Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 04:25:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I do Graphic Design [for BTC!]  (Read 1599 times)
joest (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 12, 2012, 12:22:35 AM

Hi there,

In "real life" I'm a Graphic Designer.  I figured I'd extend those services onto this board, too. In my recent quest to acquire bitcoins, I realized the best way to get my hands on some would probably be to work for them.

I do MOSTLY print design - things like logos, stationery, business cards, flyers, brochures, post cards, etc - with a lil web design thrown in for good measure. (By no means do I consider myself a coder, though...strictly a designer.)

Though I don't usually work on spec (as in "I design this, and if you like it you pay me") but since I'm new to here, I plan on working that way for a while. I do the design, send over low rez previews, and once you're happy I get paid and you get your full resolution files. Send an email to joest@tormail.net with a basic summary of your project and I'll get a quote back to you ASAP!

Thanks for reading!

-joest
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
weex
Legendary

Activity: 1102
Merit: 1014

View Profile
February 12, 2012, 01:15:58 AM

Do you have a portfolio or any work online that forum members can peruse?
film2240
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

Freelance videographer

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2012, 12:37:54 AM

I'll bear that in mind as I could make use of a graphic design service for a DVD cover,DVD disc print image (delivered as a full normal image so I can pick and chose in my printer software what to print) and a film poster (res must be good enough for an A2 poster-it gets sent to the printers). I'm a filmmaker seeking bids from gfx designers of high skill and reasonable cost who can do an excellent quality job.Perhaps I should have started a separate thread for that,but oh well.

At this point,I'm justing browsing services here and am not ready to commit yet to any services.Anyways,like the previous poster said,I'd need to see your portfolio of work before I consder hiring you.

[This signature is available for rent.BTC/ETH/LTC or £50 equivalent a month]
THCGroup

Activity: 51

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2012, 06:08:39 AM

What's your fees?
Electrongolf

Activity: 139
Merit: 100

What's Your Gig?

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2012, 03:19:34 AM

As mentioned above, you should link to your portfolio. Graphic design is a popular service with bitcoin. Try to give people easy access to examples of your work, post your services on high traffic sites. You may get good results.

Distribution

Activity: 711
Merit: 500

Fight fire with photos.

View Profile
March 02, 2012, 03:24:38 AM

Yes, we see a lot of graphic designers here. It's always good to have options though. When I needed a logo for a website, one wouldn't do it (because it had to do with gun holsters) some didn't answer and one did a great job.
film2240
Legendary

Freelance videographer

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2012, 12:37:55 PM

What's your fees?

He charged me 25BTC for a A2 movie poster.When I told him that was too high,he agreed to drop this to 21.25BTC.Flexibility is just as important as getting a bargain.Pay too little and you lose flexibility (in general terms that is).

gbr

Activity: 18

View Profile
March 04, 2012, 09:34:10 PM

He charged me 25BTC for a A2 movie poster.When I told him that was too high,he agreed to drop this to 21.25BTC.Flexibility is just as important as getting a bargain.Pay too little and you lose flexibility (in general terms that is).

Film2240, you are confusing OP of this thread with me. I am the designer who contacted you and made the poster for 21.25 BTC.
film2240
Legendary

Freelance videographer

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2012, 09:46:12 PM

Film2240, you are confusing OP of this thread with me. I am the designer who contacted you and made the poster for 21.25 BTC.
Oops sorry gbr.My mistake.

weex
Legendary

View Profile
March 05, 2012, 03:25:07 AM

Gbr, is this poster or any of your other work available online? Do you have a thread started?
gbr

View Profile
March 05, 2012, 09:44:54 PM

Gbr, is this poster or any of your other work available online? Do you have a thread started?

Weex, thanks for your interest. I will PM you right now.

I haven't started my own thread yet, since I currently have a lot of work. I might refurbish my portfolio and advertise my services more actively if I have spare time after I'm done with my current projects in a couple of months or so.

However, I am available for enquiries, I just don't need to sell my services proactively at the moment. I did a couple of design jobs for the Bitcoin community during past couple of weeks. I'm really interested in Bitcoin and I hope that freelance work for BTC here could be a good investment. I specialize in graphic/web/identity design and email marketing. So, if anyone is interested and would like to see examples of my work and get quotes, please PM me.
film2240
Legendary

Freelance videographer

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2012, 09:24:40 PM

I haven't started my own thread yet, since I currently have a lot of work. I might refurbish my portfolio and advertise my services more actively if I have spare time after I'm done with my current projects in a couple of months or so.

However, I am available for enquiries, I just don't need to sell my services proactively at the moment. I did a couple of design jobs for the Bitcoin community during past couple of weeks. I'm really interested in Bitcoin and I hope that freelance work for BTC here could be a good investment. I specialize in graphic/web/identity design and email marketing. So, if anyone is interested and would like to see examples of my work and get quotes, please PM me.
Hey gbr, can you get in touch with me asap please? I've paid your full rate of 21.25BTC.I would like my files thanks.

gbr

View Profile
March 21, 2012, 03:49:31 AM

Hey gbr, can you get in touch with me asap please? I've paid your full rate of 21.25BTC.I would like my files thanks.

Thank you, film2240! Please check your PM, I've sent you the link to all files.
weex
Legendary

View Profile
March 21, 2012, 08:55:39 AM
Last edit: March 25, 2012, 06:25:03 AM by weex

Not to digress from this thread too much, I just wanted to thank gbr for his help with a project of mine. He was very easy to work with.

Edit: typo.
gbr

View Profile
March 25, 2012, 12:47:35 AM

Not to digress from this thread toe much, I just wanted to thank gbr for his help with a project of mine. He was very easy to work with.

Thank you for your feedback, weex! I also enjoyed working for you.

I also feel that we have unintentionaly hijacked OP's thread. Sorry about that, joest. I'm going to bring my portfolio up to date and start my own thread during next couple of weeks or so.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: