Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 11:13:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Intersango Exchange  (Read 82019 times)
sethsethseth

Activity: 257
Merit: 250

Not trusting third parties with my private keys

View Profile
August 15, 2012, 08:18:02 AM

Geez man don't you think you're overreacting a bit?  Have you ever tried to withdraw money from mtgox?  In my experience with 15 withdrawals it takes 1-7 days.  They clear in 1 day about half of the time.  Metro bank seems to screw things up regularly.  Intersango is run by bitcoin developers, not customer service experts.  Just deal with it and wait.  I have a withdrawal from Friday too.

SealsWithClubs poker room has  over 400 players online. Buy in from .01 to 60btc.      BTCSportsMatch lets you bet sports with vig free lines!  Best kept secret in bitcoin....          LocalBitcoins.com is very user-friendly now for bank transfers.  You don't have to live close to trade when in the same currency area.           
Electrum client is awesome. Try it. And please stop sending bitcoins to sites run by security newbies, or don't complain when you lose everything.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Otoh
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1104

View Profile
August 15, 2012, 09:10:46 AM
Last edit: August 15, 2012, 01:19:09 PM by Otoh

Geez man don't you think you're overreacting a bit?  Have you ever tried to withdraw money from mtgox?  In my experience with 15 withdrawals it takes 1-7 days.  They clear in 1 day about half of the time.  Metro bank seems to screw things up regularly.  Intersango is run by bitcoin developers, not customer service experts.  Just deal with it and wait.  I have a withdrawal from Friday too.

No, I don't think that I'm over reacting, I was told that all UK transfers had been made & so committed this money, my money note - not Intersango's, this commitment is now in default & causing me extreme knock on stress, problems & expense. I get no updates or explanation from Intersango, when I query this their system is so stupid & badly designed as to remove my case from Admin needs attention field, this isn't about geeks not being good at customer service it is about a constant failure to operate a half way professional business & have the common curtsey to keep customers informed when there are delays. Gox international wires are different altogether & yes I have used them & it has been a much better experience than this.

UKWithdrawalRequested Friday 10th August

requested

1433.10 GBP

Donald hi,

Kindly send me my money now, today, this morning, this is urgent, I have had a support ticket open since first thing Monday & am just getting the run around - like 'all UK payments have been sent' when it hasn't & is still on requested only, then nothing - no updates, no explanation, no processing & no money.

It takes less than five minutes to make a UK faster bank transfer to a return customer & in 3 days you could at least have visited your bank withdrawn the cash & deposited it in mine at Lloyds, please get your act together as I have had this so many times with Britcoin/Intersango & it causes real inconvenience & unnecessary stress.

Later today I shall be lodging a complaint with Metro bank business customer services, that you are withholding my funds without authorization & refuse to provide any explanation as to why & then I shall escalate this matter in every way I can think of until you return my money.

Thanks,

Otoh

Edit:

emailed to donald@bitcoinconsultancy.com (Donald Norman - CEO)

Hi Otoh,

This is not the right contact. Your ticket should be answered in time
but Intersango doesn't guarantee any response time.

emailed to: patrick@intersango.com (Patrick Strateman - CTO)

... awaiting response

BTC = $c²     My BTC addie = 1otohotohMoQoxHuxLBveQiZcV3Pji3Tc 
Bitstamp Exchange: Referal Code
CHARITY | MY REP | PREDICTION 1 | PREDICTION 2 | PREDICTION 3
Otoh
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
August 15, 2012, 09:23:38 AM
Last edit: August 15, 2012, 11:52:57 AM by Otoh

By posting here, it can hopefully act as a warning for anyone else thinking of trusting their funds to Intersango & to inform them that the ToS support page is blatantly false when it states:

Bank/Payment service, Withdrawal time, Payments sent daily.

Intersango know this but do not correct it to show how long it will actually take. This is their thread, if they cared in the slightest about their customers & any potential new ones they would at least visit it once in a while & update them here when they are having problems about when they will be solved, so that their customers can make informed decisions & alternative arrangements if needed - in the past I have given up & re-bought coins at a loss, moved them to Gox where I sold them at another loss in $, then exchanged them to GBP at a loss & wired them from Japan to the UK for 2,000 Yen plus other bank fees & it's still faster than what should be a simple straightforward Intersango withdrawal.

deeplink

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

In cryptography we trust

View Profile
August 15, 2012, 10:57:23 AM

By posting here, it can hopefully act as a warning for anyone else thinking of trusting their funds to Intersango

I assume you are aware of the ongoing Bitcoinica case/investigation/lawsuit? Why do you think another company run by exactly the same crooks would handle their customers any better?
scribe

Activity: 295
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2012, 11:00:26 AM

I'm totally confused by the timestamps. It looks like some of the communication was happening around midnight UK Time, e.g.

Aug. 13, 2012, 11:57 p.m. Chris needs_staff_action -> needs_admin_action

Was that really the case, or have the timestamps suffered some kind of translation?

Edit: Oh, just seen this:

note UK time is actually 1 hour on from that quoted on these messages...

Was it actually happening at around 1am then?

blocknois.es Bitcoin music label. ~ New release: This Is Art

Read: Bitcoin Life | Wear: FUTUREECONOMY
Otoh
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
August 15, 2012, 11:36:31 AM

I'm totally confused by the timestamps. It looks like some of the communication was happening around midnight UK Time, e.g.

Aug. 13, 2012, 11:57 p.m. Chris needs_staff_action -> needs_admin_action

Was that really the case, or have the timestamps suffered some kind of translation?

Edit: Oh, just seen this:

note UK time is actually 1 hour on from that quoted on these messages...

Was it actually happening at around 1am then?

Yes it was & for me around 2 AM in Spain, their staff only seem to come in to the office at night, second job/intern/vampire or something I expect, the Admins can be there at any hours - sometimes very early, sometimes very late also - I've had 4.30 AM replies, but then some days no one seems to bother going to work at all, at least nothing happens that was meant to like transfers out or info on why the delays.

email to support@intersango.com

Hi,

"Our support team is available by email at support@intersango.com to quickly answer any questions you may have. Please feel free to contact us. We are happy to help."

Re: #35880

UKWithdrawalRequested Friday 10th August

requested

1433.10 GBP

Why are you ignoring me, why don't you let your customers know what's going on & when it will be sorted out, why won't you return my money in a timely fashion, why does your support page still say that UK bank withdrawals are processed daily when this is not true & you know it, I know of at least 3 other people who have been waiting since Friday - when are you going to send their funds, it is so simple & if your bank have problems then just go & do it in person over the counter next day.

To intentionally deprive others of their money permanently is theft, to do it for as long as you can get away with it is fraud, unless you can give a reliable date when this will be resolved so that your customers can make informed decisions & alternative arrangements if required then I will have to consider this behavior scamming & the worst business practice.

What is your telephone numbers or Skype, you have mine, call me & get this sorted out rather than ruining a whole week for your clients & wrecking your reputation.

My Skype ID: xxx

Thanks for your immediate attention to this well overdue matter,

Otoh

piuk

Activity: 910
Merit: 1005

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2012, 11:39:39 AM

I am also waiting on a withdrawal since Friday (#35845). Is this new bank trouble or just a backlog?

Otoh
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
August 15, 2012, 11:43:15 AM

I am also waiting on a withdrawal since Friday (#35845). Is this new bank trouble or just a backlog?

That's just the problem, they last said on Monday that everything is fine & "We're sorry for the delays. UK payments have now been sent." - Donald. But this is not true & despite repeated attempts to get an explanation from them - nothing!

BitLucky

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 15, 2012, 11:44:47 AM

I got told "All withdrawals must be processed manually and this can be a time consuming task. Withdrawals are prioritised by the order they are requested and by their size." Which is no excuse. Sounds like they are running a fractional-reserve operation...
At least you can cancel your withdrawal request and buy BTC immediately...
Otoh
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
August 15, 2012, 12:07:24 PM
Last edit: August 15, 2012, 01:15:20 PM by Otoh

PM to phantomcircuit (Patrick Strateman) & to ID: intersango (Staff - I assume)

Hi,

Please visit your Intersango thread & let the numerous customers of yours who have been waiting since Friday for UK bank withdrawals know what is going on & when they can expect their money, the longer you leave this the more it pisses off your customers, puts potential new ones off & leads to adverse speculation of why this may be going on while you provide no explanations.

Thanks,

Otoh

Otoh
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
August 15, 2012, 01:08:50 PM

PM to genjix (Amir Taaki)

Amir Hi,

Please visit the Intersango thread & let the numerous customers of yours who have been waiting since Friday for UK bank withdrawals know what is going on & when they can expect their money, the longer you leave this the more it pisses off your customers, puts potential new ones off & leads to adverse speculation of why this may be going on while you provide no explanations.

Thanks,

Otoh

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=63877.msg1101391#msg1101391

Herodes

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 15, 2012, 01:26:13 PM

Amir Hi,

Please visit the Intersango thread & let the numerous customers of yours who have been waiting since Friday for UK bank withdrawals know what is going on & when they can expect their money, the longer you leave this the more it pisses off your customers, puts potential new ones off & leads to adverse speculation of why this may be going on while you provide no explanations.

Thanks,

Otoh

Isn't Donald on hollidays still ?
Otoh
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
August 15, 2012, 01:34:32 PM
Last edit: August 15, 2012, 01:54:24 PM by Otoh

Amir Hi,

Thanks,

Otoh

Isn't Donald on hollidays still ?

I wouldn't know, he replied though as Admin to my support ticket last Monday to say that all UK bank withdrawals had been made, unfortunately this was totally inaccurate as it appears none have been made at all & still haven't - they may as well all be on holiday for the amount of info being provided on this let alone solutions, he did also just reply to an email I sent to his bitcoinconsultancy address to say support will deal with it whenever - in effect, see my posts above.

emailed from donald@bitcoinconsultancy.com (Donald Norman - CEO)

Hi Otoh,

This is not the right contact. Your ticket should be answered in time
but Intersango doesn't guarantee any response time.

Their home page:

"Our support team is available by email at support@intersango.com to quickly answer any questions you may have. Please feel free to contact us. We are happy to help. "

The OP here:

"We also have always had excellent and fast support!"

"The whole reason we created Intersango was because we realized this was Bitcoins biggest problem, reliable exchanges."

I am not getting excellent and fast support nor quickly answer any questions you may have & I am certainly not finding this to be a reliable exchange.

Otoh
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
August 15, 2012, 02:00:20 PM

I got told "All withdrawals must be processed manually and this can be a time consuming task. Withdrawals are prioritised by the order they are requested and by their size." Which is no excuse. Sounds like they are running a fractional-reserve operation...

I also just heard from another of their customers the following:

"intersango got back to me, saying they can only process so much withdrawals daily due to there own bank accounts daily limits, and that they prioritise withdrawals based on volume not just request order... would like more details on that."

Yes, so would I - pay the small ones first & ignore the larger ones, why is there no info or warning about this on the support page, why isn't this addressed publicly here in their thread & when are funds over £1,000 requested last week going to be sent FFS!

Has anyone here had any bank withdrawals sent since last weekend?

edit: he added:

"Withdrawals are prioritised by the order they are requested and by their size. Our bank also has daily withdrawal limits. It is likely that we reached our daily limit, hence the reversion to requested."

"I asked them about changing from requested to processing and then back again."

Great that other customers have to try & guess what's going on!

disclaimer201
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 15, 2012, 03:19:38 PM

I also just heard from another of their customers the following:

"intersango got back to me, saying they can only process so much withdrawals daily due to there own bank accounts daily limits, and that they prioritise withdrawals based on volume not just request order... would like more details on that."

Yes, so would I - pay the small ones first & ignore the larger ones, why is there no info or warning about this on the support page, why isn't this addressed publicly here in their thread & when are funds over £1,000 requested last week going to be sent FFS!

Otoh, didn't you read the past couple pages of this thread and people warning you from using the service? Didn't you inform yourself who you are doing business with? There are twenty Bitcoinica threads that deal with it, even the Bitcoin conference thread is full of warnings and complaints. They must be the most hated people in the Bitcoin world right now, and you are wondering where your money is? They avoid this thread because they can't stand the criticism and they don't give a fuck. Sorry, but there was more than just one red flag waving straight right in your face. Good luck anyway.
BCB
CTG
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

BCJ

View Profile
August 15, 2012, 03:30:47 PM

It boggles my mind why people continue to use intersango, unless they are trying to cash out and be done with them.

I removed all my funds months ago.

I was also very much looking forward to the BTC conference in London but will not attend due to there continued involvement.

Otoh
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
August 15, 2012, 03:51:10 PM

@deeplink

@disclaimer201

@BCB

Yes, I am well aware of all that but have not as yet joined the camp of completely shunning & condemning them, they have always been hopeless at keeping their customers informed & in effecting consistent timely UK bank withdrawals, I hope that they will get their act together on this their core business but with every passing occasion & day now it seems less likely.

I won't even start on the 1,000 BTC Zhou Tong & possible hidden partners/owners/proxies stole from me by changing the terms of the contract/bet I had made on Bitcoinica & with swaps taxing that bet by 20% per year to make it untenable, I tired to lodge a claim with these guys for it & didn't even get a response though Zhou himself agreed that I was owed compensation.

Sometimes if you give people enough rope they'll hang themselves - metaphorically, I pity them all.

BCB
CTG
VIP
Legendary

BCJ

View Profile
August 15, 2012, 04:00:51 PM

@Otoh

I hear you. If they would be more transparent and communicate better I'd be glad to give them the benefit of the doubt.  But Patrick Norman looks like an idiot on his youtube video with Bruce Wagner, gentix posts about wanting to kill himself (depression is a serious issue, but get help don't use it as an excuse for your troubles), and Patrick seem to try his arrogant best to piss off as many people as possible.  Not my ideas of a team to whom I'd want to trust my hard earned money.

But even you as a long-time user are having your doubts I can only say.

STAY FAR FAR AWAY.

BCB
CTG
VIP
Legendary

BCJ

View Profile
August 15, 2012, 04:04:31 PM

Then you have people entrusting millions to a possibly underage kid and in the process of trying to fuck intersango he fucks the community.

No wonder Bitcoin can't establish any credibility.    To anybody trying to make sense of all the the bitcoinica threads we must look like a bunch of idiots.
Otoh
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
August 15, 2012, 05:46:20 PM

Otoh        to 13 or not to 13 that is the question
Otoh        ;;eightball well?
gribble     The outlook is hazy, please ask again later.
Otoh        ;;eightball Are Intersango going to give me my GBP back this week?
gribble     Yes!
Otoh        thank F for that, you're a star

edit  Angry

Clipse     ;;eightball were you joking about intersango paying otoh ?
gribble    The outlook is poor.
Clipse     Wink   
|<--   scottjp has left freenode (Ping timeout: 265 seconds)
Otoh       Noooo!!!

Cry

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  

Jump to: