Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 04:49:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [2014-06-03] BBC.co.uk - Apple warms to apps using virtual currencies  (Read 691 times)
Mowcore (OP)

Activity: 592
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 11:50:13 AM

BBC.co.uk - Apple warms to apps using virtual currencies

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-27680109

Apps accepting payments made with virtual currencies, such as Bitcoin, could soon appear in Apple's app store.

The firm has changed its policy for apps to allow software developers to use "approved virtual currencies".

Apple has yet to publish a list of which virtual currencies it considers to be "approved".

Many have taken this to mean that the Bitcoin cyber-cash system will soon be included in Apple apps as it is the most widely used virtual currency.

Edit: noticed the link had already been posted, av this instead!

Independent.co.uk - Bitcoin is back: digital currency skyrockets as Apple changes its app store policy

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/bitcoin-is-back-digital-currency-skyrockets-as-apple-changes-its-app-store-policy-9483068.html

Humble Weekly Bundle.Pay What You Want. Redeem on Steam. Support charity. Pay with BTCitcoin now!--> Paypal Sad

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
TYT

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 01:48:07 PM

All depends on what they define as "approved" though. You know what apple is like.
fatty_but_happy

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 02:44:29 AM

I think Apple was interested in accepting Bitcoins only because of its growing value
and this fact confirms it
In late November 2013 each bitcoin was briefly worth about $1,000 (£596) but the value collapsed soon after.
Current exchange rates suggest each one is now worth about $650.
Ron~Popeil

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 03:54:20 PM

It is the same for all businesses if there is wealth to be gained they will endeavor to earn it.

ganabb

Activity: 434

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 09:43:03 AM

I think I could get paid via affiliate commission for each user that they sign up under via iphone, ipad, mac, etc, plus a small fee per transaction soon.

bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 10:44:50 AM

Still there is no guarantee. You may install the Bitcoin wallet application on your Apple iphone, and store your coins with it. Suddenly, one day the Apple will announce that it is banning Bitcoins once again. What will happen to the coins?  Grin
serje
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 10:57:10 AM

Maybe someone from apple wants to make his one altcoin and they know they have no chance if they don't accept BTC Smiley

Space for rent if its still trending
bitsmichel

Activity: 518

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 11:21:26 AM

I think Apple was interested in accepting Bitcoins only because of its growing value
and this fact confirms it
In late November 2013 each bitcoin was briefly worth about $1,000 (£596) but the value collapsed soon after.
Current exchange rates suggest each one is now worth about $650.

Exactly, initially they banned all virtual currency apps from their store. Now they allow it, as you cant just ignore a billion dollar market  Smiley I think its a matter of time before they will try to make their own crypto app

bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 11:41:28 AM

Exactly, initially they banned all virtual currency apps from their store. Now they allow it, as you cant just ignore a billion dollar market  Smiley I think its a matter of time before they will try to make their own crypto app

Social media did the trick, I believe. There were a lot of online petitions, email campaigns.etc. There were even YouTube videos of Bitcoin users smashing their Apple iPhones. The Apple guys are downright arrogant, but they quickly realized that they are losing thousands of potential customers. In the end, they were forced to allow Bitcoin.  Grin
Ron~Popeil

Activity: 406

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 03:42:47 PM

Social media did the trick, I believe. There were a lot of online petitions, email campaigns.etc. There were even YouTube videos of Bitcoin users smashing their Apple iPhones. The Apple guys are downright arrogant, but they quickly realized that they are losing thousands of potential customers. In the end, they were forced to allow Bitcoin.  Grin

Behold the power of a free market.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: