Bitcoin Forum
August 23, 2024, 03:19:20 AM *
News: All versions of Windows are affected by a critical security bug; make sure you update.

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Blockchain.info AND Blockexplorer.com down?  (Read 2819 times)
studeer

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 08:16:08 AM

well it's back online. wallet works. seems to load pages faster Grin
Timmmaahh

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 08:17:26 AM

well it's back online. wallet works. seems to load pages faster Grin

everything fine at me Cheesy

Crowdfund a students life: 1MxQX4MsF3N3oGpawfgM72K5vzEPeLjTyR
Guido
Legendary

Activity: 1061
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 08:30:14 AM

so the dump in price to pre apple news is because of this lol?
glad I don't daytrade and hold for longterm

quite possibly blockchain were re-adding app integration before resubmitting or something a and price will re-rocket

I see times like this the trolls come out and even post more china fud threads lmao

think this may be just the tonic to 'take the summer off' and check the price on a random date
like end september  Cool

yep, both sites blockchain and blockexplorer working dandy for me  Cheesy

now please someone please go and explain to the trolls in btce trollbox, they think the sky is falling

I am Bonkers BTW
Crypto OG
        +
Digital Artist
BitCoinDream
Legendary

Activity: 2366
Merit: 1204

The revolution will be digital

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 08:51:56 AM

Services may go down from time to time, but there should be an update or at least acknowledgement. https://twitter.com/blockchain does not say anything about the downtime. This is quite unprofessional.

Farmer17

Activity: 674
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 09:00:06 AM

Blockchain.info is not showing any transactions.

Blockexplorer is showing
Code:
ERROR: unknown (Most likely my bitcoind stopped working or this page is too large/complex.)

What's up? Are these pages run by the same guys?

I believe blockexplorer is made and run by theymos.

http://blockexplorer.com/testnet
Tell me (theymos) if you find any bugs.

zimmah
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 09:14:57 AM

this is not nice...wonder what`s happening..they didnt announce anything

What happens with the wallets on blockchain? Will you still be able to get your money out?

Yes, the actual wallet has nothing to do with blockchain. If you made a backup of the private keys it doesn't matter if blockchain shuts down.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3724
Merit: 1217

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 10:36:52 AM

Everything is fine now. Blockchain.info is online again and the wallets can be accessed and the coins can be transferred. No need to go ballistic... all of your coins are safe.  Grin

Activity: 230
Merit: 100

Come original.

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 10:39:08 AM

People always panic when this happens. They should really learn how the site works though and makes sure theyve got a back up of their wallet.
lpn209

Activity: 14

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 10:56:32 AM

People always panic when this happens. They should really learn how the site works though and makes sure theyve got a back up of their wallet.

Do you need to need to back up your wallet each time your balance increases?

Activity: 230

Come original.

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 11:00:49 AM

Yes I think so but you can set it so it automatically sends you one each time it happens.
blatchcorn

Activity: 952
Merit: 281

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 11:06:38 AM

Yes I think so but you can set it so it automatically sends you one each time it happens.
Just for clarification: yes you definitely 100% need to back-up Smiley
JJB

Activity: 131

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 11:14:50 AM

There is one wallet where you dont need to make new backups everytime you make a transaction but just have the one. Forgot which one it is now though. Anyone know?
lpn209

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 11:24:44 AM

Thanks, I'm not sure if blockchain.info has that option, cannot see it listed on there site

Just for clarification: yes you definitely 100% need to back-up Smiley

Thanks, going to do that now  Smiley
turvarya

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 11:56:33 AM

There is one wallet where you dont need to make new backups everytime you make a transaction but just have the one. Forgot which one it is now though. Anyone know?
If you would Need to backup your wallet everytime you get or send Money, Offline-Wallets wouldn't work.
I am not sure, what you guys are talking about.

https://forum.bitcoin.com/
New censorship-free forum by Roger Ver. Try it out.
kik1977

Activity: 593
Merit: 505

Wherever I may roam

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 11:57:09 AM

So funny to see people going maaaaaaad so quickly. On the other hand it's quite strange the lack of communication from BC, they're usually very good at that..

We are like butterflies who flutter for a day and think it is forever
Nurbal

Activity: 107

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 12:13:31 PM

NO!
A backup is sent by email each time you add a wallet in your account, not each time some uBTC are sent to you.

You just need the private key of your wallet to back it up: for blockchain, just use the "paper" button and print the paper wallet(s) generated, with the qr codes. And you're ok, you could even import this key in any other wallet program to spend your BTC as you like.

The private key(s) is the one and only necessary thing to backup in a safe place. Even the public key is generated from it.
TYT

Activity: 78

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 12:19:37 PM

So funny to see people going maaaaaaad so quickly. On the other hand it's quite strange the lack of communication from BC, they're usually very good at that..

They're mad because they're panicking because they haven't got any wallet backups.
Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 509

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2014, 12:27:15 PM

It is kind of weird that they haven't even acknowledged that there is a problem.  Usually they address it publicly right away. I can get to Blockchain.info but not their blog. That website doesn't even connect...

Yeah! I can get into blockchain.info . Did anybody reported the problem to them?
Kindly,
        Muhammed Zakhir

lpn209

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 12:34:57 PM

NO!
A backup is sent by email each time you add a wallet in your account, not each time some uBTC are sent to you.

You just need the private key of your wallet to back it up: for blockchain, just use the "paper" button and print the paper wallet(s) generated, with the qr codes. And you're ok, you could even import this key in any other wallet program to spend your BTC as you like.

The private key(s) is the one and only necessary thing to backup in a safe place. Even the public key is generated from it.

Thanks, so doing one backup is fine, even if your balance increases or decreases, only needed if you add new addresses to the wallet? The private key, is this the "identifier" that is requested when logging onto blockchain.info?  Huh
kik1977

Activity: 593
Merit: 505

Wherever I may roam

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 12:37:40 PM

NO!

Thanks, so doing one backup is fine, even if your balance increases or decreases, only needed if you add new addresses to the wallet? The private key, is this the "identifier" that is requested when logging onto blockchain.info?  Huh

No, you need your private key to sign a transaction, the identifier requested is a login identifier.

We are like butterflies who flutter for a day and think it is forever
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: