Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 10:42:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BITCOIN rate plummets Discussion!!  (Read 316 times)
Anti-Cen

Activity: 210
Merit: 26

High fees = low BTC price

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 01:02:25 PM

China banning i c o was like a bad news that affected all the cryptocurrency prices then, but later stabalize.
Am sure this will only affect for some weeks and return to normal..

Yes Tulips had bad weeks too before it went bang and clearly the market has the jitters so do you think
this is founded or not given 1000% rises in prices we have seen and I am talking of that in one day
on some coins ?

Make no mistake it's a bubble and we are gambling and the value of BTC is all based on faith but
given the transactions fees I have lost any faith in the development team so yes the price might well
bounce back but the tires are getting flat on this one IMHO

Mining is CPU-wars and Intel, AMD like it nearly as much as big oil likes miners wasting electricity. Is this what mankind has come too.
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DexterRock

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 01:49:46 PM

As you all aware of Bitcoin and other alt currencies are plummet due to ban of Crypto currency Exchanges in South Korea and the government was preparing a law to close all the nation’s exchanges this is because of speculations about illegal acts could be perform through Crypto currency.

So, my point is if anyone can give me opinion on this matter as it seems that in future more countries will follow this perception and it will badly effect the crypto market.

Do you guys read the topics posted here before opening a new topic? This must be like number 20 post with the same theme> All coins in red, yes we know. Good opportunity to buy. Nothing more. Noone is switching off their miners or pulling plug on their mining farms after two three days of price correction. All you have is a great opportunity to buy more coins at a good price. Maybe it is not  the best price and it may go lower, who knows. Invest only as much as you can afford to loose if that is why you are here. There is no certainty in trading. Certainly not in crypto trading. 
superjeyy

Activity: 182
Merit: 147

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 02:00:20 PM

I am not so sure if the real reason of its decline is really the banning in South Korea, but nonetheless we've all been to the same situation and hopefully we all know how to handle this correction. It can be quite alarming since the rate range jumped from $14,000 to $11,000 but fear not. One thing we should always take note of is that Bitcoin always comes through. Just give it a little more time to recover and things will be back on track.
Canis Majoris

Activity: 126
Merit: 59

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 02:05:15 PM

>>>>https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=57.0

There is no South Korea ban as of yet. They'll just reviewing their policy. It's more about China, who are banning bitcoin for the 20th time in the last few years.

Weren't they doing exactly the same exactly one year ago? Correct me if I'm wrong on this, but hadn't they already banned their exchanges in January, 2017? Well, since they are banning them again, they are obviously going to unban them in a short while, again. Unless they ban them for good. Or so they promise.

On the flip side though, the price has been in correction for quite a while already. It kinda takes too long, so couldn't it actually be different this time around? I mean to say maybe we have peaked now, and there is only one way left, which is down.
Thirdspace

Activity: 1232
Merit: 738

Mixing reinvented for your privacy | chipmixer.com

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 02:16:44 PM

This happens when whales are shorting ...
Stay strong guys!
My stop-loss at $10,000 on BTC could trigger that I put in place due to high
tx fees pulling the price down of Bitcoin so it's no panic move on my part

your stop-loss would be those whales' start-profit  Grin  Tongue  don't take it too seriously
I'm looking at the chart within the last 30 days period, it has downward trends... not sure how low it could go
but I might be placing buy order if it goes down below 10k or 9000+

MainIbem

Activity: 1288
Merit: 379

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 02:19:50 PM

Is Korea banning cryptocurrencies or issueing tighter controls? Some say tighter control. others say ban. Which is the correct one?

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
73blazer

Activity: 111
Merit: 17

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 02:30:30 PM

It is not "plummeting".
It is merely going back to a much more normal sustainable growth rate, you really didn't see it coming with a rise from $5000 to $20000 in a matter of weeks? Of course it was going to go back to 5,6,7 or 8k or so.
I'm very happy so long as the price doesn't fall below $5k.
alyssa85
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1088

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 02:31:18 PM

Is Korea banning cryptocurrencies or issueing tighter controls? Some say tighter control. others say ban. Which is the correct one?

Korea is just issuing tighter controls - and that's normal, no govt minister wants angry people shouting at them for not regulating, once they have lost money.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit InvestBox.|.BUY X10 AND EARN 10% DAILY.🏆
AGD
Legendary

Activity: 2069
Merit: 1164

Keeper of the Private Key

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 06:36:14 AM

It is not "plummeting".
It is merely going back to a much more normal sustainable growth rate, you really didn't see it coming with a rise from $5000 to $20000 in a matter of weeks? Of course it was going to go back to 5,6,7 or 8k or so.
I'm very happy so long as the price doesn't fall below $5k.

Even a falback to 2000$ will still be a 100% raise in one year, which is extraordinary.

Bitcoin is not a bubble, it's the pin!
+++ GPG Public key FFBD756C24B54962E6A772EA1C680D74DB714D40 +++ http://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x1C680D74DB714D40
BitcoinSupremo
Copper Member

Activity: 1414
Merit: 529

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 02:55:11 PM

>>>>https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=57.0

There is no South Korea ban as of yet. They'll just reviewing their policy. It's more about China, who are banning bitcoin for the 20th time in the last few years.

What I find most alarming about this is is that it's not even an actual thing yet and is something that has to be passed by parliament so might not even happen and probably won't, but if this is all it takes to wipe thousands of the value then bitcoin and cryptocurrencies are never going to be taken seriously. What happens when officials from other countries like the USA or others decide to start spreading rumors that they're going to ban or regulate bitcoin or exchanges? The price will plummet even more and people will purposely start manipulating the price just to be malicious and to cause disruption. If you have a gripe or fear against bitcoin because it threatens your power then it's easy just to spread fud backed by nothing other than words.

Bitcoin is already in the stock market in the USA, it means it can be bought and sold and played in the stock market like any other asset , i.e oil. This means USA is never going to ban Bitcoin. As long as one of the greatest countries in the world if not the greatest will have it readily available from the stock market and many exchanges like Coinbase I think we are safe from what you are afraid of.
noorman0

Activity: 1764
Merit: 693

[Nope]No hype delivers more than hope

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2018, 03:18:09 PM

Will there be a BTC crisis? after a few days of various media reported that some countries have banned BTC, of course a number of BTC circulating in the relevant country will be trapped and resulted in the number of BTC in the world will be a little

This space for rent.
Available in mid January 2024 - PM me
LtMotioN

Activity: 210
Merit: 29

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 06:34:40 AM

Not really, If South Africa banned BTC now I would still find some way to sell mine if I were to sell it. Its borderless money, theres no way any government can stop people using BTC.

There are plenty of options to sell it such as paypal or twitch donations or whatever, I dont need to go through a normal crypto-fiat exchange to sell it.

Its impossible to stop it, the only thing they can do is slow it down but it will prevail.
Banks and their fractional banking systems can go jump off a cliff for all I care. We need to go back to gold standard across the globe or we need to let  BTC and crypto take  over.

Dogs are nice, I don't like cats though.
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 06:56:17 AM

As you all aware of Bitcoin and other alt currencies are plummet due to ban of Crypto currency Exchanges in South Korea and the government was preparing a law to close all the nation’s exchanges this is because of speculations about illegal acts could be perform through Crypto currency.
it has never been exactly because of the bans because in past maybe 250 times a ban news like this came out and caused a big or small dip, 99% of the times it was pure FUD and there were never a ban to begin with. 200 of that 250 times it has been China banning bitcoin from 2011ish until today. and the rest have been Russia, India, and now Korea and some other countries.
the interesting thing is when a country actually banned bitcoin (example Bangladesh) nobody even talked about it and there were no drop whatsoever!

So, my point is if anyone can give me opinion on this matter as it seems that in future more countries will follow this perception and it will badly effect the crypto market.

these things will surely slow down the progress of bitcoin (and possibly any other decentralized cryptocurrency like bitcoin, but has no effect on centralized altcoins) because it will make the adoption harder. for example merchants won't accept bitcoin as payments anymore in those countries. but it can never stop the adoption. bitcoin is still a decentralized currency and will be adopted by people and grow bigger.

additionally it is only rare cases when a country actually bans bitcoin. the rest of the world (80% of them) have adopted bitcoin one way or another. like Japan with open arms and easy regulations and no taxation on bitcoin payments or like US with a bit more strict laws regarding taxes,...

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: