Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 10:32:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [team-up] Looking for experienced programmer for cryptocurrency development  (Read 394 times)
TheMightyX (OP)

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 11:51:51 PM

Hi everyone,
I'm just posting this in the off chance some like-minded individual sees it and maybe wants to get a bit more information.
I've got some light programming experience from a web development background and all though I don't know the exact syntax or terminology I have no trouble communicating concepts in psuedo-code. I have experience working with developers and project management.

To make a long story short, I've been playing around with a concept for a cryptocurrency protocol that takes up magnitudes less space than the current blockchain model. As well it is (in theory) completely anonymous while remaining secure.

For obvious reasons I can't divulge the entire concept or show a whitepaper here (even if I had one, which I don't), as there would be nothing stopping an unscrupulous developer from stealing it.

I'm confident that using a unique distribution strategy, marketing and possibly bounty funds it could be a profitable venture and more importantly, beneficial to the cryptocurrency community.

One of the major drawbacks of the current Blockchain model in my mind is blockchain bloat. We have bitcoin with 13 GB after 4 years, with minimal use for the first 2 years (roughly).

New cryptocurrencies are seeing a much higher use from day one and with the addition of new features (anon, NXT asset exchange, etc) we can only imagine that these blockchains are going to get bigger.

I don't believe Kryder's law/Nielsen's law will allow us to catch up either via average broadband speed or storage space in the short term, to make every client downloading a 13GB, 30GB or at some point a 50GB blockchain a feasible solution. In the long term we can only speculate if these systems will catch up or if these blockchains will expand more rapidly than we can adapt. Whereas the blockchain grows by innovation and is only slowed by the rate of adoption; the rate of broadband proliferation is hampered by political and capitalistic dealings. In some areas of Europe you may be able to get top tier bandwidth for a very modest price and in some areas of America or Canada you may be paying twice that for three times less.

We could trust third parties to download and store these blockchains for us and trust that they will never be compromised. All though we can do this I don't think we should need to.

It makes more sense to reduce the size and information contained in the blockchain, rather than increase the size and speed of our hard drives and bandwidth to account for inefficient systems.

It is to this end that I am posting this thread in the Project Development forum to put this little hook out there.
I have an idea and I would be more than happy to share this with one or two friendly and experienced programmers. I am confident that with my marketing sense and ingenuity and your professional character and development experience we could create something lasting, beneficial and profitable.

If you are interested, feel free to send me a PM with a few details about your experience.
I am not looking for an employee, or a contractor, but a partner. Someone open to new ideas and new ways of thinking and who can commit to seeing a project through to the end.

If this project doesn't interest you (a low storage, anonymous protocol) I don't want you to leave this thread feeling empty-handed so have this funny image:

Thanks guys!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: