Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 09:59:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Cointerra Terraminer Half Speed PSU/Board problem??  (Read 9379 times)
venom2049 (OP)

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 10:51:04 PM

If anybody has the knowledge in how to fix this machine PM me so we can discuss a price.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
emba4

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 07:44:20 AM

no theyre always like that (well i havent seen brown ground cables before only black) its how i worked out that you can switch them round, still not sure why it fixed the prob though
data55

Activity: 112

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 12:45:34 PM
Last edit: June 10, 2014, 01:11:39 PM by data55

New miner here, forgive me for my ignorance. Undecided

I'm also having a problem with mine. I bought it and the guy said it had a "bad core" but it still sat stable at 1.2TH with the power stepping set to 6. I just switched my password and now its freaking out, can't get anything over 900 GH for any period of time. It originally only showed CTA0 & CTA1, now they will go off and other CTA's (CTA5, CTA2, etc) are showing up and turning off. I can solve this by restarting the machine but still cannot get back to the 1.2TH i was sitting at. How did changing my pool password effect this?

**edit**

Well after playing around some more it seems like it has settled back down @ 1.2TH but for some reason it would only do this with the power setting on 5 instead of 6 like it used to be?

Can anyone tell me if anything in this looks off?

https://i.imgur.com/75zn5rt.jpg

I'm addicted to hashpower and horsepower.
*Reinstated from hack - Dec. 2020*
emba4

Activity: 24

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 01:15:13 PM

its likely a coincidence, usually when you get extra CTAs in the web interface it means the board has failed and reset, when it reconnects to cgminer it is added as a new device, i think i have a rough idea of whats likely happened but its only a somewhat educated guess. when it was running at 1.2 chances are one core on one of the boards was overheating and being throttled or even temporarily disabled resulting in the lowered hash rate, however after it hits a certain temp (i believe around 120C) the board shuts down completely, it then restarts and gets re-added then fails again.

if you open up the rig and connect the board to cgminer with cointerra enabled youll get better error reporting, by no means is it concise but it will at least tell you when the board resets or gets disabled, sadly ive never gotten a board back to full power but i have got some from dead to running at half power. if you happen to be lucky then it may be as easy as replacing the thermal compound on the problem board, but sadly ive found its rarely that easy
data55

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 01:32:03 PM

Thank you, i'll try this next.

venom2049 (OP)

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 05:01:17 PM

If anybody have experience fixing this miners let me know, I can pay for the service
Cray-1

Activity: 36

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 03:11:13 AM

If anybody have experience fixing this miners let me know, I can pay for the service

Venom,

I am having the same power problem you had.  One board has a problem but if you disconnect the power supply from the board it reads a solid 12V.  When I connect the power, there is a spark and then the PSU shuts down and the light goes orange.

Have you solved this yet???
venom2049 (OP)

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 11:20:47 PM

nope I havent solved this issue yet.
KOTEKPL

Activity: 9

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 07:43:45 PM

I also now have the "COLOD"  Cointerra Orange Light Of Death    if anyone has an idea on how this can be fixed please post!

backstory...
Got he miner march 5th.  Sometime in april the webgui showed only one cta.  Opened it up to find one of the power blocks came off the main board. soldered a piece of wire to the board and to the block cuz I could not get the block hot enough to melt solder under it.  Any ways, it worked. was always HOT.  Tried new thermal paste. Still hot.  Tried liquid pro got it cooler and one of the pumps stopped working so it would got to 120c and shut off.  Took the pump apart and pulled out a bunch of white butter/grease out of it and the white rubber"channel" inside the pump. Pump works again and now the whole board wont power... no leds at all and on the power supply it shows one green and one orange light.  Its the board closer to the psus.  after all the thermal paste and liquid pro usage and frustration of taking it a part a thousand times i think i killed it. Last try to bring it back to life will be to remove the board from the case completely and give it a nice scrub down with iso alcohol.
joolzg

Activity: 76

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 11:22:41 AM

FYI

I was in Texas last weekend, im based in sweden, so I decided to have a drive down to cointerra and found their building. CLOSED

Not a car in the car park, and only 1 sign showing Cointerra were there.

Does not look good to me as they are supposed to be working hard on the new 2TH machines.

joolz
data55

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 05:48:16 PM

I'm located in Texas, I can make a trip down there to check stuff out for members if anyone would like. I could also camp out and see if anyone shows up to the building for a week, but that would require donations for hotel rooms. There is probably a member located in Austin that it might be easier for them to check out, just finding someone to do it is the big thing.

venom2049 (OP)

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 12:35:39 AM

BFL part two!!
KOTEKPL

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 07:51:35 PM

So I got the board out.  Rectangle Pyrex dish and 2 bottles of 99 iso alcohol.   Old tooth brush that vibrates too.  Soaked, washed, scrubbed, and rinsed the board with iso.  Dried it off with some towels and waited about an hour and it still has a short between the positive and negative.  There is a component that has burnt out but I cant physically see any, even under a lighted magnifying glass.  anyone have any suggestions on what to do next?   Seems like more and more people are getting the same problem.
Scrappy Do

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 01:23:18 AM

So I got the board out.  Rectangle Pyrex dish and 2 bottles of 99 iso alcohol.   Old tooth brush that vibrates too.  Soaked, washed, scrubbed, and rinsed the board with iso.  Dried it off with some towels and waited about an hour and it still has a short between the positive and negative.  There is a component that has burnt out but I cant physically see any, even under a lighted magnifying glass.  anyone have any suggestions on what to do next?   Seems like more and more people are getting the same problem.

Yup. This forum really needs to be combined here... https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=641998.new#new
Scrappy Do

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 01:26:08 AM

Why did I read reverse the power on secondary board twice. Hell Ill try it.
Scrappy Do

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 01:32:29 AM

Why did I read reverse the power on secondary board twice. Hell Ill try it.

Sparks a lot, no fans fire.
bitcoinbearhk

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 01:43:37 AM

So did the "switch power supply" method work?  Can someone summarize the possible reasons and solutions to the "yellow light of death" problem?

I have got an ultimate CT having both the "yellow light of death problem" (thus killing 1 board), and the "stopping pump problem" (thus killing 1 core) ... it is now running with only 1 core at 400 GH/s ......

Thanks.
KOTEKPL

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 06:53:35 PM

No idea how to fix the yellow light issue. i have the same issue.  as for the pumps...  there can be many problems.  the inside of the copper plate may be gunked up. or air in the pump. does the pump spin? get a 12v power brick and only power the pump. should sound like a muffled humming. if its loud you have air.  did you try liquid pro for the paste?  I'll buy your broken rigs. Private Message ME
venom2049 (OP)

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 06:01:41 AM

Im selling my board with the cooler for 750 shipped if anybody is interested.
bitcoinbearhk

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 07:21:45 AM

So did the "switch power supply" method work?  Can someone summarize the possible reasons and solutions to the "yellow light of death" problem?

I have got an ultimate CT having both the "yellow light of death problem" (thus killing 1 board), and the "stopping pump problem" (thus killing 1 core) ... it is now running with only 1 core at 400 GH/s ......

Thanks.

Thx so did the "flip power cable" method work?? Or do you mean it caught on fire  Huh
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: