Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 02:02:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Interesting trend in the BTC price lows?  (Read 894 times)
davejh (OP)

Activity: 136
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 06:47:41 PM

A few months ago I wrote an article about the periodic spikes in the BTC price. Given the increases over the last few weeks it seemed likely that this might be the start of the next 7 month spike. What I hadn't looked at before is what the trend is in the low point value between the highs - I was pretty surprised by just how that ended up looking!

http://hashingit.com/analysis/18-strange-spikes-revisited
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Ron~Popeil

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 09:17:39 PM

A few months ago I wrote an article about the periodic spikes in the BTC price. Given the increases over the last few weeks it seemed likely that this might be the start of the next 7 month spike. What I hadn't looked at before is what the trend is in the low point value between the highs - I was pretty surprised by just how that ended up looking!

http://hashingit.com/analysis/18-strange-spikes-revisited

Yes, I think the floor going up each time is the most significant thing about it. That might be why investors are suddenly pouring so much capital into the infrastructure.

davejh (OP)

Activity: 136
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 11:01:23 AM

Yes, I think the floor going up each time is the most significant thing about it. That might be why investors are suddenly pouring so much capital into the infrastructure.

I got time to look at the numbers properly a few minutes ago. Ignoring the size of the spikes, it's the steady trend in the lows that's most revealing. There's an surprisingly steady 10x increase every 12 to 15 months. Even if this were to slow down to 10x every 18 to 24 months that's the sort of scope for returns that's definitely going to get investors attention.
Trade-Winds

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 01:56:04 PM

I got time to look at the numbers properly a few minutes ago. Ignoring the size of the spikes, it's the steady trend in the lows that's most revealing. There's an surprisingly steady 10x increase every 12 to 15 months. Even if this were to slow down to 10x every 18 to 24 months that's the sort of scope for returns that's definitely going to get investors attention.

This analysis (mine) sort of equates to what you are saying here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=621886.msg7158065#msg7158065

Want to invest in bitcoins?

Find out how to do it today here
Ron~Popeil

Activity: 406

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 04:09:18 PM

Exactly. Even the floor prices give you something to like. 

waldox

Activity: 252

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2014, 08:07:35 AM

the next uptrend should break 1000

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   * Dental Hygiene Cleaning in Toronto & Mississauga accepts Bitcoin  * Downtown Toronto Real Estate Realtor Blog & News * Toronto House Evaluation * Toronto Dental Cleaning Hygiene Centre
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
bitgeek

Activity: 462
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 10:51:24 AM

the next uptrend should break 1000
I wouldn't be so sure, the previous uptrend went longer than it should because gox was keeping the price up by buying their own coins with a bot. So next pump may end much lower like in the $800s.

███████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████