Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 04:29:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 ... 117 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][HONORCOIN][XHC] PoS | Anonymity Airdrop | Poloniex & Bittrex  (Read 126812 times)
kozmos

Activity: 381
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 02:54:03 PM

HonorCoin Now is PoS, congrats Smiley
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
McNulty

Activity: 539
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 02:54:56 PM

staking is working well  Smiley
unlock.mk

Activity: 448

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 02:56:30 PM

This is not true ?
Remaining pow Blocks 2217.
Everyone still mining
wevus

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

Long Term Investor with Short Term Memory Loss

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2014, 02:59:20 PM

This is not true ?
Everyone still mining
Im getting POS already as well Smiley

XChat: XQ6YhjRgXHuZKPwDTps6J6i8mwdYnXYdtY
Donatations for the starving pigmies: XC XSoc3Eb7u2EwMaqV6jYChHrhdDvtZp6Cap
BTC 1ALk4YtmNTLwAvPZszQvrNwmrUBSUPXNKr
kozmos

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 02:59:40 PM

This is not true ?
Everyone still mining
I received this few minutes ago

unlock.mk

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 03:00:22 PM

This is not true ?
Everyone still mining
I think maybe stacking started to work, but maybe pow is till not over? Is that possible ?
wevus

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

Long Term Investor with Short Term Memory Loss

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2014, 03:01:44 PM

This is not true ?
Everyone still mining
I think maybe stacking started to work, but maybe pow is till not over? Is that possible ?
Correct

XChat: XQ6YhjRgXHuZKPwDTps6J6i8mwdYnXYdtY
Donatations for the starving pigmies: XC XSoc3Eb7u2EwMaqV6jYChHrhdDvtZp6Cap
BTC 1ALk4YtmNTLwAvPZszQvrNwmrUBSUPXNKr
Unassorted

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 03:02:51 PM

PoS will start after PoW ends?

Proof-of-Stake is going to begin 2160 blocks (12 hours) before proof-of-work is over.

This is why you guys are getting PoS.
kozmos

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 03:04:21 PM

This is not true ?
Everyone still mining
PoW is still on, we still have 2174 PoW blocks and less to go.
dminer69

Activity: 322

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 03:05:41 PM

Remaining pow Blocks
anarchyx914

Activity: 338
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 03:07:28 PM

Why doesn't this coin have an exchange? I've been solo mining for a couple of days, would like to know how much these coins are worth...

This coin doesn't have an exchange because it isnt even 3 days old yet. I see the validity of having the coin on an exchange but from a value point of view the coin not being on an exchange is a good thing at first. After PoW phase ends is when we should be pushing for an exchange with the plan on having the coin on one sometime next week. That would be the best option.

The coin needs an exchange now when people can get some with their own hardware and not have to spend BTC to buy. No one is going to invest in a coin that is un-mineable that offers no special features and does nothing to separate itself from every other coin being launched. If the coin isnt on an exchange before POW ends it will die.

I often invest BTC in coins that are truly innovative and that offer something different. This coin does neither of those, and the only way it will get popular is buyers/investors for it on an exchange.

POW 3 days was a good idea assuming it got added to an exchange within first 24 hours, its looking like a terrible idea now.

You guys have to remember, its people willing to invest in a coin that assign a BTC value to a coin and that buy up your coins. A coin with no innovation, that isn't currently mineable, and can only be bought with BTC creates little to no appeal for investors. Especially when there are 10-15 other coins with similar specs, pos interest, and features that are already more established that have bigger mining communities and initial supporters.

I see what you are saying and I agree with you on most of the points you are hitting on. That being said, not every coin that was PoW for a few days and then PoS went on an exchange(decent sized one at least) during the PoW phase. I'd rather not use CINNI as an example again but I also wouldn't want to spend a ton of time looking up more examples of different coins like this. CINNI was on Bittrex and Poloneix on the last day of mining for the coin. After that it was a week and then it hit Mintpal. What did CINNI bring to the table that was innovative? What has any coin other than new algos and anonymity introduced anything new and innovative though? Right now, out of most of the threads that I have read on here, XHC is the only coin that I have seen that people haven't been spamming "Scam Coin!" or "Pump and dump coin going to fail!" I can't say for certain that this wasn't in the original thread because those posts might have been deleted but just that alone is what made me personally give this coin a try. Sure, for some people that would be a good enough reason to add value to the coin but what about for others? We have All seen, and are still seeing, the success of DRK. With XHC having the anon factor being added(news sometime later today) shortly after launch puts this coin ahead and back on track for what BTC was originally about, decentralization. I'm giving this coin a shot regardless of if its on an exchange today or not because it has a growing community as well as a somewhat more active dev in the forums than other coins. Not being on an exchange right away isn't a huge deal breaker for me but for others it is and that is what they look for in a coin and I understand and respect that but to automatically expect a coin to be on an exchange the day or or after it launches is frankly absurd when it used to take a month or more for that to happen.

Cinni had a much bigger mining community. Our nethash rate is comprised of 4/5ths Renters @ nicehash.com. Our community is very small.

One thing that could prove me wrong is a rich list, lets see the actual distribution of the coin. I bet about 1/3rd of it resides in just 4-5wallets. Our community needs to grow, and getting on bittrex and people seeing prices can inspire them to mine.

xHash has 3.3GH of mining across only 200 miners. That means every miner would have to have almost 10.5MH which I doubt they do. almost 50% of that 3.3GH is rentals. xhash controls over 50% of the hash rate, so at most the coin maybe has 500-600 miners total. Small community.

Taking the top 3 miners from xhash, i bet 2 of them are renting hash @nicehash.

1      rapid   1,022,832   18           782,221.667
2      anonymous   449,597   34   343,834.184
3      anonymous   126,959   1   97,093.413
dminer69

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 03:08:21 PM

TWEET @BittrexExchange @richiela the honor & transparency in crypto #Honorcoin, time to add Honorcoin @coinhonor OR RT https://twitter.com/hero18688/status/474872999020347393
BrewCrewFan

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 03:10:15 PM

LUTZ @ all the people crying for an exchange. You want one make a dang google doc then. Coins used to go a few months before they got pegged onto a exchange. Giving a coin a week or more to see if its worth while does nothing but help the price because this helps avoid typical scam pump and dump coins.

I didn't realize that wondering how much a coin is worth is equivalent to crying. I always hold anyway, never dump.

Right... and your only part of maybe the 10% that does hold. My point being I have seen more than my fair share of coin go to market right off and seen it just destroyed. All it takes is a few Chinese farms to kill the profit off it.

Why doesn't this coin have an exchange? I've been solo mining for a couple of days, would like to know how much these coins are worth...

This coin doesn't have an exchange because it isnt even 3 days old yet. I see the validity of having the coin on an exchange but from a value point of view the coin not being on an exchange is a good thing at first. After PoW phase ends is when we should be pushing for an exchange with the plan on having the coin on one sometime next week. That would be the best option.

The coin needs an exchange now when people can get some with their own hardware and not have to spend BTC to buy. No one is going to invest in a coin that is un-mineable that offers no special features and does nothing to separate itself from every other coin being launched. If the coin isnt on an exchange before POW ends it will die.

I often invest BTC in coins that are truly innovative and that offer something different. This coin does neither of those, and the only way it will get popular is buyers/investors for it on an exchange.

POW 3 days was a good idea assuming it got added to an exchange within first 24 hours, its looking like a terrible idea now.

You guys have to remember, its people willing to invest in a coin that assign a BTC value to a coin and that buy up your coins. A coin with no innovation, that isn't currently mineable, and can only be bought with BTC creates little to no appeal for investors. Especially when there are 10-15 other coins with similar specs, pos interest, and features that are already more established that have bigger mining communities and initial supporters.

Your first part makes no sense. How would people not having BTC , not able to mine it right now?

Also, for the rest, see my response above... You think that would not hold true? Why would I mine it then when some farm sees it profitable now, goes and hashed the heck out of it, not only raising the dif, leaving those small miners with less, but then they instantly turn around and dump it causing a massive price drop?

Think of multipools. Thats pretty much what your asking for. Kill it before it even gets off the ground.

Free SIGNs giving everyday. Be part, do not miss!.
SqMe5ceYfdcGsRyVpgvpYb6bRLS9j8omvB

XChat : Addy : XYuZESQpeMtZ2wit8nVVnXKGytfiaTBCo6 PubKey : eteshLzeq8Bh54BRjGSunMTc6Ytxtk7HYaSmDYMQn61z
unlock.mk

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 03:21:12 PM

LUTZ @ all the people crying for an exchange. You want one make a dang google doc then. Coins used to go a few months before they got pegged onto a exchange. Giving a coin a week or more to see if its worth while does nothing but help the price because this helps avoid typical scam pump and dump coins.

I didn't realize that wondering how much a coin is worth is equivalent to crying. I always hold anyway, never dump.

Right... and your only part of maybe the 10% that does hold. My point being I have seen more than my fair share of coin go to market right off and seen it just destroyed. All it takes is a few Chinese farms to kill the profit off it.

Your first part makes no sense. How would people not having BTC , not able to mine it right now?

Also, for the rest, see my response above... You think that would not hold true? Why would I mine it then when some farm sees it profitable now, goes and hashed the heck out of it, not only raising the dif, leaving those small miners with less, but then they instantly turn around and dump it causing a massive price drop?

Think of multipools. Thats pretty much what your asking for. Kill it before it even gets off the ground.

I totaly agree with BrewCrewFan
Oldriga

Activity: 434

Universal Life Church Minister

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 03:21:49 PM

Damn i wait for the launch, Then thread deleted. Start mining to late  Cry

dminer69

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 03:22:42 PM

at some point im glad we didnt get hit with big mining farms, slow growth is better then fast growth unless your here to make a quick buck.
dminer69

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 03:27:06 PM

Remaining pow Blocks
Unassorted

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 03:30:42 PM

I see what you are saying and I agree with you on most of the points you are hitting on. That being said, not every coin that was PoW for a few days and then PoS went on an exchange(decent sized one at least) during the PoW phase. I'd rather not use CINNI as an example again but I also wouldn't want to spend a ton of time looking up more examples of different coins like this. CINNI was on Bittrex and Poloneix on the last day of mining for the coin. After that it was a week and then it hit Mintpal. What did CINNI bring to the table that was innovative? What has any coin other than new algos and anonymity introduced anything new and innovative though? Right now, out of most of the threads that I have read on here, XHC is the only coin that I have seen that people haven't been spamming "Scam Coin!" or "Pump and dump coin going to fail!" I can't say for certain that this wasn't in the original thread because those posts might have been deleted but just that alone is what made me personally give this coin a try. Sure, for some people that would be a good enough reason to add value to the coin but what about for others? We have All seen, and are still seeing, the success of DRK. With XHC having the anon factor being added(news sometime later today) shortly after launch puts this coin ahead and back on track for what BTC was originally about, decentralization. I'm giving this coin a shot regardless of if its on an exchange today or not because it has a growing community as well as a somewhat more active dev in the forums than other coins. Not being on an exchange right away isn't a huge deal breaker for me but for others it is and that is what they look for in a coin and I understand and respect that but to automatically expect a coin to be on an exchange the day or or after it launches is frankly absurd when it used to take a month or more for that to happen.

Cinni had a much bigger mining community. Our nethash rate is comprised of 4/5ths Renters @ nicehash.com. Our community is very small.

One thing that could prove me wrong is a rich list, lets see the actual distribution of the coin. I bet about 1/3rd of it resides in just 4-5wallets. Our community needs to grow, and getting on bittrex and people seeing prices can inspire them to mine.

xHash has 3.3GH of mining across only 200 miners. That means every miner would have to have almost 10.5MH which I doubt they do. almost 50% of that 3.3GH is rentals. xhash controls over 50% of the hash rate, so at most the coin maybe has 500-600 miners total. Small community.

Taking the top 3 miners from xhash, i bet 2 of them are renting hash @nicehash.

1      rapid   1,022,832   18           782,221.667
2      anonymous   449,597   34   343,834.184
3      anonymous   126,959   1   97,093.413

xHash isn't the only pool though that has a big hashrate. pool.mn on the first day consisted of most of the hash rate of the entire network and now it is half of the network with 301(at the time of replying) miners over 3GH. Nicehash has allowed it for people to put massive amounts of hash onto a coin that is true but we will have to wait and see how the distribution panned out later today when PoW ends.
anarchyx914

Activity: 338
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 03:34:46 PM

I was referring to the scenario of us going full POS before ending up on an exchange.

The mining period is 3 days. We are already almost 2 days into it, or close to it. It takes more than 24 hours for multipools to pickup new altcoins. They have to be more profitable than current altcoins to ever get mined. You wouldn't have to worry about that here, because we go full POS in about 24 hours. Also, the big profitable multipools allow you to keep a coin if you feel its going to be more profitable later, alot of people do that and they never have to switch pools for new coin launches.

Dumpers are going to DUMP regardless of if and when a coin gets put on an exchange. The magnitude of the dump depends on the people who hold it. I bet my ass 1/3rd of this coin is in 5-10 wallets.

I'm thinking if we wait until POS is going to get listed we're going to be in trouble. The main concept to get people interested in crypto is through mining. Take that away, you have a community that starts to dwindle away (unless you have a strong multipool buying your own coin) or a strong PR campaign to promote to new investors and grow the community.

This is an interesting one.. On a positive note, POS Works Smiley
dminer69

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 03:35:10 PM

Remaining pow Blocks
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 ... 117 »
  Print  

Jump to: