Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 08:33:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Business @ Bitcoin Supermarket Waning  (Read 1816 times)
Kluge (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
February 12, 2012, 12:33:14 PM

I hate to be the one to point out concerning information, but as I wandered the isles of the powerful symbol which secures Bitcoin's future, I couldn't help but notice a lack of new items. I strolled down the aisles the other day... pristine, functioning refrigerated shelves, bright displays, a few people -- not many people, and no new products.... Sure, Saul's Orange Juice has a "new & improved" look, but I can point you toward my own goat cheese sales (creation commissioned by Goat, oddly enough -- I don't even like the stuff) to show just how needed community production is right now to spur the community's growth. The owner committed to funding it forever, and he certainly has the money to do so, but the lack of producers' interest in such a fantastic medium is concerning, to say the least. The building cost about as much as the entire value of Bitcoins. The store simply carries the best products, though -- amazing artisan cuts of meat, lambs grown by individuals and families - their meat (the lambs', that is) sold for Bitcoins to sustain their remarkable livelihood, which is quite rare. Very few people are able to see their product go from start to finish, and not a benefit to society the Bitcoin community should casually ignore.

Going back before it gets too light out. Last time, I ended up being chased by bees, and I have no idea how I went from checking stock in the Bitcoin supermarket to being outside and chased by bees (which were perched on tree branches). Oh... I vaguely remember, now... there was a radio advertisement in the store about what life would be like in a libertarian society trying to catch a cab, and I talked to a manager about how propaganda-y it sounded, but he told me to keep listening... The dream then shifted and I observed a fellow who was mugged and ended up in a homeless shelter... .... No - still don't see where the bees are coming in.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Kettenmonster

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

bool eval(bool b){return b ? b==true : b==false;}

View Profile
February 12, 2012, 02:00:03 PM

You should probably better go for bumble bees. They usually don´t sting plus they can stand lesser temperatures.

The paining (sic!) is done with the QPainter class inside the paintEvent() method.
(source: my internet)
Atheros

Activity: 249
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2012, 08:55:56 AM

I googled 'Bitcoin Supermarket' and couldn't find anything about it.

I have no idea what you are talking about.

BM-GteJMPqvHRUdUHHa1u7dtYnfDaH5ogeY
Bitmessage.org - Decentralized, trustless, encrypted, authenticated messaging protocol and client.
coretechs
Donator

Activity: 362

View Profile
February 13, 2012, 04:25:30 PM

Maybe he's referring to BitMunchies?  It looks like they might be closing.

http://bitmunchies.com/

https://bitcoindoc.com - The Rise and Rise of Bitcoin | https://blocktap.io - Lightning powered crypto query engine
rjk

Activity: 448

1ngldh

View Profile
February 13, 2012, 05:02:18 PM

He is using a supermarket as a metaphor for all the products and services available for purchase in Bitcoin, it seems. And I agree with his assessment that the products and services currently available are somewhat static and stale and need more variety.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
Kluge (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
February 13, 2012, 05:31:28 PM

Really was just a dream. Woke up from it in middle of night and decided to write it foggy-headed in case I was interested in remembering it the next day.
coretechs
Donator

Activity: 362

View Profile
February 13, 2012, 06:27:07 PM

The Ambien walrus accepts bitcoin?

https://bitcoindoc.com - The Rise and Rise of Bitcoin | https://blocktap.io - Lightning powered crypto query engine
ineededausername

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

bitcoin hundred-aire

View Profile
February 13, 2012, 07:22:50 PM

Dreaming about Bitcoin, oh dear. Shocked

(BFL)^2 < 0
bb113

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 14, 2012, 08:51:42 AM

Sorta tells you what the purpose of dreams may be, right?
Kluge (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
February 14, 2012, 09:02:52 AM

Keeping me awake the next day wondering how I went from the dingy homeless shelter where the mugged man went (he was mugged while it was dark & raining -- in the homeless shelter, he bunked with another fellow who had all sorts of high-tech gadgets set up who was clearly gaming the charity of others) to being in a high-contrast outdoor area with bees perched on vibrant green trees. I'd guess the connection between being in the store and near the mugged fellow was that I walked outside, into the dark fiat world, away from the comfort of an extremely volatile currency used by oft-hostile individuals. (and why was the inside of the store so sterile-looking?!)

Oh. Duh. Everything became vibrant and bright when I came near the bees. Bees->honey. I recently purchased and enjoyed honey caramels purchased from a merchant who handles Bitcoin. Anyway, there are many apparent flaws in that dream I'd like to re-imagine so they can be fixed. IMO, most things in the dream were backward. The store should have been empty due to frequent looting, evil people taking the joyful labor of others.... or could it be that, sub-consciously, I am really so naive as to believe free markets work, and are just not taken advantage of (though this is contradicted by the fellow gaming the charity)? I'd at least like to see that argument played out.... and maybe tonight will be the night given I can't seem to fall asleep and am typing garbage without the sense to click the mouse's back button after writing.
Bees Brothers

Activity: 457
Merit: 291

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2012, 04:35:38 PM

Keeping me awake the next day wondering how I went from the dingy homeless shelter where the mugged man went (he was mugged while it was dark & raining --

Do you think that mugged man was the free market worker who just wanted to be left alone to do his own thing, but because of the (constant) mugging, we was stripped of his capitol and tools, no longer independent but now dependent on welfare?

[/quote]
Everything became vibrant and bright when I came near the bees. Bees->honey. I recently purchased and enjoyed honey caramels purchased from a merchant who handles Bitcoin.
[/quote]

Working with bees is definitely a happy and relaxing world to visit.  The voluntary and free association of thousands of individuals who, without compulsion, choose to specialize in a particular task that needs to be done.  The sum of each individual’s efforts contributes to a vibrant and healthy community and economy.  I also like that each individual is armed, yet it is such a polite society and they only use their weapons in self defense.

The biggest problem with bee keeping is the numerous parasites that infiltrate the hive.  Free markets for humans could work too if the parasites that infiltrate and corrupt our economies and governments didn’t have such power.

[/quote]
The store should have been empty due to frequent looting, evil people taking the joyful labor of others....
[/quote]

Could the “looting” have been excessive government regulations that cripple the entrepreneur to the point it is no longer worth it to make their products available to the market?

Who is John Galt? Roll Eyes

Don't tread on bees! http://beesbros.com
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: