Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 04:06:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Should I Invest in Bitcoins?  (Read 1429 times)
wachtwoord
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 01:01:23 PM

I cannot advise without knowing your full situation, but in all likelihood: YES.

To make sure, sum up your situation for yourself and investigate Bitcoin (and crypto in general) until you understand. I would also advice you to ban yourself from making any altcoin investment for 6 months.
ReserviorHunt

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 03:31:27 PM

Why not? I only recently started on this crypto currency thing, and you should give it a try. Not only is there bitcoin, but litecoin and other 'alternative' currencies as well. Each and every one of them are interesting in their own right.
BigMac
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 03:37:22 PM

Why not? I only recently started on this crypto currency thing, and you should give it a try. Not only is there bitcoin, but litecoin and other 'alternative' currencies as well. Each and every one of them are interesting in their own right.

Sorry, can't agree with that line.
Only a small portion of altcoins are interesting and quite different, the others are clones, scams, and made for pumps and dumps.

Bubbles06

Activity: 66

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 08:46:13 PM

You could treat it like any other investment. Only invest what you can afford to lose. It's very volatile. But there is some good upside potential.
kaiy

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 08:28:12 AM

But before anyone gets too excited, it's worth saying that any bet on bitcoin is still more of a wager on its potential and the growing sophistication of its trading technologies than its practical use.
JohnFromWIT

Activity: 112

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 08:37:58 AM

You could buy a small amount to get yourself personally invested.
As the markets change and affect your investment, you will pay more attention to what's happening.
Bit by bit (nerdpun) you will learn about how it works and become more comfortable investing.
Even then though, don't bet the farm. Only spend what you can afford to.

platorin

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 10:24:24 AM

If you have any doubts or questions, try to learn more about Bitcoin and catch it's idea. Once you have fully understood it, you will have no more doubts and personally, answer to your question is: yes!
Parazyd

Activity: 812
Merit: 587

Space Lord

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2014, 10:25:20 AM

Yes, invest! Invest all you can afford. And buy as many Bitcoin as you can, and never sell.
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 12:25:36 PM

If you want to earn you do, there is no other easy way to do it.
Zyborg

Activity: 476
Merit: 256

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 12:30:44 PM

I am completely new to Bitcoins and know nothing about them! Should I invest, and where do I start?

No.

You should not invest until you know and understand enough about Bitcoin that you can answer your own question.
This. Lots of people rush into something like this thinking it's a way to get rich quick. It's not. You wouldn't invest in something you knew nothing about, why would bitcoin be an exception?
bitmaster111

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2014, 06:03:15 PM

if you want to earn you need to invest in BTC . you can see how markets of BTC increases daily . if you see https://markets.blockchain.info/ here daily increment in the price of BTC. I think it is a safe investment after gold. .
Peter882

Activity: 543
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 11:35:41 AM

I am completely new to Bitcoins and know nothing about them! Should I invest, and where do I start?

No.

You should not invest until you know and understand enough about Bitcoin that you can answer your own question.
This. Lots of people rush into something like this thinking it's a way to get rich quick. It's not. You wouldn't invest in something you knew nothing about, why would bitcoin be an exception?

I am sure that many of those buying bitcoin in Dec 2013 have no idea what bitcoin is, but just read an article or a show mentioning the term "bitcoin". Smiley

Zyborg

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 11:36:39 AM

No.

I am sure that many of those buying bitcoin in Dec 2013 have no idea what bitcoin is, but just read an article or a show mentioning the term "bitcoin". Smiley
And how many of them do you think panic sold theirs the first crash because they got scared? Smiley
Peter882

Activity: 543
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 12:00:24 PM

No.

And how many of them do you think panic sold theirs the first crash because they got scared? Smiley

Probably most of them IMO.
When they have no idea what bitcoin is, and heard the FUD "bitcoin is dead" when mtgox went down, they probably lost all their confidence. Smiley

Zyborg

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 12:04:06 PM

No.

Probably most of them IMO.
When they have no idea what bitcoin is, and heard the FUD "bitcoin is dead" when mtgox went down, they probably lost all their confidence. Smiley
Yup. It's a good thing to get rid of short term investors though I think. No need for people who doubt bitcoins here.
DolanDuck

Activity: 196
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 12:04:15 PM

I did so many errors in the last two bubbles that I've decided to hold all my btc and forget about exchanges for some years...

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
deadley
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 1064

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 12:07:01 PM

I did so many errors in the last two bubbles that I've decided to hold all my btc and forget about exchanges for some years...

I also put aside 2 BTC for future. I really dont care what will be the future price either I will be super rich with that 2 coins or it wont affect my life. So buy some coins and hold it for 2-3 years.

Zyborg

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 12:10:11 PM

I also put aside 2 BTC for future. I really dont care what will be the future price either I will be super rich with that 2 coins or it wont affect my life. So buy some coins and hold it for 2-3 years.
That's nice, always good to have something to hold in case price explodes to high heavens.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: