Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 05:00:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: PRE[ANN]Quantum|QTM|Cure Cancer|Map Cosmos|X11|Anonymous|Asic Resistant|IPO Info  (Read 6315 times)
cameronpalte (OP)

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 01:09:08 AM
Last edit: June 15, 2014, 05:18:13 PM by cameronpalte

Update

The IPO has been moved to 9 p.m. Pacific Standard Time on Monday June 14, 2014 to account for father's day tomorrow!

Spend time with your Dads!

Hello Everyone,
This thread will be the official pre announcement thread of Quantum and also the preannouncement for  the IPO which will start in 2 weeks, on June 15, 2014. The reason for the pre-announcement of the IPO is it is a relatively small and as a result this will be to try and minimize the number of people who do not get in because they did not know about it - a complaint I have heard with many other recent IPOs.

Coin Specifications
There will be a total of 1,000,000,000 (1 billion coins). Of these coins a total of 5,000,000 (0.5%) will be premined and used to cover all of the costs for promoting and marketing the coin as well as paying the investors who invest during this IPO. While I know many people here don't like premines I do not have the money to personally cover all these costs myself and it needs to be raised somehow.

The coin will have a 1 minute block time, with each normal block containing a total of 10 coins. In addition to this, there will be two super blocks one at noon and one and midnight. One of these blocks will be split across the people who do folding at home and the other for people who do Boinc. Each of these 'super blocks' will contain 28,800 coins. You will receive these coins as a percentage of the total work you do for a given day compared to the teams total work.

Formula for superblock payout. (points earned) / (total teams points for day) * 28,800

None of the coins from the super blocks will go the mining portion of the coin..That means in total 72,000 coins will be released on a daily basis.

The mining of the coin will be a new algorithm that comes from a combination of three existing algorithms. The way it will work is 20% of all mining will be using the X11 algorithm to help secure the network and do transactions. 40% of all mining will be using Folding at Home to fold proteins and 40% of the mining will be for BOINC. Everyone's GPU will be doing all three things at the appropriate percentages. The pool(s) will give the coins for the X11 work with each block and then the Folding and BOINC coins will be paid when the superblocks come out.

Interest / Proof of Stake System
The coin will have a system that pays you an interest of 2.5% on your existing balance for all coins over 30 days old. Your payment will be calculated in with each block which means that you will receive a little bit of interest each block. There will be no transaction fees on the interest that you receive with each block.

Anonymity
These days, remaining anonymous is a goal for many people with digital currency. This coin will have a fully featured anonymity option built in to the wallet similar to Dark Send. The denomination for sending the coins with the anonymity feature will be in groups of 1000 coins. People will denominate how they want their coins to be spent and the 5 people’s groups of 1000 coins that they send will be received and then split accordingly. However, no one will know if the payment to person 5 came from the 1000 coins of person A or the 1000 coins of person D. Once you send this coin, the server will wait until 5 people have sent this many coins using the anonymity feature before sending out all the coins. More details will be released about this later.

The way this when you send coins from the wallet there will be a box you can check to say if you want to have the anonymity feature enabled or not. If you choose to say yes then it will check the amount of coins that you are sending. If the amount of coins you are sending is equal to 1000 then it will send the coins for you to an intermediate party which will split this up accordingly. How it works will be similar to Dark Send. The fees for sending coins this way will double.

The coin will also come with an fully encrypted messaging system where you can send messages from one wallet address to another. That way in some sense your wallet address become emails. This feature could also be useful for attaching messages when you send coins.

Multiple Addresses
The coin will also come with a multiple addresses feature. What this is is if you want to giveaway say 10 coins to 20 different people rather than making 20 separate transactions there will be an option to copy and paste all the addresses, separating them with a comma and send them all out as one transaction box in the wallet.

Why Merge all the mining?
As I'm sure some of you have noticed some recently released science currencies allow you to choose to either do folding/boinc or to choose to do mining. Some of you may be wondering why I chose to merge them. The reason for this is because if you split your coins say 25% mining and 75% science and you can choose to do either, this makes the mining difficulty lower since some people that could be doing mining are doing science instead. This makes it much more efficient for splitting up the work load and keeps the network hashrate from being very low opening it up to a 51% attack. It also offers advantages in Asic Resitance.

Why Boinc & Folding at Home
Boinc and folding & home both offer some very unique projects. By offering both on top of keeping either one from being overwhelmed by receiving 80% of the hashing power, it also gives you the opportunity to instead of putting 80% of the hashing into protein folding you could put 40% into folding and 40% into searching for extraterrestrial life with seti@home or any one of the 10s of projects offered.

Asic Resistance
Another great feature the mining of the coin this way is Asic Resistance. What that means is let's say in 2 years Asics come out for X11. Those Asics will not work on this coin even though X11 is the algorithm used to secure the block chain. Instead a Asic would need to be made specifically for this coin and it would offer a much worse advantage over normal GPU mining because it would have to be designed to do protein folding, boinc projects (such as weather simulations) and work on the X11 algorithm

The IPO!
As already said the IPO will begin on a separate thread on June 15, 2014. In this IPO we are looking to raise a total of 10 Bitcoins (assuming the price of Bitcoins stays between $500 and $750). In exchange for each Bitcoin you donate, you will receive a total of 200,000 coins - that is a total of 2,000,000 coins will be released. The minimum donation amount will be 0.05 Bitcoins - enough to allow many people to donate but not so low as to make it so that their are too many donors to keep track of.

How much each forum user donates and your forum username will be kept in a spreadsheet. Upon donating you will also receive my private email to contact me. More donation instructions will be released with the IPO thread. All donor coins will be paid out within 2 weeks of the coin’s release. To help me give an idea and manage things better if you are interested in donating right now, please PM me (not required.)

What will the 10 Bitcoins go to?
The 10 Bitcoins will be used to get the following.

-Logo
-Official Website
-Developer's Blog
-Forum & Theme
-Reaching out to Boinc & Folding for possible partnerships
-White Paper
-Social media accounts
-Testing
-Extra
-Fully functioning pool with closed testing with another currency.
-Wallet Development
-Design
-Expanding DEV team.

What will the coin have upon release?
-Fully functional pool.
-Handwritten guides.
-Explanational and promotional videos.
-Actively maintained social media accounts.
-Standby for help setting up.
-Fully functioning & tested wallet for Linux, Windows, and Mac.
-Wallet for Android
-Anonymity features build in.
-Choice of what research to support.
-Gambling websites.
-Faucet.
-Marketplace website.
-Foundation similar to Bitcoin foundation.
-Exchange for trading to Bitcoin and one soon after for trading to USD.

That’s all. Leave any comments / questions in the area below and I will do my best to answer them. Let's make this coin the next big thing!

Bitcoin Facuet List - Free http://bitcoinsfaucetslist.blogspot.com/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
zxm7001

Activity: 280

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 01:26:15 AM

I am glad offer chinese translation,pm me if you interest.

eliedsonvicente

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 01:42:07 AM

It looks interesting. Watching it...
KeyserSozeMC

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

I'm dying.

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2014, 01:47:30 AM

Anonymity
These days, remaining anonymous is a goal for many people with digital currency. This coin will have a fully featured anonymity option built in to the wallet similar to Dark Send. The denomination for sending the coins with the anonymity feature will be in groups of 1000 coins. People will denominate how they want their coins to be spent and the 5 people’s groups of 1000 coins that they send will be received and then split accordingly. However, no one will know if the payment to person 5 came from the 1000 coins of person A or the 1000 coins of person D. Once you send this coin, the server will wait until 5 people have sent this many coins using the anonymity feature before sending out all the coins. More details will be released about this later.

That's called a mixer, if I'm not wrong?

There's nothing "anonymous" about this coin.
People abuse the word "Anonymous" way too much nowadays.

I call bullshit. I'm sorry.

Hey, smexy. Don't waste your time. Time's precious.
djm34
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2014, 01:58:04 AM

And the IPO is for what ? Making us use software you didn't develop ?
You forgot, in you distribution of the 10btc to pay Curecoin dev for stealing his idea which was developed over at least 3 months (without IPO).
What I just see is that you want to cash out for the work he did (+X11 which at the moment means shitcoin)
and all that to just release another X11 coins.

ps: don't worry people are giving up their btc like crazy at the moment not matter what we could say, you'll get yours (even without the curecoin concept copycat)

djm34 facebook page
BTC: 1NENYmxwZGHsKFmyjTc5WferTn5VTFb7Ze
Pledge for neoscrypt ccminer to that address: 16UoC4DmTz2pvhFvcfTQrzkPTrXkWijzXw
cameronpalte (OP)

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 01:58:34 AM

Anonymity

That's called a mixer, if I'm not wrong?

There's nothing "anonymous" about this coin.
People abuse the word "Anonymous" way too much nowadays.

I call bullshit. I'm sorry.

Hello,
You are right in the fact that this coin is not totally anonymous - the goal of this is to make it more anonymous than Bitcoin - sorry if I didn't explain it well. I have never heard of it referred to as a mixer.

Anyway, this coin does what DarkSend does basically. When you send your coins like this in batches of 1000 and then denominate how you want to it to be spent, how you want it to be spent is not recorded. Therefore, if you wanted to send say 6.104252636 coins to someone (totally random number), rather than sending a number that is quite exact (and as a result easier to track) all the 5 people's coins would be bunched together. You would write 6.104252636 to whatever address you want it to go to in your denomination, however, when the coin is sent to the address, someone looking from the outside would not be able to know if those 6.104252636 coins came from the wallet of person 1 or the wallet of person 4 - helping to increase your anonymity for a very low cost - something I believe many people will find useful.

We are also looking into additional anonymity features - if you know any, feel free to shoot me a PM or post in this thread! Thank you for your criticism.

cameronpalte (OP)

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 02:49:15 AM

And the IPO is for what ? Making us use software you didn't develop ?
You forgot, in you distribution of the 10btc to pay Curecoin dev for stealing his idea which was developed over at least 3 months (without IPO).
What I just see is that you want to cash out for the work he did (+X11 which at the moment means shitcoin)
and all that to just release another X11 coins.

ps: don't worry people are giving up their btc like crazy at the moment, you'll get yours (even without the curecoin concept copycat)

Part of the idea for this did come from Curecoin, however, it introduces new features which Curecoin doesn't have and solves some of the problems with Curecoin (such as payout). The IPO is for developing the software for the coin and releasing features to come with it - the software will be unique due to the many features the coin has that Curecoin doesn't - I will not be getting the software from him.

Also, Curecoin did have an investment involved where they offered people 10,000 curecoin for 1 BTC (in a similar system we are doing) back when Bitcoin was over $1000 and raised over 54 BTC that way in order to help with the development of the coin. This amounts to a 3% investor share of the coin.

I appreciate your criticism and yes, part of the idea did come to Curecoin (where part of their idea came from Gridcoin btw). The idea to do science with currency mining has been promoted for a long time - and I have learned a lot from some mistakes I saw with their implementation and plan on fixing that with this coin.

I do hope to raise the necessary BTC - but I want to stress that in know way is this coin just a BTC 'copycat' like all those scrypt and X11 copycats and the goal of this coin is to be a truly universal cryptocurrency that can be used by everyone.

Thank you for your criticism and I hope you can come to better terms with the project.

deedou

Activity: 135
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 03:57:22 AM

Hello Everyone,
This thread will be the official pre announcement thread of QuantaCoin and also the preannouncement for  the IPO which will start in 2 weeks, on June 15, 2014. The reason for the pre-announcement of the IPO is it is a relatively small and as a result this will be to try and minimize the number of people who do not get in because they did not know about it - a complaint I have heard with many other recent IPOs.

Coin Specifications
There will be a total of 1,000,000,000 (1 billion coins). Of these coins a total of 5,000,000 (0.5%) will be premined and used to cover all of the costs for promoting and marketing the coin as well as paying the investors who invest during this IPO. While I know many people here don't like premines I do not have the money to personally cover all these costs myself and it needs to be raised somehow.

The coin will have a 1 minute block time, with each normal block containing a total of 10 coins. In addition to this, there will be two super blocks one at noon and one and midnight. One of these blocks will be split across the people who do folding at home and the other for people who do Boinc. Each of these 'super blocks' will contain 28,800 coins. You will receive these coins as a percentage of the total work you do for a given day compared to the teams total work.

Formula for superblock payout. (points earned) / (total teams points for day) * 28,800

None of the coins from the super blocks will go the mining portion of the coin..That means in total 72,000 coins will be released on a daily basis.

The mining of the coin will be a new algorithm that comes from a combination of three existing algorithms. The way it will work is 20% of all mining will be using the X11 algorithm to help secure the network and do transactions. 40% of all mining will be using Folding at Home to fold proteins and 40% of the mining will be for BOINC. Everyone's GPU will be doing all three things at the appropriate percentages. The pool(s) will give the coins for the X11 work with each block and then the Folding and BOINC coins will be paid when the superblocks come out.

Interest / Proof of Stake System
The coin will have a system that pays you an interest of 2.5% on your existing balance for all coins over 30 days old. Your payment will be calculated in with each block which means that you will receive a little bit of interest each block. There will be no transaction fees on the interest that you receive with each block.

Anonymity

The way this when you send coins from the wallet there will be a box you can check to say if you want to have the anonymity feature enabled or not. If you choose to say yes then it will check the amount of coins that you are sending. If the amount of coins you are sending is equal to 1000 then it will send the coins for you to an intermediate party which will split this up accordingly. How it works will be similar to Dark Send. The fees for sending coins this way will double.

The coin will also come with an fully encrypted messaging system where you can send messages from one wallet address to another. That way in some sense your wallet address become emails. This feature could also be useful for attaching messages when you send coins.

Multiple Addresses
The coin will also come with a multiple addresses feature. What this is is if you want to giveaway say 10 coins to 20 different people rather than making 20 separate transactions there will be an option to copy and paste all the addresses, separating them with a comma and send them all out as one transaction box in the wallet.

Why Merge all the mining?
As I'm sure some of you have noticed some recently released science currencies allow you to choose to either do folding/boinc or to choose to do mining. Some of you may be wondering why I chose to merge them. The reason for this is because if you split your coins say 25% mining and 75% science and you can choose to do either, this makes the mining difficulty lower since some people that could be doing mining are doing science instead. This makes it much more efficient for splitting up the work load and keeps the network hashrate from being very low opening it up to a 51% attack. It also offers advantages in Asic Resitance.

Why Boinc & Folding at Home
Boinc and folding & home both offer some very unique projects. By offering both on top of keeping either one from being overwhelmed by receiving 80% of the hashing power, it also gives you the opportunity to instead of putting 80% of the hashing into protein folding you could put 40% into folding and 40% into searching for extraterrestrial life with seti@home or any one of the 10s of projects offered.

Asic Resistance
Another great feature the mining of the coin this way is Asic Resistance. What that means is let's say in 2 years Asics come out for X11. Those Asics will not work on this coin even though X11 is the algorithm used to secure the block chain. Instead a Asic would need to be made specifically for this coin and it would offer a much worse advantage over normal GPU mining because it would have to be designed to do protein folding, boinc projects (such as weather simulations) and work on the X11 algorithm

The IPO!
As already said the IPO will begin on a separate thread on June 15, 2014. In this IPO we are looking to raise a total of 10 Bitcoins (assuming the price of Bitcoins stays between $500 and $750). In exchange for each Bitcoin you donate, you will receive a total of 200,000 coins - that is a total of 2,000,000 coins will be released. The minimum donation amount will be 0.05 Bitcoins - enough to allow many people to donate but not so low as to make it so that their are too many donors to keep track of.

How much each forum user donates and your forum username will be kept in a spreadsheet. Upon donating you will also receive my private email to contact me. More donation instructions will be released with the IPO thread. All donor coins will be paid out within 2 weeks of the coin’s release. To help me give an idea and manage things better if you are interested in donating right now, please PM me (not required.)

What will the 10 Bitcoins go to?
The 10 Bitcoins will be used to get the following.

-Logo
-Official Website
-Developer's Blog
-Forum & Theme
-Reaching out to Boinc & Folding for possible partnerships
-White Paper
-Social media accounts
-Testing
-Extra
-Fully functioning pool with closed testing with another currency.
-Wallet Development
-Design
-Expanding DEV team.

What will the coin have upon release?
-Fully functional pool.
-Handwritten guides.
-Explanational and promotional videos.
-Actively maintained social media accounts.
-Standby for help setting up.
-Fully functioning & tested wallet for Linux, Windows, and Mac.
-Wallet for Android
-Anonymity features build in.
-Choice of what research to support.
-Gambling websites.
-Faucet.
-Marketplace website.
-Foundation similar to Bitcoin foundation.
-Exchange for trading to Bitcoin and one soon after for trading to USD.

That’s all. Leave any comments / questions in the area below and I will do my best to answer them. Let's make this coin the next big thing!

can you made a detail whitepaper for this project
cameronpalte (OP)

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 05:03:41 AM

I plan on it. As stated in the original post that is one of the things that will happen after the IPO funding for 10 Bitcoins.

KeyserSozeMC

I'm dying.

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2014, 05:29:58 AM

I plan on it. As stated in the original post that is one of the things that will happen after the IPO funding for 10 Bitcoins.
Why would anyone invest if you don't want to put any effort BEFORE you get 10 BTC?

Not trying to be an asshole, but I don't see the logic here.

Motivate people to enter your IPO, if it's even a real IPO and not a scam IPO.

Use an escrow. I recommend escrow.ms, have done few jobs with him and he's great.

cameronpalte (OP)

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 05:51:50 AM

Why would anyone invest if you don't want to put any effort BEFORE you get 10 BTC?

Use an escrow. I recommend escrow.ms, have done few jobs with him and he's great.

No offense taken. I do plan on doing work and will do so up to, during, and after the IPO. However, the whitepaper is not one of the most pressing concerns at this moment, and my main goals are a website & forum for people interested in the coin which I can't do without the funding for the IPO. However, I understand what you are saying and will try to get more work done before the IPO.

I'm confused about the escrow. The point of an escrow to hold the funds until you send the item for a trade. However, that would not work here because I need the funds before I can send the items for the trade. Having an escrow hold the funds makes them useless to me.

Thank you for your advice!

Access

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 05:58:46 AM

more information?

kryptbeard

Activity: 2

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 07:45:58 AM

Interested
KeyserSozeMC

I'm dying.

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2014, 07:53:58 AM

No offense taken. I do plan on doing work and will do so up to, during, and after the IPO. However, the whitepaper is not one of the most pressing concerns at this moment, and my main goals are a website & forum for people interested in the coin which I can't do without the funding for the IPO. However, I understand what you are saying and will try to get more work done before the IPO.

I'm confused about the escrow. The point of an escrow to hold the funds until you send the item for a trade. However, that would not work here because I need the funds before I can send the items for the trade. Having an escrow hold the funds makes them useless to me.

Your escrow would hold the majority of BTC until you're done with stuff you've said that you gonna do.

Example:

a) You gonna need a website, which costs X ( So, you ask him for funds for that )
b) You gonna need X thing, so, you gonna need X BTC. ( You ask him for funds again )

Until you've covered everything you need, the escrow would hold the rest of the funds. After you finish with all your goals, he'd release them.

pandher
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

Stagnation is Death

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2014, 08:20:49 AM

Very simple, issue tokens
platorin

Activity: 392

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 08:28:29 AM

How are you going to cure cancer with that coin?
CryptoLTD

Activity: 196

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 12:22:29 PM

Anonymous coins & dev's & teams are the perfect venue for scammers to never be held accountable. No thanks.
sylwt

Activity: 140

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 01:41:06 PM

ipo?no
huobi.com

Activity: 33

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2014, 02:10:29 PM

come in again on  June 15, 2014
cameronpalte (OP)

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 03:07:05 PM

more information?

Exactly what information would you want?

Interested

Glad to hear it.

cameronpalte (OP)

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 03:09:12 PM

Your escrow would hold the majority of BTC until you're done with stuff you've said that you gonna do.

Example:

a) You gonna need a website, which costs X ( So, you ask him for funds for that )
b) You gonna need X thing, so, you gonna need X BTC. ( You ask him for funds again )

Until you've covered everything you need, the escrow would hold the rest of the funds. After you finish with all your goals, he'd release them.

Very simple, issue tokens

Thank you both for your advice. I think the idea of having someone hold them and then ask for them as necessary is a good idea - I am currently in talks with Poloniex to see if they can host the IPO on the exchange (with the advantage of allowing users to invest in small quantities) and they would also do the holding them and release them as necessary - I'll talk to some well known escrows on this forum to see if they can help to.

cameronpalte (OP)

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 04:29:55 PM

ipo?no

Yes, we will have an IPO.

Anonymous coins & dev's & teams are the perfect venue for scammers to never be held accountable. No thanks.

Coins are naturally anonymous and I'm sorry if you believe we are trying to scam you. I hope you can come to better terms with our project by watching it run.

How are you going to cure cancer with that coin?

Part of folding @ home is to analyze protein folding to see how problems with protein folding result in diseases such as cancer. The data from this will be used to attempt to find drugs that can cure cancer over the long term. However, it also works to help cure other diseases and Boinc has plenty of programs you can do.

cameronpalte (OP)

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 06:11:52 PM

Logo competition opened: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=635749.msg7083282#msg7083282

cameronpalte (OP)

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 07:30:22 PM

Making progress on the white paper Smiley

testadimerlo

Activity: 826
Merit: 263

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 08:19:51 PM

If you are going to help people curing the cancer - you and the other one that already exist - I think that it is a noble thing. You don't need to be anonymus. Please, tell us your name and surname, thank you
cameronpalte (OP)

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 09:01:50 PM

If you are going to help people curing the cancer - you and the other one that already exist - I think that it is a noble thing. You don't need to be anonymus. Please, tell us your name and surname, thank you

I am ok with releasing who I am but I will not be releasing the details of the rest of the dev team until later without their approval.

-My Job-
Basic Coding
Websites Development
Overall Manager
Community Relations
Investor Management

-Identity-
Name: Cameron Palte
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/cameron.palte.7?ref=tn_tnmn
Email: cameronpalte@gmail.com

We have one more developer who will be doing just coding and a third one who we ware in talks in who will be doing just coding. My coding skills aren't good enough to do it by myself. We are looking for marketing & community relations people. Please PM me if interested, I've gotten a few PMs so far.

Without releasing identity I can give some information about the developer.

Experience with all major programming languages
Currently works with Broadcom http://www.broadcom.com/
Programming for 20+ years in industry.
Worked with many start ups along with major companies like IBM, Cisco, and Broadcom

Thanks.

Collegestudent

Activity: 518

The blockchain is the future

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 11:07:32 PM

Y not clone drk
cameronpalte (OP)

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 12:46:35 AM

Y not clone drk

What would be the point of cloning drk? We would get a coin equivalent to an existing one - that offers nothing new. However, what we are doing here is attempting to combine the best of both with the anonymity features from Darkcoin combined with the advantages of using the hashes for something useful. Plus while combining them we are attempting to fix the errors that other coins have had in their attempt to implement one of these two features.

The result we are going for is a coin that will be able to solve the needs of people looking for anonymity and people looking to use it for just general spending while at the same time, make it simple and efficient to use for the average person, and also take the hashing power from Bitcoin used for an algorithm that doesn't accomplish anything and instead go for an algorithm that does. Lastly, rather than you having to make an investment to mine with Bitcoin since most people don't just have Bitcoin Asics lying around - and normally a quite big and risky investment to make money, we wanted to make a coin that anyone could just mine with their desktop kind of how Litecoin used to be.

Check out this motivational video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3QpubKy8_s around 1:40 in where he says you can never be the best copycat in the world - same for cryptocurrencies - you make a copycat currency you will never have the best copycat currency.

That is the long answer to your question Smiley - Let me know if you have any more.

cameronpalte (OP)

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 02:50:19 AM

Update, I have done a name change to Quantum [QTM]. The principle it embodies is very similar to the idea of Quanta, however, Quantum sounds a lot cleaner to me than QuantaCoin.

That's all - thanks for the posts and the PMs guys - looking forward to more.

2dogs
Legendary

Activity: 1267
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 05:06:01 AM

Very interesting, and will be watching closely, and if we could help out,
please let us know.
We can translate from English to Japanese, but don't know what else
we might be able to provide.
cameronpalte (OP)

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 05:31:35 AM

It looks interesting. Watching it...

Glad to hear it!

cameronpalte (OP)

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 06:13:17 AM

I am glad offer chinese translation,pm me if you interest.

Thank you for offering this, I'll contact you if interested.

cameronpalte (OP)

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 03:34:26 PM

Very interesting, and will be watching closely, and if we could help out,
please let us know.
We can translate from English to Japanese, but don't know what else
we might be able to provide.

Glad to hear it. I'll make sure to contact you if interested - we do plan on doing website translations later.

CoinManiac

Activity: 224

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 03:46:04 PM

I am willing to invest but without escrow, i dont think so

NEM NXT NXTL NEX
cameronpalte (OP)

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 05:46:47 PM

Glad you are willing to invest - we are currently talking with Poloniex about them doing the IPO for us. Since the recent scam IPO they have introduced new safety features

(1) I have to give proof of identity to them which can be turned to public / authorities if I scam you guys
(2) they serve as an escrow where I send them all requests to withdraw coins and they have to validate the request and what I want to do with the coins before allowing me to withdraw - so the escrow money will only be withdrawn in small chunks as I complete one portion of the project at a time.

CoinManiac

Activity: 224

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 07:21:28 PM

Glad you are willing to invest - we are currently talking with Poloniex about them doing the IPO for us. Since the recent scam IPO they have introduced new safety features

(1) I have to give proof of identity to them which can be turned to public / authorities if I scam you guys
(2) they serve as an escrow where I send them all requests to withdraw coins and they have to validate the request and what I want to do with the coins before allowing me to withdraw - so the escrow money will only be withdrawn in small chunks as I complete one portion of the project at a time.

Thats great..So any tentative date for the IPO

NEM NXT NXTL NEX
cameronpalte (OP)

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 09:13:03 PM

Thats great..So any tentative date for the IPO

Yes we have a tentative date - as announced in the OP - June 15, 2014

allwelder
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 12:27:41 AM

good name.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
cameronpalte (OP)

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 01:39:25 AM

good name.

Thank you - really needed this wasn't sure what people thought of the name.

BigWait

Activity: 506
Merit: 510

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 01:54:49 AM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=638090.msg7119876#msg7119876
help to translation chinese
let more people know about this coin
 Wink
It likes cure coin?
It think have some coin to free giveaway will be better ...
cameronpalte (OP)

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 03:12:14 AM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=638090.msg7119876#msg7119876
help to translation chinese
let more people know about this coin
 Wink
It likes cure coin?
It think have some coin to free giveaway will be better ...

Part of it is similar to Curecoin - thank you for doing a Chinese translation. We will be hosting many giveaways upon the coins release and leading up to it.

cameronpalte (OP)

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 04:39:51 AM

Those of you PM'ing me about how I should create the coin for free & pay for all the fees myself and the mine it like everyone else because that is what's 'fair' - the Premine / IPO will happen and no that does not automatically make me a scammer. I am working to get an escrow for the funds & and will be very transparent about what the money is spent on both here and on the official forums. I can't afford to build the coin without an IPO so this is my best option.

cameronpalte (OP)

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 06:46:32 AM

Let's hit 1000 views guys!

roushonul

Activity: 27

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 07:20:15 AM

Hi
    I am an web developer and have a team of me that work with me. We generally work on HTML,CSS,Js and WordPress. I myself is enthusiast abt cryptocoin and If you need website done I can help you done in WordPress. As I am offering it for free I will take some premium WordPress theme(I have some. Will not be needed to buy) and clean it so the theme name don't come up and give it to you or host it where you want to host. Can also help to up the content upload(not writing as no good with that) or any task related to the site. In return I would not need any money. If you mention my name as thanks in forum that is on your mood. What I mainly want that you will list my company name as who will accept your currency in exchange of web development. My company website http://omicron-it.com/

Thanks
Roushonul       
cameronpalte (OP)

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 02:35:19 PM

Let's hit 1000 views guys!

Wooot - over 1000 views very exciting Smiley.

cameronpalte (OP)

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 11:04:42 PM

Hi
    I am an web developer and have a team of me that work with me. We generally work on HTML,CSS,Js and WordPress. I myself is enthusiast abt cryptocoin and If you need website done I can help you done in WordPress. As I am offering it for free I will take some premium WordPress theme(I have some. Will not be needed to buy) and clean it so the theme name don't come up and give it to you or host it where you want to host. Can also help to up the content upload(not writing as no good with that) or any task related to the site. In return I would not need any money. If you mention my name as thanks in forum that is on your mood. What I mainly want that you will list my company name as who will accept your currency in exchange of web development. My company website http://omicron-it.com/

Thanks
Roushonul       

Thank you for offering this, I'll be sure to contact you about it later!

signingoff

Activity: 290

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 04:53:54 AM

IMO, more coins should be distributed to initial investors since they are facing more risks than miners.
And another question, it is very wired the devs cannot afford 10 btc.
cameronpalte (OP)

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 02:30:02 PM

IMO, more coins should be distributed to initial investors since they are facing more risks than miners.
And another question, it is very wired the devs cannot afford 10 btc.

did you mean to say weird instead of wired?

I think that amount of coins being distributed is fine. It is in line with other coins like Curecoin in the relative price per coin adjusting for different coin amounts etc. and when Curecoin was released many people complained investors got to good of a price. The reason other IPOs have distributed more coins to initial investors is because they have also asked for much more BTC in return. All we need is 10 BTC more, so that is all we are asking for based on our distributing system. I'm actually considering changing it up to 2.25 mil coins / 15 btc because of how many people got mad over the Curecoin thing because investors made 40x their money on release day - not sure yet.

Thanks for your opinion though - let me know if you have anything else to say.

cameronpalte (OP)

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 06:58:27 AM

IPO in a little over the week - still deciding who to use for escrow, but it will definitely have an escrow!

cameronpalte (OP)

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 05:43:17 AM

We've gotten a few people who have already promised some BTC once the IPO comes out!

cameronpalte (OP)

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 06:12:59 AM
Last edit: June 15, 2014, 05:18:01 PM by cameronpalte

The IPO has been moved to 9 p.m. Pacific Standard Time on Monday June 14, 2014 to account for father's day tomorrow!

Spend time with your Dads!

cameronpalte (OP)

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 07:02:53 PM

Updated to Pacific Standard Time because I realized I originally forgot to include the timezone in the post and someone asked a question.

lhuibin

Activity: 169

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 03:39:00 AM

How can I to invest?
Where is the BTC address?

▮█     KRYLL     ▮█     AUTOMATED CRYPTO TRADING STRATEGIES MADE SIMPLE     ▮█
▁▁   ▮ █     Whitepaper   █   Token sale will start on Feb 7, 2018   █   Announcement     █ ▮   ▁▁
╚═══════●  ﹙ Telegram ﹚  ●●  ﹙ Twitter ﹚  ●●  ﹙ Facebook ﹚  ═══════╝
Pleasuremodel

Activity: 111

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2018, 07:56:18 AM

hello, please tell me is this your coin, I see in advertisements between the beauties of f.tv?
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: