Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 12:58:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Spend Bitcoins temporarily down May 25 2012  (Read 1911 times)
Jeremy West spendbitcoins.com (OP)

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2012, 12:05:11 AM
Last edit: May 25, 2012, 09:15:44 AM by Jeremy West spendbitcoins.com

EDIT: As this is the first google result for "spendbitcoins down?" I'm editing it to link to:

http://spendbitcoins.com.au so people searching will hopefully find it.

I have brought my brother, a graphic designer and web developer, on as a partner in the business and there are big changes coming.

As such, Spend Bitcoins will be down for one week for renovations from 0300 UTC 04 February 2012. When it relaunches at 0300 UTC 11 February 2012 it will be a much prettier site which is much easier to navigate and use. As I have not had a single day off since the original launch last May, I will be unreachable during this week, but will answer all emails ASAP after relaunch.

In the weeks following the relaunch, we will be rolling out features that allow you to spend bitcoins on sites that don't accept them without even coming to our site. We hope to make bitcoins just as easy (if not easier) to spend as any other payment method all over the web.

Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
yochdog
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 02, 2012, 08:31:44 PM

I have brought my brother, a graphic designer and web developer, on as a partner in the business and there are big changes coming.

As such, Spend Bitcoins will be down for one week for renovations from 0300 UTC 04 February 2012. When it relaunches at 0300 UTC 11 February 2012 it will be a much prettier site which is much easier to navigate and use. As I have not had a single day off since the original launch last May, I will be unreachable during this week, but will answer all emails ASAP after relaunch.

In the weeks following the relaunch, we will be rolling out features that allow you to spend bitcoins on sites that don't accept them without even coming to our site. We hope to make bitcoins just as easy (if not easier) to spend as any other payment method all over the web.

This is great to hear.  Sad you will be down for a week, but the improvements sound awesome.

Jeremy has been the most reliable BTC related business person I have yet run across. 

I am a trusted trader!  Ask Inaba, Luo Demin, Vanderbleek, Sannyasi, Episking, Miner99er, Isepick, Amazingrando, Cablez, ColdHardMetal, Dextryn, MB300sd, Robocoder, gnar1ta$ and many others!
bittenbob

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 02, 2012, 11:55:34 PM

That's a shame, I was just about to buy my amazon gift card but I can wait a week while you improve the site.

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2012, 02:00:57 AM

That's a shame, I was just about to buy my amazon gift card but I can wait a week while you improve the site.

Go for it! We're still open for another 25 hours. Smiley

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2012, 03:24:25 AM

Go for it! We're still open for another 25 hours. Smiley

Just to clarify, UTC is the date & time on the top right corner of this forum. Smiley

bittenbob

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 03, 2012, 03:27:58 AM

Thanks Jeremy,

Your prices are the best around right now. I can hold off on the purchase until the new site is ready if that means a more seamless process. Can you tell us if your relative prices will change on the new site? If its going to cost relatively more I will definitely order right now but if not I will wait.

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2012, 04:04:33 AM

Thanks Jeremy,

Your prices are the best around right now. I can hold off on the purchase until the new site is ready if that means a more seamless process. Can you tell us if your relative prices will change on the new site? If its going to cost relatively more I will definitely order right now but if not I will wait.

Our prices for actually SPENDING bitcoins will remain relatively the same. Once we get our spending tool (will allow you to to skip our site and just spend directly on the site you are shopping on) ready (which will probably still be in development when we relaunch) then there will be a charge for merely ordering a gift code on our site (though still no charge for using the spending tool to actually SPEND on the site). Haven't hammered down what that charge will be, but it will be something.

chiropteran

Activity: 348
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2012, 07:27:15 PM

Looking forward to seeing the new site.  My prior transactions have all gone smoothly with you.

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2012, 03:34:29 AM

Technical difficulties have us running just a bit behind. Will update with a new ETA soon.

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2012, 07:29:41 AM

Technical difficulties have us running just a bit behind. Will update with a new ETA soon.

...and we're back.

Lots more to do, but the main functions from the old site should now be working on the new site. Let us know what you think!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: