Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 02:36:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Best hardware buy at $5000 USD?  (Read 1197 times)
togame (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 06:55:12 AM

Greetings all.

I'm still fairly new at mining but I have gotten my feet wet with 10 antminer S1s. I find it enjoyable and take pleasure in the planning and calculating.

I have a fresh infusion of cash and want to spend approx. $5000 USD on some new equipment. I'm just curious as to the what the community thinks would be a good buy at this point in time.

I was looking at the Spondoolies SP10 for one. Not sure if this is the best though.

Any input is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
raskul

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 06:55:46 AM

yup, sp10 best rig there is today.

tips    1APp826DqjJBdsAeqpEstx6Q8hD4urac8a
dropt
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 06:56:17 AM

Where are you hosting the new hardware?
togame (OP)

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 07:03:37 AM

I was going to keep it in my garage.
raskul

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 07:10:57 AM

yes, you wouldn't want an SP10 running in your house - unless you have good soundproofing.  Wink

togame (OP)

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 07:12:54 AM

yes, you wouldn't want an SP10 running in your house - unless you have good soundproofing.  Wink

Sound isn't horribly important. I'm aware of the SP10's loudness but I don't think it will matter. My garage is detached and insulated.
raskul

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 07:14:17 AM

yes, you wouldn't want an SP10 running in your house - unless you have good soundproofing.  Wink

Sound isn't horribly important. I'm aware of the SP10's loudness but I don't think it will matter. My garage is detached and insulated.

then I would wholeheartedly recommend the SP10.
I run mine in a garage (UK) and monthly electric cost on it is £106 @ 11.67p/kWh
I have them close to the back wall, which draws cool air through, it's a dank and dark atmosphere in the garage and perfect conditions - stable and hashing at ~1.47TH/s

togame (OP)

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 07:20:47 AM

yes, you wouldn't want an SP10 running in your house - unless you have good soundproofing.  Wink

I run mine in a garage (UK) and monthly electric cost on it is £106 @ 11.67p/kWh
I have them close to the back wall, which draws cool air through, it's a dank and dark atmosphere in the garage and perfect conditions - stable and hashing at ~1.47TH/s

Thanks for your input. Right now I'm locked in at a rate of US$0.055/kWh for the next year or so which should help a bit with the electrical costs. If it gets overly hot in my garage I can just turn on an AC but so far it hasn't been necessary.
raskul

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 07:28:41 AM

Thanks for your input. Right now I'm locked in at a rate of US$0.055/kWh for the next year or so which should help a bit with the electrical costs. If it gets overly hot in my garage I can just turn on an AC but so far it hasn't been necessary.

that's a great price on leccy.
we really do get stung in the UK, on all levels. let us know what you go with, and how you get on with the rigs you choose.

bittybit11

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 03:01:45 PM

Or you could buy BTC with this money, if you are not looking for quick roi, and wait 1 or 2 years and i bet you will get some nice profit.  Good luck!  Wink

DolanDuck

Activity: 196
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 04:12:36 PM

SP10 is the best choice at the moment with your sum, but I bet you will profit more just by buying bitcoins as soon as possible directly,
the uptrend is just started and in a couple of months you will triple/quadruple your investment.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
raskul

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 04:17:52 PM

SP10 is the best choice at the moment with your sum, but I bet you will profit more just by buying bitcoins as soon as possible directly,
the uptrend is just started and in a couple of months you will triple/quadruple your investment.

nowhere near as much fun, and also, remember having the rig in hand allows you to prospect with it... rent it out on sites like betarigs, or miner launches of shitcoins and dump them at high prices... mining is still a viable option - and you need to consider the price of bitcoin could fall as well as rise - saying

"in a couple of months you will triple/quadruple your investment."
is pure crystal ball gazing.

never lay out more than you can afford to lose, whichever method you choose. personally, I choose to mine because I know that if I play my cards right, I will break even with it sooner or later, and then, the rest is pure profit.

Fireblade

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 12:52:32 PM

Or you could buy BTC with this money, if you are not looking for quick roi, and wait 1 or 2 years and i bet you will get some nice profit.  Good luck!  Wink
Buying BTC with your money is with the current difficulty a far more wise things to buy. The amounth of money you pay in bitcoins it is not garantee that you will mine that amount back.
Salmon1989

Activity: 603
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 02:07:32 PM

Buying BTC with your money is with the current difficulty a far more wise things to buy. The amounth of money you pay in bitcoins it is not garantee that you will mine that amount back.

This.

Even for the current best ASIC, it is very difficulty to get investment back with electricity cost and increasing difficulty.

RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 10:20:36 PM

Greetings all.

I'm still fairly new at mining but I have gotten my feet wet with 10 antminer S1s. I find it enjoyable and take pleasure in the planning and calculating.

I have a fresh infusion of cash and want to spend approx. $5000 USD on some new equipment. I'm just curious as to the what the community thinks would be a good buy at this point in time.

I was looking at the Spondoolies SP10 for one. Not sure if this is the best though.

Any input is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

So how did you spent your money?

iglasses
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 09:47:54 PM

Real Doll
 Grin

I only have a signature because I'm allowed.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: