Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 09:39:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [2014-06-04] Novello starts $4.2m Indiegogo campaign for "ultra low cost" ASICs  (Read 1860 times)
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 03:20:21 AM

So far they have raised some $5,997, out of the $4.2 million required. That is around 0.1% of the target. Still 25 days are remaining.  Grin What will happen if the target is not reached? Will the funds be sent back to the contributors?

I don't see the correct answer posted yet, unless I missed it.

Indiegogo.com offers a "Flexible Funding" option and they will get every penny donated even without reaching the goal.
Under $10,000 might look lame, since they had a huge target, but it's over $5K with plenty of time left. Not too shabby, if they are living/"working" in mommies garage.

Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kjlimo
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1031

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2014, 03:24:44 AM

So far they have raised some $5,997, out of the $4.2 million required. That is around 0.1% of the target. Still 25 days are remaining.  Grin What will happen if the target is not reached? Will the funds be sent back to the contributors?

Indiegogo.com offers a "Flexible Funding" option and they will get every penny donated even without reaching the goal.
Under $10,000 might look lame, since they had a huge target, but it's over $5K with plenty of time left. Not too shabby, if they are living/"working" in mommies garage.

So you're saying the people posting this received funds for a project requiring $4.2M and if the funding target isn't reached, the people still get the money?

What do they do then?  Put it into a CD and wait 8,000 years before starting the project?  Or use it for a purpose not even related to the initial post?

That's laughable...

Coinbase for selling BTCs
Fold for spending BTCs
PM me with any questions on these sites/apps!  http://www.montybitcoin.com

or Vircurex for trading alt cryptocurrencies like DOGEs
CoinNinja for exploring the blockchain.
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 03:38:02 AM

So you're saying the people posting this received funds for a project requiring $4.2M and if the funding target isn't reached, the people still get the money?

What do they do then?  Put it into a CD and wait 8,000 years before starting the project?  Or use it for a purpose not even related to the initial post?

That's laughable...

Kickstarter (the sight that made crowd-funding "famous") has the all-or-nothing model that people are used to seeing. Indiegogo has that option, but for a higher % fee you can choose "Flexible Funding" and keep anything that comes in. Novello chose that option, knowing that several million Dollars was going to be hard to get.

Ron~Popeil

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 05:17:55 AM

"A fool and his money are soon parted."

Hmmm... that is probably what happened. Another one to the long list of Bitcoin-based scams. But this time there is a difference. I think that most of the investors were hearing about ASICs / Bitcoin for the first time. (Experienced Bitcoiners will readily recognize it as a scam).
If that is the case it is even more shameful.

bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 05:29:37 AM

If it is so, then I am 99.99% sure that this is going to be a scam. They will write off the $6K or $7K which is already collected in to some shabby expenses such as project viability study or field trip.
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2014, 10:03:42 AM

If it is so, then I am 99.99% sure that this is going to be a scam. They will write off the $6K or $7K which is already collected in to some shabby expenses such as project viability study or field trip.

yeah, i thought the donators get their money back too.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: