's a VB.net bot later on in the thread though, and I know that language too, will probably give that a try.

That's mine!  Grin

It is going to stop working here in a bit as mtGox is discontinuing that API. I am stuck until I can figure out the new API.

I am working on a new one, but progress is slow...
Hope the API isn't the one I'm using.... I use just the basic http request method.  Which API is being disabled?

EDIT:  Still haven't tried your VB.NET bot yet though.  I want to set up a separate MtGox account and have my bot and your bot (and possibly more bots) compete with their own stashes of BTC.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: