Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 12:09:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: In your opinion was Apollo 11 real or faked mission?  (Voting closed: June 08, 2014, 09:53:02 AM)
Real - 21 (84%)
Faked - 1 (4%)
I have no idea - 3 (12%)
Total Voters: 25

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Apollo 11 fake or real?  (Read 4916 times)
Cryptopher
Legendary

Activity: 1789
Merit: 1008

Keep it dense, yeah?

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 12:19:41 PM

Its real, because most people think it is Smiley

Is that how reality works these days? Reality through consensus haha. Proof-of-Reality.

Justin00
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 12:31:49 PM

real, that is all.

other conspiracies maybe, but not this one Smiley

oureptsC (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 12:38:31 PM

Probably It was real because but I just can't guarantee 100%. Look at the future missions here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_proposed_missions_to_the_Moon  a lot of manned moon landing missions in 2020 year and + interesting how many of them will come reality. Should be fun to see them.

u9y42
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 1071

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 01:57:54 PM

So I just recently thought about the Apollo 11. It Is such a big event in all history and we all meant to believe that It Is true and during Apollo 11 mission 2 man really stepped on the Moons surface. A lot of people say that It Is fake and Armstrong and Buzz actually never landed on the Moon Surface?

Read here on wiki for more information : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moon_landing_conspiracy_theories

What do you think?

There's a particularly funny talk Neil deGrasse Tyson gave about science illiteracy in which he mentions this conspiracy theory (and a couple of others for good measure): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKtZ05XHkT0. I'd recommend the whole thing if you have the time, but jump to about 13m20s for the relevant part.

I also think taht it may be faked but we can't be sure...also ofc you can't see stars there if there is day time.

The moon doesn't have an atmosphere, so you'd be able to see the stars just fine, even with the sun overhead. But of course, as others pointed out, you can't see them in the pics due to the limitations of the cameras.
AnimeBoy_007

Activity: 172
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 07:26:18 PM

It happened.
DolanDuck

Activity: 196
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 07:48:38 PM

Luckily the poll is revealing that it wasn't a conspiracy, a fake landing, I'm almost sure of it too.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Foxpup
Legendary

Activity: 4368
Merit: 3060

Vile Vixen and Miss Bitcointalk 2021-2023

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 02:41:06 AM

The moon doesn't have an atmosphere, so you'd be able to see the stars just fine, even with the sun overhead. But of course, as others pointed out, you can't see them in the pics due to the limitations of the cameras.
It's got nothing to do with the cameras, your eyes have the same limitation. The Earth's atmosphere does not block light from the stars. Why do you think you can see them at night (if you live sufficiently far from a city)?

Will pretend to do unspeakable things (while actually eating a taco) for bitcoins: 1K6d1EviQKX3SVKjPYmJGyWBb1avbmCFM4
I am not on the scammers' paradise known as Telegram! Do not believe anyone claiming to be me off-forum without a signed message from the above address! Accept no excuses and make no exceptions!
trand

Activity: 252

Streamity Decentralized cryptocurrency exchange

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2014, 04:25:27 AM

it real

lapah

Activity: 121

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 05:27:13 AM

Why would anyone think this is fake? when apollo 13 happened.. its why they continue their nasa program for the apollo project.
vokain
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1019

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2014, 05:35:40 AM

whoa whoa whoa, we're getting ahead of ourselves here. We don't even know a priori that the moon is even real
leezay

Activity: 363

SWISSREALCOIN - FIRST REAL ESTATE CRYPTO TOKEN

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 06:43:14 AM

Can't fake something this big.

DrG
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1035

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 08:33:33 AM

Having volunteered at JPL (dad worked there a bit) I'm pretty confident it was real.

Plus the Russians would have totally called BS back then.  If they're willing to put nukes on Cuba calling out the US on worldwide press would be like a birthday gift  Grin
AnimeBoy_007

Activity: 172
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 02:43:11 PM

Can't fake something this big.
That's true..They won't get nothing either. By faking such a thing. Roll Eyes
zolace

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 02:48:13 PM

Real! The nonsense about the Moon landing being faked was started by a FOX TV show I've heard. Scientists have refuted it many times. Several people have given much proof that the moon landing was real. I need not repeat it. I see five thumbs downs for people who say the Moon landing was real. Whoever did that is ignorant and hateful. The First Amendment gives Americans freedom of speech, but some ignorant people on here only want their wrong opinions to be shown. That is disastrous. A system that allows such things is bad.

⚂⚄ Pocket Dice — Real dice experienceProvably Fair
Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Acidyo

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Will Bitcoin Rise Again to $60,000?

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 02:52:19 PM

Only idiots would think it wasn't real at this point.
Rigon

Activity: 994
Merit: 441

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 03:24:16 PM

10 reasons I know the Apollo 11 moon landing was faked

1.There were three men on the Apollo 11 spacecraft. That means that the odds of someone dying at any given point in the mission were one in three... YET NO ONE DID!

2.The moon is approximately six kajillion miles away. It is impossible to travel that far because "kajillion" is a made-up word and not a measurable distance. You would be travelling forever!

3.If men had landed on the moon, this would have angered the lunar vampires we know to live there, sparking a war between Earth and the lunar vampires that would currently be ravaging both worlds. No such war appears to be taking place.  Yet it is. The government is just covering that up, too. But it wasn't started by an incursion on their territory, it was started during a dispute over the ownership of a mule named Paco.

4.This so-called "moon" that supposedly orbits our planet cannot be real because the teachings of Septon the Inquisitor tell us that life is an illusion and the real waking state does not come until we die and arrive, ironically, on the moon which is where people go when they die. I know it sounds confusing, but it makes a lot more sense after you watch the informational video and relinquish all your wordly possessions.

5.The entire trip supposedly took 8 days yet at no point are the astronauts shown on live TV defecating.  And no one outside of NASA employees, some contractors, government inspectors, EPA officials, family and friends of the astronauts and the astronauts themselves has ever even seen any of the mythical poop bags from the supposed flight. WHERE ARE THE POOP BAGS??? Without defecating, they would have exploded after day 4.

6.Cary Elwes played command module pilot Michael Collins in "From the Earth to the Moon". Cary Elwes is an actor who was also in "Glory" and "The Princess Bride", therefore we know the entire mission was faked.

7.A lot of the communication between the LEM, command module and Capcom is filled with static which is just how someone would fake such communication in order to make it sound real. Which it isn't.

8."Buzz"?  That's not even a name. It's a sound that bees make.

9.Three men in a confined space for 8 days and there's no gay sex? Right. Any graduate of a British boarding school for boys would tell you that's impossible.

10.I was a hollow shell of a person with few interpersonal relationships before I began to believe the moon landings were faked. Now I have a purpose and set of shared beliefs with a small cadre of others and we have achieved a modicum of fame for ourselves as noted kooks, fame we would never have been able to otherwise achieve because we have no natural talents.

That last one alone should convince anyone.
http://johnmoltz.com/post/146407206/10-reasons-i-know-the-apollo-11-moon-landing-was-faked/John_Moltz/Return.html
bitsmichel

Activity: 518

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 03:34:05 PM

1.There were three men on the Apollo 11 spacecraft. That means that the odds of someone dying at any given point in the mission were one in three... YET NO ONE DID!

Where do you get this chance of one in three from?  I don't think this is a valid assumption.

noviapriani

Activity: 350

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 03:51:20 PM

Can't tell for sure, but there is plenty of reasons to suspect it's fake. Some of the reasons are, USS Liberty, JFK , MLK, RFK, Gulf of Tonkin, Afghanistan, Iraq,  9/11, Boston, Sandy Hook, not to mention the photo anomalies and the radiation belt. Need I say more?

umair127

Activity: 378

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 03:55:01 PM

It's been 40 years since Armstrong landed on the moon, so why hasn't anyone gone up there again? Why hasn't another country developed the means to travel to the moon?
I also saw a documentary about how the entire thing was a hoax, but that was a while ago. Have they proved that the moon landing was not a hoax?

bitsmichel

Activity: 518

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 04:15:36 PM

It's been 40 years since Armstrong landed on the moon, so why hasn't anyone gone up there again? Why hasn't another country developed the means to travel to the moon?
I also saw a documentary about how the entire thing was a hoax, but that was a while ago. Have they proved that the moon landing was not a hoax?

The Chinese have a robotic moon mission https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_Lunar_Exploration_Program  I think, the cost of going to the moon is higher than the benefits;

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: