Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 02:20:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][HMY] HarmonyCoin|New Wallets|Live On Bittrex|X13|100% POS  (Read 86937 times)
CryptoAdvisor

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 06:19:49 PM

1:16 AM <Cryptoadvisor> I'm trying to buy btc. I could do coinbase but don't have a visa credit card

You said nothing before or after these comments pertinent to my post. You got laughed at tho.

Almost every question someone asks you about ur coin in IRC, you don't have an answer for yet.
Or will answer AFTER the IPO and AFTER people SPEND their money.

I don't think it's a big deal for him to ask where to buy btc immediately. The only places I am aware of are things like that linden coin swap place, or perhaps buying small amounts of doge via paypal, then selling that doge for btc. But it's hardly a direct way and I expect less than optimal prices.

I'd be more concerned that he doesn't have a credit card, than him asking how to get btc quickly.

I have a discover credit card. Even with Credit card verification, Coinbase only allows $1000 instant buys which is too small.  The ability to buy btc instantly is a real concern in cryptos.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
poornamelessme

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 06:29:06 PM

I have a discover credit card. Even with Credit card verification, Coinbase only allows $1000 instant buys which is too small.  The ability to buy btc instantly is a real concern in cryptos.

Yeah, it is. The only thing I can suggest is if you happen to be in an area with btc atms, I guess that could be one option.

There is lindencoins (assuming that trick still works), and I have seen small amounts of doge on some sites for sale via paypal, which if the price is decent, could be used to convert to btc. But if you want 1K+ in btc immediately, no idea how you can manage it.

Coinbase is what I have used, and just did a very small amount via linked bank account, mostly to just see how it worked. It took like a week for me to get it... and by then btc dropped in price like 20%.
CryptoAdvisor

Activity: 126

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 06:33:00 PM

Yeah, it is. The only thing I can suggest is if you happen to be in an area with btc atms, I guess that could be one option.

There is lindencoins (assuming that trick still works), and I have seen small amounts of doge on some sites for sale via paypal, which if the price is decent, could be used to convert to btc. But if you want 1K+ in btc immediately, no idea how you can manage it.

Coinbase is what I have used, and just did a very small amount via linked bank account, mostly to just see how it worked. It took like a week for me to get it... and by then btc dropped in price like 20%.

Yes, the problem with the linden thing is that it's kind of a high price to get into btc, so there's no point in paying so much extra. Coinbase is always dangerous because as you said, you never know what price btc will be at when you get your coins.
poornamelessme

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 06:39:57 PM

I am still curious about the anonymity questions I asked earlier.

Centralized mixer or true decentralized solution?

And will you agree to bittrex not releasing btc funds to the team until the anonymity features have been verified?
HarmonyCoin (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 06:48:25 PM

And will you agree to bittrex not releasing btc funds to the team until the anonymity features have been verified?

The contract escrow with bittrex is currently contingent upon the wallets compiling, blockchain syncing, and Withdrawls working. We will work hard to make sure that Anon is fully ready by the end of POW though.
poornamelessme

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 06:49:27 PM

The contract escrow with bittrex is currently contingent upon the wallets compiling, blockchain syncing, and Withdrawls working. We will work hard to make sure that Anon is fully ready by the end of POW though.

Okay, so anonymity is not guaranteed before the team gets their btc.

As for the other question, what sort of anonymity solution are we talking about exactly?
chesthing
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 06:56:53 PM

I find it pretty damn funny DCM shills being so upset with this copy of their fucking ripoff IPO.
DCM was a great ipo to buy and dump, anyone buying now is a fool. This coin may be a great ipo to buy as well, there are so many idiots here history could easily repeat.
I will say this, their dual btc/har wallet is interesting, and if Harmony comes up with some real anon features I'd consider buying it.
DCM's only promise is to get it into mainstream currency usage. What a fucking joke, anyone with a turtle's brain understands BTC is the only coin that has a serious chance of doing that.
HarmonyCoin (OP)

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 06:57:54 PM

Okay, so anonymity is not guaranteed before the team gets their btc.

As for the other question, what sort of anonymity solution are we talking about exactly?

I'll have our head dev come in and write an explanation about all of this.
poornamelessme

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 07:11:36 PM

I find it pretty damn funny DCM shills being so upset with this copy of their fucking ripoff IPO.
DCM was a great ipo to buy and dump, anyone buying now is a fool. This coin may be a great ipo to buy as well, there are so many idiots here history could easily repeat.
I will say this, their dual btc/har wallet is interesting, and if Harmony comes up with some real anon features I'd consider buying it.
DCM's only promise is to get it into mainstream currency usage. What a fucking joke, anyone with a turtle's brain understands BTC is the only coin that has a serious chance of doing that.

Umm... I think people were primarily upset due to copying the announcement. But the dev here apologized for that and updated the thread. As of now, the matter seems to have been dropped by most people, so no idea why you are bringing it up again.

And no alt coin probably will get into mainstream currency usage, unless its by an indirect means (coinpayment processor), at least for the seemingly near future. I don't even think btc will be used by the mainstream for a while, if ever. Still, marketplaces have their place and can be useful.
gentacomp

Activity: 211

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 07:44:57 PM

Theres still 2.5m HMY in bittrex, if no one buy it then it would be destroyed and total coin only ~4.5m HMY (7m - 2.5m). Cinni coin can go to 40k sat with total coin 15m. Do the math then 6000 sat is to cheap. So sad I only got ~0.5 btc to buy it...

YinCoin YangCoin ☯☯First Ever POS/POW Alternator! Multipool! ☯ ☯ http://yinyangpool.com/  Free Distribution! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=623937
Freebiescoin- 100% Free Distribution
Coffeecoin- 100% FREE Distribution:CC8zeK5Mq19W2yUdmhMXbLCmRqEkG7axTW
Let's color the MOON: YCtgk5JaBEt1WT7js29sh6W5my8dgcP2Sp
testadimerlo

Activity: 826
Merit: 263

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 07:57:59 PM

hi, please can I ask you when the ipo ends?
tylerderden
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1025

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 09:10:50 PM

darkcoin guy has been working for months to implement anon. what makes you think these people who dont know how to do anything but ask for btc will get it before him?
DailyModo

Activity: 812

www.gamebet.gg

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 09:27:19 PM

darkcoin guy has been working for months to implement anon. what makes you think these people who dont know how to do anything but ask for btc will get it before him?

The idea of anon would never have been introduced if it couldn't be done. The whole team is active here tryng to be fully transparent so please have some faith for the next couple of days and allow Harmony to prove you how hard the team is working.

Anon is barely a start to what harmony coins wants to become! This is a feature one of many to be introduced in the future.
Harmony is backed up by talented devs and you have nothing to worry about when it comes to features.

Betting on esports with crypto's and steam items has never been easier.
CONTACT
dailymodo@gamebet.gg @GamebetGg
HarmonyCoin (OP)

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 09:40:24 PM

The IPO ends on June 8th.
moneyflow

Activity: 281
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 10:14:26 PM

Hi guys, we are configuring anon features through the official mining pool. Every single person that will mine in the official pool can trust in total anonymity. Also we are actively researching and developing blockchain anonymity, we feel that this is the next step to achieve a completely anonymous coin

This is great, you guys are really working hard for this im glad im part of this community.

So when the ipo ends, the remaining shares which are not sold are going to be destroyed by bittrex? which mean the total cap of the coin will be smaller right?
virtualfaqs

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2014, 10:24:30 PM

What time?

https://twitter.com/virtualfaqs
Looking for altcoin pump advice? Then follow me.
biohammer

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 11:28:37 PM
Last edit: June 06, 2014, 11:39:17 PM by biohammer

I should mention that harmonycoin block generation is developed under parameters that prevent instamining, having the first 5800 blocks a reward value close to zero

Wot M8?
Did I read earlier that you intend to have the first 5800 blocks  with close to zero  block reward  to prevent instamine?   Are you kidding.   How long do you think  5800  blocks will take to mine?  Why would anyone  mine for zero reward for that long.    Dev please address this  because  the blockchain will never move without block rewards and no one will mine without block rewards .....and you will kill the coin before it starts.  You still have time to change it to a more reasonable amount like 150  or 200 blocks with low reward to prevent any instamine.  5800 blocks and no one will mine it.  I certainly wont mine it till  block 5799.     So  Dev are you intentionally trying to have a dead coin or are you just clueless?  Miners dont mine coins for free. So WTF?   Something doesn't smell right here.  Dev clarify this.
HarmonyCoin (OP)

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 01:16:10 AM

What time?

I will end around 8pm PST.
nanoprobe
Legendary

Activity: 980

Traveling in subspace

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 01:24:51 AM

1:16 AM <Cryptoadvisor> I'm trying to buy btc. I could do coinbase but don't have a visa credit card

You said nothing before or after these comments pertinent to my post. You got laughed at tho.

Almost every question someone asks you about ur coin in IRC, you don't have an answer for yet.
Or will answer AFTER the IPO and AFTER people SPEND their money.

I don't think it's a big deal for him to ask where to buy btc immediately. The only places I am aware of are things like that linden coin swap place, or perhaps buying small amounts of doge via paypal, then selling that doge for btc. But it's hardly a direct way and I expect less than optimal prices.

I'd be more concerned that he doesn't have a credit card, than him asking how to get btc quickly.

CB only accepts Visa.

You'll never know what you're living for until you know what you're willing to die for.
Never look back, something might be gaining on you.
HarmonyCoin (OP)

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 01:51:42 AM

I should mention that harmonycoin block generation is developed under parameters that prevent instamining, having the first 5800 blocks a reward value close to zero

Wot M8?
Did I read earlier that you intend to have the first 5800 blocks  with close to zero  block reward  to prevent instamine?   Are you kidding.   How long do you think  5800  blocks will take to mine?  Why would anyone  mine for zero reward for that long.    Dev please address this  because  the blockchain will never move without block rewards and no one will mine without block rewards .....and you will kill the coin before it starts.  You still have time to change it to a more reasonable amount like 150  or 200 blocks with low reward to prevent any instamine.  5800 blocks and no one will mine it.  I certainly wont mine it till  block 5799.     So  Dev are you intentionally trying to have a dead coin or are you just clueless?  Miners dont mine coins for free. So WTF?   Something doesn't smell right here.  Dev clarify this.

We are personally mining up to a block very close to 5800 during the IPO. Then we will stop mining near 5800, and allow public miners to resume mining from where ever we stopped at, so they will be the first ones to break past 5800, meaning that we cannot instamine.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  

Jump to: