Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 08:59:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Crowdfund a bitcoin tattoo, "I am hodling"  (Read 2525 times)
HypnoticGuy

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2014, 05:55:13 PM

We got victims, now who's going to add to the bounty?

Bounty rules

No limit to bounty, keep funding until someone accepts

No refunds for 1 month, then you can get it back if someone isn't in the process of getting a tattoo

Transaction fee deducted from refund

Bounty goes to person that we choose in majority and needs majority confirmation to release. We'll probably need a full video with a face and many photos.

Transaction fee deducted from bounty

Address is 1FEK5TZ4WkFRiVJYnsutAQu7JK4brzXGkt

Many tattoo artists do not allow making videos, and some even forbid photos while they work.  These things should not be required.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitcoinsrus (OP)

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 06:08:57 PM

Thanks bitpop for starting up the address and acting as escrow and thanks hypnoticguy for willing to be an active participant in this project.

I think bitpop meant he needed definitive proof of some sort. I know I am not actively part of this project (not a escrow or participant), so my advice probably does not matter that much.

This should be a fun project (if successful) and since you seem like the most willing (hypnoticguy) why don't you give us an idea of what you had in mind (so our possible funders reading this post could get some sort of idea) (proof etc)

and by the way nice edited pics (with the qr code)
bitpop
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2014, 06:10:49 PM

They don't? I see many on YouTube. Well proof everyone likes will be needed.

HypnoticGuy

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2014, 06:18:53 PM

They don't? I see many on YouTube. Well proof everyone likes will be needed.

Many don't for a lot of reasons, legal liability, distracting, etc.
HypnoticGuy

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2014, 06:22:17 PM

Thanks bitpop for starting up the address and acting as escrow and thanks hypnoticguy for willing to be an active participant in this project.

I think bitpop meant he needed definitive proof of some sort. I know I am not actively part of this project (not a escrow or participant), so my advice probably does not matter that much.

This should be a fun project (if successful) and since you seem like the most willing (hypnoticguy) why don't you give us an idea of what you had in mind (so our possible funders reading this post could get some sort of idea) (proof etc)

Well, he wrote "We'll probably need a full video with a face and many photos", and I assumed that meant a video of the tattoo work as it was being done.  

As far as proof, I can provide a photo of my forearm with a local newspaper in it to show it is bare, and date validation before getting the tattoo.  Afterwards, a couple photos of my forearm with the tattoo.

I plan on having a friend come along to take pics (if allowed), and I will be more than happy to post them too, if this happens.

ALSO NOTE: One thing OP/escrow should consider is partial release of funds to the tattoo artist, to pay for the tattoo if/when this gets this far, especially if the tattoo artist takes bitcoin.

HypnoticGuy

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2014, 06:26:48 PM

I just posted this on Craig's List: ISO Local Tattoo artist that will work for bitcoin

http://tampa.craigslist.org/hil/crs/4505753600.html

and this on /r/tattoos

http://www.reddit.com/r/tattoos/comments/27e38y/looking_for_a_tattoo_artist_in_tampa_fl_who/
Destiffmast

Activity: 125
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 06:27:23 PM

I think most of us would do it for 10 no problem, well I certaily would coz I'm hooker for bitcoins but not a cheap hooker so I do it for 9! LOL

bitcoinsrus (OP)

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 06:45:11 PM

Well, he wrote "We'll probably need a full video with a face and many photos", and I assumed that meant a video of the tattoo work as it was being done.  

As far as proof, I can provide a photo of my forearm with a local newspaper in it to show it is bare, and date validation before getting the tattoo.  Afterwards, a couple photos of my forearm with the tattoo.

I plan on having a friend come along to take pics (if allowed), and I will be more than happy to post them too, if this happens.

ALSO NOTE: One thing OP/escrow should consider is partial release of funds to the tattoo artist, to pay for the tattoo if/when this gets this far, especially if the tattoo artist takes bitcoin.

Thanks for addressing the issue. (responding to the also note part I am not in control of the address, the escrow is, and I am sure he will do whatever he feels is right @releasing it to the artist)

My suggestion is that some sort of compromise between escrow and patient is established before any work is done. (So that it is clear what should be done)

Now as far as donations for the project, not sure if it will go down. But I am sure if 1 person had a special request of some sort, they would probably fill the order (if not, then hopefully a group of smaller donors adds some funds).

Reguardless of whether or not this project gets funded, this was a great idea (from people in the other speculation forum) and it was a pleasure to have this discussion with all of you (thus far)
jambola2
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1038

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 09:01:27 PM

There is a typo in title , you misspelled 'hodling'
Correct it immediately Tongue

Also , I'm pretty sure any Bitcoin enthusiast tattooist would do it for free/minimal fee.

No longer active on bitcointalk, however, you can still reach me via PMs if needed.
HypnoticGuy

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2014, 09:57:10 PM

There is a typo in title , you misspelled 'hodling'
Correct it immediately Tongue

Also , I'm pretty sure any Bitcoin enthusiast tattooist would do it for free/minimal fee.

Really? What do you do for a living? 

Would you do the same work for free/minimal fee for anyone who asked, if they mentioned that they were a bitcoin enthusiast?
RiverBoatBTC

Activity: 224

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2014, 10:11:49 PM

I got a artist that will do it and allow pictures and a few short video clips, he will accept BTC I just dono if I want a tattoo lol. He is about to be at my house I will take a picture of his work when he gets here. I got a couple of questions

It has to be on the arm? I like to keep a clean cut look.

It has to be exactly that picture?

I might be interested in it for .95 BTC + tattoo costs, it is a close friend who does tattoo's so the cost will be low and I can have it done at any time.

jambola2
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1038

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 01:20:38 PM

We got victims, now who's going to add to the bounty?

Bounty rules

No limit to bounty, keep funding until someone accepts

No refunds for 1 month, then you can get it back if someone isn't in the process of getting a tattoo

Transaction fee deducted from refund

Bounty goes to person that we choose in majority and needs majority confirmation to release. We'll probably need a full video with a face and many photos.

Transaction fee deducted from bounty

Address is 1FEK5TZ4WkFRiVJYnsutAQu7JK4brzXGkt

Well , we need to make it such that the voting power of choosing who gets the tattoo must be proportional to the BTC invested Tongue
If a single person invests 0.51 BTC of the 1 BTC , he alone should be able to choose who gets the tattoo.

I probably will contribute once we get more defined rules and a list of "victims" as you call it Tongue

No longer active on bitcointalk, however, you can still reach me via PMs if needed.
Julissa

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 12:53:21 AM

One last idea, but this might be a bit much. I guess it's up to everyone else.
http://www.cryptocointips.com/forearmC2.jpg

Need any more victims?

I just signed up, but have been a long time lurker.  Was already thinking about getting a new tattoo anyways, but I'll do a bitcoin tattoo for 10BTC.  I would end up getting this one either on my ribs or ankle.

This lady + bitcoin tattoo = really cool!  Smiley
cryptopick

Activity: 201

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 05:03:34 PM

I got my Bitcoin Tattoo back in 2013 before it was cool =P , check it out on instagram , user: Trevsisland
bitpop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2014, 06:03:12 PM

I'm refunding my bounty and closing escrow

bitpop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2014, 06:05:14 PM

I got my Bitcoin Tattoo back in 2013 before it was cool =P , check it out on instagram , user: Trevsisland

Nice

cryptopick

Activity: 201

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 06:58:30 PM

Thanks! , it looks alot better now as the lines have filled out. I get alot of questions about it and it generates some good bitcoin talk. The best part is I got it after convincing the shop to accept bitcoin officially . It only made sense to pay for my bitcoin Tattoo in Bitcoin.

-Trev
bitpop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2014, 07:14:41 PM

Do you have an update

bitcoinsrus (OP)

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 07:52:32 PM

Do you have an update

Not sure if you are talking to me. Does not seem that this project will get funded unless someone wants someone (else) to get a specific tattoo or something.

Well, it was worth a try (and would have been cool to see this thing get done). Sorry to hear you retracted the address, but I do not blame you.

I guess I can keep this thread open since it seems popular with the comments and views (sort of).

If anyone wants anyone else to get a specific tattoo and is willing to pay, feel free to conversate here and solicit an escrow (I can act as one, but I do not recommend this since I have not been here long enough to earn anyones trust)

Anyways thanks all my fellow bitcoiners, I am glad we all had a nice discussion (and hopefully one day this thread can lead to this project getting funded in the future).

-bitcoinsrus
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: