Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 02:49:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ...and a Satoshi for the lady.  (Read 4598 times)
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2012, 04:31:56 PM

Sometimes, my brainfarts are golden! This idea is about to take wings but, once again, I'll need a little help from this community, preferably from those that drink. Inspired from: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=63643.msg745813#msg745813

Introducing a new cocktail called The Satoshi or Satoshi (whichever name you, the reader, decide is best for marketing).

As bitcoinbitcoin113 so kindly has pointed out, it must have Cointreau (triple sec) as the/a main ingredient. Atheros was instrumental in suggesting triple sec.

To get your creative juices flowing (pun intended, or not), take a look at this website: http://www.cocktailmaking.co.uk/displayingredient.php/118-triple-sec

Once the main ingredients are suggested, we'll move until how it should best be served: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straight_up_(bartending)

Bear in mind, that I'm not trying to get drinking establishment into accepting bitcoins (that's down the road), but trying to bring further awareness to Bitcoin by having a fashionable drink named after our beloved founder.

The built-in beauty with this drink is that after consuming too many, you'll no longer be able to pronounce it correctly, thus having the establishment that serves it, cut you off.

I, for one, like the logo and color:

Once perfected, and I hope soon, I'll introduce it to fine cocktail lounges around the Chicagoland area. Perhaps, this cocktail may excite the ladies into wanting to learn more about Bitcoin. We can only hope.

The main competition is the Cosmopolitan, Margarita and Long Island Ice Tea.

~Bruno~

Fake Edit: I can envision this cocktail served at fine Sushi Bars.

Thoughts?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
hongus

Activity: 736
Merit: 100

Adoption Blockchain e-Commerce to World

View Profile
February 13, 2012, 06:44:45 PM

Maybe you should make it into a layered shot? Those are always pretty and bring attention. But there's already the B-52, which has triple sec :\

Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2012, 06:53:33 PM

Maybe you should make it into a layered shot? Those are always pretty and bring attention. But there's already the B-52, which has triple sec :\

Not a bad idea, but was hoping for something more social. Perhaps, though, your idea could be used for a Nakamoto. Something that'll really kick you in the ass.
hongus

Activity: 736
Merit: 100

Adoption Blockchain e-Commerce to World

View Profile
February 13, 2012, 07:06:58 PM

Okay okay I just thought of it. Since margaritas are mexican-ish and use tequila and triple sec, you can make a japanese one called a satoshirita that uses sake and triple sec? probably won't get popular though, just throwing out wild suggestions

Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2012, 07:37:32 PM

Okay okay I just thought of it. Since margaritas are mexican-ish and use tequila and triple sec, you can make a japanese one called a satoshirita that uses sake and triple sec? probably won't get popular though, just throwing out wild suggestions

Now you're a thinkin'! Still, what else is in (recipe)? It has to be different than what's already out there, albeit not too different. And it must be palatable. And look good. How readily available is sake? And would it taste good with triple sec? I envision a thin orange peel rind floating or toothpicked in the drink.

More thoughts?! I'm getting thirsty!

~Bruno~
RaggedMonk

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 13, 2012, 10:04:10 PM

This thread is full of derp.  No wonder Phinneas has 3k+ posts.

On a more serious note, have you ever tried triple sec straight up?  It is sickeningly sweet.  I don't think its going to catch on, man...
bb113

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 13, 2012, 10:30:19 PM

I originally suggested a "bit" of Cointreau with something else as the base.
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2012, 10:39:32 PM

On a more serious note, have you ever tried triple sec straight up?  It is sickeningly sweet.  I don't think its going to catch on, man...

I was going to Google 'derp', but opt not to. I've never drank triple sec straight up before, but have had many a Long Island Ice Teas. I'm sure mixed with a myriad of other alcohols, it's not bad. The only way a Satoshi or Satoshirita won't catch on, is if we don't try.

That said, start mixing, and provide me a recipe to present to the lounges. Now that we know that Matthew is no longer MIA, we can concentrate on pressing matters--like creating a cocktail called Satoshi.

What if the only place (at least at the beginning) one could order a Satoshi is at a Sushi Bar? I'm sure that the patrons that visit such a place resemble the demographics that we, as Bitcoiners, are trying to market to.

~Bruno~

http://cocktails.about.com/od/cocktail_contest/a/contest_basics.htm
http://philadelphia.foobooz.com/2011/09/07/philly-needs-a-new-cocktail/
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2012, 10:44:44 PM

I originally suggested a "bit" of Cointreau with something else as the base.

Great idea again, bitcoinbitcoin113. A shot glass clearly marked with a line to represent a "bit". Too bad a "Wise Shot" has been in use for years, but a "Bit Shot"? Hmmm!!!

~Bruno~
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2012, 02:09:01 AM

Satoshi

1 oz Apricot Porecje Brandy
1/2 oz Cointreau Triple Sec
1/2 oz Curaçao
1/2 oz Sake
1 oz Cranberry Juice

Shake ingredients with ice and strain into a chilled cocktail glass. Garnish with orange rind and a slice of kiwi, and serve with one ice cube.

Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 14, 2012, 02:15:59 AM

Satoshi

1 oz Apricot Porecje Brandy
1/2 oz Cointreau Triple Sec
1/2 oz Curaçao
1/2 oz Sake
1 oz Cranberry Juice

Shake ingredients with ice and strain into a chilled cocktail glass. Garnish with orange rind and a slice of kiwi, and serve with one ice cube.

herp!
rjk

Activity: 448

1ngldh

View Profile
February 14, 2012, 02:17:33 AM

This thread is full of derp.  No wonder Phinneas has 3k+ posts.
herp!
Durr

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
bb113

View Profile
February 14, 2012, 02:27:23 AM

Try to work in 21 million of something (or maybe just 21), and deflation.

Dont shake it, instead add the alcohol a lot at first, then some of the mixers, then a little more alcohol on top, etc. If you could achieve an alcohol gradient it would get stronger as you got to the end. A straw would work in reverse, so...If you want a straw, ask for an inflationary Satoshi. If you want it shaken/stirred say "with market intervention".

Now what should it mean if you want to "get goxed"? Double size?
deepceleron
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1025

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2012, 02:32:45 AM

How about a "twist" on the apt Kamikaze: (vodka, triple sec, lime juice)
  • Alizé Gold Passion
  • Cointreau Triple Sec
  • Freshly squeezed lime juice
Then for the special dashes to make it a Satoshi:
  • Goldschläger
  • Creme de Cassis (get the reference?)
SysRun

Activity: 616

Portland Bitcoin Group Organizer

View Profile
February 14, 2012, 02:35:41 AM

mint should be in there, at least as a garnish.

Images are not allowed. As your member rank increases, you can use more types of styling in your signature, and your signature can be longer. See the stickies in Meta for more info.
Max 2000; characters remaining: 1781
rjk

Activity: 448

1ngldh

View Profile
February 14, 2012, 02:36:28 AM

Dont shake it, instead add the alcohol a lot at first, then some of the mixers, then a little more alcohol on top, etc. If you could achieve an alcohol gradient it would get stronger as you got to the end. A straw would work in reverse, so...If you want a straw, ask for an inflationary Satoshi. If you want it shaken/stirred say "with market intervention".

Ahahaha, excellent. I like this.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
bb113

View Profile
February 14, 2012, 03:02:27 AM

Ok, I've got it for "getting goxed". If you don't want any coin, say you wanna get goxed. This will mean substitute with something stronger. Everclear.

Also do you like bubbles? Tonic water. There are many word games to be played with this.
Atheros

Activity: 249
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2012, 04:13:32 AM

Oh Yes! There must be bubbles. Bubbles are the unavoidable price we pay for having a currency that has a limited monetary base. Perhaps the bubbles are from the OpenCola.

"OpenCola is a brand of cola unique in that the instructions for making it are freely available and modifiable. Anybody can make the drink, and anyone can modify and improve on the recipe as long as they, too, license their recipe under the GNU General Public License."

BM-GteJMPqvHRUdUHHa1u7dtYnfDaH5ogeY
Bitmessage.org - Decentralized, trustless, encrypted, authenticated messaging protocol and client.
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2012, 05:33:57 AM

Calling it a night, for it's been a busy day today. Almost drove me to a drinkin'.

~Bruno~
bb113

View Profile
February 14, 2012, 06:58:39 AM

The symbolism is becoming complex enough to seem deep. The opencola idea is good, but most places won't carry that right now. Maybe that should be named something that indicates a little extra purity. Perhaps that would be a Satoshi to eight decimal places:  A Satoshi-oct, Satoshi-8, Satoshi-oooooooB, Satooobshi, or... maybe some play on open, Open Sauced, I dunno...
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: