Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 05:56:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Divorce's new weapon  (Read 7976 times)
inBitweTrust

Activity: 658
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 12:46:46 AM

This is off topic from the thread title but it seems like everyone has gone there so I will too:  I do believe I learned in law school that alimony is on the downswing.  I think too many people realize it's very flawed.  Something as big as alimony will take years to get rid of or reduce but I think it's going in the right direction.

It might be flawed, but is there an alternative solution?
How would you make sure the kid gets what he needs from a parent who's not around?

Alimony and palimony has nothing to do with child support. Alimony is a welfare entitlement program to steal income for the state and the poorer spouse after a divorce.

It requires the assumption that one spouse is less capable of looking after themselves and in return for the privilege of marrying their worthless asses the other spouse owes them a living.

Correct, it is akin to paying a prostitute to have sex with someone else, repeatedly, for years to life.

They should really warn the children of these dangers!

TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 01:15:38 AM

This is off topic from the thread title but it seems like everyone has gone there so I will too:  I do believe I learned in law school that alimony is on the downswing.  I think too many people realize it's very flawed.  Something as big as alimony will take years to get rid of or reduce but I think it's going in the right direction.

How would you make sure the kid gets what he needs from a parent who's not around?

Alimony and palimony has nothing to do with child support. Alimony is a welfare entitlement program to steal income for the state and the poorer spouse after a divorce.

It requires the assumption that one spouse is less capable of looking after themselves and in return for the privilege of marrying their worthless asses the other spouse owes them a living.

It is a transfer of wealth from men to women.  The government has the incentive since consumer spending from women is an economic driver in capitalism.  Despite men making more money than women - almost all the consumer spending (well over 70% if I recall) is from women.

Most men, when they make money, spend it on investments which are taxed at lesser rates (capital gains) and this is only taxed when it's converted into $Fiat.  Women on the other hand prefer to spend their money on luxuries (shoes and purses) which employs people in the service industry (income taxes) and the product is taxed several times (value added and then hidden manufacturing taxes and commercial taxes on the business which sells said products).

The Government, while people claim its' malevolent, is technically only looking out for its' best interests - namely taxation revenue.  There's more tax when a man's paycheque is handed to a woman than there is from a bachelor male who either doesn't spend money or spends on capital investments.

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
Ron~Popeil

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 06:30:38 AM

It is a transfer of wealth from men to women.  The government has the incentive since consumer spending from women is an economic driver in capitalism.  Despite men making more money than women - almost all the consumer spending (well over 70% if I recall) is from women.

Most men, when they make money, spend it on investments which are taxed at lesser rates (capital gains) and this is only taxed when it's converted into $Fiat.  Women on the other hand prefer to spend their money on luxuries (shoes and purses) which employs people in the service industry (income taxes) and the product is taxed several times (value added and then hidden manufacturing taxes and commercial taxes on the business which sells said products).

The Government, while people claim its' malevolent, is technically only looking out for its' best interests - namely taxation revenue.  There's more tax when a man's paycheque is handed to a woman than there is from a bachelor male who either doesn't spend money or spends on capital investments.

Government should be looking out for the people's best interest. Not their own.

bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1217

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 06:42:16 AM

yes, many countries tried to avoid that problems causing by BTC through banning BTC such as China and India. I think BTC has more advantages. It is just the beginning of this new technology. People pay more attention to the drawbacks.

How can anyone ban the Bitcoin? As long as the TOR Browser / VPNs are available, people will be able to buy and sell Bitcoins. There is nothing that the government can do about it. At best, they can prevent the conversion of Bitcoin to fiat.
okthen

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 08:58:04 PM

yes, many countries tried to avoid that problems causing by BTC through banning BTC such as China and India. I think BTC has more advantages. It is just the beginning of this new technology. People pay more attention to the drawbacks.

How can anyone ban the Bitcoin? As long as the TOR Browser / VPNs are available, people will be able to buy and sell Bitcoins. There is nothing that the government can do about it. At best, they can prevent the conversion of Bitcoin to fiat.

I guess the only thing they can really do is make it harder - thus less new people getting in.
And make people afraid, fearing to do something illegal.
Ron~Popeil

Activity: 406

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 11:32:17 PM

Exactly. An out right ban would be really tough to do with all the big money rolling into bit coin now. Government listens to big money.

Harley997

Activity: 266

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 03:09:56 AM

If the other spouse can prove that BTC or other assets were purchased (like cash withdrawals, transfers to exchanges) then the spouse that tries this could be held in contempt of court.

IMO this is not a good idea. 

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
madmat
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 07:22:51 AM

If the other spouse can prove that BTC or other assets were purchased (like cash withdrawals, transfers to exchanges) then the spouse that tries this could be held in contempt of court.

Right. BTC must be bought with cash only and with cash you didn't withdraw for that specifically. So it's hard to buy a lot of btc.
DrG
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1035

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 08:04:35 AM

Davincij15 took it a step further and fled the country with his bitcoin...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Mr_vu4qFD0

Wow.  I was wondering where he ran off to....haven't seen him on in the longest time.

He seems happier Tongue
ShakyhandsBTCer

Activity: 448

It's Money 2.0| It’s gold for nerds | It's Bitcoin

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 03:57:43 AM

Right. BTC must be bought with cash only and with cash you didn't withdraw for that specifically. So it's hard to buy a lot of btc.

Even if it was an early adopter that could hide their purchase you would still be taking a huge risk.
AlPutino

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 04:25:25 AM

So in one of the threads i saw somebody worrying whether making money off of Bitcoin is ethical or not. Meanwhile here people are trying to figure out how to hide wealth from their spouses.  Undecided
TopherB

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 03:05:24 PM

So in one of the threads i saw somebody worrying whether making money off of Bitcoin is ethical or not. Meanwhile here people are trying to figure out how to hide wealth from their spouses.  Undecided
Different people having different opinions? How strange...
ShakyhandsBTCer

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 04:30:29 PM

I would not say that this thread is about how to hide money from their soon-to-be spouses, it is more about the question of could it be done.
joshraban76

Activity: 252

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 04:36:50 PM

Really tricky, I never thought of it.

What if the being divorced knows about it, can he prove it in the court during the judgement ?

\   \  \ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\◥◣◢◤//////////////// /  /   /
Win88.me ❖ Fair, Trusted Online BTC Gambling ❖
/   /  / ////////////////◢◤◥◣\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \  \   \
ShakyhandsBTCer

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 06:09:35 AM

Really tricky, I never thought of it.

What if the being divorced knows about it, can he prove it in the court during the judgement ?

Divorce is tricky and has tricky rules of evidence.

If the wife makes an accusation that is shaky but does have a little evidence the judge will likely want to see proof to the contrary.
Harley997

Activity: 266

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 06:30:53 AM

The same is true when you try to cash your BTC back into fiat.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  

Jump to: