Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:25:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Quiet server cabinets  (Read 5565 times)
psahx

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 07:16:35 AM

I made noise cancelling panels with HVAC fiber ductboard.I installed them in a restaurant that had hard wood ceilings & concrete floors,it only took a few well placed panels to stop the echo  Wink

I cut all edges at a 45 degree angle & sprayed glue on the fiberglass side & applied a fabric to it.That keeps the fiberglass from flaking off & gives a classy look.

The other side has the silver aluminized facing which is kinda tough.It can be punctured/scratched/ripped though.You can paint it any color you want.

Each sheet is 10 ft x 4 ft x 1 inch or 1 1/2 thick & costs about $35 a sheet.

Just an idea  Wink

Can you please post some photos as well? Sounds very attractive Smiley
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Spotswood (OP)

Activity: 512
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2014, 02:37:18 PM

First pics!  (Pardon some of the protective paper).   Roll Eyes

Fresh air enters the cabinet from the bottom of the front door and exits out the top of the back door with a -10dB in noise.

This 8U quiet cabinet would be perfect for 2x Spondoolies-Tech SP30.   Grin

Cool man, this is exactly what one will need, to run some SP at home!!! I liked very much the idea with the vent duct, thus you can remove the hot air from SPs directly out from building. Does it come with a blower?

It will not include a blower.  You local home improvement store should have 'em in stock. 

Spotswood (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2014, 03:48:19 PM

A quick video demonstrating the effectiveness of my quiet server cabinet:

http://youtu.be/UFVYyNDMCUA

jtlightner

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 06:45:00 PM

Spotswood, are you using 80/20 parts for the frame?

Certainly looks like 80/20 parts I have seen in the past...
Spotswood (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2014, 07:01:47 PM

Spotswood, are you using 80/20 parts for the frame?

Certainly looks like 80/20 parts I have seen in the past...

Its made from aluminum t-slot extrusions, not 80/20, but another vendor.

Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 09:56:37 PM

I made noise cancelling panels with HVAC fiber ductboard.I installed them in a restaurant that had hard wood ceilings & concrete floors,it only took a few well placed panels to stop the echo  Wink

I cut all edges at a 45 degree angle & sprayed glue on the fiberglass side & applied a fabric to it.That keeps the fiberglass from flaking off & gives a classy look.

The other side has the silver aluminized facing which is kinda tough.It can be punctured/scratched/ripped though.You can paint it any color you want.

Each sheet is 10 ft x 4 ft x 1 inch or 1 1/2 thick & costs about $35 a sheet.

Just an idea  Wink

Can you please post some photos as well? Sounds very attractive Smiley

Sorry,but I lost the pics when a HDD failed a few years ago   Cry

You can use ANY fabric you want almost,it needs to be abit porous though,to let the sound in,otherwise it kinda defeats the principal  Cheesy

The panels were 3 ft x 4 ft & a few were 2 1/2 ft x 6 ft.You could make them almost any shape,just need to work the fabric around the curves,can be tricky  Wink

My customer had a carpenter come in later & put them in wood frames,it turned out really nice!! Wish I still had those pics!!!  Angry

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
Spotswood (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2014, 11:47:22 PM

I'm now ready to take orders for this 8U quiet server cabinet.

Features
  • 19" Rack-mount cabinet
  • Entire interior lined with noise absorbing and noise blocking foam (-10dB reduction; video here)
  • Front intake via duct/door
  • Rear exhaust via duct/door (with a 4x10-inch cutout to connect to exhaust system)
  • 4x 8U round hole server rack posts
  • Ships flat-packed (from New Hampshire)

Specifications
Form Factor8U
MaterialsAluminum extrusion, aluminum sheeting, acrylic
Supported chassis depth23.5-inches (596mm)
Internal DimensionsHeight: 15.5-inches (394mm)
Width: 20.5-inches (521mm)
Depth: 23.5-inches (596mm)
External DimensionsHeight: 20.5-inches (521mm)
Width: 21.5-inches (546mm)
Depth: 37.5-inches (957mm)
Weight49 pounds (22.3 kg)

For more info, see here.

-Rich

wanna4fun

Activity: 119

noobie

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 12:49:12 AM

I'm working on this kind of cabinet too.
To have better performance with the noise reduction you could use foam for the wall and sound trap for the intake and outcoming air.
Below and example of a sound trap.

Spotswood (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2014, 10:49:46 PM

I'm working on this kind of cabinet too.
To have better performance with the noise reduction you could use foam for the wall and sound trap for the intake and outcoming air.
Below and example of a sound trap.

That looks awesome.

This current design attempts to strike a balance between noise reduction and cooling (with more emphasis on cooling atm).

notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 10:55:17 PM

Looks like a great product.  I love the sleek design.  Do you mind taking a picture of front exhaust?  I'm curious what it looks like.
Spotswood (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2014, 11:48:56 PM
Last edit: August 06, 2014, 12:17:46 AM by Spotswood

Looks like a great product.  I love the sleek design.  Do you mind taking a picture of front exhaust?  I'm curious what it looks like.

I don't have interior pics just yet, but here is the model of the front door.  The interior is lined with sound absorbing foam.  Air enters the cabinet via the open bottom.

wanna4fun

Activity: 119

noobie

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 02:01:03 AM
Last edit: August 07, 2014, 02:35:22 AM by wanna4fun

Looks like a great product.  I love the sleek design.  Do you mind taking a picture of front exhaust?  I'm curious what it looks like.

I don't have interior pics just yet, but here is the model of the front door.  The interior is lined with sound absorbing foam.  Air enters the cabinet via the open bottom.

I believe that making the door the way you intake and out take the air is wrong (it seems good on professional product tough). It require to much work and precision to make it effective.
After thinking about it I plan to make my sound traps in the cabinet and I want to it to be removable and cleanable.
To me, the best is to make big hole and use this component to connect the sound trap with the interior and the exterior of the cabinet.

To make the soundtrap, I'm thinking about using plastic box with foam in side. To break the sound, polystyrene plate with foam stick on it. I may have 100% sound reduction Cheesy

What is the program did you use to make 3D model ?

EDIT : this is what i think of :
then all you have to worry is make sure that air does not go out or in from doors. The most of the noise will come from the air flow

Spotswood (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2014, 04:31:41 AM

I believe that making the door the way you intake and out take the air is wrong (it seems good on professional product tough). It require to much work and precision to make it effective.
After thinking about it I plan to make my sound traps in the cabinet and I want to it to be removable and cleanable.
To me, the best is to make big hole and use this component to connect the sound trap with the interior and the exterior of the cabinet.

To make the soundtrap, I'm thinking about using plastic box with foam in side. To break the sound, polystyrene plate with foam stick on it. I may have 100% sound reduction Cheesy

What is the program did you use to make 3D model ?

EDIT : this is what i think of :
then all you have to worry is make sure that air does not go out or in from doors. The most of the noise will come from the air flow

I use Sketchup.

Spotswood (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2014, 02:13:16 PM

Interior pics:

Spotswood (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2014, 12:39:30 AM
Last edit: March 23, 2017, 04:56:25 PM by Spotswood

For sale thread is live.   Roll Eyes

sussanbetcher

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 23, 2017, 10:48:15 AM

It would be useful for many customers as the sale thread for the server rack frames are up now. As there is custom size frames are available many people would be interested in this deal with this reasonable prize. Can you guide me to your services page where I can get more info about the kind of fields you handle?

Thanks
server rack shelf
Sussan B.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: